On Allure Now And I Got Covid So Now What?

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

What is the big deal about paper/plastic utensils/plates?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just don't get it. I care about my food not how I eat it.

It depends on what you're eating. I'm sure it's obvious the knife doesn't cut very well but I've had tines break off when using plastic forks while trying to eat just a salad. This happens a lot when I'm eating lunch at work.  It always makes me nervous if I can't find the broken pieces!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just don't get it. I care about my food not how I eat it.

So in the MDR, regular room service, and Specialty restaurants they can save all the fuss by setting the tables with paper plates and plastic cutlery?

I think the main point for me is why are they treating their customers who have the misfortune to test positive and let medical know like second class citizens? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I think the main point for me is why are they treating their customers who have the misfortune to test positive and let medical know like second class citizens? 

No argument there, I just don't equate being given disposable plates/cutlery with as being treated like a 2nd class citizen.

If everything service-wise was handled well (food delivery, health services, guest services, etc.) I personally wouldn't care about my forks and plates. No problem whatsoever with others disagreeing.

• Like 4

Safe travels Sue and Mike and thank you for your honest review. I did a self Covid test last night, so far negative and hopefully stays that way. Waiting to board my flight to Detroit and also planning on parking my butt on couch with my kitties soon! Take care!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Ever try to cut a steak (or piece of chicken) with a plastic knife on a paper plate?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 2:40 AM, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks I’m feeling much better today. Hope the sitter gets better soon. Glad you had friends that were able to step up. We used to have a good backup but she moved away. Enjoy your vacation.

Sorry to hear that Mike tested positive, but glad you’re doing better, and that you’re both safely home. 

We started our vacation yesterday, so I don’t think the cats missed us much when the sitters were there last night. Today will be a different story! 

Between our original cat sitters getting Covid, getting charges twice at check in on two different credit cards (only one of which I swiped in their machine, finally figured out they had the other one on file for me and the charge kicked in automatically- definitely not supposed to happen!) and the fire alarm in just our room going off at 7AM while we were sleeping, took an hour to get it fixed, then going off again at 9 AM, this vacation has been off to a rough start. No comparison at all to what you and Mike have been going through, but still not exactly relaxing.Hope we’ve gotten all the problems out of the way and we’ll be able to enjoy the rest of our trip.

• Like 3

Bummer that Mike tested positive.  He ALmost made it.  I know you’ll be glad to get home and see the fur babies.

Maybe I missed it…but what kind of room did you have before they made you move to the brig ?  Were you in a suite ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Of course it's not optimal but I'd survive.

Why should anyone have to "survive" on a vacation?  Vacations are supposed to be fun and relaxing or exciting and unless you sign up for a reality show not survival.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Why should anyone have to "survive" on a vacation?  Vacations are supposed to be fun and relaxing or exciting and unless you sign up for a reality show not survival.  

Lots of "shouldn'ts" occur in life. Handle them how you want/are able to.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Keksie said:

He said he'd survive using disposable plates and tableware.  And you translate that to surviving a vacation?

Wow.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks, so far it's mild. They got us from our cabins at 7:30 and we were home by 8:00. 

Yes Dallas. MIA 78's.

I think I got it, but it took me a while. I believe it's in a reference to if you aren't nice to your servers they will spit on your food. 🤢

Thanks I'm also glad they took care of it. We left from deck 2 with the other covid people. Right off the gangway they had a tent checking people off and putting them in the vehicles. It was well organized. Our driver was suited up in gloves, mask and a blue disposable surgical/hospital gown. He definitely knew he was dealing with covid. 

We were standing on our balcony this morning and saw 11 large black SUVs/vans pull in by the ship. It looked like a motorcade for the president.  When the drivers got out of their vehicles and started putting on gloves and blue cover gowns, I immediately knew why they were there.

Interestingly, our assistant waiter “ disappeared” after the third night, never to appear again during the cruise.  Our waiter said he had a family problem and was unable to work but the replacement assistant said he was not feeling well. 🤔

Sherri🙂

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Honestly, the same could be said about any vacation you take.  Land vacations have similar pitfalls.  Go to a Jamaican all inclusive, same problem as a cruise.  I don't believe there is any greater likelihood of getting the virus on a cruise ship than any week long land vacation.  That Renee happened to diagnose on day 2 of the cruise just seemed to make it seem worse since almost the entire cruise was quarantined.  That is highly unlikely to happen on a typical 7 day cruise.  Had royal continued testing b2br's  she wouldn't be in this situation. What's missing from this thread is the awesome time she and her husband had on the first three legs of this B4B.

I understand peoples hesitation to cruise when they read a thread like this but also realize that any vacation plan can be upended in the current environment.  I just love cruising so I am will to take that chance.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

CC is eating my posts again. 😠

For lunch today I ordered a small cobb salad with a roll and no butter. This is what I got. The salad looks smaller in the photo but it was huge. There was also more chicken breast under the lettuce. I guess armies eat cobb salad also. It's the right temperature and a salad so no problem. Also, plenty more utensils.

20220513_112320.thumb.jpg.e32d3ef73af8e875b8c7363bae5680a4.jpg

A box of chocolates? Now I know something is definitely up. They looked so tasty and were calling my name, but I decided to wait until tomorrow to share with Mike. I still had desserts in the frig from last night.

20220513_112028.thumb.jpg.5424a44a896c90bc3470e8e339cc0571.jpg

Fancy looking.

20220513_112103.thumb.jpg.c3c2c22da9a44567f23d4b904e5223fe.jpg

WoW!      You definitely broke the code and hopefully they have learned from this to care for those in quarantine better than they have been.     

She really hooked you up with some great food - shame it wasn't sooner.    The box of chocolates look yummy as do the deserts.    I guess you needed a doggy bag to take home leftovers this morning. 

She was really trying to win you over so you don't give her a bad review.   Happy to hear you feel much better.    Being home with the fur babies definitely helps🥰

So sorry that Mike tested positive and has to cancel his training for next week.     I hope his symptoms remain mild (if any at all).     Good thing they did have him masked up on the ship and eating in his cabin.    I am sure it was a very strange cruise for him too!

Glad to hear they drove you home.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Fancy looking.

20220513_112103.thumb.jpg.c3c2c22da9a44567f23d4b904e5223fe.jpg

somebody is definitely apologizing profusely for their unprofessional behavior.

ETA: oh, no, not Mike as well! I hope both of you feel better soon.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BND said:

Their shortage is that they can't have more than like one nurse out at a time without it really impacting them.  Now, she'll probably be handling phones (test results, talking to people with symptoms, etc), maybe telemed, but she will be in the office.

not for one of my friend's adult kids, who is a paramedic (ambulance). Not vaxxed, tested positive, was told to come to work anyway, because there is a staff shortage. And it wasn't to answer phones.

24 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

somebody is definitely apologizing profusely for their unprofessional behavior.

ETA: oh, no, not Mike as well! I hope both of you feel better soon.

I assumed the box of chocolates was a regifted “tip” from another passenger. 😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Interestingly, our assistant waiter “ disappeared” after the third night, never to appear again during the cruise.  Our waiter said he had a family problem and was unable to work but the replacement assistant said he was not feeling well. 🤔

Sherri🙂

It amazing isn't how hard it is to get straight forward truthful answer when asking a question isn't it. It's like the crew on board is taught how to react to a question like when you call up the agents at Royal Caribbean and can get 4 or 5 different answers to the same question.

Everything is top secret and we can't tell anything to anyone.

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you bedazzle a royal caribbean clutch?      

Thought I saw that a few pictures back.........Wondered what that was?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

was a joke was suppose to read aren't

👍

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry to hear about Mike. How is he feeling?

He is worse than me. He has some body aches, chills and chest congestion.

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Sorry to hear about you contracting Covid Renee.  I've been MIA, also on a cruise, though in Europe and did not have Internet, so late to the thread. 

On the topic of paper products  and plastic cutlery, I don't know why they haven't developed a proper kit for their quarantine guests. Proper plates, glasses, knives and forks with a cleaning kit for you to clean yourself . Similar to what quarantine hotels at airports had last year.  At least you would get to eat off proper equipment. 

Also definitely a kettle and big supply of coffee, tea etc so you can make a hot drink whenever.  A microwave would also be ideal to warm up food, but guess that may be a fire risk? They need to start thinking this through 

Hope you had a great cruise. I'm ready for my next one. 🙃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

I assumed the box of chocolates was a regifted “tip” from another passenger. 😆 

I had to say it but I had the same thought as I have never seen a box of those chocolates available onboard.        Even if re-gifted it is a nice gesture and boy do they look delicious!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

👍

He is worse than me. He has some body aches, chills and chest congestion.

Hope you had a great cruise. I'm ready for my next one. 🙃

Ah, sorry to hear Mike is feeling so crappy.   Hopefully it passes soon.     At least he has the comforts of being home and you can play room service lady with your leftovers😁

When is your next cruise?     Maybe you want to get a Cert. of Recovery from your doctor incase you still positive for the next cruise??

4 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

Safe travels Sue and Mike and thank you for your honest review. I did a self Covid test last night, so far negative and hopefully stays that way. Waiting to board my flight to Detroit and also planning on parking my butt on couch with my kitties soon! Take care!

Hope you stay negative and had a great cruise. Your kitties will be happy to see you as ours were.

Renee

4 hours ago, BND said:

Ever try to cut a steak (or piece of chicken) with a plastic knife on a paper plate?  

I hear you on that. My filet mignon last night I was able to cut it like butter. It was so, so good. No worries if I would have broken the knife. They made sure i had plenty more. 😄

3 hours ago, perfect match said:

Sorry to hear that Mike tested positive, but glad you’re doing better, and that you’re both safely home. 

We started our vacation yesterday, so I don’t think the cats missed us much when the sitters were there last night. Today will be a different story! 

Between our original cat sitters getting Covid, getting charges twice at check in on two different credit cards (only one of which I swiped in their machine, finally figured out they had the other one on file for me and the charge kicked in automatically- definitely not supposed to happen!) and the fire alarm in just our room going off at 7AM while we were sleeping, took an hour to get it fixed, then going off again at 9 AM, this vacation has been off to a rough start. No comparison at all to what you and Mike have been going through, but still not exactly relaxing.Hope we’ve gotten all the problems out of the way and we’ll be able to enjoy the rest of our trip.

Oh no! Hopefully everything will be behind you and the fun can start. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

huh ?  😲✋🏻

Personally I would prefer proper plates, glasses and cutlery and rise them myself if the alternative is using plastic knives and forks and paper plates.  My sons MIL was in quarantine in a Heathrow hotel last summer and it worked really well. Food arrived in take away containers and she had a cleaning kit in the room, cloths, washing up liquid etc to clean her crockery and cutlery. No big deal !!

In no way is being in a quarantine room on a ship a normal cruising experience, so why not 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2