Testing could be changing again as of the 14th

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Yeah, the folks at the call center are always right. 

Yep, exactly right.  That's why everyone shouldn't rely on one call to one person.  Call several times at different times and talk to different people. If you inconsistent answers, ask for a manager or supervisor.  Also, check their own official website (FAQs).  I not only check the website, I copy and print it, just prior to sailing.  Use their own words against them if they try to play games at the terminal.  It worked for met at Pier 91 in Seattle, last May, when the terminal security employees tried to tell me that I couldn't take my drone on the ship.  I had the info on paper stating that I could, I just couldn't fly it while on the ship.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lane Hog said:

This is going to be a moving target for the next couple months... why we need a new thread every other day is beyond me.

Some of us are leaving this month so it is very helpful as I didn't know about the 14th and we are leaving on the 21st so hoping the testing ceases or unsupervised by then for less stress 🙂

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Gromitsfamily said:

I just called Royal and my 4 night cruise on the Navigator on Aug. 15th I have to test.  I am vaccinated.  

Now that does not make sense? I thought no testing for short (5 day) cruises.

Edited by sandebeach

35 minutes ago, ChC said:

Don't hold your hopes high. Europe/Canada has a different mind set in dealing with public health issues. And the vaccinate rate is generally higher in Europe (Maybe Canada too?). Booster requirement or 270 days vaccinate requirement was proposed by EU not long ago, and with the anticipating winter surge and another round of booster coming in September, I will be really surprised to see Europe drop to the low level of requirement seen in the USA. My humble guess is that vaccination requirement will be in place in Europe until summer of 2023, testing may be relaxed for boosters administrated within 3 months of boarding. Beyond that, I don't see any major changes in European departures.

Have you been to Europe lately 

We were  Amsterdam in  May , just about no one Cares about Covid there , none of the northern countries have any testing requirements,

we have a cruise this month starting in Copenhagen, Denmark , Norway , Iceland and Greenland have no requirements about test , so why do we need to be tested , it is a RCL requirement 

also it hard and hard to find testing sites in Copenhagen 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

It is bizarre that they’ve changed nothing in Europe when other lines have. 

Agreed!  Pretty much every country that Royal visits has removed testing.  So why is Royal still requiring testing and only letting up on vaccine mandates?  

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Agreed!  Pretty much every country that Royal visits has removed testing.  So why is Royal still requiring testing and only letting up on vaccine mandates?  

I think the answer is: RCL and the other cruise lines have had 10 million passengers since restart and they're aware what causes the most illness.

Testing makes more sense than vaccinations, if you want to try to curb the spread a tiny bit.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gromitsfamily said:

I just called Royal and my 4 night cruise on the Navigator on Aug. 15th I have to test.  I am vaccinated.  

Did they say why?  It’s less than 5 nights and appears to only go to Mexico (and California).

12 hours ago, Lane Hog said:

This is going to be a moving target for the next couple months... why we need a new thread every other day is beyond me.

I prefer a new thread every time a meaningful change or notice is made rather than trying to sift through 14 pages of pissing matches on a prior post to see if there are any new developments.  

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Take the test no matter what, do you really want to board the ship and infect others if you are positive.  What's the big deal take the simple test.

Should they take a test for every other illness that they have no symptoms of just because? The testing needs to stop as it is just way too stressful for many.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Take the test no matter what, do you really want to board the ship and infect others if you are positive.  What's the big deal take the simple test.

I have free tests where I can self tests no stress, no appointment  the supervised testing is getting harder to find for free. I'm not booking until its gome. Just tired of having to go out and get tested. I have 6 free tests .. and 2 I cant find at home. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I have free tests where I can self tests no stress, no appointment  the supervised testing is getting harder to find for free. I'm not booking until its gome. Just tired of having to go out and get tested. I have 6 free tests .. and 2 I cant find at home. 

You can do it online for very cheap. I just booked for 4 people, $76.

6 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Should they take a test for every other illness that they have no symptoms of just because? The testing needs to stop as it is just way too stressful for many.

Why is taking the test so stressful? I don't get it. If I turn out positive I don't want to get on a  cruise ship anyway. Rather deal with symptoms  at home then in a 175ft square ft cabin on a cruise ship.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Why is taking the test so stressful? I don't get it. If I turn out positive I don't want to get on a  cruise ship anyway. Rather deal with symptoms  at home then in a 175ft square ft cabin on a cruise ship.

In my case, it's stressful because if I test positive after I get to Copenhagen, (travel starts 3 days before so any test I take before I leave doesn't count), I can't cruise; and I have to get home from Copenhagen.  🙂

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It's really not necessary to test for most people.  Just treat the symptoms IF you have any.  A lot of workplaces now are allowing people back to work after 5 days without fever or symptoms such as bad cough even if they don't test neg yet.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Because we have 4 people and any one of us could be asymptomatic and ruin our entire vacation that has been planned for years. 

I agree I would rather be home if I was sick but if I had NO symptoms just like every other illness that might affect others, it should not be mandatory.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, flamingos said:

In my case, it's stressful because if I test positive after I get to Copenhagen, (travel starts 3 days before so any test I take before I leave doesn't count), I can't cruise; and I have to get home from Copenhagen.  🙂

I understand, just maybe still not a good time to cruise from overseas right now just because of that situation. I wouldn't chance it, not worth it in my opinion. Good Luck to you though, hope it turns out well for you.

10 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Precisely why we have put off another Med cruise until testing requirements are done away with.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I understand, just maybe still not a good time to cruise from overseas right now just because of that situation. I wouldn't chance it, not worth it in my opinion. Good Luck to you though, hope it turns out well for you.

Well, it's been two years in the making after the first two cancelled.  We're laying low for the next two weeks to avoid contact, just to be safe.  

17 minutes ago, BND said:

It's really not necessary to test for most people.  Just treat the symptoms IF you have any.  A lot of workplaces now are allowing people back to work after 5 days without fever or symptoms such as bad cough even if they don't test neg yet.  

That's all well and good for you if you don't have any symptoms that effect you BUT what about when you infect someone onboard that for them the symptoms are much more severe. For some even life threatening? Do we go with that and just say well it doesn't effect me the heck with ever one else? Your on your own theory?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2