Is Twice Daily Cabin Service Still Provided on Princess Ships?

Smokeyham

Returning to Princess for the first time since the pandemic I am wondering if twice-daily cabin service is still provided?  I liked this level of service with a "major" cleaning during the day and turndown service at night.  I know many hotel chains have cut back on their daily housekeeping so am wondering if this has also happened on board?

Thanks,

2 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Yes. The steward may ask if you want it. If he doesn't ask and doesn't do it on the first night...request it.

Thanks..... I will be sure to ask when I get on board.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Yes. The steward may ask if you want it. If he doesn't ask and doesn't do it on the first night...request it.

In May on the Island Princess, our steward said policy was one time daily but he'd be happy to do twice if we wanted - we said yes.

Just off Coral, no more choccies or towel animals, sad that. But the steward was still in cabin twice a day for making bed, cleaning bathroom, turn down, ice service, etc. They still do a remarkable job, my steward had 19 cabins.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Just off Coral, no more choccies or towel animals, sad that. But the steward was still in cabin twice a day for making bed, cleaning bathroom, turn down, ice service, etc. They still do a remarkable job, my steward had 19 cabins.

Never had a towel animal. There have been sporadic reports of towel animals...usually from a superior steward or a special occasion.

• Like 1

earlier this year(Jan/Feb sailings) it was not or you could ask for it, but just got off the Sapphire & it happened without asking, the steward also no longer has to wait for 15 minutes after you leave to enter the room...we did not get towel animals (only have one time on Princess) but the steward did help the Stanley's get ready for the next day by setting them up to read the Patter & letter511146430_2022-10-0121_24_38.thumb.jpg.ac4b7c82b842cead395a3ef8b8b0a83b.jpg

• Like 17
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

We've been on the Coral twice (with a 28 day cruise on her scheduled for next spring) and have never had a towel animal.  For that matter we've never had towel animals on any of our over 25 Princess cruises.

I definitely agree that the stewards do a great job and that is with a a significant increase in cabins.  IIRC soon after we first started cruising on Princess in 2007, I was told that the steward had 13 cabins to take care. 

On 10/7/2022 at 1:53 PM, Smokeyham said:

Returning to Princess for the first time since the pandemic I am wondering if twice-daily cabin service is still provided?  I liked this level of service with a "major" cleaning during the day and turndown service at night.  I know many hotel chains have cut back on their daily housekeeping so am wondering if this has also happened on board?

Thanks,

On the cruises I’ve been on I was told you have to ask for it as it was not automatically done. The only thing I received was the Patter.

Tom😀

On 10/7/2022 at 4:21 PM, travelin.sisters said:

earlier this year(Jan/Feb sailings) it was not or you could ask for it, but just got off the Sapphire & it happened without asking, the steward also no longer has to wait for 15 minutes after you leave to enter the room...we did not get towel animals (only have one time on Princess) but the steward did help the Stanley's get ready for the next day by setting them up to read the Patter & letter511146430_2022-10-0121_24_38.thumb.jpg.ac4b7c82b842cead395a3ef8b8b0a83b.jpg

That is lovely!!! ❤️

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 2:55 PM, Loveh2ofl said:

In May on the Island Princess, our steward said policy was one time daily but he'd be happy to do twice if we wanted - we said yes.

Just got off Island.  It was twice per day, except when we told him to skip it.   It seems making headway with the pandemic means things are slowly coming back to normal.  

• Like 2

We just got off of the Grand on September 26th. I swear that our sweet steward was in our cabin 3 times a day. Every time we returned to the cabin, it had been tidied up! The ship was only 50% full, so maybe this had something to do with it. Or, as my detective mind wanders... Maybe he was being aware of signs that we might have covid. He was a sweetheart.

OTOH... We were on the Emerald in May and the steward was in our cabin once a day.

So, we were so surprised by the service on the Grand.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On my couple of cruises last year, the evening service was optional. You could request it for the whole cruise or for particular nights. I requested it just when I had laundry ready to go out. On my cruises in February and August, my cabin stewards did both morning and evening service without my requesting both.

On 10/9/2022 at 4:35 AM, trbarton said:

On the cruises I’ve been on I was told you have to ask for it as it was not automatically done. The only thing I received was the Patter.

Tom😀

I'm assuming you haven't sailed recently