The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 6th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Fight Procrastination Day, Read a Book Day, and Great Egg Toss Day

Do what you feel in your heart to be right for you'll be criticized anyway.--Eleanor Roosevelt

Meal Suggestion for today - Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa
Drink of the Day - Don Francisco Margarita
Wine of the Day - Waterbrook 2019 Malbec (Columbia Valley (WA)) Colu
Destination of the Day - Portree (Isle of Skye), Scotland, United Kingdom

Eurodam

Glacier Bay, Alaska - Icy Strait Point, Hoonah, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 20:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 08:30 - 18:30

Nieuw Statendam

Saguenay, Quebec Canada 08:00 - 17:00

Noordam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 07:00 - 15:00

Oosterdam

Dubrovnik, Croatia, Port Cruz 08:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Lerwick, Mainland Shetland, Scotland eta 09/07

Westerdam

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 21:00

Zaandam

Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada 08:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 09/07

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0906World.thumb.png.301498e5179584b2fbfcc5f9c8155c39.png

• Like 31
  • Thanks 10

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

It should be a nice day here, high of 25C (77F) and sunny.   It's back to school here in Ontario.

I fight procrastination every day, I love to read books.  Not sure about tossing eggs, that sounds messy.

Love the quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.  I'm sure I'll like the drink and the wine.

We haven't been to today's port, but should be there next year.  Thanks in advance for pictures and comments.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 28

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  I’m procrastinating getting out of bed and getting ready for work.  I would like nothing better than to read a book instead.  I doubt that I’ll be tossing eggs today.  I like today’s quote; it’s so true.  The meal and drink suggestions are very tempting.  Haven’t been to today’s port, I’ll bet there are some nice photos of it.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to all of you celebrating happy events today!

• Like 26

Thank you for the Tuesday report, Rich.  I think I'm losing the fight against procrastination, enjoy books, but would not dare try to toss an egg.  I see a lot of truth in Roosevelt's quote.  I don't think I've been to Isle of Skye.  I'll pass on the meal.

Today’s care list:

RIP Baltimore Fire Captain Anthony Workman 9/2/22
RIP luvteaching’s friend Waybe 9/3/22 and strength for Karen
Marshhawk’s friend Jessee with throat cancer
Allen with TIA
Horizon Chaser 1957 needing new treaatment for arthritis
The locks at Ijmuiden(Rotterdam diverted to at least 9/18)
Cruisin Terri leak situation
From the rotation:
Heartgrove’s Sam severely declining
Strength and healing (physical and emotional) for Kazu
Tana with persistent problems although somewhat better
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Rowsby in Hawaii until 9/28
Tiogacruiser stepping up to cover wines  for cat shepard
6 days for Marshhawk (Ecstasy 9/12 to 9/22)
5 days for Vict0riann (Nieuw Amsterdam 9/11 to 9/25)
0106 covering menus while Dfish hunts for forever home
Jessee back home
luvteaching (Eurodam to 9/10). cat shepard (Nieuw Amsterdam  to 9/11), Vax1700 (Rotterdam  to 9/11), and Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 9

It’s Taco Tuesday; Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa! The word taco comes from the Nahuatl word 'tlahco' which means “half or in the middle”, referring to the way it is formed. Delicious and historic, the taco forms part of the cultural and gastronomic diversity of Mexico.

I think the most important part of today’s recipe is the mango salsa.  Although you can buy it in a jar, it is very easy to make.  Many people are intimidated by cutting up a mango.  It is really very easy. First, slice the cheeks, or large sides off the mango then slice around the pit on the smaller sides. Set pit aside. Next, take one large side of the mango and slice both vertically and horizontally into a grid pattern, but don’t slice through the peel.  Finally, using a large spoon, scoop the diced mango cubes from the peel.

You'll need only six basic ingredients to make mango salsa: ripe mangos, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño and lime. The best part of making your own salsa is you can make it how you like it.  Leave out the jalapeño if you don’t like spicy.  Sub parsley for cilantro if you don’t like the taste. Here’s a simple recipe. https://cookieandkate.com/fresh-mango-salsa-recipe/

Super fresh and colorful mango salsa! cookieandkate.com

This recipe is made with leftover pulled pork.  If you prefer you could use rotisserie chicken.   If you can’t find mangoes, peaches are suggested as a substitution.  I made the salsa using peaches last night, it was delicious.  https://www.restlesschipotle.com/shredded-pork-tacos-with-mango-salsa/ 

Tacos on a white serving dish.

This recipe uses a slow cooker and pork tenderloin. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pork-tacos-with-mango-salsa/ 

Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa

These quick and easy tacos are made with ground pork. https://cooknourishbliss.com/2012/07/13/pork-tacos-with-mango-salsa/ 

Two Ground Pork Tacos on a white plate.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 11

When it comes to fighting, it’s often better to procrastinate. Mrs. Roosevelt is right—my work engenders frequent worry about what people will think and it’s always pointless.

I pass on the menu, cocktail, and wine suggestions, but would like to visit Skye.

I got home just before midnight on Sunday, at which point I had been awake for 24 hours. I fed the Junior Cat, went to bed, and slept for ten hours. Today I woke up at 4:00 a.m.

6FCD3571-4A71-402E-AFBE-75CBF8B29877.thumb.jpeg.587d5be37bd530841a1b194a3249d641.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Haha 8

Thanks for the Fleet Update and other things.

It’s great to be back after lots of repair work around the house. Hear’s a question for all y’all CC members, what idiot said that lightning never strikes twice in the same place? Oh, I know;  Pinocchio. His or her nose (make sure I covered all bases)  was as large as the trees that hit by lightning next to the house. Yes, as you may recall we got hit four weeks ago to the day, I completed all the cleanup on Saturday, and then in the PM got hit by lightning again. This time my TV cable box and huge flat screen tv was fried. Yesterday the cable guy came by to fix the cable box and asked me, “ RedneckBob, did you have a surge protector”, which I replied, “Yes”. I looked at the surge protector closely and it looked like someone had written on it Surge Buster. Maybe I should have not bought it at Dollar Tree Store 😀.

Since this has nothing to do with cruising, you maybe wondering what all this is leading too, I want to make it with you; NO, that’s the song from the singing group Bread, 1970. This is leading to another cruise story diary called:

Say it ain’t Show

Me and the Misses were on the Statendam June 30, 2015, 14 day Alaska cruise, at 5:30 PM. We just were sat down at our table at the Pinnacle Grille. We ordered all our favorites, shrimp cocktail, petite filet, baked potato, mushrooms and our most favorite dessert Baked Alaska. Everything went well until we got to the Baked Alaska. After finishing the main course, we waited and waited and waited for the dessert. After 30 minutes had passed I asked our waiter where was our dessert. He said it would be out in a minute. Well finally after 40 minutes the Baked Alaska was delivered. I cut into it and all the inside ice cream had melted. I called our waiter back and asked him what was this. His reply was, “We have been having problems with the Baked Alaska. Anyway, the dessert is mostly for show!” Well I never saw him again in the PG.

I guess you could say that the dessert was Half Baked!

Have a nice day. RNB 

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

Good morning friends!  This morning at 7 when I checked our weather it was 69F and 96% humidity.  We had a lot of rain last night.  Supposed to be a mix of sun and clouds today and hopefully no rain.  I thought it ironic what our temperature and humidity were because those numbers represent my wedding date 9/6/69.  Today is our 53rd anniversary.  Not sure which meal we will eat out today, lunch or dinner.  We will go with the flow.

Thank you Rich @richwmnfor today's Daily and Fleet Report.  There's a whole passel of ships in Alaska if you take a look at your map.  Interesting days on the list.  I try to fight procrastination but it seems like it's a losing battle for me.  I am just beginning a new book on my Kindle.  There are so many books loaded on there I will never read them all!  Don't think I want to toss any eggs today.  The pork tacos look delicious!  Thanks Tina @0106for taking over the food department for Debbie @dfish.  True quote!  And I love that we have a new port today, Portree on the Isle of Skye in Scotland.  We went there on a beautiful day weatherwise, May 12, 2019.  It was our last Prinsendam cruise.😭  I will come back in a bit with some photos.

Roy @rafinmdthank you for the lists today.  I've prayed for everyone, plus Linda and the Ukrainian people.  What a mess there!  Cheers to all on the wonderful Celebration list.  I'm happy for you all! Special thoughts for Joy @Seasick Sailorand Allen.  Good luck at the testing today.  Also for Terri @Cruzin Terriand her DH as they cope with their flood and the aftermath.  Don't want to forget Tana and Jesse!  

Have a nice day everyone!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich 🙂 

I am definitely fighting procrastination today and all this week.  Enjoy reading but not much time until next week.  The only egg tossing I will be doing is when I peel the hard boiled eggs 😉

That quote of Eleanor’s is ever so true.  Great recipes today @0106.  Love mango salsa.  So good. 

492CB3A5-47B5-4DAC-ABD8-62DA83401DE4.jpeg.e6fd8971a4dee300c5dd5f17dbeacf36.jpeg

Got worn out with cleaning so opted to do my arts and crafts project for Saturday. Will post a pic after the Celebration of Life as someone coming might see it if I post it now 😉 Happy to say it is done as far as I can so that’s another thing off the list 👍 

A9B3EB85-2630-48D9-A936-8324FFC95205.thumb.jpeg.653a5e392d7eb6d4d02162a8cb8dd1aa.jpeg

@kochleffelyou must be SO tired.  I hope you soon feel rested and restored 🤞 You deserve wine tonight!

12E1BE59-B90C-448A-A2D9-D90AF4DB3FDE.jpeg.cab3fa1afb43751b49c2097440454851.jpeg

Looks like another nice day is headed our way.  That means more watering ‘sigh’.  So hoping all the dahlias re-bloom in time 🤞 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Tuesday everyone !!!!!!

823E1918-DF70-49FC-9ADE-592705C3082C.thumb.jpeg.08438b0b4d59b0bfacd5a4f55a270173.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 27
  • Haha 10

Don Francisco Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Hornitos® Plata Tequila
1 part Orange Juice
½ part Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
¾ part Honey Syrup
Salt and Chili Powder (for rim)
Garnish: Orange Wheel,
Edible Marigold

Instructions
Put equal parts salt and chili powder on a plate. Use an orange or lime wedge to wet the rim of the glass, and gently roll it into the salt/chili powder. Combine cocktail ingredients in an ice-filled shaker and shake until well chilled. Shake and strain into your rimmed rocks glass over fresh ice. Garnish with an orange wheel and edible marigold.

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 8.03.17 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

What a wonderful last cruise that was on the Prinsendam in 2019!  We saw many smaller towns as is usual with a small ship.  The weather was outstanding!  Here's a photo of a tender boat heading into shore.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLQWzq5Ii6hgrN6Aame5TfR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789926

I liked the colorful houses lined up along the slopes of the village.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVInTx-1ZLij0xgSdHl4UuJk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794583

We enjoyed our stroll along the winding streets.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnMj_l1la5AN8rT9ZSox21?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790015

The Visitor Center00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIf6l2x3sV8J5FpMVz6pZAw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790031

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJzb33skE-apfFoNLtt7qIY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794588

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIuf4Pc_NNTEzJ3md1EdTMj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790059

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ3gZQg_DYkAPa0ZJkS3Vji?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790069

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJG3iQThtAg5KVDeUhil2Xl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790067

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJDgr1_9qTfn0ash5kv8L1R?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790085

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKA7kVUEQ-bO-D4HISzVrVR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790130

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdFxrLtd1CC2qtaKKyrCvb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790040

Check out that bench00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLPHIorm6ZLiIuf16Pd_wFU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794607

Your typical castle turret hidden up the hill.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJz4D3p_ZmfGH2Op7Y6VDg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790158

Loved this view of the Prinsendam outside the harbor.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJGyNiy42v9hIulFFiKDGR_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790121

Heading back to the tender dock we spotted these men sorting fresh caught crab.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZubVuIzRKsbS7y8PRhHQ2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790151

some photos from the tender ride back00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIrkjU7jbc-s5bv8vdeWJ3t?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790480

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL1gHrU3nAOxuDKFeIYNOhJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790472

Loved our time spent in Portree!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 5

Good morning! It’s going to be another hot muggy day but that’s the way it is in Florida.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Anniversary! 💐🍾 

Not sure I get the tossing eggs but we recently enjoyed the Isle Of Skye and our visit to Scotland.

Got some homework to do for our Thursday night small group Bible study but nothing else on the agenda as of now. Isn’t that what retirement is all about? My neighbor across the street has to be doing something constantly and I get exhausted just watching him!😎

Thoughts, concerns and prayers for all on Roy’s Care List and more. Rich your Daily Report has become much more then your original intent and we thank you for your loyal postings.

Bruce

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Daily Fleet Report!  Woken up by the school bus driver honking for the teenager next door.  I hope the driver doesn't keep that  up for the next 10 months. I'm usually awake well before the time I woke up today, but I spent almost the entire day yesterday reading a book.  I finished it before I went to sleep at 11:30. 

• Like 21

A chilly 44 degrees today. A change of pace my sister is coming up to the lake today with her daughter and boyfriend.  She will stay with us for a few nights to allow the young people to have fun at her cabin, more due up later this week. We winched in the dock yesterday. That is behind us.  I dug several Daylilies for our plant sale.  To save space they are riding home bare root.  Today a Peony and a few more Daylilies. I still have some in bloom and I heard a hummingbird. No color change yet.  

Thanks for the Daily Reports.  All look great! @StLouisCruisersthank you for the photos of the Isle of Skye.  Prayers for all on our Care list.  Much to do in the coming days before returning home on Sunday. Have a great day,!

• Like 24

Good morning from central Texas.  Our weather will be about the same.

I definitely need to fight procrastination and tackle a project I've been putting off for months.  However, I'd much rather read a book instead of tossing eggs.

The Eleanor Roosevelt quote is very true.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink..  i'd like the wine if it's not too pricey.

We have not been to the Isle of Skye.  Thank you , Sandi @StLouisCruisers, for the pictures. 

This morning, I need to run a couple of errands before the stores get crowded.

Lenda

• Like 22