Captain’s Corner

We were on Oasis in May, Voyager in July and  Allure the week before last.  There was no Captain’s Corner on any of them.  Guest services said they were stopped during the pandemic.  The pandemic is largely over, anyone hear when Captain’s Corner is resuming?

We’ve had a captains corner on  every cruise (Harmony, Mariner,Allure, Indy), since our return to sailing, about a year. They even fit one  in on a short Indy 4 night cruise. 

Op- I hope you will have one on your next cruise. 

m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had Captain's Corner on nearly every cruise since the restart, 19 and counting.  Not every cruise had a Captain's Corner but many did.

I suspect it may come down to the Captain and/or how the virus is trending on that ship.  

Some Captain's have been very social during the restart.  Most have attended Top Tier events.  Most offer a brief speech in the Cheers with an Officer event.  Some have made a point of visiting guests in places like the Pinnacle Lounge while other Captains are less visible during the cruise.   

I think it comes down their personal choices and risk acceptance during their contract or presence on a ship. YMMV.

None on EN in Apr or July.  I think we had one in Dec on HOTS, but not 100% sure.  We always go.  The most entertaining part is some of the questions people ask or statements they make.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

We had one on Harmony end of April and Captain Johnny was amazing as always.

Captain Johnny is always worth a Q&A visit!

We had them on Adventure (May) and Oasis (Jun).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Captain Johnny is always worth a Q&A visit!

We had them on Adventure (May) and Oasis (Jun).

We’re hoping Capt Johnny is on bird for our December Harmony, he’s so personable 

I missed there being a Captain's talk on my recent Enchantment cruise.  I don't even know the Captain's name or what he looks like.  His picture was not with the other crew pictures.  And I did not get an invite to the Crown and Anchor Reception where he might have been.  I put this in my survey that I would like to see the return of the Captain's Talk.

4 hours ago, awhfy said:

We’re hoping Capt Johnny is on bird for our December Harmony, he’s so personable 

He started rotation earlier this month, so will be on for awhile then rotate out, then return by around mid-December I think. 

Are they 10 week rotations? If so, that would estimate his return around 12/18.

Edited by robmtx

On 8/30/2022 at 11:22 PM, Airbear232 said:

We were on Oasis in May, Voyager in July and  Allure the week before last.  There was no Captain’s Corner on any of them

Too bad there wasn't one on VY.  We were on her in August and Captain Carl was hilarious.  Great Captains corner.

• Thanks 1