Opening Schedule

CHEZMARYLOU

On 11/12/2022 at 4:19 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

Quick glance looks like Eclipse but I haven't tried to fill in the gaps yet.

Summit and Millennium are doing the Panama Canal sailings. 

26 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

If looking at Norway, which of these itineraries would you say is better:

Bruges, Flam, Geiranger, Bergen

or

Stavanger, Geiranger, Flam, Haugesund

Thanks!

Haven’t been to that area of Norway 

Been to Oslo and Kristiansand both areas had a very good vibe, clean safe , a lot of people speak English 

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

If looking at Norway, which of these itineraries would you say is better:

Bruges, Flam, Geiranger, Bergen

or

Stavanger, Geiranger, Flam, Haugesund

Thanks!

I live in Belgium and Bruges is beautiful, so I can recommend that. I can also tell you that Flam is stunning! Stavanger is more industrial, but there are lots of lovely places around there. I haven't been to any of the others

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Belgian fry said:

I live in Belgium and Bruges is beautiful, so I can recommend that. I can also tell you that Flam is stunning! Stavanger is more industrial, but there are lots of lovely places around there. I haven't been to any of the others

Thank you!!!

After a lot of thought and contemplation, I decided to switch to the one that stops at Bruges! It embarks on my birthday!! I'm thinking I'll pre- or post-cruise a hop to Paris for the first time too!!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you!!!

After a lot of thought and contemplation, I decided to switch to the one that stops at Bruges! It embarks on my birthday!! I'm thinking I'll pre- or post-cruise a hop to Paris for the first time too!!

Bruges is very nice , loved walking around the town 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Guess I'm waiting until Dec 8 to see if there is anything there that interests me.

I've done Alaska twice. Not sure I'm that interested in Norway or Portugal.

Not thrilled about what I have booked for now for this summer (Equinox to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Bimini)...but less thrilled about losing the $450 NR deposit I was stupid enough to make.

Are the'24 T/As out then on 12/8?

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you!!!

HAHAHA! No to Paris! I just realized that is right before/during the Olympics! Scotland and/or Ireland post-cruise sounds nice!

• Like 1

At what time are the new itineraries released? At midnight?

We know the itinerary and desired cabin category we want based on the '23 sailing and want to be prepared to book immediately.

Please share any tidbits for booking asap once the schedule is released. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

We know the itinerary and desired cabin category we want based on the '23 sailing and want to be prepared to book immediately.

Please share any tidbits for booking asap once the schedule is released. Thanks!

I booked Australia about 8 pm pacific time the night before the release date.  

We just booked the Apr 20 2024 Summit Transcanal sailing (14 night) as well as the Apr 9 2025 Solstice Fiji Transpacific cruise (17 night).  Both will be a first for us in terms of these types of sailings.  

When I was on board Constellation earlier this month, I went ahead and put deposits down for two different future cruises and used them for the above bookings to get the extra OBC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

I got online at midnight (US east coast time) for the cruises that came out on November 15th, and they were already listed and available for booking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

Here in Chicago, I noticed that the sailings were released around 10 pm on the night before.

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Here in Chicago, I noticed that the sailings were released around 10 pm on the night before.

Same here and I put a cabin on Hold, got the quick confirmation/don't let your cruise sail away email.  Then later I got an email with the booking confirmation attachment, which wasn't downloading.

The next morning I went back to my email to download the confirmation and the entire email was gone, not in trash just gone.  Logged into my account and tried to add the reservation # it came back as an invalid number.  I next did a mock booking and the cabin I had put on hold was available.  I figure that although the new sailings showed up the system wasn't ready to take bookings.

I emailed our TA and they booked the sailing for us so we are all set.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

The early bird...

Another question:

When holding a cabin or actually reserving it online, how is the Cap't Club one category upgrade input and honored?

You can’t do the 1 category upgrade on line as far as I know.  If you put a cabin on hold your  “ I have just been assigned as your vacation Planner” will call with a few hours.  They should be able to handle the 1  category upgrade. 

5 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

The early bird...

Another question:

When holding a cabin or actually reserving it online, how is the Cap't Club one category upgrade input and honored?

We usually book the cabin we want and wait until the next day to call. They'll credit the price difference between your chosen cabin level and the next lowest level within the same category.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FourNines said:

We usually book the cabin we want and wait until the next day to call. They'll credit the price difference between your chosen cabin level and the next lowest level within the same category.

All the new cabin category names are a little confusing; I guess we are just not used to them yet.  So, is SV (Sunset Veranda) a category on its own without a lower cabin to upgrade from?

21 minutes ago, cluso said:

All the new cabin category names are a little confusing; I guess we are just not used to them yet.  So, is SV (Sunset Veranda) a category on its own without a lower cabin to upgrade from?

I am pretty sure about that—even under the old category names this was true. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1