Best comedian on a cruise - Carnival or not?

Honolulu Blue

Best comedian on a cruise  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Was the best comedian you've seen on a cruise ship...

• On a Carnival cruise?
    • Not on a Carnival cruise?
    • I've never seen a comedian on a cruise

Hi guys.  Are you ready for a non-scientific poll that doesn't have anything to do with the usual hot button topics?  Of course you are!

In case you can't read the poll, the question is was the best comedian you've seen on a cruise ship on a Carnival cruise, not on a Carnival cruise, or have you never seen a comedian on a cruise?

I'll tell you my story - early in my cruising career, I saw three comedians on the same Carnival cruise.  Since their real names don't matter, call them Moe, Larry, and Curly.  Moe and Larry I saw as part of a doubleheader show - 15 minutes for each.  Curly I saw separately; his show was 30 minutes long.  I graded all three of them "meh" - better than sitting around twiddling my thumbs, but not worth standing in line for, IMHO.

Last year I saw a comedian named Carlos Oscar on a Princess ship.  I thought he was pretty good and thus he's the best comedian I've ever seen.  I should note that there's some room for improvement at the top.

Anyway, I've spent too long on my story.  Yours is much more interesting.  Let's hear it!  Thanks!!

I've seen comedians on various cruises, and all were OK, but none memorable to actually remember their names.   Best comedy I saw though was on NCL where they used to have Second City touring troupe.  I love improv and I thought it was great.  They also had a workshop where us in the audience could participate

Edited by steveknj
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, groundloop said:

The best comedian I've even seen on a cruise was on Carnival, and he was memorable enough that I actually recall his name - Spike Davis.

And the second best cruise comedian I've seen was also on Carnival - Jose Sarduy.

Spike Davis is my favorite.  I'll always make it a point to see his shows if I'm on a sailing with him.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, groundloop said:

The best comedian I've even seen on a cruise was on Carnival, and he was memorable enough that I actually recall his name - Spike Davis.

2 minutes ago, sunshower9 said:

Spike Davis is my favorite.  I'll always make it a point to see his shows if I'm on a sailing with him.

Spike Davis, eh?  (scribble, scribble)  I'll make a note.  Maybe he'll be on one of my upcoming cruises.

I have never truly felt that any comedian on a cruise ship provided entertainment that was on par with what I would expect when paying to go to a comedy club onshore.  That changed last week on the Celebration with Tim Young.  Thought he was genuinely funny and laughed more in his half hour set then I probably laughed during all other Carnival comedian's sets, that I have seen, combined.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dolittle said:

John Heald the legendry C.D. on Carnival is funnier than any comic on any ship. 

You forgot to say “in my opinion”.  I’ve been on ships with him as the CD and while I agree he was entertaining, I wouldn’t put him up there with the better comedy acts I’ve seen. 

17 minutes ago, dolittle said:

John Heald the legendry C.D. on Carnival is funnier than any comic on any ship. Quick witted and just a bit naughty in a classy way . Has a bit of Benny Hill in him (that is a good thing).

Benny Hill certainly had his "thing" --- but "good"?  

I've seen dozens of comedians on ships - and generally enjoyed them, but not enough to be able to recall any names

• Thanks 1