The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday September 11th, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.  Jose’s Celebratio of Life went very well.  My sister and brother in law came back this morning to give me a bit of a hand, help me spread some of his ashes and say good bye.

I’m tired and sad today.  Hopefully I’ll be in better spirits tomorrow and if you like, will share some pics.

Hugs and kisses, Jacqui. 🤗😘

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's regular lists:

Today’s care list:

Rest in Peace Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth 9\8/22
RIP luvteaching’s friend Waybe 9/3/22 and strength for Karen
Western wildfires
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and in denial
Horizon Chaser 1957 needing new treaatment for arthritis
The locks at Ijmuiden(Rotterdam diverted to at least 9/18)
Cruisin Terri leak situation
From the rotation:
strength for luvteaching’s friend Karen
Sandi’s neighbor Linda
Tana with persistent problems although somewhat better
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

good day for Jose’s Celebration of Life
Harry and William walking together
A new Camila photo

Rowsby in Hawaii until 9/28
Cruzin Terry settling into a condo
6 days for norseh20 (Regata 9/17 to 9/25)
5 days for sailingdutchy (Oosterdam 9/16 to 10/10)
1 day for Marshhawk (Ecstasy 9/12 to 9/22)
Bon Voyage Vict0riann (Nieuw Amsterdam 9/11 to 9/25)
Bon Voyage lindaler (Westerdam 9/11 to 9/18)
Welcome home cat shepard, Vmax1700 and grapau27
Welcome back Father David
Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

We have just got home after a 6 hour drive from Southampton.

For home insurance reasons I dare not actually say I am on a cruise but I know you normally guess with the speciality restaurant food photos.

We were on Anthem of the seas for 7 nights.

We visited

La Rochelle.

Bilbao.

La Corunna.

Le Havre.

Graham.

IMG_20220904_145347.jpg

IMG_20220905_122406.jpg

IMG_20220909_141053.jpg

IMG_20220909_142248.jpg

IMG_20220909_142603.jpg

IMG_20220909_142733.jpg

IMG_20220910_125636.jpg

IMG_20220909_080500.jpg

IMG_20220907_185322.jpg

IMG_20220908_103210.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a clear, windy central Texas.  September 11, 2001, is a day we should not forget.  We should add our own @cruising singleand her late DH to the list of those we honor for their work at the site in the aftermath of 9/11.  They both did and are dealing with the consequences of their time helping others.

First responders, who risk their lives for us, deserve to be honored everyday, along with libraries who help us remember.  I also honor the three grandparents who I knew growing up.  They were always there for me when I needed them.

I also was puzzled by today's quote.

The "meal" looks good and refreshing.  We'll pass on the drink, but the wine sounds nice.

@Vict0riann  Fingers crossed 🤞 the ferry runs today and BON VOYAGE!  I know you will have a wonderful cruise.

@lindaler  Linda, wishing you a safe and worry free flight and a wonderful time on the Westerdam.  BON VOYAGE!

@marshhawk  Annie, safe travels today to you and Chuck.  BON VOYAGE! tomorrow for the start of a great cruise.  Thanks for sharing your 9/11 story.

@dfish  Debbie, I can't imagine how hard it was to answer the student's questions when you had no answers.  Good luck with the cleaning and leak repair.

This is what I shared on October 7, 2001, about our two visits to Brest.

The Prinsendam took us to Brest in 2011 and 2017.  The first time was on a Sunday, and almost everything was closed.  After looking at the town center until the shuttle returned, we stopped at the waterfront and then took the shuttle to an old fort that is now a maritime museum.  In 2017, once in town, we road the tram to both ends, and took the gondola across the Penfeld River and back.

Pictures of Brest

DSC00681.thumb.JPG.6313119df67811cb28fd9578fa83bc0c.JPG

P1020247.thumb.JPG.faacc674851ca96f7f452b78dc51fd96.JPG

P1020249.thumb.JPG.0811db4365cac6fe14cd490195b23fb8.JPG

P1020251.thumb.JPG.cfdbb6c27e593fa4aca55c1221ed83b4.JPG

The waterfront area.  The restaurant caught our eye because of the name, but we did not go in.

P1020253.thumb.JPG.ced3f2c35bb268b89edd521bc67eb3f8.JPG

P1020252.thumb.JPG.e40502c469b1a568243f806b6756dbb8.JPG

The maritime museum

P1020260.thumb.JPG.c17d9df29f17b8fd7d2901dec4a16035.JPG

P1020262.thumb.JPG.e24a0ad093fea314987c6b6116b94645.JPG

P1020264.thumb.JPG.ec328eaef2c46866e9b19fb5baf99280.JPG

P1020267.thumb.JPG.30c034da283e75d4d4fbf0943ce99ea4.JPG

Views from the museum

P1020275.thumb.JPG.ce487a0a94a970730e0b3081110ac9ee.JPG

DSC00659.thumb.JPG.b2a3911dd462ac606d7dd1486e81d750.JPG

The gondola and views from the ride

DSC00661.thumb.JPG.d331585f6891ca54fa58b154e8d0f135.JPG

DSC00678.thumb.JPG.2bb3a96597aecaf79415d303f77d9322.JPG

DSC00662.thumb.JPG.d4a31fd837c513414ae1c2ed239e2e78.JPG

The Pont de Recouvrance from the gondola

DSC00664.thumb.JPG.3ccd30ef07eea81eac6e46092cc18f03.JPG

Lenda

Thank you for your nice photos of Brest Lenda.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

It is now 10:03.  At this time the brave passengers and crew of UA 93 overwhelmed their highjackers and the plane crashed in Somerset County PA.

Roy

What those passengers did was unbelievable heroism and patriotism.

• Like 18

57 minutes ago, summer slope said:

I was in my classroom when the planes hit the twin towers.  Another teacher, who knew my DH was in New York, came in and asked if he was in the towers.  I just stared at her.  Then she went on, and Debbie you will appreciate this, that they would be coming after the Ravenna arsenal.  Like Debbie, we had parents come and take their children home.  Very sad day.

They were always coming after the Ravenna Arsenal for some reason or another.  We grew used to it long before 9 11.  I don't think it is used as an arsenal anymore.  For those who don't know, the Ravenna arsenal is an Ohio Army National Guard training camp located near me.  I've driven past it many times.

In remembrance:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyP0JsyvYnA

The Clydesdale Horses in tribute to those we lost on 9 11 and those who rushed into help.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from the mountains near Tucson.  I will never forget 911. I wasn’t working at the time and had the TV on while DS was getting ready for school. He and I sat watching it unfold. Horrific. Thank you to everyone for sharing their own remembrance. 

The girls ended up coming up yesterday morning and Craig took them to the ski lift, however it was so foggy that they didn’t see much. They go home this afternoon because they have school tomorrow. It’s been short but nice having them. 
EB79EA75-3266-4254-AFB0-25093C0006A3.thumb.jpeg.4d6abed96349bfc4f473875ee96be447.jpeg

91EA4954-F42E-406F-B95D-5ACF92598852.thumb.jpeg.ad74a767c814f16ec33119be8e4c0bb4.jpeg

We went for a walk last evening and we saw two deer. They were both trilled. Then we came back and watched the sunset from the upper deck. 
E72BADD5-5589-4CD1-9846-4C86CCAD2664.thumb.jpeg.5e2b5dac38945d4ca30826e80c67b077.jpeg

The TV is still out and won’t be fixed until after we leave tomorrow. I can’t believe today is our last full day here. 

Jacqui @kazu, I am happy to hear that Jose’s celebration of life was a beautiful day. I would love to see any pictures you can share. 

Bon Voyage to everyone sailing today. Have a great day!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

We will and should never forget the horror of 9/11 but I firmly believe that if that is ALL we remember it's a victory for the terrorists.

As Roy said, we should remember more than just the horror of that day. In that spirit, I offer what I have previously posted as a reminder of our shared spirit:

On 9/11/2001, my DH and I were at IAH boarding a flight for GRR when the first plane hit. Then the second plane. Then the Pentagon. Followed by emergency sirens sounding and announcements telling everyone to evacuate the airport.

(And, having grown up with a Strategic Air Command dad, with the Pentagon hit and as the sirens howled I realized that none of what was happening was any accident.)

That started two hours sitting on our luggage with hundreds of others in IAH's parking lot, a four-day delay in Houston, and an almost two-day trip home via Amtrak.

I will never forget the kindness of strangers: 

- Nacogdoches, TX where locals stopped our Amtrak chartered bus to give boxed chicken dinners to us mid-trip as we were being bussed from Houston to Longview to catch a northbound train, 

- Longview, TX where residents brought their patio chairs plus pizza & soda to their town's railroad station (where hundreds waited) as they knew their small train station couldn't seat us nor feed us,

- Little Rock, AR where, at 3AM, people lined mile upon mile of the railroad tracks waving American flags and holding signs of encouragement as they'd heard our northbound train would divert eastbound at Chicago toward NYC,

- St. Louis, MO where locals brought picnic baskets of sandwiches, fruit, cookies & sodas to the station after learning that trains passing through had extra cars added, were loaded with passengers, and the dining car couldn't feed everyone aboard, and

- Chicago, IL -- our new destination with DH's son waiting for us -- but where residents offered free rides to hotels, to the bus station, to other places in the Windy City, and even beyond.

We should never forget, but may we also always remember what we can do together…

-Melisa 

Edited by HAL Sailer
typo
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I’m tired and sad today.  Hopefully I’ll be in better spirits tomorrow and if you like, will share some pics.

Be gentle with yourself @kazu. Take the time you need. We Daily-ites will be here whenever you're ready to share.

-Melisa

Edited by HAL Sailer
fixing @ reference
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

DS ran into the living room as I sat with my coffee and newspaper on 9/11/2001, urging me to turn on the television, a plane had crashed into the Twin Towers in New York. DH was in Los Angeles for a conference, usually he used Amtrak, we were glad that he had driven for this trip as the rail service was disrupted for some time. Best memory from that day was my principal’s calm reactions, she moved a television to the teacher’s workroom and most importantly, assured all of us that she would cover our classes if we needed a break, and reminded us that the two Churches right down the street were open and to let her know if we would leave campus.  🥰

• Like 18

This is a special day for our family,  DH was a first responder who went to NYC to help debrief the NYPD after.  We are forever changed.  We also have good friend who lost a daughter/sister  in the tower, and we have visited the family memorial before the official one was built,  crying buckets.   
NYC will always be in our hearts.  DH spoke at the dedication of a piece of one of the steel girders at our military museum.  Like Roy,  Come from away has forever touched us as well. 

The colours of the sky

542F5552-FF83-4B57-978B-CB75ED640648.jpeg

3939FE61-7E2A-41F0-80C8-30A4284D2102.jpeg

36630ED6-DC7C-4FF7-A2E5-590DA75C48AC.jpeg

4A5DBDA0-9B8C-4755-9127-4960962EC7DA.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 9

46 minutes ago, dfish said:

They were always coming after the Ravenna Arsenal for some reason or another.  We grew used to it long before 9 11.  I don't think it is used as an arsenal anymore.  For those who don't know, the Ravenna arsenal is an Ohio Army National Guard training camp located near me.

As far as anyone knows, it's no longer used as an arsenal -- BUT when the State of Ohio asked the Department of Defense to turn it over to the state, the request was refused, on the ground that the site had irreplaceable strategic value. The strategic value? Cloud cover. If anything is going on there, it can rarely be observed by satellite. The area is one of the least sunny places in the U.S.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

To all today who have posted their precious memories, it is appreciated. Thank you for those mentioning my DH and me.  It has been a hard two-three weeks for me. (Our anniversary date, the date of my DM’s death, the anniversary of my DSis’ death and now today.)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 14

2 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

To all today who have posted their precious memories, it is appreciated. Thank you for those mentioning my DH and me.  It has been a hard two-three weeks for me. (Our anniversary date, the date of my DM’s death, the anniversary of my DSis’ death and now today.)

Sending you our prayers 🙏.

G&P xx

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

As far as anyone knows, it's no longer used as an arsenal -- BUT when the State of Ohio asked the Department of Defense to turn it over to the state, the request was refused, on the ground that the site had irreplaceable strategic value. The strategic value? Cloud cover. If anything is going on there, it can rarely be observed by satellite. The area is one of the least sunny places in the U.S.

Yes, the cloud cover was always mentioned when someone was coming for us.  

• Like 10

Good afternoon, which will a quiet one after a busy morning.  We went to W-M to get a new battery for the golf cart.  DH wanted to look at a RV community similar to ours that was close to the store.  From there, we decided to take the long way home, and saw an area of our county we'd not seen.  

All the stories of what everyone was doing that fateful morning and afterwards have been interesting.  I was in the car on the way to an doctors appointment when I heard the announcement about first plane hitting the twin towers on the radio.  My first thought was a terror attack, but then I thought no, just a small plane had hit the building.  When the second plane hit the other tower, I instantly knew it was terrorists.  I kept the appointment, and a routine appointment turned into a two plus hour visit.  I think I was the only patient that morning.  The doctor, her husband  and staff gathered in her office to watch the reports on tv.  Every once in a while she'd come in and give me an update.  Finally, she realized she needed to do the exam and let me leave.  I had planned to run errands, but when I left the office, ai just wanted to go home.

We were scheduled to fly to Barcelona on 9/13 to spend two weeks touring Spain before boarding the new Golden Princess for her ignaural TA.    We flew to Spain a week later,  through JFK.  Flying into NYC was a surreal experience, as was the flight out of JFK. 

Like the people in the US and Canada, the people we met in Spain could not have been nicer and helpful. I wish we'd learned from those times and kept the spirit and helpfulness of those times alive.

The stories we heard from passengers who were on the ship or boarded in Istanbul on 9/11 were very interesting.  For those who did not want to fly home from Europe, Princess let them stay on board to Ft. Lauderdale at no charge.  For those who had to get home, Princess chartered two large planes, one from Istanbul and one from Athens.  The ship did not sail until the Captain knew the planes were in the air and would not be turning back.

5 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

It has been a long 25 hours so far for our local first responders. The Bolt Creek Fire was first reported about 5:00 AM yesterday (Pacific Time). Our local fire department has only three paid employees, and one of them was already on a fire in Oregon. Volunteers came out in force from up and down the Sky Valley and have been continuously combining efforts with other agencies to fight this fast-moving growing monster. Initially, resources were deployed to get hikers out of the back country. As the fire moved it became evident that evacuation of a few small pockets of houses would be necessary. Resources were deployed to do door-to-door notices and for some structural protection. Some areas jumped straight to a level 3 evacuation notice without any time for the first two levels. 

A few of us did watch-shifts last night in Skykomish to allow for others to sleep. It is getting light now and Skykomish proper has been spared. I got my meds out of my go-bag this morning and we are expecting a more typical Sunday (although power in the area is out for at least a couple more days). Church service at 10, potluck at 11, community care all day.

The fire has moved down valley because of the east winds. Grotto, much of Baring, Index and some other areas have had to evacuate. Level 1 and 2 evacuation notices have gone out as far west as Gold Bar, 20 miles from where the fire began. The fire moved slower overnight as the winds died down a little and the temperatures cooled. Humidity doubled overnight but is way below normal for this area. 

I hope they are getting the fire under control and that everyone is safe.

4 hours ago, irishjim said:

My Wife went  to  Brest on a cruise and it  was a Sunday and everything  was closed really   saw  nothing that  day.  We really hate hate docking

in  ports  on Sundays.   Love your  photos.  

Thank you for your kind words about the pictures.  I know what you mean about some ports on Sundays.

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.  Jose’s Celebratio of Life went very well.  My sister and brother in law came back this morning to give me a bit of a hand, help me spread some of his ashes and say good bye.

Jacqui, I glad everything went well, and that your sister and brother-in-law helped you today.  Rest and recover.  When you are ready, we'd enjoy seeing the pictures.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

We have just got home after a 6 hour drive from Southampton.

For home insurance reasons I dare not actually say I am on a cruise but I know you normally guess with the speciality restaurant food photos.

We were on Anthem of the seas for 7 nights.

We visited

La Rochelle.

Bilbao.

La Corunna.

Le Havre.

Graham.

IMG_20220904_145347.jpg

IMG_20220905_122406.jpg

IMG_20220909_141053.jpg

IMG_20220909_142248.jpg

IMG_20220909_142603.jpg

IMG_20220909_142733.jpg

IMG_20220910_125636.jpg

IMG_20220909_080500.jpg

IMG_20220907_185322.jpg

IMG_20220908_103210.jpg

Welcome home, and thanks for the pictures of the ship.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your nice photos of Brest Lenda.

Graham.

Thanks for your kind words about the pictures.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

They were always coming after the Ravenna Arsenal for some reason or another.  We grew used to it long before 9 11.  I don't think it is used as an arsenal anymore.  For those who don't know, the Ravenna arsenal is an Ohio Army National Guard training camp located near me.  I've driven past it many times.

In remembrance:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyP0JsyvYnA

The Clydesdale Horses in tribute to those we lost on 9 11 and those who rushed into help.

Debbie, thanks for posting the Clydesdales tribute.  Thanks for the explanation of Revenna Arsenal.

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning from the mountains near Tucson.  I will never forget 911. I wasn’t working at the time and had the TV on while DS was getting ready for school. He and I sat watching it unfold. Horrific. Thank you to everyone for sharing their own remembrance. 

The girls ended up coming up yesterday morning and Craig took them to the ski lift, however it was so foggy that they didn’t see much. They go home this afternoon because they have school tomorrow. It’s been short but nice having them. 
EB79EA75-3266-4254-AFB0-25093C0006A3.thumb.jpeg.4d6abed96349bfc4f473875ee96be447.jpeg

91EA4954-F42E-406F-B95D-5ACF92598852.thumb.jpeg.ad74a767c814f16ec33119be8e4c0bb4.jpeg

We went for a walk last evening and we saw two deer. They were both trilled. Then we came back and watched the sunset from the upper deck. 
E72BADD5-5589-4CD1-9846-4C86CCAD2664.thumb.jpeg.5e2b5dac38945d4ca30826e80c67b077.jpeg

The TV is still out and won’t be fixed until after we leave tomorrow. I can’t believe today is our last full day here. 

Jacqui @kazu, I am happy to hear that Jose’s celebration of life was a beautiful day. I would love to see any pictures you can share. 

Bon Voyage to everyone sailing today. Have a great day!

Sharon, I'm glad the girls made it up there yesterdsy.  Safe travels home tomorrow.

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Thanks for the added information about the arsenal.

40 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

I'm sorry the last three weeks have been so difficult, but I can understand why.  I hope things are better soon.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

9-11: Never Forget. I was at work when I heard about a plane striking the WTC. I assumed a small plane, an accident. We turned on the news and I saw the 2nd plane strike in real time. When there was mention of a plane near Pittsburgh, my friends from the UK called to see if I was ok. A terrible day. Then BFF called me from Mexico, where he was for work, and unable to get home for several days. He said people in Mexico were very kind to the Americans there.

A salute to Emergency responders. Libraries are important. I sadly never knew any Grandparents.

Odd quote. I like the "meal", yes to the drink and wine. I'm one of those pumpkin spice people!

I've never been to Brest. Thanks for the photos.

It was rainy overnight and this AM. I got about 1.25". I also slept in late today. Not doing much. I am achy and think it's due to cholesterol meds; I'll have to talk to the Cardiologist.

@grapau27 Thanks for Father David's sermon; just what I needed to hear. I hope he had a good vacation. Welcome home from your cruise. and thanks for the photos.

@rafinmd Thank you for the special 9-11 list.

@smitty34877 Such a cute picture of Miss Camilla yesterday.

@marshhawk Safe travels.

@aliaschief I'm glad to hear your foot feels better.

@HAL4NOW Scary times where you are. Bless you for all you're doing to help.

@Vict0riann Bon Voyage! Have a great time.

@kazu Thanks for checking in. (((Hugs))). Although yesterday's life celebration went well, I'm sure it was hard. Please share pictures when you're up to it.

@cruzn single Prayers for peace for you.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

A picture from Shanksville, PA, site of the downing of Flight 93. This is before any of the current memorial was built. Initially just a chain link fence where people left tributes. All that was on the fence is now inside the museum building.

DSCN0185.thumb.JPG.6917e63a62e00b4b21e50b7a894099c5.JPG

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good Morning All,

Gotta run- due at church in less than an hour.

Today’s wine:

Chateau Smith Cabernet Sauvignon, Washington

Today we have a rather elusive Cabernet. I found it at Total Wine for $21.99

Chateau Smith Cabernet Sauvignon, Washington

Today we have a rather elusive Cabernet. I found it at Total Wine for $21.99

Chateau Smith Cabernet Sauvignon Red Wine stays true to old-world winemaking techniques with award-winning taste. Opening with vibrant aromas of black fruits, such as currant and dark plum, along with pencil lead and forest floor, this red blend is full on the palate with fine tannins that lend support. Crafted with premium wine grapes from the Washington State region, this wine is ready to drink without delay. Charles Smith uses sustainable wine practices and winemaking techniques that bring out the unique characteristics of the Washington State appellation. The star of this red wine blend is cabernet sauvignon, which gives each sip intense flavor, depth, and complexity, with petit verdot and cabernet franc playing delectable supporting roles. These focused, savory notes make this wine the perfect tableside companion for rich dishes like beef bourguignon or lamb chops with balsamic reduction, but it's equally as wonderful for enjoying a glass of wine on its own. Please enjoy our wines responsibly. © 2022 Charles Smith Wines, Prosser, WA

Have a great day everyone!

Chateau Smith is served on HAL ships. It's very good!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

One more 9-11 memory. I was working in Washington, DC in a building close to the State Department. We had just started a meeting when someone dashed into the room and told us all to evacuate the building. Rumors abounded that car bombs were all over the city and the State Dept. was a prime target. When we were allowed to re-enter the building, there were tv sets going so we could see what was happening. The plane had already hit the Pentagon. From our rooftop cafeteria, we could see the smoke rising from the Pentagon for several days. I have a good friend who was on her way to her job at the Pentagon, but got delayed on the Metro. That saved her life because her office was in the area where the plane hit. Many of her coworkers were lost.

We'll never forget.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

ON 09/11/01 I was driving from home in the Ca. high desert to work in Ontario Ca. AT the half way point of the Cajon Pass I was listening to Tim Mc Graw sing My Next 30 Years on KFRG when the dj broke in saying that a plane had crashed into the Twin Towers, he resumed play then a few minutes later came on again saying there was another plan crash into the Twin Towers. As soon as I got to work I turned on my computer and watched what was happening. After a short time I called my husband, told him to get the car ready and finish packing because we were going to have to drive to New Mexico for my parents 65th anniversary party instead of flying the next morning.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

Every time something comes up as 9-11, I remember getting ready for work (West Coast time) and having the tv on. When I see 9-11 on a digital clock I remember.

I can’t believe I missed Sewing Machine day yesterday. Our convention ended late Friday evening and my friends and I flew to Kansas City, MO yesterday so we could visit the Missouri Star Quilt Company stores in Hamilton-quilting capital of the US. Glad they have free shipping when you meet the minimum spend. My suitcase would really be overweight otherwise. Fabric is heavy!

Take care everyone.

• Like 11

Good Evening Everyone,

This day is a tough one, my memories of it are as clear as the day it happened.  I was getting ready for my shift at the emergency department of our local hospital and heard the news on the radio, we then turned on the TV and I saw the awful picture as the 2nd plane flew into the building.  Even though we were across the country our emergency plans were initiated, a surreal feeling to experience.  I knew some of our fire department colleagues who were sent to help and it really affected them.

My Grand children know about 911(none of them were born yet) and I want them to know about all the first responders and other people who stepped up and helped where ever they were needed without thinking twice about it, they are heroes.

My prayers to all who were affected in someway by 911.  We will never forget!

Denise

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

60 Minutes had an excellent program this evening; the whole hour was interviews with and footage of the fire fighters who were lost while saving lives at the Twin Towers.  That morning we had just gotten up and received a call from my DW's brother in Taipei telling us to turn on our TV.  Interesting that he got the news before we did.

Concerning today's wine:  Isn't Charles Smith the name associated with the wine known as "Two Buck Chuck"?

Ray

• Like 5