PIckleball on Carnival?

DanBoy

We were on the MG and we were disappointed we didn’t bring our things just to keep in practice because the basketball court was deserted when we saw it.

I’d bring it along since it doesn’t take hardly any room.  

No nets or lines or anything but now that we’re back home, we’re not so great. 😞

Hopefully it will gain popularity on ships because it’s supposed to be the fasted growing sport now.  

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I believe some Holland America and Princess ships have it.  

Edit: please see my post below. Carnival has multiple ships where you can enjoy a game of  pickleball. 

Edited by Enryon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Enryon said:

I believe some Holland America and Princess ships have it but I’m pretty sure no Carnival boat has it at this time. 

no room for anything like that on the boats anyway

• Like 1

Looks like I was totally wrong. Carnival does offer pickleball. 

from carnivals website. 

Pickleball

• Featured on Carnival Breeze, Carnival Celebration, Carnival Dream, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Jubilee, Carnival Legend, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Panorama, Carnival Pride, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Vista and Mardi Gras.
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Enryon said:

And why not?  All you need is a multi sport court and a portable net and you are set. 

Boats fit on ships, the boats on Carnival ships are typically only used for emergencies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, found this on the page that shall not be mentioned. A direct quote from John Heald: We have now added the game of Pickleball or is it Pickle Ball? Anyway this fun game of short tennis is available on Carnival Panorama only for now but if popular we will add to other ships as well.

• Like 2

We are big Pickleball players - even brought our paddles and ballson our June Magic cruise.  No nets or any other equipment.  When I asked Guest Services they didn't even know what I was talking about.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I play 5-7 times per week...Definitely wonder how the wind will affect it.  We were just on Vista and they didn't have it (early July). According to website they now have it. I hope they will ACTUALLY have it open...put nets out, balls out, etc.  Has anyone actually played on board? We go on Breeze in December and my paddle will be coming with!!!

On 7/26/2022 at 11:30 PM, Saint Greg said:

I don’t know anything about it but I saw the other day that Drew Brees owns a major league pickle ball team of some

sort. I had never seen it before this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgRmKjuLcp2/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Actually a great game, without a lot of injuries that come from sports.  Try it you might like it, kind of cross between tennis and pingpong on a court.   Fast action and fun…..and now back to your originally schedule programming.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Actually a great game, without a lot of injuries that come from sports.  Try it you might like it, kind of cross between tennis and pingpong on a court.   Fast action and fun…..and now back to your originally schedule programming.

I don’t play tennis or ping pong so I’ll probably skip it.

• Like 3