Will You Cancel Cruise if Airlines are MASK FREE?

Why don't you setup a poll question and ask moderators to close out postings?  Otherwise, there is going to be debating and lecturing.

My vote is no I wouldn't cancel and same answer if Princess drops mask mandate for guests, or staff as well for thst matter.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

Without getting into a debate on the merits,

now that  TSA and airlines are not enforcing mask mandate ,  would you cancel your cruise?

Let's keep that as the question ,  without conjecture of what appeals court will do?

No, been waiting for the day the masks go away. Only wear a mask when forced to.

• Like 4

No. I wouldn't cancel a cruise if airlines are mask free. I am vaxed and boosted and will fly and cruise in May and am looking forward to it. I will have my mask available for any situation that looks risky (waiting with a crowd of coughing people).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

Without getting into a debate on the merits,

now that  TSA and airlines are not enforcing mask mandate ,  would you cancel your cruise?

Let's keep that as the question ,  without conjecture of what appeals court will do?

A better question would be:  Will I cancel my cruise if the cruise lines don't relax the covid protocols?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

I have a cruise in four days that I need to fly to and I have no plans to cancel.  I have another cruise in two months that I also do not plan to cancel.

I will still fly to my cruise at the end of May - but if still required to have a negative covid test to board I will still wear a mask for the entire journey!

Note: we are cruising with Virgin Voyages, you currently need a negative test within 48 hrs of boarding, we are flying to Miami at 6am 2 days prior to our cruise so will not be able to test before we leave. Boarding is at 2pm. They offer free tests at the port so I expect we will just test before we board, not sure if we want the hassle of testing in Miami.

I won't cancel because of that, but my doctor advised wearing a mask as much as possible during flights.

My outbound flight for a cruise next month is on Austrian, which may still be masked because of Austrian law, if Austria hasn't changed it. The return is on Lufthansa, which isn't requiring it.

If anything, I am more encouraged to think about flying to a vacation.  No cruising though until the testing and quarantine rules are dropped.  I also want to make sure that the mask mandates are really gone not have to mask up in the middle of a trip.

• Like 1

Long before Covid, I wore a mask during flights, especially during winter flu season.  Listeneing to  people coughing and hacking/sneezing, etc., I take comfort in knowing I"m protecting myself as best I can. Between that and using surface cleaning wipes, I feel relatively safe on a flight and if others don't wear a mask, it's OK with me. 

At least I can say I have never returned home from a trip claiming the A/C gave me the flu or contracted anything from a flight. 

Darcy

• Like 2

No. Airlines have very good air filters and "air replacement" policies these days. I also won't have an issue with anybody who is wearing a mask even though it is not required. Assuming we test negative we will be flying in less than two weeks. (Need to test negative for our cruise - not for the flight.)

I will continue to wear a mask in crowded situations simply because I have underlying chronic lung disease. I've worn masks at work for nearly 35 years, so it's not a big deal for me. We are going on our planned fall TA regardless of masking or not.  Not sure what the airline is doing yet, and won't even worry about it until August. Nothing I can do to change it, so why worry?

• Like 3

I would not cancel the flight.  I will continue to wear a mask on flights.  

Of course if experience shows massive outbreaks because of this new rule then I will reconsider.  

No.  I am fully vaccinated and boosted.  I also am cleanly and hygienic.  I will not cancel my cruise.

Even if I were worried, I would just spend most of the time in the more open/exterior areas (which is what I would do anyway).  

I was at an all-inclusive last year (returning this year before my cruise) and masking was not required.  Pretty much everything is outside, the rooms have huge sliding doors, etc.  I am not worried.