Park Cafe Potato Chips

On 1/19/2023 at 6:41 AM, nelblu said:

Another one bites the dust (Queen).😁

I was thinking the same thing!  Queen is my husband and my favorite group -- our dog is named Mercury.  

On 1/19/2023 at 7:12 AM, nelblu said:

Easy solution, one bag per diner.  Next stop, limit of one slice of pizza.🤣

Who eats one slice of pizza?  And often we "bring back" for several people in the room. 

RC's pizza slices are on the small size, which I like because it allows you to choose how much you want; I wish they served sliders instead of full-sized burgers in the Windjammer so we could similarly adjust our serving size.  

On 1/19/2023 at 8:39 PM, OCVTSGIRL said:

I was on the Oasis August/September and you had to ask for the chips.  If you didn't know they had them, you didn't get them because they were behind the counter and not in plain sight.

I didn't know to ask!  We usually bring a can of Pringles as a road-snack, and we bring the partial can onboard -- that's plenty for us.    

I've always assumed chips were not often seen on the ship because they require a great deal of storage space; I mean so much air compared to the actual food.  Also, more small bags = more trash to be collected and stored until the ship reaches land.  

A hundred years ago, when I was in college, I worked for Frito-Lay.  My job was taking bags off the line and packing them into cardboard boxes for shipping -- off topic note:  everyone should be required to 1) work in a factory and 2) wait tables while young, as these experiences certainly give one an appreciation for the goods that are so readily available to us in the US.  Anyway, to the point:  at that point, the plastic bags cost more than the food inside them. 

20 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

Was on Oasis late last year and they were not on display and you had to ask for them.  I am on Anthem now and it is the same at Two70. They had plain last cruise.  Earlier this cruise I got Salt & vinegar and the last two days they have had the cheddar ones. They are limiting it to 2 per person.

Two bags for each visit should be ample-plenty.  

• Like 2

On 1/19/2023 at 7:50 PM, mets07 said:

They were available at 270 Cafe on Anthem just this month, but you have to know to ask for them at salad bar. They are no "on display."

Yes I learned that a while ago.

I mean really folks like chips with sandwiches so cruise lines should serve them.

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Needs the proper application, usually dealing with censorship 

Screenshot_20230121-115544_Chrome.jpg.2721a8489950acf19b0e3d38a0981fe5.jpg

Always appropriate for acknologing some posts

Boy O Boy, don't I know that.  Seems one side doesn't and another does.

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Screenshot_20230121-115638_Chrome.thumb.jpg.908ca969fa9b8ce02c568d42de10ff15.jpg

Especially for those that don't read posts as written.  However, I think we are all a little guilty of that sometimes.    

12 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Boy O Boy, don't I know that.  Seems one side doesn't and another does.

Especially for those that don't read posts as written.  However, I think we are all a little guilty of that sometimes.    

This one might be fun 😉

20230121_120222.jpg.aed4218a0d1ec3737f9d68c29ccf5c76.jpg

If you visit a store in St Petersburg (Russis, not FL) you are greeted with a portrait of their president. I posted that here, and it got deleted in 5 minutes😱

And that was years before the current conflict😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Two bags for each visit should be ample-plenty.  

Agreed!! Except I was getting them for 3 people and they would only give me 2 bags. I don’t think they believed me lol.

Edited by JessyCruises

I was just on Oasis and they offered the chips every day I went there. They were in a rack behind the person making the beef sandwiches and you had to ask for them but they were there every day. In fact every day was a different type of chips. Even though I did not get them I saw Doritos, salt and vinegar and cheddar and sour cream and the 3 days I went there for lunch 

• 5 months later...

Royal keeps taking away from food items, even in the MDR with the shortened menu while carnival is adding items in the MDR, and has always had more included places to eat. I'm Diamond on Royal, and since 1990, I've only been on Carnival 3 times, but it's striking the way the two cruise lines are going in oposite directions when it comes to food.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chips were missing from our recent Wonder cruise earlier this year.  I made a point of buying a (large) bag of Lays at our first port - LOL. When we were on Odyssey last December they had them but they were limited.  I did see people walking away with multiple bags.

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

No chips on Wonder in April or on Mariner last week. Even room service substituted French fries if you asked for chips.

MSC serves chips at each table in their bars. I saw several people ask to take chips with them. Servers said sure. 

28 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

MSC serves chips at each table in their bars. I saw several people ask to take chips with them. Servers said sure. 

If we ever wanted to sail on MSC, it would not be because they had chips.

Edited by orville99
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, orville99 said:

If we ever wanted to sail on MSC, it would not be because they had chips.

Of course not! But maybe the lower prices, big beautiful ships, delicious food, helpful and friendly staff and/or their inviting private island would help.  😃  My only point was that Royal continually cuts back, while other lines are improving their experience. Chips are a small part of it.

• Like 1