Ice Tea, who knew there wouldn’t be any?

Tank412

Just got back today off the Summit and had a great cruise. My only complaint was the lack of non alcoholic drinks. They ran out of ice tea after 2 days, most of the time you had to try several places for a diet soda. I have been on several cruises and never had these problems before. Is this a Celebrity thing or a post Covid thing?

26 minutes ago, Tank412 said:

Just got back today off the Summit and had a great cruise. My only complaint was the lack of non alcoholic drinks. They ran out of ice tea after 2 days, most of the time you had to try several places for a diet soda. I have been on several cruises and never had these problems before. Is this a Celebrity thing or a post Covid thing?

Definitely not a Celebrity thing. Usually they are well stocked.

My only comment is, if there were tea bags, ice and lemon available, then iced tea was available one has to work make it...

Just think, if they did not have any lemonade available, the work you would have to do to get some!!! LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

My only comment is, if there were tea bags, ice and lemon available, then iced tea was available one has to work make it...

Just think, if they did not have any lemonade available, the work you would have to do to get some!!! LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

My exact thought..

• Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Glad I didn't read anything about running out of beer, wine and other liquors. 🍻

I read somewhere, maybe Celebrity’s board, that they’ve run out of some of the premium wines sold by the glass. some were told they had to buy a bottle of the premium wines that were sold by the bottle only, and other cases of the bar staff opening the bottle only wine and served it.

1 minute ago, grandgeezer said:

I read somewhere, maybe Celebrity’s board, that they’ve run out of some of the premium wines sold by the glass. some were told they had to buy a bottle of the premium wines that were sold by the bottle only, and other cases of the bar staff opening the bottle only wine and served it.

I'm sorry, what did you say...😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I can understand no canned ice tea, but no real ice tea in the Oceanview or Restaurant is unbelievable!

I know what you are saying but calling the ice tea in Oceanview "real" is a bit of a stretch 😀.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I can understand no canned ice tea, but no real ice tea in the Oceanview or Restaurant is unbelievable!

Ugh.  That stuff at the taps is pretty awful.  Agree on the Al Bacio suggestion.

38 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What is this "diet" soda people are talking about???  Is that the kind of soda you drink more of if you are on a diet?

NO, it’s the kind that u must drink if you are diabetic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I know what you are saying but calling the ice tea in Oceanview "real" is a bit of a stretch 😀.

I completely agree.  The "tea" in Oceanview is not "real" ice tea.  I also go to Cafe Al Bacio and have them make me a fresh brewed iced tea!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, luv2camp04 said:

I completely agree.  The "tea" in Oceanview is not "real" ice tea.  I also go to Cafe Al Bacio and have them make me a fresh brewed iced tea!

Well if it’s not sweet tea you can pour it down the drain.  The South shall rise again!!!  🥸

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Tank412 said:

They ran out of ice tea after 2 days, most of the time you had to try several places for a diet soda. I have been on several cruises and never had these problems before. Is this a Celebrity thing or a post Covid thing?

It's a diabolical plot to get you to purchase the drink package on board.  Next, there may be a shortage of water from the taps and taking showers with bottles San Pellegrino to rinse your hair.  Will it ever end??   

Do I need to add a 😏

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I have always made my own ice tea, bringing some of my special tea bags too!  Hope they keep having lemons.  Yes, for me, it is a mainstay.

Lastdance, my DW is bringing her special ice tea bags for our upcoming cruise. There is no real ice tea aboard unless its from a can (maybe) or fresh brewed from Cafe Al Bacio.

• Thanks 1