Coco Cay? Is anything Free to do there?

Hello,

We are booked on Harmony in Aug and its our 1st cruise since Covid and we have never been to the NEW Coco Cay and only to the original.

Is there anything Free to do there now such as beach, pool etc? I was looking at the prices for things to do and they seem outrageous in my opinion so if nothing is free than I doubt we will even get off there. DO they still have shops to buy things?

Thanks

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Luv2Cruiise said:

Hello,

We are booked on Harmony in Aug and its our 1st cruise since Covid and we have never been to the NEW Coco Cay and only to the original.

Is there anything Free to do there now such as beach, pool etc? I was looking at the prices for things to do and they seem outrageous in my opinion so if nothing is free than I doubt we will even get off there. DO they still have shops to buy things?

Thanks

You can have a lot of fun without spending money.  The last two times we did the slides but before had a great time at the beach.   They have a great buffet that is free too.  We have taken inflatable noodles to float around by the beach.  If you enjoyed the original, you can enjoy the new without spending money.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Beach, pool, loungers, umbrellas, Snack Shack, buffet.

Yes, still have shops.

Royal did a nice job with the expansion.

Can I ask where the free pool is located when getting into park? Thanks

Yes, there are people at the end of the dock you can ask and there is also a map. The map is on the website too if you want to check. 

All beaches except beach club and all pools except the water park are free. Beach chairs and umbrellas are free. Lunch and snacks are free. It's a very nice beach day if you don't want to spend any money, but they advertise the cabanas and day beds that cost extra alot. No need for those though. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Luv2Cruiise said:

You walk straight ahead from the dock and you'll hit pool water. Then Ocean water. 

All of the beach areas, loungers, umbrellas are free. There are multiple free buffets available. 

Personally, we go and park on the Chill Island beach, strategically positioned near the bar and buffet. It is also a 2-3 minute walk over to the pool if you want. 

211A0113-7604-4EA9-9408-22A9941C04D6.jpeg

image.thumb.png.ea7b708d5b49b671466ceb86e423c7ae.png

image.thumb.png.749809a24a3ba2c60243907cfe2e271c.png

45F91FCC-2481-41EC-B35A-B1AA9008946B.jpeg

F747024E-94A6-4F09-8079-3EADD5C71FB5.jpeg

8E4E2660-383C-45CD-AD3A-A037057003B7.jpeg

2947A41A-FF60-4FD9-8FE0-2F6C1C2D0A14.thumb.jpeg.3ff6941a3d421cf3edd3d8ff2f9ded65.jpeg

830B30E9-585B-4CDB-9640-B367448EF29A.jpeg

A6A96BF9-9506-4EF9-AB18-E7080A23D26A.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

You will receive a lovely, full color, glossy brochure in your cabin before your day at CocoCay.

They've actually changed to handing them out on the pier / at the tram station now.  

I think a lot of people were just throwing them away, because if you've been there before (or ever looked at one of these many Coco Cay threads), you just don't need it.  So they've gone away from delivering them to every room and just handing them out to people who want/need them.

• Thanks 1

Birds Travel covered it. If you want a nice beach to swim or snorkel with plenty of chairs or a incredible pool to swim it is all free. The Water Park cost money. We had a great day there and did not spend any money. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

They've actually changed to handing them out on the pier / at the tram station now.  

I think a lot of people were just throwing them away, because if you've been there before (or ever looked at one of these many Coco Cay threads), you just don't need it.  So they've gone away from delivering them to every room and just handing them out to people who want/need them.

This.  They were only giving them out at the end of the pier where the paths split for our Nov/Dec b2b (CC on both) and in April.  

6 hours ago, Luv2Cruiise said:

There is really only 1 pool, it is free. 

You might be thinking of thrill waterpark, it is an extra costs and includes a wave machine area. 

1 hour ago, BekkaW said:

There is really only 1 pool, it is free. 

You might be thinking of thrill waterpark, it is an extra costs and includes a wave machine area. 

The ~$249 Coco Beach Club has a separate infinity pool, doesn’t it? But the huge Oasis pool is free.

3 minutes ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

The ~$249 Coco Beach Club has a separate infinity pool, doesn’t it? But the huge Oasis pool is free.

Yes, a great pool in the Beach Club.  And during sales, you used to be able to get the passes for under $100.

Of course, the free pool is very nice too.  

8 hours ago, Luv2Cruiise said:

Hello,

Thanks

Nothing old changed, but they added new items, such as a water park.  Everything that was free, is still free.  The old Coco Cay was a beach, with some pay water activities.  It was pretty much not much of a stop, just a beach.  I was there in the middle of Covid....but not really, since Covid is expected to last a decade.....but it's irrelevant to mention Covid, because the question had to do what can you do in Coco Cay

Now, umbrellas are complementary and are at every set of chairs. We used to rent one, so that is a new benefit for us.  They also have a small table at every set of chairs. 

If you are traveling with a younger  child, there is a terrific COMPLIMENTARY water park (#7 on the map) , complete with several slides, dump tower etc. 

We like the new complimentary  food options. 

enjoy

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Yes, a great pool in the Beach Club.  And during sales, you used to be able to get the passes for under $100.

Of course, the free pool is very nice too.  

Beach club is in the $250 PER PERSON range for most all of our upcoming cruises.   $500   - Hard pass.

M

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mickeygirl78 said:

Make sure to try the snack shack, it’s included and has great food.

But be aware that since a lot of the staffing comes from the ships docked there for the day, they close it down a few hours before departure time.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Beach club is in the $250 PER PERSON range for most all of our upcoming cruises.   $500   - Hard pass.

M

Ridiculous, isn't it?  No way would I pay that. 

Anyone not going before 7/4, who would like to do the Beach Club, I suggest waiting for that sale to see if they offer 50% off.  Used to, but who knows these days.

• Like 1

Love Cococay without spending a dime! Part of the reason we're doing a 3 and 4-night B2B is to go there twice in a week.

Snack Shack chicken sandwiches, mozzarella sticks, and funnel cakes are amazing!

Common menu hack is to put the mozz sticks and marinara on top of the chicken to create a chicken parm sandwich.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Ridiculous, isn't it?  No way would I pay that. 

Anyone not going before 7/4, who would like to do the Beach Club, I suggest waiting for that sale to see if they offer 50% off.  Used to, but who knows these days.

We went once  and frankly I wouldn't pay much to be there.  Couldn't eat when we wanted because of  limited  reservations ( our error).    Early spring,  pool was cold so never used ( again not the cruiseline fault).  Meal was OK.  Didn't  bother with much  of the Bento Boxes as most of those items are found on board.   Fish was delicious and the best part of the meal. Oh, that special Cuvee cocktail  was nice.

All in all, I'm glad we  went once. I'm amazed by those who are paying  $250 for the Beach Club or   renting an OTW cabana for  $3400.  If they are happy,  terrific!

M

• Like 2

I will say the OTW cabana experience was absolutely amazing when my in-laws treated the family for their 50th anniversary cruise a couple weeks ago.

Not going to bother discussing the cost, though they did get a very good price a year out. Finances are always relative. To each his own.

• Like 1