Seafood buffet

3 minutes ago, GOIN2C said:

I remember reading that Royal has a seafood buffet. Could anyone verify and or give any info on this?

Every now and then there are some good seafood choices in the Windjammer buffet, but there is not a "seafood buffet", per se, on RC.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GOIN2C said:

I remember reading that Royal has a seafood buffet.

A few ships (like Symphony) have a specialty venue called Hooked that may offer more than the usual variety of seafood related items. You can find the menu in the app.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

A few ships (like Symphony) have a specialty venue called Hooked that may offer more than the usual variety of seafood related items. You can find the menu in the app.

Thanks. I hear they have a special on Wednesday  on lobster rolls.  

14 minutes ago, GOIN2C said:

Thanks. I hear they have a special on Wednesday  on lobster rolls.  

They were not running their happy hour specials when I was on in March.  Told they stopped them when they stared back up after covid and did not know if they would restart them or not.

• Like 1

I've luckily run into this seafood spread 3 times at least I can remember, maybe more on liberty. 

All kinds, shrimp, cold lobster, mussels, those red things, didnt try them, 6 or 7 seafood choices. I missed the lobster the first time, it ran out. 

20220130_122050.jpg

20220130_122040.jpg

20220130_122004.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last year on several sailings last lunch featured more seafood dishes. I think they discontinued it by Christmas.

I do not remember ever RCI's seafood buffets like Princess had, which are also discontinued. They literally had Alaskan Crab legs split in halves, lobsters and everything else.

But as a seafood lover I am always able to pick several seafood appetizers. Sometimes I skip main dish (and always dessert), but I always eat them. 

Edited by Tatka

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

All kinds, shrimp, cold lobster, mussels, those red things, didnt try them, 6 or 7 seafood choices.

Those "red things" look like crawfish (the best item of everything you mentioned, if cooked correctly).  I would have taken the whole bowl. 😁

• Like 1

Just now, time4u2go said:

Those "red things" look like crawfish (the best item of everything you mentioned, if cooked correctly).  I would have taken the whole bowl. 😁

Yes I tried them once and they were really a lot of work to peel. I was happy with the shrimp or shrimp and lobster when I saw the lobster before it was gone. They dont advertise it and easy to miss as its turned toward the grill and I walked by without seeing it. It was where they had salad items usually. 

Those crawfish are hard to peel .. they had tons of them no one was taking lol. You could have had a huge bowl to yourself. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Those pics from @firefly333were recent pics I believe.  What ship are you sailing?

lol the one where I missed the lobster you were on that cruise. See how easy it is to miss. Helen came back to the table with a half of a lobster and other stuff and I went up, all gone.

Yes the other 2 times were more recent. The first time was the dec 12 liberty. Seen it twice more.

Dec 12 was the last day before we got back. The other times when we boarded. No rhyme or reason.

See you didnt see it either. Have to be watching the WJ. Lunch time.

On Navigator a few years back they advertised Seafood night in the Windjammer.  It was impressive.  One whole side was iced down with fresh seafood, tons of specialty items I had never seen before. It was in the Compass and announced by wait staff in MDR the day before.  It was truly impressive; have not seen a spread like that since the days of the Midnight Buffets. 

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Every now and then there are some good seafood choices in the Windjammer buffet, but there is not a "seafood buffet", per se, on RC.

Correct, fish and chips, clams, shrimp and other sea food. Including chowder.