Diamond/Diamond Plus Question

1 minute ago, island lady said:

It used to be, years ago....but no longer.   

For we "early risers" it's frustrating when the don't turn it on until almost 8 am.  Sometimes get lucky and is ready by 7 am...but not on all ships.  

Yes, those were the days.  But did have to do my own supply stocking / maintenance (cups, fill coffee, empty grinds, etc.) at times.  😄

And yes, they often open later and close earlier than the posted times.  😞

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Depends on the ship.  I know some close during the night.  Plus the coffee machine will run out of milk, beans, etc. and be unusable until serviced.  

I just do restocking / filling / maintenance on my own.  But occasionally they lock up the supplies / milk.

19 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I just do restocking / filling / maintenance on my own.  But occasionally they lock up the supplies / milk.

Yes, they do.  I too am a maintenance expert on the machines, unpaid, and unappreciated.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Carlington 😉

35 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Had him on Grandeur.  I originally thought his name was Carlton, so I called him "Carlton the Doorman"  😄

Does he still work for Royal?

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:
15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

He was Diamond Lounge Concierge on the Ovation in May, and stated he would be on there through the Alaska season.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Carlington Berry is definitely still with Royal. We first met him when he was the Suite’s concierge on Grandeur. He is from Jamaica and a super nice guy. Lucky man cruising to Alaska on Ovation. Hope there is someone good on Grandeur when we get there in December (or for that matter on Explorer in August)

Edited by AlohaLivin

This thread has become a "Diamond" catch all, so I've got another question. I'm new to Diamond and only because of my status on Celebrity. So, I'm not as familiar with the rules here. 

Are we allowed to bring in a guest to the diamond lounge? Also, my SO is also diamond but doesn't drink, how "legal" is it to use his 4 drink coupons? 😄 I assume he's allowed to do whatever he wants with those 4 coupons and the drinks! It's not like a drink package that you pay for...

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, dugknight said:

This thread has become a "Diamond" catch all, so I've got another question. I'm new to Diamond and only because of my status on Celebrity. So, I'm not as familiar with the rules here. 

Are we allowed to bring in a guest to the diamond lounge? Also, my SO is also diamond but doesn't drink, how "legal" is it to use his 4 drink coupons? 😄 I assume he's allowed to do whatever he wants with those 4 coupons and the drinks! It's not like a drink package that you pay for...

Thanks!

No, you cannot bring guests into the DL.   Yes, your SO can order and give you his 4 drinks.    I want to know how to find an SO that will do that!!!    lolol.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, carbon said:

Is the coffee machine available in the diamond lounge all hours?

Available, yes, functioning, unlikely - most are turned off overnight or out of supplies till someone refills it the morning.

37 minutes ago, 3yorkies said:

No, you cannot bring guests into the DL.   Yes, your SO can order and give you his 4 drinks.    I want to know how to find an SO that will do that!!!    lolol.  

Nice, thanks! With 8 drinks/day, I can save $500 on drink package. 😄 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I've seen them remove parts😉

And some machines require a code to turn on

• Like 1

22 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yes, they do.  I too am a maintenance expert on the machines, unpaid, and unappreciated.  🤣

I was appreciated, by the frustrated pax who could not get their coffee and even by the attendant that showed up later.  😄 😄