Testing could be changing again as of the 14th

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That's all well and good for you if you don't have any symptoms that effect you BUT what about when you infect someone onboard that for them the symptoms are much more severe. For some even life threatening? Do we go with that and just say well it doesn't effect me the heck with ever one else? Your on your own theory?

Well, let's crack open this nut.  First, I'm not responsible for someone who is at high risk who decides to cruise (or do anything else).  They are.  Second, lots of people are exposed on a regular basis and no one tests to go shopping, out to eat, to movies, etc. Everyone is responsible for themselves and just like they've always done, anyone at high risk of any illness needs to take care of themselves.  Testing is far from perfect.  I understand you're afraid, but by your argument no one should go anywhere or do anything without testing first in case they might expose someone.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 6

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That's all well and good for you if you don't have any symptoms that effect you BUT what about when you infect someone onboard that for them the symptoms are much more severe. For some even life threatening? Do we go with that and just say well it doesn't effect me the heck with ever one else? Your on your own theory?

This ain't your 2020 COVID.  Even if asymptomatic super-spreaders were a real thing, they aren't now.  What if I have the cold virus or even the flu, but I have no symptoms?  And what if I get on the ship and pass it to others who have health problems and it makes them very sick?  We don't bother testing for those things, so why COVID?  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChC said:

Don't hold your hopes high. Europe/Canada has a different mind set in dealing with public health issues. And the vaccinate rate is generally higher in Europe (Maybe Canada too?). Booster requirement or 270 days vaccinate requirement was proposed by EU not long ago, and with the anticipating winter surge and another round of booster coming in September, I will be really surprised to see Europe drop to the low level of requirement seen in the USA. My humble guess is that vaccination requirement will be in place in Europe until summer of 2023, testing may be relaxed for boosters administrated within 3 months of boarding. Beyond that, I don't see any major changes in European departures.

I could be misunderstanding the NCL website and the travel requirements, but testing requirements are no longer needed unless sailing from Greece.  Norwegian Cruise Line | Sail Safe | Health & Safety Protocols (ncl.com)

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Take the test no matter what, do you really want to board the ship and infect others if you are positive.  What's the big deal take the simple test.

Jimbo, by this logic, we should all test each and everytime we leave our homes.  

We wouldn’t want to infect the other patrons and staff at Waffle House either.  Don’t ever get a haircut without a test. Think of the poor barber.

I, personally test each morning before I leave for work and each evening when I return home.  That way, I am protecting everyone I meet.  I feel so much better about myself now.😆

jc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If your immune system is that bad that any virus would be life threatening for you, you should not be going places with many people. Why only now are we concerned over this when they knew before covid that any illness could affect them, and affect them badly? 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

I prefer a new thread every time a meaningful change or notice is made rather than trying to sift through 14 pages of pissing matches on a prior post to see if there are any new developments.  

And I agree - best to have new threads as every thread shifts from sharing news to stating opinions very quickly...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BND said:

Well, let's crack open this nut.  First, I'm not responsible for someone who is at high risk who decides to cruise (or do anything else).  They are.  Second, lots of people are exposed on a regular basis and no one tests to go shopping, out to eat, to movies, etc. Everyone is responsible for themselves and just like they've always done, anyone at high risk of any illness needs to take care of themselves.  Testing is far from perfect.  I understand you're afraid, but by your argument no one should go anywhere or do anything without testing first in case they might expose someone.

Not scared to go out, we still go out. But do so wisely, we don't go anywhere where are near anyone else for a time greater then 10 or 15 minutes at a time.  Granted working from home helps greatly.

So we aren't sitting with strangers around us eating for hour  and 15 minutes or more like in the Main Dining Room or 45 minutes in a theatre on a cruise ship.

If we go to a ball game at home, we sit in the stands away from people etc.

Grocery shopping, in and out in 15 minutes, never wait in the long lines, use self check outs.

Unlike some we are a lot my thoughtful of others. Probably more then a lot on this board and yes we do test ourselves once in a while and have no issue when doing  it.

People should just self test when going on vacations at this time I think no matter what kind of vacation it is.  It's just the kind thing to do for others.

Just when it comes to testing like the cruise lines want just do it without putting up a fuss. If you want to cruise you just do what the cruise lines want. If you don't want to follow their rules stay home. It's so easy.

Why is everyone so against what the cruise lines  thinks is best at this time. When they feel it's not needed then we all go  with that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rudeney said:

This ain't your 2020 COVID.  Even if asymptomatic super-spreaders were a real thing, they aren't now.  What if I have the cold virus or even the flu, but I have no symptoms?  And what if I get on the ship and pass it to others who have health problems and it makes them very sick?  We don't bother testing for those things, so why COVID?  

Because Royal makes the rules for their cruise line. You don't want to follow them you go elsewhere. It's that easy.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Not scared to go out, we still go out. But do so wisely, we don't go anywhere where are near anyone else for a time greater then 10 or 15 minutes at a time.  Granted working from home helps greatly.

So we aren't sitting with strangers around us eating for hour  and 15 minutes or more like in the Main Dining Room or 45 minutes in a theatre on a cruise ship.

Grocery shopping, in and out in 15 minutes, never wait in the long lines, use self check outs.

Unlike some we are a lot my thoughtful of others. Probably more then a lot on this board and yes we do test ourselves once in a while and have no issue when doing  it.

People should just self test when going on vacations at this time I think no matter what kind of vacation it is.  It's just the kind thing to do for others.

Just when it comes to testing like the cruise lines want just do it without putting up a fuss. If you want to cruise you just do what the cruise lines want. If you don't want to follow their rules stay home. It's so easy.

Why is everyone so against what the cruise lines  thinks is best at this time. When they feel it's not needed then we all go  with that.

Everyone should do what is comfortable for them and NOT have anything mandated. I have gatherered with friends and family since May 2020. When the restaurants opened we ate inside and out. When the hair and nail salons opened, I was the first one to be there. Since May of 2021 when masks were lifted and many things opened, I gathered in large crowds, unvaccinated. Never thought once of getting sick or getting anyone else sick as if they were not comfortable around others, they would not be there or maybe should NOT be there. I have only tested for work when made to. I only vaccinated for a cruise. I would not have had to for any other reason in my life. I have worn a mask once in the last 3 months and just for a doctors appointment. 

I assure you that no one was this concerned about anyone else before this and it is all shoved down our throats how horrible we are if we are not.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

All anyone needs to do is read your posts to see you are afraid.  BTW, you do know you don't need to be around someone for even 10 minutes to catch the newer less serious strains that are circulating now, right?  So, while what you're doing may make you feel good,  it really doesn't make any difference.

Edited by BND
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Because Royal makes the rules for their cruise line. You don't want to follow them you go elsewhere. It's that easy.

Yes, they do, and I will follow them because I want to cruise.  It does seem like those rules are changing quickly.  I understand you are very concerned about COVID, so you should keep doing what you feel is best for you, just don't try to force those feelings on others when the rest of the world has come out of the "fog" of 2020 COVID.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Unvaccinated CHILDREN 

Royal Caribbean said, “For those clients booked after August 14, 2022, please await the specific protocol details from us related to those sailings.”

The cruise line is starting to transition to allowing more unvaccinated passengers to sail, which will be a gradual process. Royal Caribbean President Michael Bayley recently said, “We will also continue to operate highly vaccinated cruises with a vaccinated population greater than society. This continues to exempt kids 12 and under.

Read Also: Four Royal Caribbean Cruise Ships Redeploy Due to Speed Regulations

Bayley continued, We will also welcome unvaccinated guests over 12 and guests with a certificate of recovery within 90 days to travel keeping in mind our ships will typically sail with 80 percent plus vaccinated guests onboard.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

when I called Royal, because I did not get an email to update me on testing requirements for our Aug. 15th 4 night cruise, I was told we need to test.  When I asked WHY he just kept saying  for the sail date of the 15th.  I asked about the website stating that no test was needed for shorter sailings and he continued to say for sailings on the 15th.  Not sure what is happening but I am testing regardless of what I am told.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gromitsfamily said:

when I called Royal, because I did not get an email to update me on testing requirements for our Aug. 15th 4 night cruise, I was told we need to test.  When I asked WHY he just kept saying  for the sail date of the 15th.  I asked about the website stating that no test was needed for shorter sailings and he continued to say for sailings on the 15th.  Not sure what is happening but I am testing regardless of what I am told.  

Call back if you want a different answer lol.  The reps only know what they can look up or remember. It's very likely he had no idea.  Go by the post above (#88) which is an official statement from Royal.

I haven't seen this addressed yet....

I have a b2b booked. 

First leg is 5 days, 2nd is 8 days. From what I understand, Royal is not testing for the 2nd leg. Correct?

With this new announcement am I also correct that I don't need to be tested for either leg?

1 hour ago, BND said:

Every now and then we can have a common thread.  And this is a very thick thread that we can agree with.  Yes yes and yes!  Totally agree!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I haven't seen this addressed yet....

I have a b2b booked. 

First leg is 5 days, 2nd is 8 days. From what I understand, Royal is not testing for the 2nd leg. Correct?

With this new announcement am I also correct that I don't need to be tested for either leg?

Well, if you go by their rules of no testing for a 5 day and no testing in between b2b's then I'd say yes.  Those rules really go a long way towards no testing at all.  

23 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

In reading between the lines, it seems to me that the possible announcement coming August 14 will be more relative to unvaccinated guest's than further relaxed testing requirements.  

I think people read into it what they want to read.  I see it as relaxing testing rules.

19 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:
As the cruise sector continues to evolve and adapt to an everchanging environment, we look forward to moments where we can share progressive movement. While continuing to prioritize the health and safety of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit, we are excited to begin transitioning to a point that more closely aligns with other travel and hospitality sectors. With that, we are pleased to announce the easing of test requirements for most U.S. itineraries.

Testing Update: For your clients sailing from the U.S. August 8 -  August 14th, 2022: 
  • Fully vaccinated guests will only have to show a test result at boarding if the sailing is 6 nights or longer.
  • Unvaccinated children will still need to show a test result to board all sailings, regardless of length. However, they will not need to test again at the terminal.
  • Guests will now have the same test standard, regardless of vaccination status: You can show a negative test result from a supervised PCR or antigen test taken within 3 days of boarding day. 
This revision does not apply to guests whose itinerary visits Canada or Bermuda. These clients will still need to follow our current testing protocols until further notice.

Please note that guests confirmed on U.S. sailings departing on or before August 7, 2022, should adhere to protocols previously communicated.

For those clients booked after August 14, 2022, please await the specific protocol details from us related to those sailings. 

As we begin to transition to a point where everyone, regardless of vaccination status, will be able to sail with us once again, we continue to work closely with our destination partners. Additional information will soon follow, however, until then, current vaccine guidance remains unchanged.

Where was this originally posted?

16 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The updated protocols, if you continue to scroll down on the website, clearly

states “all passengers over the age of 12 are required to be fully vaccinated”. 

NOTHING has changed with regards to vaccine requirements. 

It's cute!  What a mess!!!  Anyone else feels fool for last 21,000 hours?

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

This is what I've always thought, too.  I'm making sure I don't bring an infection to OTHER people.  That's also why I wear a mask on board the ship most of the time, only then it's a 50-50 protection:  I am protecting myself from picking up respiratory infections and/or COVID, too.

I am continuously puzzled why people get upset about pre-cruise testing.  I could see the expense for a family, and PCR tests for kids.  But, with BinaxNOW I was spending about $35 each on the test, with my iphone, from anywhere I was in the world 2 calendar days before I cruised.  Now, it appears OnPoint does telehealth testing with the government's free tests, so the price is now down to $20 - $30.  This all falls into my category of "miscellaneous travel expenses" like Uber.

I look at it like I did when luggage was limited to 50 lbs or pay a fee.  Or, drink pricing and gratuities got more expensive.  It's part of cruising.

(She posts, with a puzzled look on her face, and mentally scratching her head.)

Edited by pcur
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1