The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday November 2nd, 2022

richwmn

Good morning, Dailyites!  Thanks to all who post, especially Rich and Roy.  CC seems to be behaving a little better today, I had lots of problems yesterday, and as I had just downloaded a new operating system, I was blaming it on my computer, so I was relieved to see it was actually not me!   I hope all the ailing Dailyites and their families are feeling better, especially @kazu, Jacqui.

Today it is raining gently but steadily, Pat went off to golf, but returned home as they all decided it would be no fun playing.  I imagine he will want to go out somewhere, so I won't hang around here chatting.   It has been a busy few days here, too, with doctors, dentists, hospital visits, etc., I had my colonoscopy, pretty much lost the day there!  It had been 11 years since my last one, I had forgotten what fun that was...  More doctors later this week, and I really need to get my hair cut.  I have to time it so I can get it cut again before our next cruise, and I am looking very scruffy.  

• Like 18

Like many, I was unable to log on, yesterday.  Today started out similarly, but then I thought of changing browsers.  That worked.  Obviously, I am now not using my favored browser, but I am able to "Like" peoples' posts.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I thought I had taken a picture of it, but I can't find it - as far as I remember, when you go aft through the Lido Market and out onto the open aft deck,  it is on the starboard side just around the corner from the Lido Bar.  If you look on Halfacts, there is a picture of where the Lido Bar is.

PS Sorry,  I see @Cruise Suzy also answered, but I do think the Lido Bar is closer to the aft elevators, not the mid-ship ones.

On the Koningsdam, the Lido Bar is on the port side - just forward of the mid-ship elevators. The Sea View Bar is on the starboard side, near the aft elevators.

image.png.93451104615d6e9ba3fa031551aef4c3.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, highscar said:

Thank you for the replies for the quench question.    

When we were on Koningsdam, I went looking for the quench machine out of curiosity.  It was on the port side across from the Lido Bar forward of the mid-ship elevators.   There are two of the machines.

If I could, I would mark the location on the deck plan provided  by @Cruise Suzy.  Unfortunately, I can't do that on my tablet.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a dark central Texas.  It's still about an hour before sunrise.  The weather channel mentions a dense fog advisory.  It should burn off once the sun comes up, and I hope it's gone when I leave for my haircut this morning.  It should be completely gone when I leave for Waco to see DH.  

Talking with this case manager yesterday, there are still areas where DH needs a lot help.  He is beginning to make some progress.  We were both happy he was able to get out of bed, walk with the walker, turn 90 degrees and get into the wheelchair by himself yesterday afternoon.

All Souls Day and Day of the Dead are interesting days.  I'm not sure anyone could top Rodney Dangerfield's epitaph, "There Goes the Neighborhood".   BTW, it has been a trivia question on BHBs.

I like the Jonathan Swift quote.

I'll pass on the meal and the drink.  I'd like to try the wine if it's not too sweet.

We have not been to Ishigaki Island, Japan.

@ger_77  Gerry, I think getting out of the house in one hour after the phone call with only one wrong pair of shoes, was good.  I'm sure your DH will find a pair to wear on the cruise.  I was very happy that someone at HAL got the flights arranged and you were able to get to Barcelona comfortably and safely.

@MISTER 67  I hope the doctor can help with your sore finger without any trouble.

@richwmn  Rich, thank you for posting Ann's @cat shepard wine review.

@dfish  Debbie, while you are very busy, it seems you have things under control.  Just like on a BHB, remember to leave some clothes out to wear until the moving van arrives at your new home.  🤣

@grapau27  Graham, I'll be thinking of you and Pauline on your Mam's 11 remembrance day.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope your foot is better today and continues to improve.

Lenda

Have an appointment at 3PM today, the finger tip really looks ugly and infected.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 10

Right now I'm in DH's room while he is at therapy.  He sat up on his own, and then stood up with the walker.  The new twist was once the therapist started pulling  his pants up, he was able to stand on his own weight and get them up up the rest of the way and fastened.  Then, he moved to the wheelchair and sat down.  He couldn't do that a few days ago.

5 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning.  My DB has stabilized but he is in dreadful shape.  Watching him get from the chair to the bed with the help of a nurse and an aide was so hard to see.   It took every bit of his strength to stand and do the minimal amount of turning his arms were quivering.   He will be in hospital at least through today.   His color is better than what I saw on Sunday aided by a pint blood transfusion.   I find it malpractice that a surgeon would do surgery on someone who is morbidly obese as my brother is.    I just hope that he can recover to the point that he can be chair bound at home sometime.   He gets lots of visitors with myself and my 2 sisters and his 2 kids and their spouses.   

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports.   A dark bunch of days I agree.  Quote is great.    Pass on meal, wine and cocktail but look forward to the photos from our Japan port today.   Prayers for all on our care list and for the people of Ukraine.   

Nancy, I'm so sorry your DB is having such a rough time, but it's good he has stabilized.  Sending positive thoughts that he improves and that he will be able to go home, but hope like DH he gets some PT first.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sandi for your best wishes and lovely words.

This photo of my mam and Sarah was about 15 years ago.

Graham.

IMG_20161017_210855.jpg

Graham, two lovely women, not to mention the lovely Pauline.  You are a very lucky man.

45 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Have an appointment at 3PM today, the finger tip really looks ugly and infected.

I hope your appointment goes well, and the doctor can give you something for the infection.

What was a gloomy, foggy day has now cleared with a few clouds and a lot of sun.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Right now I'm in DH's room while he is at therapy.  He sat up on his own, and then stood up with the walker.  The new twist was once the therapist started pulling  his pants up, he was able to stand on his own weight and get them up up the rest of the way and fastened.  Then, he moved to the wheelchair and sat down.  He couldn't do that a few days ago.

Nancy, I'm so sorry your DB is having such a rough time, but it's good he has stabilized.  Sending positive thoughts that he improves and that he will be able to go home, but hope like DH he gets some PT first.

Graham, two lovely women, not to mention the lovely Pauline.  You are a very lucky man.

I hope your appointment goes well, and the doctor can give you something for the infection.

What was a gloomy, foggy day has now cleared with a few clouds and a lot of sun.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

Your post on your husband's PT is very encouraging and I'm happy for you both.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Jeez...kinda morbid days today.  But in that spirit, DH and I recently purchased a delightful forever home for the two of us at the local cemetery.  We didn't like how things were handled with lost family members in the past several years, so decided to make our own plans.

Today is a quiet day.  Yesterday we took DGD to the Wild Animal Park in the morning and had her "Princess Party" here in the evening.  Long day, but fun.  A relaxing Old-Fashioned could be in order later on.

Thanks, Rich, and all Contributors here on the Daily.  Thoughts are with those having difficulties and a tip of the glass for those enjoying good times.

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Jeez...kinda morbid days today.  But in that spirit, DH and I recently purchased a delightful forever home for the two of us at the local cemetery.  We didn't like how things were handled with lost family members in the past several years, so decided to make our own plans.

Today is a quiet day.  Yesterday we took DGD to the Wild Animal Park in the morning and had her "Princess Party" here in the evening.  Long day, but fun.  A relaxing Old-Fashioned could be in order later on.

Thanks, Rich, and all Contributors here on the Daily.  Thoughts are with those having difficulties and a tip of the glass for those enjoying good times.

I remember when my father puchased cemetery plots for him and my mother without telling her.  She didn't want to think about it or talk about it.  Well, his mother let the cat out of the bag when she said she and my grandfather had purchased plots next to theirs.  With foresight, he even purchased two extra plots, one for me and one for my future husband.  That was more than 60 years ago.  I'm not sure if we'll use them or if the DDs will wind up selling them.  Hopefully,  that decision is years away.

Lenda

• Like 12

Thanks for daily report.  I unfortunately changed my cc password yesterday before I saw not to do that, and have had an arduous time being able to get back in.  The new password was connected to my email, and not to my cc name, but when I used the same password with my cc name it worked!  It was probably good security to change password.

Best wishes to all!

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I remember when my father puchased cemetery plots for him and my mother without telling her.  She didn't want to think about it or talk about it.  Well, his mother let the cat out of the bag when she said she and my grandfather had purchased plots next to theirs.  With foresight, he even purchased two extra plots, one for me and one for my future husband.  That was more than 60 years ago.  I'm not sure if we'll use them or if the DDs will wind up selling them.  Hopefully,  that decision is years away.

Lenda

That's interesting, Lenda, that your father did go ahead and plan that way on his own. As you say, hopefully out of sight and out of mind for many, many years.  

Our "selection" was probably the quickest transaction we've ever done -- just get it over with kind of thing.  Not an enjoyable real estate acquisition!  We also considered purchasing additional plots, but that was just too depressing -- finally decided we'd just be first in "the neighborhood," and maybe others would be there, too, some day.

DH and I are both glad we sorted this out.

• Like 13

Good early afternoon from SE AZ!  I am behind on reading the Daily. Between DM appointments and getting ready for our Charleston trip tomorrow we have been busy. We just took Blue to the Pet Resort, it’s always a heartbreaking part of the trip. We leave super early tomorrow morning and are flying Delta, which we haven’t flown in quite a while. It was easier to fly through Atlanta to get to Charleston so Delta it is. What is funny is that the weather there is slightly warmer than it is here. 

When I last read I saw Jacqui @kazuhad sprained her ankle and foot. I hope it’s feeling better today Jacqui. 

Prayers for all. Have a great day everyone!

• Like 15

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Remembering the faithful departed on All Souls Day and Dia de Los Muertos. I'll have to think about my epitaph. Good quote.

I'll pass on the meal and wine, and take the drink (although I've had no alcohol for about 2 months due to the liver enzyme elevation). 

I haven't been to Ishigaki Island or Japan at all.

Another nice day, although there was very dense fog this AM until almost 11. Now the sun is out and it's 60F. About 10 degrees above the average temp for this time of year. Otherwise, doing some tidying and laundry. The Orthopedic doctor's office called to move my final Synvisc shot to an earlier time and with a different doctor, since mine won't be there.

@ger_77 I'm glad you made it to Barcelona. That was a quick departure from home!

@MISTER 67 I'm glad you're seeing the doctor about your finger.

@grapau27 Thinking of you and Pauline on your late Mam's memory day.

@rafinmd Thank you for your diligence in keeping the lists.

@dfish Good luck with the final packing. Thanks for the recipes.

@ottahand7 Continued prayers for your DB's recovery.

@aliaschief Welcome home.

@smitty34877 I hope DH is doing well. Continued prayers for Tana and it's great her friend is coming again to help out.

@durangoscots That personnel issue sounds tough. Good luck!

@luvteaching I hope DH continues to progress. Unlike acute care hospitals, things are slower in rehab, unfortunately. He's lucky to have you to be his advocate!

@mamaofami Prayers for a good report from the oncologist, and I hope the steroid shot works.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Woohoo on DH's continued improvement! 

@AncientWanderer When my Mother passed in 1993, I bought an additional plot for me. Lately I've been thinking I should make some plans, since I don't have any family.

@Sharon in AZ Have a safe trip to Charleston. 

@kazu I hope the foot is starting to improve. Your hotel sounds like just the right place!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Take care everyone.

Dia de Las Muertos decoration along the Malecon in Puerto Vallarta

676815725_008-11.7.19DayoftheDeaddecorationsalongtheBoardwalk(Malecon)PuertoVallarta.thumb.jpg.120ca7a9d3d291787b20c45c45f95138.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good luck tomorrow and hopefully you will get antibiotics to clear your finger tip infection.

Thanks Graham, that's exactly what he did, waiting for the Publix pharmacy to call me so I can pick of the prescription. 

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Remembering the faithful departed on All Souls Day and Dia de Los Muertos. I'll have to think about my epitaph. Good quote.

I'll pass on the meal and wine, and take the drink (although I've had no alcohol for about 2 months due to the liver enzyme elevation). 

I haven't been to Ishigaki Island or Japan at all.

Another nice day, although there was very dense fog this AM until almost 11. Now the sun is out and it's 60F. About 10 degrees above the average temp for this time of year. Otherwise, doing some tidying and laundry. The Orthopedic doctor's office called to move my final Synvisc shot to an earlier time and with a different doctor, since mine won't be there.

@ger_77 I'm glad you made it to Barcelona. That was a quick departure from home!

@MISTER 67 I'm glad you're seeing the doctor about your finger.

@grapau27 Thinking of you and Pauline on your late Mam's memory day.

@rafinmd Thank you for your diligence in keeping the lists.

@dfish Good luck with the final packing. Thanks for the recipes.

@ottahand7 Continued prayers for your DB's recovery.

@aliaschief Welcome home.

@smitty34877 I hope DH is doing well. Continued prayers for Tana and it's great her friend is coming again to help out.

@durangoscots That personnel issue sounds tough. Good luck!

@luvteaching I hope DH continues to progress. Unlike acute care hospitals, things are slower in rehab, unfortunately. He's lucky to have you to be his advocate!

@mamaofami Prayers for a good report from the oncologist, and I hope the steroid shot works.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Woohoo on DH's continued improvement! 

@AncientWanderer When my Mother passed in 1993, I bought an additional plot for me. Lately I've been thinking I should make some plans, since I don't have any family.

@Sharon in AZ Have a safe trip to Charleston. 

@kazu I hope the foot is starting to improve. Your hotel sounds like just the right place!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Take care everyone.

Dia de Las Muertos decoration along the Malecon in Puerto Vallarta

676815725_008-11.7.19DayoftheDeaddecorationsalongtheBoardwalk(Malecon)PuertoVallarta.thumb.jpg.120ca7a9d3d291787b20c45c45f95138.jpg

Thank you for your kind words Vanessa.

I hope your liver enzymes elevation drops to normal.

Graham 

• Like 5

I've had problems on many platforms.  One thing that seems to work several times is logging into

www.cruisecritic.com

That works.  From there I have selected "boards" from the top of the screen which brings up the boards but not yet logged in.

From there when I select "Login" it seems to recognize my credentials from the parent website.

Roy

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I've had problems on many platforms.  One thing that seems to work several times is logging into

www.cruisecritic.com

That works.  From there I have selected "boards" from the top of the screen which brings up the boards but not yet logged in.

From there when I select "Login" it seems to recognize my credentials from the parent website.

Roy

I was just about to post this as it is what finally worked for me!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

When we were on Koningsdam, I went looking for the quench machine out of curiosity.  It was on the port side across from the Lido Bar forward of the mid-ship elevators.   There are two of the machines.

If I could, I would mark the location on the deck plan provided  by @Cruise Suzy.  Unfortunately, I can't do that on my tablet.

Lenda

6 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

On the Koningsdam, the Lido Bar is on the port side - just forward of the mid-ship elevators. The Sea View Bar is on the starboard side, near the aft elevators.

image.png.93451104615d6e9ba3fa031551aef4c3.png

I was completely turned around, wasn't I?  Yes, on the other side from the Gelato place....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1