Has Celebrity changed the size of the burgers served fleet wide?

Tipsy252

58 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I'm a Boar's Head, Natural Casing, Uncured all beef HotDog kind of guy.  Grilled crisp and cruncy to the bite.  With deli mustard and warm sauerkraut.

Put that on a Celebrity ship.. 

I buy those too, good eats.

• Like 1

Was on Apex in March and the burgers at Mast Grill looked large, what shocked me is they didn't have a chicken option.  Just seems strange that a cruise line with a little more focus on health only serves burgers, fries and hot dogs by the pool.

20 hours ago, jelayne said:

The hamburgers at the Mast Grill on the Beyond in October were very large.  I actually prefer the previous ones.

I also prefer the smaller ones.  Didn’t enjoy my Mast Grill burger on the Beyond.  Why do they always have to change a good thing?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, jelayne said:

This makes me laugh, so many commenting on smaller portions, downgrading of the food and they offer a larger burger in a included venue and some of us don't like it as well as the smaller version.

They just can't win - lol

The larger burgers are dry and tasteless while the skinnier versions were tastier and greasy good!   This isn’t a burger upgrade.   More is not always better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, riredsox said:

The larger burgers are dry and tasteless while the skinnier versions were tastier and greasy good!   This isn’t a burger upgrade.   More is not always better. 

Greasy is good? 😬

• Haha 1

We were on the recent Connie TA.  Thought the meat patties were double the thickness of the old ones. They were tasteless, and by the time you put lettuce and tomato on, they were too thick to bite (at least for most of us).  😜  The buns were too small and fell apart halfway through.  Ate the rest with a fork and knife.

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Would you like any extra nitrites with that? LOL

Tom

They're a necessarily evil for charcuterie meats, deli meats, bacon and sausage.  While it's possible to pay a large premium to avoid these, cruise lines meats will certainly have nitrites

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Would you since you are full of them. Not a problem for me. Love that bacon.  

I love bacon too - generally not Carnival bacon though. The bacon I cook is my favorite! 

I'm not sure why so many places put bacon on burgers... no thanks !

Tom

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I love bacon too - generally not Carnival bacon though. The bacon I cook is my favorite!

Tom

How do you cook yours, Prince Harry style which super-crispy without being overcooked?  That's my favorite...Broil until 90% cooked, blot and wrap with paper towels and microwave for 60seconds

9 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

How do you cook yours, Prince Harry style which super-crispy without being overcooked?  That's my favorite...Broil until 90% cooked, blot and wrap with paper towels and microwave for 60seconds

Prince Harry style - never heard of that.

I prefer my bacon to be able to snap in half... yep, 10 seconds shy of burnt. Turning frequently until perfection. 🙂

Tom

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

As long as the bacon isn't some phony bacon or over cooked.🥓

Some people would call mine overcooked. Though, if I'm putting it into a BLT, I'm going for CRUNCH.

Having said all this, and touching back on nitrites - I understand that high heat cooking is not the most healthy either... 

Bacon = CRISP

Burgers = RARE

I'm conflicted  😉

Tom

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Some people would call mine overcooked. Though, if I'm putting it into a BLT, I'm going for CRUNCH.

Having said all this, and touching back on nitrites - I understand that high heat cooking is not the most healthy either... 

Bacon = CRISP

Burgers = RARE

I'm conflicted  😉

Tom

As long as we like/enjoy whatever we're eating, no matter how it's cooked or not, that's all that matters. 

• Like 2

I always ask to have my burger grilled freshly and medium. Normally they grill lots of burgers and put it in a heated place and they are not medium as they keep on cooking. Even tho they tell you that they are medium and fresh… I‘d rather wait a few minutes as it tastes much better than those „pre-grilled“ done to well-done burgers.

And normally I order two patties with one slice of cheese (in the middle). 
Let‘s see how the bigger patty will taste when it is grilled  medium, will be on EDGE in less than two weeks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UniPac said:

Let‘s see how the bigger patty will taste when it is grilled  medium, will be on EDGE in less than two weeks.

The 'burger (cooked to order)was juicy and yummy on the Summit in September. Sauteed onions also. I'm sure Wimpy would have liked it also. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1