Carnival Stock Below $10

Lee Cruiser

51 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

What?  You really think that most people retiring in the next 10-15 years have no retirement???  Is this the Boomers?  That is scary.  I don't know enough people in that age bracket to comment.  I am a millenial, my husband is a Gen Xer and my parents are in the Silent Generation.  They retired 10-15 years ago...as did my in-laws.

Yep, some pretty bleak statistics for many Boomers. I'm a millennial myself. Start early and your gold. Unfortunately some folks dont or cant start saving until their already in their 50's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

What?  You really think that most people retiring in the next 10-15 years have no retirement???  Is this the Boomers?  That is scary.  I don't know enough people in that age bracket to comment.  I am a millenial, my husband is a Gen Xer and my parents are in the Silent Generation.  They retired 10-15 years ago...as did my in-laws.

You are going to be shocked at how many people have literally no savings for retirement. At one point, I was "above average" in my age range. They said I was in the Top 5% and I felt I was only 20% of where I needed to be. Some odd 70% had less than $10k. This is the 50s age group. It is going to be a strange country when so many people only have SS to retire on, there is extremely limited cash, and they are physically not able to work. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Last I read, Carnival cruises were cash flow positive. 

I said CCL was not cash flow positive.  From their quarterly financial statements (I haven't seen quarter ending 5/31/22 yet) here are the cash flows...

TTM            2/28/22     11/30/21      8/31/21

-8,381,000    -3,942,000    -855,000    -1,842,000

The way I read that is their cash flow was almost NEGATIVE $4 BILLION.  In a single quarter! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

CUK got down to like about $8.50.  Not sure why CUK is less than Carnival.  CCL is at 9.50.  Anyone know why CUK is lower than CCL?

CUK is traded on the London exchange and I believe the price is in Pounds instead of Dollars. Also, there are a lot less shares traded there so that may account for a bit of price spread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I said CCL was not cash flow positive.  From their quarterly financial statements (I haven't seen quarter ending 5/31/22 yet) here are the cash flows...

The way I read that is their cash flow was almost NEGATIVE $4 BILLION.  In a single quarter! 

I neglected to add that the numbers are "in thousands" which is what makes the figure that looks like -$3.942 million actually -$3.942 billion.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

That's for the corporation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bhawks9 said:

Remind me please, if you have 100 CCL shares how much is the OBC per sailing?

Thanks 

It's not by the number of shares it's by the length of the cruise. 50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mz-s said:

It's not by the number of shares it's by the length of the cruise. 50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

Carnival Corporation & plc is pleased to extend the following benefit to our shareholders:
NORTH AMERICA
BRANDS CONTINENTAL
EUROPE BRANDS UNITED KINGDOM
BRANDS AUSTRALIA
BRANDS
Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer US $250 €200 £150 A$250
Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days US $100 € 75 £ 60 A$100
Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less US $ 50 € 40 £ 30 A$ 50

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

• Like 1

Carnival continues to trade in single digits and today CCL announced they are moving the 13 year old Costa Luminesa to Carnival. We already know the rumor mills are flying about selling off Seabourn to the Saudi Sovereignty. Maybe sell off Costa? Who knows, but this move is odd to me. The Carnival Luminesa will have a Polar Ice Cert, so that is worth something. But still very odd.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/27685-costa-luminosa-to-transfer-to-carnival-cruise-line.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

That's for the corporation.

Right - I said "CCL" is cashflow negative.  You responded by saying something about "carnival cruises".  As the thread started about Carnival stock, it was poignant to talk about CCL.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Will or does? Very interesting.

how embarrassing. I hate it when I screw up. There were two ship movements today. Costa to carnival (does NOT have polar cert) and rcl purchased a crystal ship (which does have a polar cert) to add to Silverstein cruises. Sorry for the misinformation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bhawks9 said:

Remind me please, if you have 100 CCL shares how much is the OBC per sailing?

Thanks 

It's $100 OBC.  I just got gifted 100 shares from my parents since we're cruising more and the stock was low ... at the time ($17).  I'm sure my dad is kicking himself right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2022 at 2:34 PM, silversneakers said:

I think people are re-thinking their cruise travel plans.

Not unless i die and even then i will probably try and find a work around like a funeral at sea.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Just an F.Y.I. and my own personal experience. 

I have not received the Stock Option OBC $100.00 for a 7 days cruise, for my past 3 cruises due to the deeply discounted rate.  In the past, I was still given the OBC, not any longer.

Cheers!!

PG

Edited by PittsburghGirlee

8 minutes ago, PittsburghGirlee said:

Just an F.Y.I. and my own personal experience. 

I have not received the Stock Option OBC $100.00 for a 7 days cruise, for my past 3 cruises due to the deeply discounted rate.  In the past, I was still given the OBC, not any longer.

Cheers!!

PG

I wonder how much they're saving by closing the spigot here and there. Perhaps those who deny people get a kickback, you know - like insurance companies... YIKES

Tom

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Right - I said "CCL" is cashflow negative.  You responded by saying something about "carnival cruises".  As the thread started about Carnival stock, it was poignant to talk about CCL.

Right.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I think you meant pertinent, not poignant, but otherwise spot on. There is not a separate stock for each line within the Carnival Corporation. They are all within the same corporate structure, CCL.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I think you meant pertinent, not poignant, but otherwise spot on. There is not a separate stock for each line within the Carnival Corporation. They are all within the same corporate structure, CCL.

Correct.  Pertinent would have worked there too, but as a shareholder of 4,000 shares who only bought 1,200 of them below the current price, seeing the recent financial statements evokes a deep sense of sadness and regret.   😉

Rate hike came out today.  Read it was the biggest since 94.  I thought the market would go down afterwards, but I was wrong.  It went up.  I guess the big fall a couple of days ago accounted for the hike.  The feds says to anticipate another one. 

I am far from a financial expert, but it seems to me that the rate hikes aren't going to have a huge impact on inflation when one of the main causes of inflation are supply issues for things people need (formula, tampons, gas, etc.) rather than an increase in demand for things they want.  For example, I heard another report that claimed there was a tampon shortage due to increased demand. Ummm....pretty flipping sure there isn't a dramatic increase in demand overnight for tampons.  A bunch of women didn't get together and decide to start a new trend of having a period. This is clearly a supply issue (like formula) or either that the materials/components are being used to make other products that have seen an increase in demand.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3