The Daily for Tuesday 04/19/2022

richwmn

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Zaandam is visible on the PEV webcam.

It’s a cool and sunny day, lots of rain last night.

I love a White Russian, the ship makes tasty ones.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.❤️🙏

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I haven't ridden a bicycle in years. I agree the humor that is found here helps relieve stress.

Love the quote. The meal sounds good.

It was 39 here when I got up, it has reached 40 and the high is 58. Thankful the sun is out.

@Cruzin Terri Terri, I'm happy to read your temperature is down. Hoping you can escape your cabin even for just a little while today.

@kazu Jacqui, I'm glad you got to the hospital yesterday and that they have a shield for you. I hope your meetings went well and did not add too much more stress.

@smitty34877 Terry, I hope this is a better week for you all. Enjoy getting a little pampered today.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, sending more prayers for you and DD's family this morning. May each of you feel the comfort and peace of our Heavenly Father's arms during this time of grief.

@grapau27 Graham, thank you for the description of P&O. We are looking at cruising Europe and the Mediterranean next year. We have looked at some cruises ending in South Hampton which started a conversation about trying a P&O cruise while there.

Have a great Tuesday and no matter the weather enjoy the day.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

41 minutes ago, leafsnation said:

We get on Noordam Sunday FLL to Vancouver!

Love the robin pic!

we had snow yesterday!

bob

Welcome to the Daily 🙂 

11 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

My niece did really well in the Boston Marathon yesterday. She came in at 4 hours, 3 minutes!   She struggled at the bottom of " Heartbreak Hill" but a bunch of her students were there waving signs and yelling for her. Guess she took off like a canon up the hill.  So very proud of her. 

Wow!  Good for her!  She certainly deserves your pride 👍 

• Like 24

12 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Zaandam is visible on the PEV webcam.

It’s a cool and sunny day, lots of rain last night.

I love a White Russian, the ship makes tasty ones.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.❤️🙏

Yes, Zaandam is at 19, I think.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

It is pizza night for us - regular crust though.

We get our second booster shots at 11 am today. 

Like everyone else (almost), our weather has been icky - cold, windy, and snowy. So to combat that, we booked another cruise! December 3-17 we'll be back on the Nieuw Statendam for a 14 day western/southern Caribbean cruise. Come join us!

1743652094_20220326_105550(2).thumb.jpg.81b5dab8bae4319a96993e586a80a5e7.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

I think I could figure out how to make a zucchini- or cauliflower-crusted pizza that was suitable for Passover, but I have no dairy dishes for Passover and I know that I would miss the cheese.

The weather report says that we had 7 inches of snow overnight, but I see only a dusting on the lawn and none on the street.

I plan to get the second booster around May 1, to be ready for a Greek islands cruise at the end of that month.

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 21

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

@StLouisCruisers Sandi,  I am sorry to hear about Gracie.  She seemed to be so precious.  She is now in heaven with all the other precious pets that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

Prayers for all on the cares list and Cheers for those celebrating and cruising.

Thank you very much Terri.  I hope you are well on your way to recovery, and enjoy your day in Cadiz.

15 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

@StLouisCruisers So sorry to hear about Gracie. She will join the our many pets that have gone before her.

My niece did really well in the Boston Marathon yesterday. She came in at 4 hours, 3 minutes!   She struggled at the bottom of " Heartbreak Hill" but a bunch of her students were there waving signs and yelling for her. Guess she took off like a canon up the hill.  So very proud of her. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

I hope Gracie is chasing birds and bunnies around on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Congrats to your very talented niece.  She did great!

13 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, sending more prayers for you and DD's family this morning. May each of you feel the comfort and peace of our Heavenly Father's arms during this time of grief.

Thank you for your comforting words Julia.  Very kind of you.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisersI was so sorry to hear of your DD's Gracie's crossing the rainbow bridge.  She truly was a very sweet fur baby.

@kazuI loved your memes today, and I like the picture with the new face mask.  I have seen more and more people wearing them in this area.

@dfish  Good luck with the surgeon.  I did get all the tests done, they saw nothing, now it's just a wait and see with an MRI again in 6 months.

@Cruzin TerriHappy to read that your temperature is back to normal, now maybe you can enjoy that cruise.  Don't over do it, though.

@cat shepard I'm sorry, I just could not place a "ha" by your memes today.  for the following reasons

1. I feel like that pony, and I am getting to look like that pony.

2. Jack Nicholson scares the poop out of me in this movie, and I (and KIng) hate this version.  In fact Steven King hated this film so much, he produced another version of the film which holds true to the book.  (i love the second film)

BUT I do love that cat with the ducks in the bath!!!

no stress meme

Yesterday, I was put under some stress.  Boss for AZ wanted 35 hours this week and next, HB wanted 10 or more, and you cant work more than 40, and I really only signed up for 25.  I email my original boss (the one I've had in this part time job for 7 years on and off) and ask for his advice.  He says, give all the hours to AZ, and let HB know you have to say goodbye.

I send the boss in California a separation notice, thanking him for giving me the opportunity to work for him the last 4 months,  and press send.  My work phone beeps, and it's a notice from the AZ saying she is sorry, but she miscalculated her hours, and she only needs us 15-20 hours over the next two weeks.  And then I am scrambling to get in touch with California to beg my PT job back for the next two weeks.  Luckily they are in the final stages of the campaign, they are down staff, and he wanted me back.  

I need to set boundaries on work.  It's a part time job, that pays less than a McDonalds employee but more than a Dollar Tree employee, and I do it to keep from getting bored, and to put a little extra money in the pocket so that I can cruise.  I don't need to get so upset about this job!  I tell myself....

ahhh, White Russians, if you drink enough of them you will believe you are Natasha, and Boris doesn't look that bad, neither do Moose and Squirrel,...another reason for me not to drink....

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 8

Good morning, all! Today has been no stress already. I must remember the zucchini crust pizza when zucchini season rolls around again. I think the recipe with the lowest carbs and calories per slice cheated - the slice photo is about a two bite piece! I love an unoaked Chardonnay, but to me the oakey ones taste like they were used to rinse ashtrays. I can’t tell which today’s wine is by the description.

So, yesterday I called HAL 3 minutes after their phone lines opened. I spent 45 minutes on hold with HAL only to be told they could not take my call. Calls later in the day went directly to that final message. This morning I called 2 minutes before the phone lines opened. I got the closed message, and hit redial immediately. I was on hold for 3 seconds at most. The agent that took my call was friendly and efficient and gave me the cabin change I wanted right away. We booked on a promotion of pay for an inside and get a restricted view. It was a guarantee, and when they assigned us a cabin over the weekend it was an unobstructed view D cabin on deck 1. That made a simple swap over for an unblocked D cabin on deck 4. It has a floor to ceiling window with nothing in front of it , which will be stunning for an Alaska cruise. Now to get through the next seven days until we board!

@StLouisCruisers my deepest condolences on the loss of Gracie. She looked like,such a sweet dog, and you must all be just heartbroken.

My thoughts are with all our Dailyite family who are dealing with loss or illness now, as well as the people of the Ukraine.

Happy Tuesday, and I’m off to the Port Everglades camera to see our BHB!

10B9F68F-B011-4E07-94C7-6072CB8B0F0B.thumb.jpeg.1689c0cb4e8a36e06ce9202d9b7637b8.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Drink of the Day:

White Russian:

Main alcohol: Vodka, Coffee liqueur
Ingredients: 1 2/3 oz (5 parts) Vodka, 1 oz (3 parts) Fresh cream, 2/3 oz (2 parts) Coffee liqueur
Preparation: Pour coffee liqueur and vodka into an Old Fashioned glass filled with ice. Float fresh cream on top and stir slowly.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 11.16.42 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a very windy day at the beach

I think we are all aware of stress and this thread  is certainly a stress reducer. So grateful we can express our concerns without fear.

Love pizza of any type.  I do ride a regular bike, not those ebike things. They are scary when they come whizzing down the sidewalk.

@StLouisCruisers So sorry to hear about Gracie. She will join the our many pets that have gone before her.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

+1

• Like 11

just a note

i just went outside, the wind is blowing in from the north, and it is very cold now in the atlanta area. 54 degrees and then add the wind.  the cold wind.

i called someone from Durango yesterday, no answer, but i thought that was interesting

@leafsnation  welcome to the Daily Family

• Like 21

6 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

just a note

i just went outside, the wind is blowing in from the north, and it is very cold now in the atlanta area. 54 degrees and then add the wind.  the cold wind.

i called someone from Durango yesterday, no answer, but i thought that was interesting

@leafsnation  welcome to the Daily Family

It's a very cold wind here in Georgia today.  I'm sitting here freezing, and DH wants to do some clipping on the shrubs.  Maybe a warmer day, eh?

• Like 16

1 minute ago, HAL4NOW said:

A lot of Dailyites have commented about snow again today. We have had snow fall at least ten days since spring began. Here is a picture out our kitchen window this morning:

image.jpeg.37762b1ec6ed8c7c6fd40b851d9e1470.jpeg

Brrr!  At least it's sunny and not snowing here.  I'll just add another layer.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dfish said:

Zucchini is 94% water, so the key to success with these pizza crusts is getting rid of as much of that water as you can.

This seems like a great way to use up the plethora of zucchini that arrives every summer.  

For many of my recipes, including zucchini bread, I shred the zucchini, then wrap it in a clean dish towel and twist the towel wringing out as much liquid as possible. I'm sure this is one of the keys to a good crust.  I think zucchini pairs well with all the ingredients on a pizza.  But should we really call this pizza?  IMO, pizza has a flat base of leavened wheat-based dough,  not cauliflower or zucchini.  It might be more popular if you called it something else.  Just like oat milk, it's not milk, it doesn't taste remotely like milk.    Call it what it really is, an oat based beverage.  (BTW, I use oat beverage in all my smoothies.)

How about zucchini pie?

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I have no dairy dishes for Passover and I know that I would miss the cheese.

I eat cheese but I often cook for my vegan friends.There are some extraordinary vegan cheeses available.  Here is the best sub for mozzarella, including a picture of the label to see if it is suitable for your Passover dinner.

image.png.b5cef94b3103cb9bd99ab48f46f04f30.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

15 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@marshhawkand @Horizon chaser 1957 thank you so much for your condolences.  I want to post a photo DD posted last night on her Instagram and Facebook pages.  Touched my heart.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbM4hytpOqtPvebWBkO5wyrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1650383754

So beautiful.  I have tears in my eyes.

Hugs to you and the family.❤️

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2