Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

23 hours ago, springaussie said:

Chilli what about 2 ships with massive new water slides working to Lelepa freshly out of refit. 
Quantum and Anthem. 

A good possibility.

But I don’t think 2 ships out of Brisbane would be viable .

Sydney ??,if they can get port bookings but what about Auckland as a home port for Anthem??

Auckland is 4 hours less flying time from the U.S . That’s a big thing to cut down that 14 hour killer flight and it could also do the NZ itinerary.

Edited by Chiliburn

55 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

A good possibility.

But I don’t think 2 ships out of Brisbane would be viable .

Sydney ??,if they can get port bookings but what about Auckland as a home port for Anthem??

Auckland is 4 hours less flying time from the U.S . That’s a big thing to cut down that 14 hour killer flight and it could also do the NZ itinerary.

If you put Anthem in Auckland you would have to depart the freight terminal.

2 ships in Sydney Ovation to NZ. Anthem South Pacific’s. 
Quantum from Brisbane to mainly South Pacific. 

Edited by springaussie
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

Does anyone know what’s happening with Allure deployment? I can only see cruises until Jan 25.

As far as I know, nothing has been announced past Jan. Allure is due a dry-dock in 2025, as her last one was in 2020.

I’m wondering if she may come out of service in January and have her full amplification that was planned for 2020, before doing the 7-day Mediterranean itinerary in 2025 which usually begins around April. Her postponed amplification was supposed to take 58-days, so add a week of sailing to Cadiz and the timing looks about right to me.

Edited by Jumping Cruiser
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

As far as I know, nothing has been announced past Jan. Allure is due a dry-dock in 2025, as her last one was in 2020.

I’m wondering if she may come out of service in January and have her full amplification that was planned for 2020, before doing the 7-day Mediterranean itinerary in 2025 which usually begins around April. Her postponed amplification was supposed to take 58-days, so add a week of sailing to Cadiz and the timing looks about right to me.

Oh I hope not, she’s the only one with out that eyesore slide, and still has the magnificent lounge! 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2023 at 8:27 PM, rockmom said:

My plan had been to do a January 2025 longer sailing out of NJ when they usually have itineraries down to eastern/southern Caribbean.  No longer my plan for this exact reason. I've sailed on Odyssey, and really enjoyed it, especially the solarium. I don't want to share that space with a bazillion kids.  I have kids and grandkids that I love dearly, but I look forward to the solarium on pretty much every ship since it tends to be a much more peaceful place.  So now I have a new plan, we'll see what shows up in the releases this week.  

When has Royal said kids will be allowed in the solarium on Odyssey? As has been mentioned, they had Explorer up here for years with no indoor pools and no issues. It is maybe a day and a half down, day and a half back that the weather is at its coldest. If parents can't set expectations for their kids that there isn't somewhere to swim those days (or possibly more as it is WINTER, even in the Caribbean, and may not always be warm), that sounds more like its the parents problem.

Is the solarium open to kids on rainy days on Odyssey now? On Oasis class?

We sailed to Canada at the end of my with our then-3-year-old. We made clear to him: if it was warm enough, he'd get to swim the day we got on and likely no other day as it would be too cold. He had no issues.

15 minutes ago, xtremegk said:

When has Royal said kids will be allowed in the solarium on Odyssey? As has been mentioned, they had Explorer up here for years with no indoor pools and no issues. It is maybe a day and a half down, day and a half back that the weather is at its coldest. If parents can't set expectations for their kids that there isn't somewhere to swim those days (or possibly more as it is WINTER, even in the Caribbean, and may not always be warm), that sounds more like its the parents problem.

We sailed to Canada at the end of my with our then-3-year-old. We made clear to him: if it was warm enough, he'd get to swim the day we got on and likely no other day as it would be too cold. He had no issues.

No one has said that will be the case. However, on other ships that don't have enclosed indoor pools for families, Royal has set up times for families with kids to use the solarium pool.  That is how it worked when I was in Explorer in 2018 for an Alaska sailing.  There was a couple of hours where kids could get in the solarium pool as it was warmer in there than out on the main pool deck.  If you scroll thorough posts on this and other threads, I'm not the only one to have seen this happen on other ships.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, rockmom said:

No one has said that will be the case. However, on other ships that don't have enclosed indoor pools for families, Royal has set up times for families with kids to use the solarium pool.  That is how it worked when I was in Explorer in 2018 for an Alaska sailing.  There was a couple of hours where kids could get in the solarium pool as it was warmer in there than out on the main pool deck.  If you scroll thorough posts on this and other threads, I'm not the only one to have seen this happen on other ships.  

Yup, Vision and Radiance Class has done this on my Sailings for years. Kids hrs in Solarium were due to Rain and/or cooler weather. Havent been on Voyager and Explorer since late 90's threw 2001 and cant remember that far back what we did on those 2

Edited by ONECRUISER

4 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Was Explorer's solarium really that much warmer? Yes, it has a little more deck coverage above, but it's still open to the elements.

Just now, xtremegk said:

Was Explorer's solarium really that much warmer? Yes, it has a little more deck coverage above, but it's still open to the elements.

I don't know, we didn't use the pool. But back to Odyssey, I figure the Solarium will be more packed than ever with adults that would normally be out on the regular pool deck.  When I sailed on Odyssey last summer out of Rome, it was beautiful summer weather, perfect for the outdoor pools.  But the solarium was still jammed, not a lounger to be found by about 10 am.  I can only imagine how much worse it will be when it's 30 degrees coming out of NYC.  Sardine can.  

30 minutes ago, xtremegk said:

From a Cruise Compass for Radiance last year during the Alaska sailings:

image.png.d71ae2b0755f77dd20dade08b3325906.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I don't know, we didn't use the pool. But back to Odyssey, I figure the Solarium will be more packed than ever with adults that would normally be out on the regular pool deck.  When I sailed on Odyssey last summer out of Rome, it was beautiful summer weather, perfect for the outdoor pools.  But the solarium was still jammed, not a lounger to be found by about 10 am.  I can only imagine how much worse it will be when it's 30 degrees coming out of NYC.  Sardine can.  

Polar Bear Plunge! Seen Videos where they were sweep shoveling Snow off Ships open Decks, Yuck! I like a White Christmas but when I'm on Vacation/Cruise it better be WARM! And I've been very lucky, haven't been on a 100% Full or higher capacity Cruise since at least mid 90's. Funny thing is on Longer Repo's in the Solarium the older crown settles in on the tables/chairs for whole day. Eat, Read, even Sleep. Not Judging, I do the same on my Balcony were I spend most my time...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

8 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Drydock in Cadiz.

thank you! I was hoping for an Oasis class spring TA in 2025 😢

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GlasgowCruiser01 said:

Would be insanely disappointing if Utopia goes to the 3/4 nighters, hope she would at least do a brief opening stint in Europe for a couple of weeks because I'll never be able to sail her if she does the short sailings from Florida.

Different opinions. It would be a huge draw for families and first time cruisers to have a brand new ship doing that route and so closely to Orlando theme parks. 

It seems almost certain that it will be Utopia doing these sailings since bookings on Allure seem to indicate it is do-able for an Oasis class ship. 

• Like 1