Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

49 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Allure is not on sale after 27 to 30 January 2025 cruise. 

Maybe this is where the global adventures begin. At this time of the year going around South America does sound like a possibility. 

I would guess it’s another world cruise but not Allure, very limited in ports.

25 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I would guess it’s another world cruise but not Allure, very limited in ports.

I just can’t see it.

Surely they’ll want to see how the first one goes before committing to another. Is there really enough demand for another so soon?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

That's a bit sooner than I expected, I literally don't know where it would call from SG.

That’s true, there aren’t many ports for an Oasis to call at on round trip cruises from Singapore.  Klang and Penang perhaps?  
China would have to be a more likely deployment.  If there is anything in this at all, I guess it’s for 2025 - not so soon.  

Edited by geoff2802

6 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

That’s true, there aren’t many ports for an Oasis to call at on round trip cruises from Singapore.  Klang and Penang perhaps?  
China would have to be a more likely deployment.  If there is anything in this at all, I guess it’s for 2025 - not so soon.  

I don't think Allure can tender in Phuket in the newer deep water bay port.

Edited by Ethanol95

2 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

I just can’t see it.

Surely they’ll want to see how the first one goes before committing to another. Is there really enough demand for another so soon?

It seems to me that the smaller segments of the world cruise have been very popular. Unique itineraries, ports not normally called at. But for my wife's current health problems we would have booked a couple of the released small segments .

If they released a "world cruise " with the small segments avaible right from the start I reckon it could sell really well at good prices.

They would have to get the pricing right so that the folks on the entire voyage were not disadvantaged but with the correct framework of included perks etc this should be perfectly possible to achieve.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I love all the speculation 🙂

Going global could mean new international expansion.  South America for example.   

It could also be a tease that ends up being something else completely.  

I was on a cruise around N.Z. Just a little while ago .

Just before Ovation was going to leave N.Z.and cross the Tasman sea back to Sydney . A heap of people disembarked before the end of the cruise. Like quite a few,over a hundred.

I was told they where doing a around the world trip organised by R.C.

Apparently they come from L.A on Navigator  flew to Australia did a cruise and then on to Singapore ect ,ect .

Maybe it could be something new ?

My guess would be that Allure heads back to PC in January 2025 and Utopia heads over to Asia at that time.

Pretty sure with the importance of the Asian market long term that when they do re-enter that market it will be with a new ship and not one of the oldest OA class ships out there.  Given that Utopia's itineraries have not been released the above is accomplished without redeploying any existing ships

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My guess would be that Allure heads back to PC in January 2025 and Utopia heads over to Asia at that time.

Pretty sure with the importance of the Asian market long term that when they do re-enter that market it will be with a new ship and not one of the oldest OA class ships out there.  Given that Utopia's itineraries have not been released the above is accomplished without redeploying any existing ships

I'd better stock up on my Utopia bookings then😇

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I'd better stock up on my Utopia bookings then😇

Are you thinking of going on the 1st sailing out of PC? I have my TA putting a hold on it (and the 2nd) but if the price is nuts we won't book it.

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Are you thinking of going on the 1st sailing out of PC? I have my TA putting a hold on it (and the 2nd) but if the price is nuts we won't book it.

Yes I am.  I think it's supposed to be a 4 night.  If you get a chance  Email me dande36 at aol dot com

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

I don't think Allure can tender in Phuket in the newer deep water bay port.

Allure can't tender at all.  None of the Oasis class ships are designed for that.  

Only smaller ships can go to the many small ports that would justify a world cruise.   That is why Radiance class is so popular with the more exotic cruising. 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Allure can't tender at all.  None of the Oasis class ships are designed for that.  

Only smaller ships can go to the many small ports that would justify a world cruise.   That is why Radiance class is so popular with the more exotic cruising. 

Was I wrong in hearing that the newer ships were being designed to also tender within the O class? Heard it a few times, but I don't know whether its just talk or fact.

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Utopia is mid June, who knows if they will co ordinate anything else around that release.

I guess I need to put my TA on alert for Utopia. 😉   Although I'm a cheapskate when it comes to stomaching the prices for the first year of sailings, but hey, you never know. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Was I wrong in hearing that the newer ships were being designed to also tender within the O class? Heard it a few times, but I don't know whether its just talk or fact.

Ship is too big and technically getting bigger.  Not to mention Allure is definitely not a newer Oasis class.  

Edited by island lady