Testing could be changing again as of the 14th

42 minutes ago, CoffeeBoy said:

RCCL needs to get it together. NCL, Oceania, Regent just implemented clear guidelines. For sailings after September 3rd, unvaccinated adults can sail with a test from US ports.

RCCL's guidelines are about as clear as Ganges river water.

Royals guidelines say 12 and over need a vaccine to sail. 

Everyone needs a test 3 days prior to embarkation on trips 6 days or longer 

Trips 5 days or shorter require no tests for vaccinated individuals. 

All guidelines at the discretion of destination protocols. 

seems pretty clear to me  

• Like 5

On 8/5/2022 at 6:20 AM, Ret MP said:

Yep, exactly right.  That's why everyone shouldn't rely on one call to one person.  Call several times at different times and talk to different people. If you inconsistent answers, ask for a manager or supervisor.  Also, check their own official website (FAQs).  I not only check the website, I copy and print it, just prior to sailing.  Use their own words against them if they try to play games at the terminal.  It worked for met at Pier 91 in Seattle, last May, when the terminal security employees tried to tell me that I couldn't take my drone on the ship.  I had the info on paper stating that I could, I just couldn't fly it while on the ship.   

Mp's and their toys😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

seems pretty clear to me  

When did testing change to 3 days ? 

seems pretty clear to me  

They're going to change it to allow unvaccinated adults to sail. The CEO has confirmed it on his Facebook page, but they are taking their time with the rest of the company.

1 minute ago, CoffeeBoy said:

They're going to change it to allow unvaccinated adults to sail. The CEO has confirmed it on his Facebook page, but they are taking their time with the rest of the company.

Hoping no testing for vaccinated also starting 8/14 :)

• Like 2

seems pretty clear to me  

That included cruise in EU? 
I did check the App for our Copenhagen sailing Aug 28 , still showing 2 days , but show you need testing to enter Denmark , but Denmark dropped testing July 4 th

25 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Today, but not if your cruise goes to Canada or Bermuda it is still 2 days.

Not entirely true - as of today our European cruise leaving out of Rome is still 2 days as well.

33 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

What is not clear is if you do a B2B that is a 3 day and a 4 day, do you need to be tested.  Both cruises are less then 6, but the B2B total is 6 or more.

There is no "is".  Absolutely nothing is clear these days about this total madness in the entire world (not just cruising which is, by the way, the best place to be on), and it is not any cruise line's fault whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

That included cruise in EU? 
I did check the App for our Copenhagen sailing Aug 28 , still showing 2 days , but show you need testing to enter Denmark , but Denmark dropped testing July 4 th

1 hour ago, zebra said:

Not entirely true - as of today our European cruise leaving out of Rome is still 2 days as well.

These rules are North American embarkations only. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

seems pretty clear to me  

This would seem to differ,

2 hours ago,  Mactanash said: 

As I have mentioned - A few days ago RC's Vax accommodation dept. sent me as well as the rest of my traveling party that we (all unvaccinated) will be allowed on our upcoming cruise - no exemption needed.  

4 hours ago, CoffeeBoy said:

RCCL's guidelines are about as clear as Ganges river water.

Huh, I found them fairly easy to understand...  Sure, I'd prefer a blanket policy like NCL just rolled out, but then again, I'm only concerned with what impacts my upcoming cruise.  I don't care about what's happening for anyone else's... 😉

26 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

This would seem to differ,

2 hours ago,  Mactanash said: 

As I have mentioned - A few days ago RC's Vax accommodation dept. sent me as well as the rest of my traveling party that we (all unvaccinated) will be allowed on our upcoming cruise - no exemption needed.  

Of course no one has ever received bad information from Royal Caribbean customer service or an email. 

The official policy published on the website and confirmed by several services within the industry is “12 and over require vaccination”. This is as of today; tomorrow may be different 

Edited by not-enough-cruising

54 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Interesting, the app has changed over the last day and all the stuff related to the Vaccine verification is gone now for my sailing on Sept 4th. Might be a sign of imminent changes coming.

7CC5C24D-A29F-44B8-9B4F-0C47400779DD.thumb.jpeg.cb2d324b3aeceb930993e5252f64eaba.jpeg

Disappeared on mine too for my September 17th sailing. I wonder if it goes away after your vaccination status is verified by your upload of your card. When I go to the app  the health and safety window still says negative test result needed 3 days before sailing. One can hope but I'm not counting on it changing just yet.

5 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Interesting, the app has changed over the last day and all the stuff related to the Vaccine verification is gone now for my sailing on Sept 4th. Might be a sign of imminent changes coming.

7CC5C24D-A29F-44B8-9B4F-0C47400779DD.thumb.jpeg.cb2d324b3aeceb930993e5252f64eaba.jpeg

My app for my Southampton sailing on 9/4 has also removed the approved vaccination line.  Could be global changes ahead, not just USA 🤞

2 hours ago, little britain said:

My app for my Southampton sailing on 9/4 has also removed the approved vaccination line.  Could be global changes ahead, not just USA 🤞

We are also on that one. Not bothered about vaccination status as we are both fully vaxxed, but would welcome some news on testing as we need to sort that soon. We used Randox test at home for Celebrity in July....oops, but it was accepted at Southampton.