Royal Caribbean - This is completely unfair!

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Check your past cruise history to make sure they did'nt miss one.  We booked a very short cruise many years ago to get us over the hump for a 15 night transatlantic we were taking a few month later.  

Funny you should say that. First made Diamond Decades ago so thats not an issue, but during Conversion I'm one the Few that lost out on Points. This after Royal also had no History of my First Cruises from 80's. I saved all my Cruise Paperwork, sent them Copies and got Missing Cruises Straight, but am still shorted Points on Conversion. Oh Well, unless a new Top Tier Level is Created and I'm short a few Points doesn't matter

Edited by ONECRUISER

6 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Value of Diamond drink vouchers on a 7 day is greater than that!  @twangsterhas a financially sound recommendation 

•  
  1 hour ago, twangster said:

Indy, 9/26, interior GTY solo $369

6-pack beer is $5.00........ You can stay home and drink a lot at those prices. If that is the only reason you are worried about being 1 pt. short.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Means Royal messed up and gave him the points.......it happens. 🙂

But, they usually eventually catch it.  They do audit.

We lost out on making D by one cruise when they introduced the new point count and Emerald.  So, we were Emerald for one cruise that should have made us Diamond.  That's in the past and we knew the rules could change.  In OP's case, the rules have been in place.  Oh well, that's life.

3 hours ago, soremekun said:

On the second day of the cruise, can I negotiate my way into the Diamond Lounge?  Or, will I be stuck on the outside looking in?

From what I’m hearing, since the change to the Diamond drink benefit, no one hangs out in the Diamond Lounge anymore. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BND said:

But, they usually eventually catch it.  They do audit.

We lost out on making D by one cruise when they introduced the new point count and Emerald.  So, we were Emerald for one cruise that should have made us Diamond.  That's in the past and we knew the rules could change.  In OP's case, the rules have been in place.  Oh well, that's life.

Guess they are a little behind on the audits then, like  52 years ago.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Funny you should say that. First made Diamond Decades ago so thats not an issue, but during Conversion I'm one the Few that lost out on Points. 

We lost out on points, too.  We tool longer cruises and it did not convert well.  While people that took 3-4 day cruises got more points.  But, there was no solving that problem. We wrote to RCL but it did not go anywhere.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

From what I’m hearing, since the change to the Diamond drink benefit, no one hangs out in the Diamond Lounge anymore. 

Actually they do.  We've been on 2 b2b's (HOTS and EN) since restart and the DL's were full most evenings.

Just now, loman said:

Last year I had to book a crown loft to get double points x 2  to get to diamond.

Sometimes you got to do what you have to do .

We feel for you lol.

7 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Doesn't take too much fill up Enchantment's though

HOTS was at about 50% capacity when we sailed and the DL was full.  EN was about 45% the first week and 70% or so the second (Sp break, Easter).  EN's DL isn't as big as HOTS, but HOTS passenger capacity is 2.25 times as large as EN.  HOTS lounge is not 2.25 times as large as EN's.  Prob more like 1.75 times plus on EN D+ can use the CL unlike HOTS and both were full on EN.

Edited by BND

17 minutes ago, BND said:

Huh?

Points in question were given to me 52 years ago. It was only a few, no biggie. I was 10 years old at the time.  🤣

Edited by Jimbo