Yacht Club parties or events?

Elsammo46

1 minute ago, travelberlin said:

What is the dress code on those parties for Yacht Club members?

Ivi

Afternoon cocktail party casual....Evening party I can't provide as we didn't attend...but it may have been tied into the ships white theme for that night

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

Afternoon cocktail party casual....Evening party I can't provide as we didn't attend...but it may have been tied into the ships white theme for that night

On Divina last week it was just the suggested dress for that day. YC Director and Butlers were in regular everyday livery. 

Edited by kelleherdl

23 hours ago, mafig said:

I'm wondering that too.  

On our sailing, next week, we'll be docked in San Juan on Halloween.  That seems like a great opportunity for some fun!

We were on the Seashore a few weeks ago. Our stop in San Juan was in the evening and the deck party was held that night along with a buffet dinner by the pool. If you're in SJ at night too your party might be then as well. Sounds like a blast for Halloween.

17 hours ago, travelberlin said:

What is the dress code on those parties for Yacht Club members?

Ivi

Based on our recent (last week) Seashore cruise the dress code is almost non-existent.    Even in the evening you will see some folks wearing shorts and flip flops.   Nobody was dressed like a slob, but "smart casual" seems to have little meaning for some folks.  On the one formal night many folks did dress a little better (at least half the men actually had a jacket) but we only noticed a couple of folks who bothered to "dress up" to anything approaching formal.

Hank

• Thanks 1

Our seashore cruise saw the night of the pool party hit with rain so all was canceled.  We missed the reception with conflicting dinner reservations so have no feedback if YC parties sadly.  Hopefully in Jan we will get the opportunity to experience them. 

Our Seashore Pool Party was more than just a pool party.  It was dinner!  That evening the regular restaurant had very truncated hours (it closed at 8) since most of the staff was focused on the pool "party" which was an expansive buffet.  On our cruise we had near perfect weather.  DW and I were not aware of the shortened restaurant hours, had our usual cocktails in the lounge around 6, and headed up to the restaurant about 8 for dinner.  We were surprised that it was closing (our fault for not reading the schedule) so we continued up to the pool deck for dinner.  Glad we did as we had a great time, shared a table with new-found friends, and enjoyed the excellent buffet.  I truly do not recall much going on other than lots of happy socializing YC folks and our usual amazing staff.  

Hank

• Like 3

Our Divina cruise that just ended on Friday had several -- Captain/Officer party in Top Sail, Rum Tasting in Top Sail, Sunset Party at One Pool (this was for a random port, selected where the wind would not be too severe), and Magicians in Top Sail. The YC director is new to MSC and told us that he was trying to be especially "inventive." We were told that not all of the other MSC officers had expected so many events, so I guess he was really going further than most. (Attire was whatever the cruise had that day for each; nothing was different for the YC events.)

During my 2020 cruise on Meraviglia, the only YC Party during a 7 day cruise was one held in the YC Lounge towards the end of the cruise when the staff was introduced, the CD spoke (briefly), and there was light piano music.  It was a Formal evening and people were so dressed.  

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Our Seashore Pool Party was more than just a pool party.  It was dinner!  That evening the regular restaurant had very truncated hours (it closed at 😎 since most of the staff was focused on the pool "party" which was an expansive buffet.  On our cruise we had near perfect weather.  DW and I were not aware of the shortened restaurant hours, had our usual cocktails in the lounge around 6, and headed up to the restaurant about 8 for dinner.  We were surprised that it was closing (our fault for not reading the schedule) so we continued up to the pool deck for dinner.  Glad we did as we had a great time, shared a table with new-found friends, and enjoyed the excellent buffet.  I truly do not recall much going on other than lots of happy socializing YC folks and our usual amazing staff.  

Hank

What kind of food was served?

20 minutes ago, mafig said:

What kind of food was served?

A mixed bag including hand sliced prime rib, salmon, several decent shrimp dishes, etc.  I think if you like seafood, meat, or poultry you would have been happy.  Also plenty of salads, fruit, etc.  Those who wanted to dine in the restaurant could have done so until 8pm.  

Hank

• Thanks 1

When we were on Fantasia in the Mediterranean in 2019 (pre-Covid times), there was a party by the One Pool on White Night with full dinner buffet and live music, with officers attending and speaking to the YC guests. Not sure if Le Muse was open that night. Our butler was in attendance, but can't recall if our server was there.

On 10/24/2022 at 4:12 PM, Best Cat Mom said:

Our Divina cruise that just ended on Friday had several -- Captain/Officer party in Top Sail, Rum Tasting in Top Sail, Sunset Party at One Pool (this was for a random port, selected where the wind would not be too severe), and Magicians in Top Sail. The YC director is new to MSC and told us that he was trying to be especially "inventive." We were told that not all of the other MSC officers had expected so many events, so I guess he was really going further than most. (Attire was whatever the cruise had that day for each; nothing was different for the YC events.)

We were on same cruise with you.

We Did have discussions with YC Director during the cruise where he talked about trying something new for guests.

he mentioned the rum tasting and possible magician. He said,  we would receive invite or update  if he was able to get these arranged. 
We never received any notice or invites for these events. Too bad, would have been fun.

Our cabin was not in YC proper , on Deck 12. Executive Suite.  Definitely got impression our Butler did not like having to come down to our cabin. We picked up our newspaper from Concierge desk. 
Perhaps he did not deliver our invites?

B2B Seashore this past June/July. There was only one party on the night of the late departure from San Juan. It was a white parry coinciding with white night. 

I believe this was because of covid protocol. There was no Captains reception or meeting officers in YC either cruise. But there was a Diamond member toast with officers both cruises. But a little different as the officers did not stay and talk with you like previous events. Maybe recently it has changed for both Diamond party and YC parties?

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, kernow said:

We had a cocktail reception with all the officers in YC on Virtuosa a couple of weeks ago.

I'm curious if that is like the party they do on cruises in the US:  YC reception with captain's greeting, a few words from the CD, and then many words (!!!) from the Future Cruises representative!

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 1