On Allure Now And I Got Covid So Now What?

37 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Do airlines no longer ask if you have tested positive/have symptoms in the last X number of days?

They, and other transportation methods, may ask that you declare you don't have an illness - but unlike embarkation on a cruise, there's no verification.

16 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks, I was trying to see the positive in it. Not sure what that was except hopefully not spreading it. Royal has taken the wind out of my sails tonight, but tomorrow will be a new day.

Same here. $30.00 a day adds up. Our cat lady has made out like a bandit since cruising restarted. 🐈‍⬛🐈🐈‍⬛

My cat sitter is my Grand daughter 🙂 She only gets $10 a day so we come out pretty good. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Sorry first day back, and I am so sorry to hear this.  

JC

JC

If you are cruising soon, better pack some food incase you are quarantined. Seems getting fed while in your cabin can be an issue.

• Haha 4

Just flew home last night from Newark off the Adventure.  Next cruise isn’t until December.  

We ordered room service as we had the key for a morning with a 7:30 tour in Falmouth, I put 6-6:30AM time on it.  They delivered it at 7:10AM.  

Reminded me why I never use room service.  

JC

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Omg! They did treat you like a prisoner. Sorry to hear this and I hope you fill out the survey. If they really want people to come forward they need to improve the circumstances.

So very true, Renee!  People will certainly hesitate about coming forward if things don't change (and quickly) with how those in quarantine are being treated and fed in a timely and professional manner.

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling much better.

I hope you will have a wonderful dinner this evening!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

So very true, Renee!  People will certainly hesitate about coming forward if things don't change (and quickly) with how those in quarantine are being treated and fed in a timely and professional manner.

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling much better.

I hope you will have a wonderful dinner this evening!

There's not a doubt in my mind they don't really want you reporting for testing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

Reading the comments here and a few other threads makes me realize that we did the right thing with canceling our trip next Saturday to Italy. We were going to be gone for almost three weeks with time spent in Italy before and after a cruise on the Edge. We worried about testing to board the ship and then testing to come home after the cruise and time in Rome. We have put this trip on hold for two years and waiting for one more year wont hurt.

We have decided to do cruises on the Navigator and Solstice. Both are out of L.A and close to home with no flying involved if we get sick. We’re actually enjoying the three and four night cruises on the NV. Have a number more scheduled to get us through the summer. 

The cruise lines need to step it up and do a better job with handling the cases on board. I feel like they started to run before they could walk. Slow it down. 

Friends of my husband’s were on a river cruise through Europe. After they disembarked in Spain, they had to test for the flight back to the states. She tested negative. He tested positive. 

They had to quarantine for two week in a hotel in Madrid. 

After two week, they retested . Now , she tested positive. Another two week in quarantine. 

They’re finally home after a month and over $12,000 in hotel, rebooked plane and quarantine fees. They had insurance. But insurance is fighting this. 

Edited by LadyBeBop
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ryalie was on one of alaskan sailings - I think Ovation out of Seattle.   I believe this was the 2nd cruise for this ship as it has been out of service since last fall.     Maybe they are waiting for new delivery of cups ??    I want to see what if you get wine in a soup cup😁

If you want it by the glass I heard it will be served in a used toilet paper roll, lined with a new sandwich bag.

Honestly, it would be better if they just brought it in the box.  Just as easy to burn later, when the room is vacated… along with the bedding. 😉😁

BDD0E0BD-2442-470C-9E66-492F7AE3326B.thumb.jpeg.37ccfdbdf894df97d2d65929edaee298.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

23 minutes ago, LadyBeBop said:

Friends of my husband’s were on a river cruise through Europe. After they disembarked in Spain, they had to test for the flight back to the states. She tested negative. He tested positive. 

After two week, they retested . Now , she tested positive. Another two week in quarantine. 

They’re finally home after a month and over $12,000 in hotel, rebooked plane and quarantine fees. They had insurance. But insurance is fighting this. 

That's awful.   

I thought quarantine was reduced to 7 days in Spain.   

Doesn't sound like the river cruiseline assisted.  I hope insurance reimburses them.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LadyBeBop said:

Wow !!

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's awful.   

Doesn't sound like the river cruiseline assisted.  I hope insurance reimburses them.

Now I'm really glad we are not going to Europe this summer !!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

What is the length of quarantine required now? What if you need to fly home? Is it hotel near the port and then a new commercial flight once you are cleared?

I have this question too for cruises in and out of Miami 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wow !!

As long as they require a negative test to travel this will happen. If testing is required in 2023 nothing will change. Covid is not going anywhere. . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

My cat sitter is my Grand daughter 🙂 She only gets $10 a day so we come out pretty good. 

My neighbor is my cat sitter and she never wants anything so I always bring her some goodies from wherever we are and load her up with fresh homegrown produce every summer.   Prior to her husband passing away she liked to escape to our house and watch TV and hang out with the cats.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

As long as they require a negative test to travel this will happen. If testing is required in 2023 nothing will change. Covid is not going anywhere. . 

Won't be going to Europe then. That's okay.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wow !!

Same here.  Glad I cancelled and took cash refund option for our Baltic August sailing.   I was bummed big time but definitely can wait to go there.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sirlancelot said:

I have this question too for cruises in and out of Miami 

Royal used to send people to specific quarantine hotels.   I believe now you book whatever hotel you want and get reimbursed up to $250 per day hotel.   Plus I think $100 pp per day towards meals.   

I believe in the US quarantine is 5 or 7 days then you fly home commercially.  Anytime spent in quarantine on the ships counts towards that number of days.   There is noone stopping anyway from just leaving on their own.

Or you can opt for no quarantine, rent a car and drive yourself home and they reimburse up to $150 day for car rental.

• Like 4

Wait, so if you test positive on the cruise and have to quarantine a few days in the port city before flying home Royal will reimburse the hotel? Is that even if you don't have insurance through Royal?

Also if you report cold symptoms and get COVID tested on the ship do they charge for that? How much? Does it matter if you test positive or negative?

Something that I know will shock some people is what my DIL who is a nurse just told us.  She and our oldest son just got back today from a trip to Charleston, SC and Myrtle Beach.  They both started with cold symptoms a day or two ago.  His were very, very mild.  Hers are a little bit more  than his but neither of them are really that sick.  They home tested and both are positive.  Anyway, the policy of INOVA, who she works for is health care workers,  is that if they test positive, but have no fever  they go to work.  She works in a Dr's office.   

Edited by BND
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Royal used to send people to specific quarantine hotels.   I believe now you book whatever hotel you want and get reimbursed up to $250 per day hotel.   Plus I think $100 pp per day towards meals.   

I believe in the US quarantine is 5 or 7 days then you fly home commercially.  Anytime spent in quarantine on the ships counts towards that number of days.   There is noone stopping anyway from just leaving on their own.

Or you can opt for no quarantine, rent a car and drive yourself home and they reimburse up to $150 day for car rental.

This is correct. Hotel up to $250 a night, and $100 a day per person for meals - we have to keep receipts and have an email address to send copies.

Guest Services have told me that CDC no longer require RC to be responsible for making sure guests quarantine - they just have to advise, and if the guest chooses to ignore that it's not RC's problem.

I am not actually clear on if the quarantine is a legal requirement or a guideline, but we were advised 5 days. 

At Seattle there actually WAS a process to stop covid guests leaving - they could only exit the port on a germobile. RC had to drop everyone at their hotel, car rental or airport. I know this because someone had arranged their own transfer from the port back to Vancouver and the staff were working out how to accommodate this. However once you're dropped at your hotel/other, yes nothing to stop you leaving. 

RC are rearranging our flights from today to Sunday, supposedly. I wondered why Sunday (as far as I am aware I am done with quarantine tomorrow, Saturday), but if it's 7 days before you should travel that might be why. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's awful.   

I heard this secondhand from my husband. At first he thought he said 7 days apiece. But he also said they were gone a month. Maybe that included the cruise. 

I think they tested at the airport to fly home. By that time, they had long disembarked. 

• Like 1