The Daily for Wednesday 06/08/2022

richwmn

Hello Everyone and good evening from Ireland.

We are busy getting organised for our cruise next week.  Today was lawnmower, brushcutter and hedgetrimmer day (and that was only for DW's eyebrows! 🙄.  Sorry dear, yes, I am doing the ironing and then I will wash the dishes, ........... 🤣)

We actually went to the Isle of Man for our honeymoon/TT race week.  We stayed in the Douglas Bay Hotel and quite a few of the riders were staying there, including some of the factory team riders.  We have photos somewhere but obviously they are pre digital.  I remember the Sefton Hotel too.  There is a thing called 'Mad Sunday' when the ordinary bikers ride around the TT course (37+ miles to a lap) on the Sunday between practice week and race week.  Technically the road is still open although the police try to keep the flow going one direction.  Unfortunately, there are nearly always a few very bad crashes. 

Positive thoughts for all on the care list.

Thanks for the lists.

• Like 22

11 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

And yes, the coffee she is drinking was grown on the trees (bushes?) seen in the background!

Your photos were lovely as is your daughter.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

I have already talked to my BFF today. As cruisers, oceans are special!  A salute to Paine.

Not sure about the quote. I like the meal (the insides). Pass on the drink and the wine.

I haven't been to Isle of Man. Thanks for any pictures.

I'm late today. It's warm and sunny now, after a very foggy start this morning; possible late night storms. I had my Echo, followed by seeing the Cardiologist. The Echo was fine, but he made a few medication tweaks for BP and cholesterol. Barium swallow tomorrow, yuk.

@kazu I miss your posts and hope you are doing well.

@Cruzin Terri I'm sorry to hear you were feeling so bad. I hope the increased Prednisone helps a lot.

@Sharon in AZ Good to hear that Craig is out of quarantine. Sounds like he'll need to take it a bit easy for now. Exciting to see that rescue effort by the Oosterdam, I'm sure.

@richwmn I would keep this format, if that's doable.

@seagarsmoker Prayers for your Uncle Gary.

@SusieKIslandGirl Prayers for a successful hip surgery.

@Horizon chaser 1957 Thanks for the Taipei pictures.

Prayers for the Care List and a toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon everyone.  Thank you Rich for the Daily.  i am one who votes t leave it just the way it is.  I, for one, would be quite upset to see it change.

Roy, thank you for the cares list and for including me.  

I appreciate all the kind words and prayers.  I have had a few more interactions with my medical team.  Together we have decided that I need to increase the dosage of Prednisone for at least two weeks. While no one can be sure, the doc is feeling that the flare up may have been a result of my recent COVID infection.  While some things have improved, others have not.  I have gotten my appetite back somewhat, sleep a bit better, but the painful shoulders, arms and hips due to the autoimmune disorder has not subsided.  Nor has the fatigue.

So as far as the weaning myself off the prednisone goes, it will take a little bit long and require more patience on my part.

It is amazing that the increased dosage due seem to kick in pretty quickly and seem to help with the pain.

Enough!

@seagarsmokerPrayers for your Uncle Gary.  I hope the surgery goes well.

@Sharon in AZGlad that Craig has been sprung from quarantine.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise. I hope his fatigue subsides quickly.

@SusieKIslandGirlPrayers for a successful hip surgery and speedy recovery.

Great group of days.  My best, best friend, of course is my DH.  No question about that.  Then I have had a few best girlfriends.  My oldest friend from when we were 3 years old (my first friend, Mary Ann, lives on the other side of the country in Montana). However we are still in touch and will be friends forever.  My other best girlfriends sadly are no longer with us and it makes me sad.  I lost one  just a few days before my DBIL passed away last year, and another a few years ago.  

The Oceans need to be protected.

I don’t remember much about Thomas’s Paine except that he wrote the pamphlet, Common Sense.

I find the quote interesting, and maybe it is because on the plane returning from Rome, I watched The Notebook based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks.  It is a very touching movie.  I have also read the book.

Although of Italian heritage, Calzones are a bit too heavy for me.  

I have never been to the destination.

Prayers to all on the Cares List and Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Stay safe everyone.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I have already talked to my BFF today. As cruisers, oceans are special!  A salute to Paine.

Not sure about the quote. I like the meal (the insides). Pass on the drink and the wine.

I'm late today. It's warm and sunny now, after a very foggy start this morning; possible late night storms. I had my Echo, followed by seeing the Cardiologist. The Echo was fine, but he made a few medication tweaks for BP and cholesterol. Barium swallow tomorrow, yuk.

@Cruzin Terri I'm sorry to hear you were feeling so bad. I hope the increased Prednisone helps a lot.

@Sharon in AZ Good to hear that Craig is out of quarantine. Sounds like he'll need to take it a bit easy for now. Exciting to see that rescue effort by the Oosterdam, I'm sure.

Stay safe everyone.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow with the barium swallow.

Graham.

• Like 8

I also want to wish @SusieKIslandGirla successful surgery and speedy recovery.   Hip replacements can be done with spinals and twilight sleep anesthesia.  That helps with a quick recovery.  General anesthetics are harder to shake off, although the newer ones are much better.  I had general last week and came home two hours after surgery.  

@JazzyV I hope you have an easier time with your barium swallow.   Wishing for good results only!  

I hope everyone had a great day today!   It was cool, but sunny here and I like it that way!  

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon everyone.  Thank you Rich for the Daily.  i am one who votes t leave it just the way it is.  I, for one, would be quite upset to see it change.

Roy, thank you for the cares list and for including me.  

I appreciate all the kind words and prayers.  I have had a few more interactions with my medical team.  Together we have decided that I need to increase the dosage of Prednisone for at least two weeks. While no one can be sure, the doc is feeling that the flare up may have been a result of my recent COVID infection.  While some things have improved, others have not.  I have gotten my appetite back somewhat, sleep a bit better, but the painful shoulders, arms and hips due to the autoimmune disorder has not subsided.  Nor has the fatigue.

So as far as the weaning myself off the prednisone goes, it will take a little bit long and require more patience on my part.

It is amazing that the increased dosage due seem to kick in pretty quickly and seem to help with the pain.

Enough!

@seagarsmokerPrayers for your Uncle Gary.  I hope the surgery goes well.

@Sharon in AZGlad that Craig has been sprung from quarantine.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise. I hope his fatigue subsides quickly.

@SusieKIslandGirlPrayers for a successful hip surgery and speedy recovery.

Great group of days.  My best, best friend, of course is my DH.  No question about that.  Then I have had a few best girlfriends.  My oldest friend from when we were 3 years old (my first friend, Mary Ann, lives on the other side of the country in Montana). However we are still in touch and will be friends forever.  My other best girlfriends sadly are no longer with us and it makes me sad.  I lost one  just a few days before my DBIL passed away last year, and another a few years ago.  

The Oceans need to be protected.

I don’t remember much about Thomas’s Paine except that he wrote the pamphlet, Common Sense.

I find the quote interesting, and maybe it is because on the plane returning from Rome, I watched The Notebook based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks.  It is a very touching movie.  I have also read the book.

Although of Italian heritage, Calzones are a bit too heavy for me.  

I have never been to the destination.

Prayers to all on the Cares List and Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Stay safe everyone.

God Bless,

Terri

🙏🙏🙏

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Thanks everyone for the healing good wishes. At the hospital by 5:45 am and home by 4 which included a ferry ride. Surprised at how easy it’s been so far. Reminding myself to take it easy!

Wow!  They kept me for three days when I had my hip repair and overnight for both knee replacements.  Do take it easy.  You still have the good drugs in your system.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to  Rich @richwmn for this Daily, to Roy, @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists, and the sunrise photo; and thanks for the food and drink recipes.

Dinner this evening,  will be Pork Chops on Scalloped Potatoes which was the meal of the day a few weeks ago.

@Sharon in AZgreat to hear that your DH is out of quarantine.

@SusieKIslandGirl thanks for letting us know that you are home after surgery, best wishes to you for your recovery.

@seagarsmokerbest wishes to your uncle Gary for his recovery after the triple bypass operation.

Best wishes to all those on the care list.

Stay safe, take care everyone. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Stay safe everyone.

Vanessa, glad the echo was fine and the doctor only adjusted you medicine.  Hope the barium swallow is not too terrible.

2 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Thanks everyone for the healing good wishes. At the hospital by 5:4y5 am and home by 4 which included a ferry ride. Surprised at how easy it’s been so far. Reminding myself to take it easy!

Glad you are home, but was surprised they didn't keep you overnight.  Please don't overdo, abd give yourself time to heal.

Lenda

• Like 9

12 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Thanks everyone for the healing good wishes. At the hospital by 5:45 am and home by 4 which included a ferry ride. Surprised at how easy it’s been so far. Reminding myself to take it easy!

Wow! Be extra careful. Hope someone is around to pamper you a bit. 

• Like 3