Help please! Assigned a boarding time of 2pm!

Mustsea

We booked last minute and was surprised at our 2pm boarding time in Ft. Lauderdale. The ship leaves at 4! The latest we have ever arrived is 1pm and the place was practically empty - everyone was aboard. We are Concierge Class and have a CC lunch in the main dining room - am thinking we will miss this with our late boarding. And we are supposed to have priority boarding...? I've tried to call (2 different occasions) the X agent who booked us on and left messages but never heard back from her. Called the main number to inquire, but no help ...told me the said the CC lunch isn't on embarkation day?? Does anyone have any experience with being assigned a late check-in time but arrived earlier? I'm hoping that if we arrive around 12:30 and no lines at that time that they will let us check in? Thanks in advance!!

33 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Have you looked on the app under checkin to see what other slots are available 

35 minutes ago, Mustsea said:

We booked last minute and was surprised at our 2pm boarding time in Ft. Lauderdale. The ship leaves at 4! The latest we have ever arrived is 1pm and the place was practically empty - everyone was aboard. We are Concierge Class and have a CC lunch in the main dining room - am thinking we will miss this with our late boarding. And we are supposed to have priority boarding...? I've tried to call (2 different occasions) the X agent who booked us on and left messages but never heard back from her. Called the main number to inquire, but no help ...told me the said the CC lunch isn't on embarkation day?? Does anyone have any experience with being assigned a late check-in time but arrived earlier? I'm hoping that if we arrive around 12:30 and no lines at that time that they will let us check in? Thanks in advance!!

Arrive early and just accept that you might be asked to wait. Remember the staff at the port controling the lines are not direct X employees and have no connection with X's reservations team or onboard crew. Just be polite and I am sure if there is no line you will be allowed in. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mustsea said:

That's the problem with booking last minute. You get the less desirable check in times. Check in time doesn't equal boarding time either. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

What ship are you on.  If an Edge class or S class and on E class is in port that day you will be using T25.  They are very efficient when it comes to boarding so getting there in time for lunch will probably work. 

S. We'll get there around noon and hopefully we won't have to wait more than 1 hour. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You explained the problem in your post.  You booked last minute.

Only suites have priority boarding.   Missing a lunch in the MDR is nice but nothing to get upset about.

Arrive early and be prepared to wait.

Our X booking agent was disingenuous (or uninformed) about more than 1 thing!

I have been on five Celebrity cruises in the past nine months and have yet to have anyone even glance at my boarding time on the boarding pass.  Do as Treasure Hunter suggests - Arrive at noon.  I predict you will be in the second or third group to be called to board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While we always travel in Suites -   what I can see is that they setup time slot lanes like Southwest.   If there are a lot of people there for check in they use the appointment hours but when there's a lull they allow people from the next group to enter and check in. 

Recently especially at terminal 25 it seemed like things were moving so efficiently there were no lines outside after noon. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Missing a lunch in the MDR is nice but nothing to get upset about.

But it is a much nicer and stress free start to your cruise than having to battle the hordes in OVC. 😆

Edited by cdn_tbird
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

I have been on five Celebrity cruises in the past nine months and have yet to have anyone even glance at my boarding time on the boarding pass.  Do as Treasure Hunter suggests - Arrive at noon.  I predict you will be in the second or third group to be called to board.

Still depends on the Ports, lots of posts on other threads where the times are being inforced - for example in our case Southampton.  As I posted arrive early, just accept that you might be asked to wait and if you are don't make a fuss.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

Go straight to your cabin, dump your bags and then head up to the Spa Cafe which is usually a haven of peace and tranquility.

I didn’t think the spa cafe was open on embarkation day. 

Whoever you spoke to about the Concierge lunch not being on embarkation day was just wrong. It’s one of the perks and you should take advantage of it. Agree you should arrive at noon. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

Thank you!