Any ideas for new itineraries for 2024 or even 2025

Presto2

Would like to see P&O base a ship in Dubai and resurrect the seasons they did with Oceana visiting

Dubai, Abu Dhabi and ports in Oman, or even some longer ones to the same ports from Southampton.

• Like 3

I love threads like this as they really highlight how much we all want different things - itself a bit of a headache for the cruise line, although at present P&O has a fleet varied enough to do wildly different itineraries if they so chose.

I'd love a cruise that included several places in India but have no desire to visit Dubai or the other Gulf states.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I love threads like this as they really highlight how much we all want different things - itself a bit of a headache for the cruise line, although at present P&O has a fleet varied enough to do wildly different itineraries if they so chose.

I'd love a cruise that included several places in India but have no desire to visit Dubai or the other Gulf states.

Having visited some of the gulf states before it was not high on our list of priorities , however the package was extremely well priced (at the time)and a chance to try another brand and a part land based holiday.   Result.👍

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Having visited some of the gulf states before it was not high on our list of priorities , however the package was extremely well priced (at the time)and a chance to try another brand and a part land based holiday.   Result.👍

Horses for courses...😁

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

I agree with what you have written, especially about having no desire to visit any of the Gulf states. Without wishing to open up a big can of worms, if such varied itineraries and possible new positioning of ships in non UK ports (excluding the Caribbean) became available from P&O, the mega sized Iona and Arvia are unlikely to be of much economic use.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Similar story for us, I always fancied Dubai so booked a 7 Gulf day cruise with 4 days in Dubai with RC. Fantastic cruise and great Itinerary and one we will likely try again in years to come but with a stay other than Dubai as it was good but now I have been I don't feel a need to return, other than a port call.  I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed the area as it was not that high on the bucket list. P&O did have Oceana based out there in 2019 but the season was curtailed due to the troubles.

• Like 1

I used to think it would be a good idea if P&O put on more educational cruises, and they seem to have achieved this now.

You often hear passengers getting off in Southampton saying "Well, that taught me a lesson."

• Haha 3

In theory, I would like a non  fly cruise that visits Aquba for Petra.  

Also, some years ago there used to be a three week cruise on Oceana in December, that visited the far eastern end of the Med, including Cyprus and Israel. I always thought that one sounded very interesting, but by the time I was retired and had the time to do it, it had fallen off the schedules.

In practice, in the current climate, I think I'm done with longer cruises for the time being and would prefer shorter cruises closer to home.  For example, a cruise with a few of the Danish ports, and then return to Southampton via Oslo, Newcastle and Edinburgh. 

• Like 3

Just now, Dermotsgirl said:

Also, some years ago there used to be a three week cruise on Oceana in December, that visited the far eastern end of the Med, including Cyprus and Israel. I always thought that one sounded very interesting, but by the time I was retired and had the time to do it, it had fallen off the schedules....

Yes, it would be good if they brought back those itineraries. Other lines have already reinstated them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Also, some years ago there used to be a three week cruise on Oceana in December, that visited the far eastern end of the Med, including Cyprus and Israel. I always thought that one sounded very interesting, but by the time I was retired and had the time to do it, it had fallen off the schedules.

In practice, in the current climate, I think I'm done with longer cruises for the time being and would prefer shorter cruises closer to home.  For example, a cruise with a few of the Danish ports, and then return to Southampton via Oslo, Newcastle and Edinburgh. 

I like your Danish idea. The last cruise we did was in 2019 and it was a Princess one , just 7 nights but went to Copenhagen, Oslo Skagen and Zeebrugge. Skagen was missed due to high winds and we had an overnight in Oslo because of it. I’d happily do that one again (when things are normal) and Princess have replaced Zeebrugge with Kristiansand now.I like your idea of stopping off at Edinburgh too.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I like your Danish idea. The last cruise we did was in 2019 and it was a Princess one , just 7 nights but went to Copenhagen, Oslo Skagen and Zeebrugge. Skagen was missed due to high winds and we had an overnight in Oslo because of it. I’d happily do that one again (when things are normal) and Princess have replaced Zeebrugge with Kristiansand now.I like your idea of stopping off at Edinburgh too.

We would like to see P&O return to Edinburgh.   Last visit was by Britannia in her maiden year.   Prior to that a visit by Arcadia and one by Adonia (ex-Sea Princess).   It's not a Carnival thing to avoid us, as we have regular Princess, Seabourn and Holland America ships.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I'd like to see South Africa Australia & New Zealand on P&O cruises from Southampton.  I'm married to a Non Flyer so we have been limited over the years as to time a cruise takes.  Now retired we can take as long as we want, but need to get on with it now, before health becomes an issue

19 minutes ago, Madcruiser1 said:

I'd like to see South Africa Australia & New Zealand on P&O cruises from Southampton.  I'm married to a Non Flyer so we have been limited over the years as to time a cruise takes.  Now retired we can take as long as we want, but need to get on with it now, before health becomes an issue

Arcadia sails to Sydney from Southampton in January 2023 and 2024.

27 minutes ago, Madcruiser1 said:

Do it….. you will never regret it. My friends and I still talk about all our adventures from our Aurora world cruise in 2012…..

I am glad to see that P&O are now doing 30 night cruises to America and Canada taking in two days at Boston and three in New York, definitely needed. Have been to Egypt and Turkey (Istanbul) and would like to revisit. Cannot fly so many cruises are not on the itinerary. I would like to go on the 30 nighter to American and Canada and although it's not until 2024 on Arcadia it had gone up considerable as I have a cruise booked next year 35 nights on Ventura inside cabin at £6,200 and the 30 nighter on Arcadia again inside is £8000 +.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 8:29 PM, Waju said:

I don't even know if it's possible but I would like a 28 (ish) cruise from Southampton around the Greek Islands - some of the smaller ones please - oh and on Aurora if possible!

Also I'd like Pootin to 'do one' so I can tick St Petersburg off my list.

I'm going to the Greek Islands on Aurora next year.  She does some nice itineraries.   Fred Olsen are more inventive I think.  Did first part of a world cruise with them out to Dubai, through Suez, stopped at Jordan.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

Booked Fred Olsen's circumnaviagtion of Africa next year. That is something completely different. I wish P&O would resurrect the cruise aross to the USA, through Panama and up to Alaska and back.

• Like 3

On 8/28/2022 at 10:42 AM, Son of Anarchy said:

Birthday with a 0 for me in 2025, so I do hope they have some better itineries for that year or early 2026.

Would quite like to see cruises that take in places like South Africa, India, Japan or South America.

30 again SoA?? Congratulations😉

• Haha 1

I will hold my hands up and say i am a fair weather sunshine cruiser. Went around the uk last summer on royal and it was average. Just been around greece again on royal and whilst ship was too small the port stops were gorgeous. Now for me id like to combine a bigger ship with the port stops around greece, turkey, egypt, Croatia etc. I know P&O sail from Malta and its something i will look into. Love the history and beauty of the eastern med. 

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK

I wish they would restart a Dubai cruise as mine was cancelled due to the issues with Iran.

Also, I would love them to base a ship in Alaska for a season and provide the convenience of a fly cruise as they do in the Caribbean.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leomins said:

Also, I would love them to base a ship in Alaska for a season and provide the convenience of a fly cruise as they do in the Caribbean.

Can't see them doing that.  You would lose a ship for the entire European sumner cruising system, when profit is higgest,  the logistics of 6 or 7 weekly long haul charters during the summer would be daunting,  and is there sufficient demand to fill the ships for an entire six months with UK cruisers ?

Also from a Carnival Corp point of view, you would canabalise sales from  HA and Princess. Plus those two lines have grandfather rights to cruise in Glacier Bay (Alaska expers can correct me if I am incorrect) and therefore offer better itineraries that P&O could offer.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Can't see them doing that.  You would lose a ship for the entire European sumner cruising system, when profit is higgest,  the logistics of 6 or 7 weekly long haul charters during the summer would be daunting,  and is there sufficient demand to fill the ships for an entire six months with UK cruisers ?

Also from a Carnival Corp point of view, you would canabalise sales from  HA and Princess. Plus those two lines have grandfather rights to cruise in Glacier Bay (Alaska expers can correct me if I am incorrect) and therefore offer better itineraries that P&O could offer.

Alaska cruises are also limited, and I would think they are  running at full current capacity already, and as you say HAL and Princess are 2 of the few cruise lines that can visit Glacier bay.

It is also very easy to book any of the major cruise lines via a  good TA or even direct, and finally if P&O ever did offer Alaska fly cruises they would not be cheaper than their mass market competitors.

I'd like 'thruthful' ports! 

Le Havre (for Paris) is one that I see regularly, Paris has got to be 3 to 4 hours away from Le Havre, so if you did a tour you certainly wouldn't get very long in Paris.

We did the Caribbean just before covid and I was hopeful of stepping off the ship onto a beautiful beach but in reality that rarely happens.  Usually the beaches are an expensive taxi ride away and when you add on sunbeds and parasols and maybe a bucket of been you've spent nearly £100.

Earlier this year we went on Azura and did some Greek Islands, Dubrovnik and Malta and we honestly didn't see a single sandy beach!

I have to say that some of the ports we've visited have been amazing but quite a few have been very disappointing with a trip (sorry Shore Experience) needed to get anywhere nice.  Are these ports cheaper for the cruise companies to dock at or necessary because the ships are larger?

7 minutes ago, Waju said:

Usually the beaches are an expensive taxi ride away and when you add on sunbeds and parasols and maybe a bucket of been you've spent nearly £100.

Interesting.  I have been advised recently on the boards that booking a local taxi for tours is a cheaper and better option.  Are you talking about P&O tours or individuals doing their own thing?

I'm currently booking my Christmas Caribbean excursions and have deliberately not booked places like Grenada, Antigua and St Lucia as we were going to take taxis for beach and local tours.  Normally we book sea based trips in these islands but thought a change might be nice.

Regarding Dubrovnik and Malta beaches research should have shown that these are quite virtually non existent in these places.  Croatia in particular has very few sandy beaches offering mainly narrow shingle beaches along its coastline.  Malta I recall as having a few man made smallish sandy beaches with Gozo offering the best ones.