from C&A - Redesigned, New, and Fresh Program Gifts and Onboard Amenities are coming in 2023

2 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

We're talking RCL here. I don't know what other lines offer.... but the point is there's no incentive to stop me (or others) from thinking about finding out based on the "stay loyal to us" program RCL is running. And that is a realization the C&A team is employed to navigate around.

We're at 31 nights, by now they should have me hooked. They don't. Perhaps we're the exception? I don't know. 

The family we last travelled with is in the 20's and they came away saying "maybe CCL next time"

I'm not trying to be confrontational, this is just the reality.

"The ships sail full right now" and "Enjoy other lines, bye" are not sound business plans.

Don't get the logic. We sailed 20 times on other lines before we discovered Mariner in 2008. The ship and the value sold us. Well that and location. Loyalty benefits came over time, and I'm pleased. 

Can't think of any loyalty program that rewards the newbs. 

In 2019 I asked my 30 year old son to join us on a 2020 TA. His first question,  'How many points'

He wants to 'live that Diamond Life', and he understands what it takes to get there

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NateUpNorth said:

I agree completely with your sentiments. The point I'm making is if the company IS looking to swing people to RCL over an AI or other lines.... this program currently isn't doing that. I don't think marketing operates on "If it happens to be us that's great"!

For goodness sakes, why do you think it's not working. Of course it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

We didn't like it. The old Carnival Jubilee was decorated like a Bordello. Not, that we have ever been in a Bordello. It was very gaudy. And there were a bunch of mostly weather related and ship power and plumbing problems with the cruise. Haven't been back. 

Pretty much describes my first Royal cruise on Empress out of SJ🤣

• Haha 1

I guess I'm a bit surprised at all the negativity. You cruise for the experience ... certainly not for the amenities. That's just a little bonus. If they don't have the particular item (which they didn't last week) they provide a list for you to choose something else. I chose the truffles and it turned out to be a delightful choice.

My personal preference is to have something of a souvenir nature you can take home with you, but if they don't have it, I can go with another option.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, CruiseGirl4ever said:

I've been a Diamond for many years (almost at Diamond +) and I've never received a beer at check in. Is this something you have to request? I usually received a plate full of cookies or something similar.

See Loyalty Ambassador, or call C&A

As Diamond you get a welcome gift. Beer or soda, I believe. I get Corona, Laura gets Ginger Ale

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

People are bound to sail other lines at some point for a variety of reasons.  Curiosity, to join friends, a theme cruise, a change of pace for the frequent cruiser, an itinerary Royal doesn’t offer (or not at the right time, a bargain price, etc. So many cruise lines, so many reasons.  It is not cost effective to design a loyalty program that will effectively sway most people from trying other lines.  They are instead offering great ships that will attract new and returning cruisers.  Look at the other ships; book Royal Caribbean if it is the best choice for you.

Though you have not bothered to compare it, Royal Caribbean’s loyalty program is excellent compared to others.  You simply don’t get much at the low levels of cruise loyalty programs.  As all the cruiseline do that, they may be correct (or, your argument might be self-serving)

My last cruise was like this.  It was my first time on NCL. We cruised aboard Pride of America.  I chose this cruise specifically because we of the itinerary.  a Hawaii cruise that embarks in Honolulu and circumnavigates the Islands.  It is a very unique cruise. I have no expectation that I will ever achieve any kind of status with NCL.  We cruised in spite of it.  We love Royal and it's product. The loyalty benefits are a nice perk but not the reason we book with them.

1 hour ago, CruiseGirl4ever said:

I've been a Diamond for many years (almost at Diamond +) and I've never received a beer at check in. Is this something you have to request? I usually received a plate full of cookies or something similar.

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

As Diamond you get a welcome gift. Beer or soda, I believe. I get Corona, Laura gets Ginger Ale

We've never bothered selecting anything.  With two cruises as diamond we have gotten four bottles of water in our cabin each time.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

You don’t get the option for beer until you hit D+. Finally just hit + which is why I know. 😂 Only took is 20 years.  Went on our first cruise in 2002 for our honeymoon and then weren’t able to cruise that often because we worked for a certain theme park and wages weren’t conducive for that sort of thing. We left and were finally able to take two non-suite sailings a year about ten years ago. Just started in suites in 2019 and were a few points short at the shut down. So, it took us a while. We never complained about the “lack” of perks for the lower level of the C&A. That’s not how loyalty programs work and we understood that. Long-term loyalty is when you start seeing the benefits. .  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, soremekun said:

It would be nice if we could make our selections during check in.

For RC that might be too confusing to add to on-line checkin.  I liked the old way, when you didn’t have to call and you could do it on your C&A member page.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

I thought water or soda were D welcome amenities while beer was added to that list for D+.

You used to get little bottles of wine at Diamond but that was quietly dropped a few years back. Now it’s beer or soda. If you don’t pick anything then you just get random amounts of water left. 

12 hours ago, audome78 said:

Sorry, but I don't let them get away with this. Inferior wines are returned to the concierge and the correct replacements, or better are requested.

I never said I did not do that.  

Have had to do that on the majority of our cruises.  Very rare do all three wines come as listed, or on time.  

We have had to deal with replacements (selections out of stock is common).   Some better, some tolerable...and when they are worse...back they go.  

17 minutes ago, little britain said:

You used to get little bottles of wine at Diamond but that was quietly dropped a few years back. Now it’s beer or soda. If you don’t pick anything then you just get random amounts of water left. 

I remember the single serving wine bottles; that was our choice then.  I remember when they were discontinued.  (Of course,  Boucher are way better than little wine bottles)

I double checked the list.  Diamonds are not able select beer as a welcome beverage.  Diamonds can select water, soda or juice.  D+/PC have those options  plus beer.