The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday July 1st, 2022

richwmn

Canada Day

Today is Zip Code Day, American Zoo Day, and National Financial Freedom Day

Oh, I wouldn't mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.--John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Meal Suggestion for today - Gravlax
Drink of the Day - Sauza Razzmatazz Margarita
Wine of the Day - Crios Malbec, Argentina JS90
Destination of the Day - Sarande, Albania

Eurodam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada 20:00 - 23:59

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 07/02

Nieuw Amsterdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 11:00 - 19:00

Nieuw Statendam

Djupivogur, Iceland 12:00 - 18:00

Noordam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

Kusadasi, Ephesus, Turkey 07:00 - 19:00

Rotterdam

Trondheim, Norway 08:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 07:00 - 13:00

Zaandam

Quebec City, Canada 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Tracy Arm & Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 22:00

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0701Alaska.thumb.png.39ea74e25878e8d95d45081f091a8f73.png

0701Atlantic.thumb.png.2d11e53a63decf6cbfa5e1dd0708a8be.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 12

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida 

Happy Canada Day to my Canadian friends.

It was always fun going to the Zoo while growing up in Chicago, we had 2 great ones with Lincoln Park and Brookfield Zoos. 

Off to the golf course in a few minutes.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit Rabbit  White Rabbit

Thanks for the Reports.

Happy Canada Day (I remember when it was called Dominion Day)

Zip codes are important for mail delivery.  Zoos can be wonderful to visit.   Financial Freedom is a dream for many.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds great, so does the drink and the wine.

I haven't been to today's port, thanks in advance for pictures.

Prayers for those that need them.  Cheers for all the celebrations this holiday weekend.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 31

Good afternoon.

It is currently raining and 60°F in North East England.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich.

Happy Canada Day.

We use post codes in the UK instead of Zip codes.

It is nice to have financial freedom but it pays to keep an eye on your investments as things in the world can quickly change.

We have been to Disney's Animal Kingdom but no American Zoo.

The quote was probably okay for John Green.

I will give the food and drink a miss today.

Never been to Albania much preferring Croatia and Montenegro further North in the Adriatic area.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Best wishes to Roy @rafinmd for your cruise today and anyone else currently sailing.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham 

• Like 31

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit!

Good morning friends!  I was up early with my knee pain and time zone changes.  We had a nice rain last night and possibly more later this afternoon.  I have an appointment at the hair salon this morning and am looking forward to a shorter cut as my hair has gotten way too long the past month or two.  

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian friends!  Zip codes are supposed to move our mail faster but I wonder about that sometimes.  Love to see a zoo!  And financial freedom sure sounds like a good thing, doesn't it?

I haven't been to Sarande, Albania in the past.  I've been working on updating the Daily cruise port of the day spreadsheet but have a long way to go.  No hurry!

I finished all the unpacking, storing of luggage, and washed every bit of clothing I dumped in the laundry room.  I have some ironing to do this weekend though.  

DD and her teacher friend Missy plan on going on a Caribbean cruise tomorrow from FLL.  I just hope their 5 am flight isn't cancelled tomorrow.  I certainly wouldn't have recommended they fly in the day of a cruise, especially in this day and age, but that's what they did.  Too late for my opinion to count.  So let's pray they make it there tomorrow!  

In addition to that, special prayers for our Daily friends and families, the people of Ukraine and all who support them.  Cheers for all who are celebrating, and heading to their cruises.  Thanks to Rich and Roy for posting our Daily and Care and Celebration lists.  Enjoy this holiday weekend!

• Like 32

Good morning! Trying to be and think positive before our hopeful flight to Seattle tomorrow morning! Though I have stopped looking the infamous key is still winning the game of hide and seek!

Packing is done other then last minute toiletries and not taking much as the beach house has a washer and dryer.

Investment Freedom Day? Does freedom mean free of $$$ when our investment portfolios  are dropping 2% a day?😱

Who would have thought that Carnival CCL stock would get down to $8.00 a share. A gamble but maybe a good time to buy if your going to cruise a lot. 

This week went by in a flash as it feels I was at church yesterday.

Rich thanks for the Fleet Report. Roy enjoy your cruise on have tux will travel Line 

Be Healthy everyone.

Happy Canada Day!

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 33

Good morning.

Happy Canada Day to our Canadian friends.  Enjoy your day.

Thank you Rich for the Daily and to Roy in advance for the Cares and Celebration list.

The Collection of Days is good.

Zip Codes to move the mail efficiently.  Well, these days I am not sure how efficient the mail moves any more.  

American Zoo Day.  Well growing up, I lived in New York and it was always a treat when my Mom would take me to either the Central Park Zoo, or better yet, the Bronx Zoo.  A special day.

Financial Freedom—Wouldn’t we all love that.

Meal sounds good.  I’ll never refuse a Margarita and Malbec is a favorite of mine.  Waiting to see the recipes.  

@StLouisCruisersHope you are doing better today.   Take it easy.  i admire you for getting all the laundry done so quickly.  It took me a while.

Today we can expect more rain—as a matter of fact, the whole weekend looks that way.  Bummer.

@rafinmdRoy, enjoy your cruise.  Hope it is wonderful.  Hoping to follow along on your blog.

Take care everyone.  Happy Friday.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit!

Good morning friends!  I was up early with my knee pain and time zone changes.  We had a nice rain last night and possibly more later this afternoon.  I have an appointment at the hair salon this morning and am looking forward to a shorter cut as my hair has gotten way too long the past month or two.  

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian friends!  Zip codes are supposed to move our mail faster but I wonder about that sometimes.  Love to see a zoo!  And financial freedom sure sounds like a good thing, doesn't it?

I haven't been to Sarande, Albania in the past.  I've been working on updating the Daily cruise port of the day spreadsheet but have a long way to go.  No hurry!

I finished all the unpacking, storing of luggage, and washed every bit of clothing I dumped in the laundry room.  I have some ironing to do this weekend though.  

DD and her teacher friend Missy plan on going on a Caribbean cruise tomorrow from FLL.  I just hope their 5 am flight isn't cancelled tomorrow.  I certainly wouldn't have recommended they fly in the day of a cruise, especially in this day and age, but that's what they did.  Too late for my opinion to count.  So let's pray they make it there tomorrow!  

In addition to that, special prayers for our Daily friends and families, the people of Ukraine and all who support them.  Cheers for all who are celebrating, and heading to their cruises.  Thanks to Rich and Roy for posting our Daily and Care and Celebration lists.  Enjoy this holiday weekend!

Welcome back!!! 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Happy Canada Day 🇨🇦 to my neighbors to the North! Another lovely morning. Lots of deer out foraging. This year’s fawns spots are fading fast. 

Thank you for taking care of us Roy! Glad you made it to NYC safely. Bon voyage today!  Morning Dailyites. Heading out with some neighbors this morning to line our cul de sac with flags for the 4th. Then off to the gym. 

78A2D070-37FA-4428-8EC4-7A49DCE149C9.jpeg.16e9dc43a244df46d9f8a3cc5f3f0990.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Crios Malbec

I used the info from the 2020 vintage of this Malbec, because it might be the easiest to find. But all released vintages share the same excellent ratings and reasonable prices. Readily available with prices starting at $10.99.

Winemaker Notes

A fresh, pure expression of the variety, this Malbec displays aromas of violets, cherries and spices. Fruity, with balanced acidity on the palate, notes of ripe red fruits and a subtle hint of oak. Pairs well with Grilled red meats, pasta with red sauce, hard cheeses, empanadas, chocolate desserts or dulce de leche.
JS92 James Suckling
Brightness and energy to this, with sliced cherry, tar, berry and some asphalt. Medium body with light tannins and a fruity finish. Delicious.
RP90 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The juicy 2020 Crios Malbec was produced with grapes from different locations in the Valle de Uco in Mendoza that, in a warm and dry year, shows ripe aromas and a soft texture with integrated acidity and a tender mouthfeel. Forty percent of the wine matured in barrel for eight months, and that gave it an extra degree of complexity.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit.  

Good morning, everyone.

Happy Canada Day to our Canadian Daily family members.   This calls for raising a glass or two!

Well, I am the only person in my group that did not receive the email about the testing requirement being dropped for our cruise in two weeks.  I guess I am the only guest who is required to produce a negative test.  Bummer!  I did get the email about the last minute port changes, so I guess I have to redo all the excursions I booked for us.  I just hope the independent ones will be willing to refund/reschedule.  No rest for the wicked I guess.

Today's meal gets a pass from me.  I only eat my salmon fully cooked.  If you do make this, make sure the salmon you use has been frozen at the correct temperature for the correct length of time before you make it.  That has to be done to make sure all the tapeworm eggs have been killed off.  My sister did get a fish tapeworm from salmon that was undercooked once.  Not a pretty sight.  

Gravlax is fresh salmon that’s been cured with a combination of salt and sugar. It’s arguably the ultimate easy-to-make luxury food in the world! This homemade Cured Salmon Gravlax recipe can be made with a small fillet or whole side of salmon, and costs a fraction of store bought.

The beauty of homemade cured salmon is that you can control the salt so it’s not too salty and it’s got a fresh herb flavor that you’ll never get in a packet!   https://www.recipetineats.com/cured-salmon-gravlax/

24729726_gravlax1.thumb.jpg.f666f8fed88f55a42c4a6cac8de9b146.jpg

The good news about Gravlax is that it is really low carb.  Only 3g per serving.  https://www.seriouseats.com/gravlax-cured-salmon-recipe

41000716_gravlax2.thumb.jpg.b8997fd47a8213d073618bae18027f03.jpg

Here's the information on proper handling to prevent parasites:   Because of certain parasites found in fresh salmon, it is important to buy sushi-grade salmon or purchase commercially frozen salmon and thaw before use, as freezing for several days will kill any microorganisms present in the fish. You can also freeze the completed gravlax at no higher than -10 F (-23 C) for seven days.  https://www.thespruceeats.com/simple-homemade-gravlax-recipe-2216618

59716636_gravlax4.thumb.jpg.c4d04ed86e5de1a199faa50cf905f2d5.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine, the victims of gun violence, and our Daily family members struggling with challenges.   Cheers to those who are celebrating.  Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 12

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here!  Happy Canada Day!

For those in the USA, Happy Independence Day on Monday!

The latest on my brother is that he will be discharged from the hospital July 8. He will be "Total Assist" so my DSIL is arranging for home care. Also inquiring about hospice for him. She feels that he may have had a stroke as he has trouble doing anything with his left side, including that his left eye is "lazy", which compounds everything. Really no verbal communication other than what sounds like a yes or no. Just a matter time now. DSIL does tell him an occasional joke that he then enjoys hearing.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 14

40 minutes ago, highscar said:

Just on CP24 screen a cruise ship hit an iceberg in

Alaska.    Anyone know witch ship?     

NCL Sun. The ship hit a growler in Hubbard glacier and returned to Juneau. It was inspected by the Coast Guard and was given permission to return to Seattle. Passengers said it was the size of a semitrailer.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning Everyone,  thanks for the daily fleet report.   I'm with @dfish and will pass on today's meal suggestion.  We are approaching Quebec and should be docked by 9.  Thunder storms were in the forecast for today.  So far the weather looks good.

20220701_074908.thumb.jpg.c076d7096a0aefa1d7cc04d1c045542b.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for our Canada Day Daily, Rich.

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian friends!

74462EC3-A1F8-4F7F-85D4-E0616F7365EE.gif.1d5cb522eedb4bece7facb2bcac4f53e.gif

I’ll celebrate zip codes even though we have postal codes here - they both do the same thing.  Zoos are enjoyable & financial freedom is loved by anyone who achieves it 😉 

I like the Green quote.  Yum on the gravlax! 🙂 

@dfishsorry you haven’t gotten that all important email - pretty sure it applies to you too 😉 Good luck with your private tours and the itinerary changes.  When I hit the itinerary changes and ship cancellations, I found all my guides most sympathetic and understanding.  Very quick to accommodate - hope the same happens for you 🤞 

@StLouisCruiserswelcome home 🙂 Oh my, you have gotten a lot done already.  Good for you.  Hope the knee pain eases quickly.

We heard about the Norwegian ship hitting the iceberg when I was in Toronto.  I’m surprised it is now just news.

I got the broken Iphone returned to Apple yesterday.  I don’t know why they want it or what they think they are going to do with it - it’s completely smashed back and front.

6BDBE667-F013-46A7-9728-19FD0C11C5C9.thumb.jpeg.904384e1f7996a63ff40ed6be6c53072.jpeg

66629866-10F6-4004-B57F-2A7BD966261A.thumb.jpeg.5e8d67829c1411cf1bf993c80c98f278.jpeg

But, if I didn’t return it there would have been an $800 charge so I played ball. Going to be a busy weekend as I have a ton of gardening to do - a ton.  And silly me - having given away most of my jam and hearing how much it is enjoyed - I bought a flat of strawberries yesterday and more rhubarb.  So some strawberry rhubarb and some strawberry freezer jam I think and maybe some blueberry strawberry.  If they bring joy to the people who have been so kind, I am going to keep them stocked 😉 

F6374591-D01B-4A23-93B1-8CB0B95F9F22.thumb.jpeg.20c278d8875fae5c6ad61123d982a9cc.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Friday everyone.

63FAA0E3-719D-4BE7-9D43-6C1403094F9F.gif.53684e5b5d7f9ba6db0ebf2b50be678e.gif

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 when/where needed.

• Like 41

Good morning from an already hot and humid NY. Happy Canada day to our Northern friends. 
We are very fortunate to have the Bronx Zoo so close to us. It is always a pleasure to go there and enjoy the  animals.

We have not been to the port but would love to see that part of the world someday.

I know I would be the only one in the house hold who would like today’s recipe. I never got around to making yesterday’s but will have to come up with something either using the Instapot or the infamous “crack pot”.

@Heartgrove, Jack, I am so sorry to hear that your dear brother and sister-in-law  are struggling so much. Continued prayers for the whole family.

Take care everyone.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Sauza Razzmatazz Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Sauza® Silver Tequila
1 part DeKuyper® Razzmatazz® Schnapps Liqueur
1 part Lime Juice
1/2 part Simple Syrup
Garnish: Lime Wedge,
Salt

Instructions
By the glass: Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker and shake until well chilled. Strain into a ice-filled margarita glass. Garnish with lime wedge & salt.
By the pitcher: Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and stir. Serve in ice-filled margarita glasses. Garnish glasses with lime wedge & salt.

Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 8.21.14 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Thank you for the Friday Daily.  I love all the days, especially Canada day and envy @Crazy For Cats being in Canada on this special day.  I really wish my cruise started a couple of days ago so I could have been in Halifax today and then Boston on July 4.  Not sure what to make of the quote.  Have not been to Albania and will pass on the meal.  My alternative is “rainbow” potatoes, chicken sausage, bacon, and raisin toast as served today in the Renaissance Times Square.

bkfst01.jpg

Today’s care list:

Melinda with stage 4 cancer
Sam recovering at home from Covid complications
StPeteCruiser recovering from Appendicitis
Covid in Durango shelter staff
Joy’s friend Ron facing Gall Bladder surgery
Heartgrove brother about to be discharged with extremely poor prognosis
From the rotation:
StLouisSal with weakening legs and covid
Cruzin Terri with continuing health problems
Tana with persistant cough
HAL Sailer DH Nephew Curt with serious mowing accident and new dimentia

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

A world cruise flight offer for Rich
Seasick Sailer friend Ron recovering from successful gall bladder surgery
Tioga Cruiser enjoying Grand Canyon
Volendam caring for refugees
1 days for ski ww (Oosterdam July 2 to 16)
2 days for Mister Boston (Celebrity Summit July 3 to 10)
My embarkation day  (QM2 July 1 to 😎
 Nickelpenny (Westerdam to 7/3) ,  jimgev (Noordam to 7/3 plus land trip),  Norseh2o  (Insignia to 7/4) and Crazy for Cats (Zaandam to 7/9) at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 14