The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 2nd, 2022

richwmn

Today is National Night Out, National CAD Day, and National Ice Cream Sandwich Day

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.--Mark Twain

Meal Suggestion for today - shaved squash salad
Drink of the Day - Fire Drop
Wine of the Day - Broadbent NV White (Vinho Verde) Portugal
Destination of the Day - Horta, Azores, Portugal

Eurodam

Glacier Bay, Alaska - Icy Strait Point, Hoonah, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 20:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 07:00 - 15:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Boston, Massachusetts eta 08/03

Noordam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 08:30 - 18:30

Oosterdam

Heraklion, Crete Greece 08:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

Bergen, Norway 08:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 21:00

Zaandam

Akureyri, Iceland, Lake Myvatn 08:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 08/03

Volendam
Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0802World.thumb.png.0e026f86a115d3f873e2438d052c71fb.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 11

Good morning and thank you for the Fleet and Daily Report.

We had much needed rain yesterday afternoon and evening.  It's a lot cooler this morning and cloudy but supposed to clear up this afternoon.

Interesting days.  I rarely go out at night.   Computer Aided Design is important.  An ice cream sandwich sounds like a great idea.

I like the quote.

I'll pass on the meal.  I'll wait to see the cocktail description.  I'm sure the wine is terrific.

We haven't been to today's port, thanks in advance for pictures.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 26

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Good quote from Samuel Clemens.

We usually have dinner out on Tuesdays so the day is fitting.

I can't remember the last time I had an Ice Cream Sandwich but I like them.

I'm not sure what National CAD day is.

I'll pass on the meal.

We have never been to Portugal.

The latest bout of Saharan dust over southern Florida has been pretty bad for me with quite a bit of sneezing.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 27

I changed my mind about my month in Hawaii........again....:)

I looked at the condo website and "my" dates were still available...

I am still super concerned about covid....but I'm also tired of it too......:(

I do have trip insurance that covers both the flight and the condo...and covid....

So....unless something else comes up before then...I will be flying out on August 31st.....:)

IMG_1135.JPG

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from a sunny 68°F North East England.

Thank you Rich for today's fleet reports and Daily.

I have had lots of ice cream sandwiches.

Excellent quote.

Not sure about today's food and drink.

The Azores are usually visited during transatlantic cruises.

Prayers 🙏 for good health for everyone on the care list and those who are poorly but not on the list.

I hope everyone has a great day today.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220802_115721.jpg

Screenshot_20220802_120004.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich!  A spectacular sunrise greeted me this morning, after last night’s wild T-storm to the West of me. This huge black cloud hung under the thumbnail moon and spewed lightning. Both sheets and bolts. But I did not hear any thunder.  It was amazing. 

Thank you for keeping our lists Roy. Morning Dailyites. @smitty34877 Terry, praying that you all feel better soon.

Off early to the gym, then this evening I am helping my “traveling Sister” load ArriveCAN on her phone & open her account. That way we will be ready when it is time to load the health info. Just the mention of technology stresses her out. So I am sure we will have a glass or two of wine. 

Perhaps they could get.a job on a BHB…..

A1C55BF8-B390-439F-AD15-942E0B0482F4.jpeg.84057abe2258c3077f11671c15b38674.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Broadbent NV White (Vinho Verde) Portugal

Fruity, but with a crisp citrus zing. Very good ratings from critics & consumers. A decent number of online distributors with prices starting at $8.95!

Winemaker Notes

Bartholomew Broadbent’s deep roots in Portugal inspired him to create his own range of table wines. His vision was to produce the most reliable and traditional of all Vinho Verdes and to resolve the usual whine that Vinho Verde never tastes like it tastes in Portugal. The solution was twofold: to partner with a winery that had consistent production, and to ship the wines in refrigerated containers. The latter enable the wine to taste as fresh and spritzy as it would ever taste in Portugal, and since its launch in 2005, Broadbent Vinho Verde has rapidly earned the reputation as one of the finest Vinho Verdes. 

The most popular white wine from Portugal, is a deliciously refressing, light wine. "Verde", meaning "Green" refers to the hints of lime color. It is an ideal warm weather wine, excellent for lunch and picnics, or an evening apertif. It makes a brilliant pairing with any fish, shellfish and poultry.

Blend: 50% Loureiro, 40% Trajadura, 10% Pedernã

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Rowsby said:

I changed my mind about my month in Hawaii........again....:)

I looked at the condo website and "my" dates were still available...

I am still super concerned about covid....but I'm also tired of it too......:(

I do have trip insurance that covers both the flight and the condo...and covid....

So....unless something else comes up before then...I will be flying out on August 31st.....:)

IMG_1135.JPG

Amen on the Covid. 

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 18

Take advantage of the bounty of summer squash by creating a shaved squash salad.

Summer squash is low in calories, they have little to no cholesterol, fat, and sodium. Zucchini and yellow squash boast vitamins A and C, potassium, plus fiber. Like most produce, you'll want to avoid peeling the skin because that’s where most of the nutrients are stored.

A simple salad served over ricotta.

https://www.tastingtable.com/686305/summer-squash-ricotta-salad-recipe-vegetarian/

Shaved Summer Squash Salad Recipe

A refreshing combination of shaved zucchini ribbons, corn, feta, walnuts and fresh herbs is tossed in a lemony vinaigrette.

https://lepetiteats.com/marinated-zucchini-salad/

Marinated zucchini salad with corn, herbs, feta and walnuts on a round white plate

Marinated overnight in vinegar and sugar, this recipe reminds me of a pickle.  It can also be made with cucumbers (I slice them).  I make it frequently in the summer

https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/marinated-zucchini-yellow-squash-salad

Marinated Zucchini and Yellow Squash Salad

• Like 23
  • Thanks 10

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon from a sunny 68°F North East England.

Thank you Rich for today's fleet reports and Daily.

I have had lots of ice cream sandwiches.

Excellent quote.

Not sure about today's food and drink.

The Azores are usually visited during transatlantic cruises.

Prayers 🙏 for good health for everyone on the care list and those who are poorly but not on the list.

I hope everyone has a great day today.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220802_115721.jpg

Screenshot_20220802_120004.jpg

Thanks Graham, now I know what CAD day is.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Take advantage of the bounty of summer squash by creating a shaved squash salad.

Summer squash is low in calories, they have little to no cholesterol, fat, and sodium. Zucchini and yellow squash boast vitamins A and C, potassium, plus fiber. Like most produce, you'll want to avoid peeling the skin because that’s where most of the nutrients are stored.

A simple salad served over ricotta.

https://www.tastingtable.com/686305/summer-squash-ricotta-salad-recipe-vegetarian/

A refreshing combination of shaved zucchini ribbons, corn, feta, walnuts and fresh herbs is tossed in a lemony vinaigrette.

https://lepetiteats.com/marinated-zucchini-salad/

Marinated overnight in vinegar and sugar, this recipe reminds me of a pickle.  It can also be made with cucumbers (I slice them).  I make it frequently in the summer

https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/marinated-zucchini-yellow-squash-salad

Tina, thank you for joining the Food & Beverage department! You added your own twist which made it special! 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, everyone.

It is going to be a nice day here in northeast Ohio.   I gave up the ghost early last night but was up at 5:30 this morning.  It will take me a while to readjust time zones.  It gets harder each passing year.  Fortunately, the next few cruises will not require that.  

Today is grocery shopping and laundry.   But, first I'll do my laps.  And when I get back from the grocery store I get to do battle with the IRS.  They sent me a bill while I was gone and want payment by the weekend.  But, I already paid them back in April.  Fortunately in this digital age one can get receipts at any time.   I guess the IRS bookkeeping department is related to HAL IT.

Still no word about Sue's bag.  @Cruzin Terri keep those prayers to St. Anthony coming.  He does make you wait sometimes.  I had to wait overnight to find my passport.  And a couple of years to find my mom's watch.  

@Rowsby Go for Hawaii.   I tested yesterday when I got home and so far I'm negative.  I don't have any symptoms, but it is a good idea to make sure.  I will take reasonable precautions, but I'm at the point of let's learn how to live with this.  

@cruzn single I'm sorry you had to cancel your cruise, but you are correct that AMS is a mess.  My PCC put in a wheelchair request for Donna at AMS.   Donna reaffirmed that with the airline.  She also put in a wheelchair request through the Schiphol website.  She was refused a wheelchair assist when she got there because she wasn't on their list.  The flight attendant called them twice about it.  So, she took off walking.  And arrived at the hotel with blistered, bloody feet.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 9

Fire Drop cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Jim Beam® Kentucky Fire™
1 part DeKuyper® Triple Sec Liqueur
2 parts Lemon Sour
Sugar

Instructions
Shake all ingredients with ice. Pour into a chilled cocktail glass with optional sugared rim.

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 8.03.30 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

I totally agree about covid.  I did feel very safe on the Rotterdam in January and look forward to our cruise in November. We wore our masks all the time and stayed away from most people.  BUT, I will not get on a plane.  I don't do any of the shopping and rarely go out to eat.  I have a damaged lung and just don't want to take any chances.  I'm scared, plain and simple.

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 3

thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich.

Nice to see CAD’s being celebrated and who doesn’t like ice cream whether it’s in a sandwich or not?  No night out for me, thanks.  Shadow and I have a full day planned 😆 😉 

2B91DB3B-9AE9-4C21-B269-ABA37F4055B5.thumb.jpeg.4b49ac187bed9376933bfab7eb4b234d.jpeg

Love the Twain quote and yum on the meal.  @cat shepardI can vouch for that wine.  It’s quite nice 👍 Fitting that it’s the wine of the day with the port of the day.  The Azores are absolutely gorgeous.  Horta is pretty and a lovely visit.  

168CB952-F0B1-4D06-9BFB-490EF216F92A.thumb.jpeg.dd63684a339251a2e7d721431a681315.jpeg

Shadow (or Little as I often call her when calling or training) is being kept busy playing “hide and seek”, learning to use the leash, and learning in.  (She’s frightened of door ways).

Yesterday we successfully did sit and “In”.  Nice to not have to pick her up.  Hopefully today we progress 🤞 Pic is off because I was so close, sit’s not perfect but it’s a sit 👍 

108129CA-65CD-47AA-8FBD-3D9ABA3C56DC.thumb.jpeg.a1eedf797a501c97fad48360db377352.jpeg

@Rowsbyglad to hear your plans have changed 👍 It’s easy to second guess ourselves these days 😉

@cat shepardnice of you to help with the Arrive Can.  I haven’t tried it yet (ugh).  I think this applies to a lot of us:

5A97F5A7-0D25-487A-B4DE-02C5F82529B5.jpeg.264525d918529e7a3678afc024a1010c.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Tuesday everyone !!!!!

63F91046-3717-44B6-BFFE-C10FD44BDA3C.thumb.jpeg.b914d0f85371ee6aeadf270e160eaa27.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 6

A chilly morning here in the UP.  It was 47 when I got up and is now up to 52. Yesterday was blustery and cloudy so I did nothing except read and water a couple of plants. My gravel pile still exists but is getting smaller.  That is my project today plus digging some plants that came up in the wrong place and pot them for our downstate plant sale. 

@richwmnthank you for the Daily Reports.  Today's recipes, cocktail and wine are all a pass.  Prayers for those battling COVID and other issues.   Prayers for the people of Ukraine. 🙏Have a great day!

@kazuthanks for the Dahlia and Little photos.   My Japanese Iris still are in bloom. Most done weeks ago but the one is a robust plant and a long bloomer. We had lasagna and a Brunello that John got from Wines till Sold Out. 

IMG_20220801_121256775.jpg

IMG_20220801_160055756.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friends!  It was a beautiful sunrise out my window when I finished my treadmill workout.  We're having the usual forecast here -- a beautiful morning followed immediately by clouds and a chance of showers.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKsVA1-Ht3T0H3BQjuN3NewVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1659442486

Thanks Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.  I'm sure Night Out is fun for most, but I'm not a party animal and don't care for going out in the evening.  Cheers to National CAD Day!  Ice cream sandwiches are one of my favorites and I will have a vanilla ice cream sandwich tonight after I eat my dinner.  My usual mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches have been out of stock for a month or more.  The Mark Twain quote is great as usual.  Interesting looking menu suggestion but I think I'll have something else.  Thanks Tina @0106for researching it. 

Sue @RowsbyI hope your Hawaii trip is exactly what you need and no hint of Covid comes anywhere near you to mess up your time there.  Safe travels!

Dixie @summer slope see you on the ship in November.  We're booked along with you.  We plan on driving down so no planes will be involved for us either.

Horta, Azores, Portugal is a lovely spot out in the Atlantic.  It was last posted here Aug. 27, 2021 if you'd like to import your photos from then to today's Daily.  We went there in 2018 on our beloved Prinsendam.  

Prayers for everyone here who needs them (and I know the list is coming up soon) and also Ukraine.  Cheers for the celebrants and may you all enjoy these good times, especially cruises.  By the way I posted on yesterday's Daily this morning in response to several people but I have a   h i d d e n   post so maybe it will show up later.  Perhaps they flag them if you use the word    m o d e r a t o r.

Here's my photos of Horta from last year.   

We enjoyed a fabulous day in Horta in April 2018 while on our Grand Med. and Africa cruise on the Prinsendam.  So many great ports!  The weather was perfect, thank goodness.  And for the final segment of the cruise we had our very special master of the ship, Captain D. D.

As I said, we arrived on a beautiful morning and were allowed to dock, no tendering needed.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLaoFmabHqxnkUzNon_bqBX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136760

A view of the city from the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHfsZ-7-qa6iDiJcDNCvjS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136778

I swear that looks like DH walking towards me down by the pool.  Could have been.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbMZ2u2jH0eMytRt0TZSN3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136790

The Azores has beautiful scenic hillsides like this.  I love observing the cows grazing - so peaceful.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIs-S_on9KLD2levLir7JXT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136811

This type of architecture is common in the area as well.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-9vAPSJGHQBV8dr8fmp_l?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085108

This is a popular spot for locals and tourist alike, Peter's Cafe Sport.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIIK7t-CZ6GuE9wQNC5t1M-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085109

We stepped down some stairs to the waterfront and marina.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKpuyYGJPZFuYEFGw0FoNDJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136861

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKD4uRMoeHG39gn2tz7n3fb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136861

Diving must be popular here because we saw several diving shops.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUj17ZqXHpWeIQmWJMhhoo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136875

Across the water from this spot on the marina is the highest point in Portugal, Pico Island.  That is a volcano named Ponta do Pico.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKVf6U6OVHs0j57NJYjUUES?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526136909

Next we headed towards this old fortress, the Fort of Santa Cruz.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL7iY_fP5_O8ll4xy9362TU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085133

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJg8dtcdVOi6_lzJ0XC5sPH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137079

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJMON4jDeXolRI4slmRUkvo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085135

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ0HvMq_MgR-6APQHzhEpN6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137105

I think I'll stop at this point and continue in a second post.  They get too long otherwise.  Lots still to see.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 9

There were some girls dancing in what looked like an outdoor recital right out on the street.  People were gathered across the street lounging on a lawn to watch.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgothNAXkSzLrtkWtPdFxD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085143

Some of the viewers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLXCDkEAtSzQlUlPDytKqZD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137138

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnw46RMLLCXRDwAKtiACpR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137168

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOPj2ci8q2fU9uNiT_b440?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137168

We were headed back towards the ship now and would soon come upon a small park.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJWOWAermzR9JinpceQcYmT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085310

There was a pond there with black swans in residence.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsSb8VKRUyfqAuShfTrsg7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085303

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwezde3AVhS10EZeUaf2KM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137201

They had a very nicely done esplanade along the shore.  Great for viewing the ships.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCTK2dMUli-_YvyDVJKWkw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137243

And my favorite ship, the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL2XC1yRp418DPncyyYJ_7N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137250

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7eFjFNqvfScb1_WCgLoKA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526085317

At 4:50 pm we pulled away and began our journey across the Atlantic to Bermuda.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7FXP6-j5fTevT7ra4PAOY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137399

DH and I were standing on the deck just above the bridge with a nice view of the outside bridge wings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJxMUXKmK_wAVwt8rQ9RJtb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137428

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhLqwOBFRpbORo4uBU-JH1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137432

Captain D. D. saw us standing up there and asked us to meet him outside the Crow's Nest.  We did and he asked if we would like to have dinner in Canaletto the following night.  He also said we could bring our tablemates George and Sandy.  Of course we accepted!  He set the time at 7:00 pm the following night.  Later while we were dining he walked into the dining room and came over to our table to tell us he forgot about a meeting he had scheduled and could we make it at 7:30 pm instead?  We all said no problem, Captain!  You should have seen waiter Riris's face when the Captain walked away!  He came over with eyes wide and said "What was that about??"  Oh, just a little change in dinner plans.  By the way we won't be here for dinner tomorrow night, Riris!😅

One more thing, we were celebrating Kings Day that day and here is the cake they prepared as well as our monkeys with the orange wigs.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHhFyjLxHbOI_Jin4RKn_A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526137436

Here's a photo of us at dinner in Canaletto the following night.  The Executive Chef of the fleet was on board and brought us out a huge fish he had prepared for our dinner.  I only had a few bites of it since I'm not a huge fish lover.  But it was good and I enjoyed my separate entree.  George brought a special bottle of wine he had purchased on our cruise in Civitavecchia and the Captain was very surprised and honored that he had done that.  He said usually I provide all the wine, but he enjoyed it very much and asked where the shop was in Civitavecchia that George had bought it.  We were there for hours enjoying the conversation and food, and finally Captain said I have to go back to work now.  We bid him good night, then all four of us sat and chatted a while about it having been one of the best dinners we had ever experienced on a cruise.  The company was outstanding!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHtRTdJ2k-W5gkdLqTNhUd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526159922

• Like 30
  • Thanks 8

Good morning and thanks for the update. It’s a sunny and hot day and tomorrow and Thursday will be even worse. Thursday could be near 100. 
National Night Out is always held the 1st Tuesday in August . It’s supposed to be a way for the community to meet police and first responders in a happy setting. There is usually free food and  sometimes demonstrations of K-9 units and other equipment. It’s a great event for families to come together.

I was to Horta on a crossing, I did a whale watching with roll call members and we saw a blue whale 🐳 

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists ❤️🙏

• Like 28

Love Ice cream, sandwich or otherwise and CAD is a big advancement.  I'll miss National Night Out due to a meeting.  It looks like I have not been to Horta but have been to other islands.  Love the Twain quote but will pass on the meal.  My alternative is Lido DIY Salad, Pork Chop with Mashed Potatoes, and MDR Blueberry Sundae, as enjoyed on MS Westerdam August 2, 2018.  I chose to get most of dinner in the Lido so I could be on deck for our sailaway from Juneau,=:

dishes02.jpg

Today’s care list:

smitty’s entire family with Covid
Crabbi Patti’s father and now son with Covid
JazzyV knee pain and StLouis Cruiser’s continuing leg issues
Cruzin Terri painful joints
crusin single giving up transatlantic cruise
The locks at Ijmuiden(Rotterdam diverted to at least 8/14)
From the rotation:
Tana with persistent problems
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Amy adjusting to widowhood and children
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Shadow in Kazu’s care and making progress
Crabbi Patti on camp nurse duty to 8/8
Volendam caring for refugees
Marshhawk major decision to end dog walking
Live4cruises in NC Hills to 8/11
Aliaschief touring Hebrides to 8/14
5 days for AMRDS (Nieuw Amsterdam 8/7 to 8/14)
5 days for Mister67 (Equinox 8/7 to 8/13)
1 day for Mtn2sea and kplady (Nieuw Statendam 8/3 to 8/27)
Vict0riann  (Nieuw Statendam (to 8/3), Cat in My Lap (Zaandam to 8/13), and Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 10