Blu, Yay or Nay

Cruisegirl6

1 hour ago, boxkite said:

We love Aqua Class, mainly for Blu which we enjoy for the more attentive service and you get your drinks faster than MDR. They also have a Blu drink menu with some tasty treats.

If you are a breakfast person, Aqua is the way to go. Large breakfast menu in Blu with food hot from their kitchen and if you want to eat in your cabin, the Aqua room service breakfast menu has just about everything offered from Blu itself.

I am ok with a room service fee, is there a room service fee to have breakfast in the cabin?

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I am ok with a room service fee, is there a room service fee to have breakfast in the cabin?

There is a room service fee for any order, breakfast, lunch or dinner except for the continental breakfast items. Suites do not pay any fee.

Edited by CruisersTimesThree
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

I would like to hear people's opinions regarding Blu (we are booked on the Beyond), any advice, suggestions, reference regarding the items offered on the new menu at Blu.

Likes/Dislikes of Blu

Anybody have the new seven night menus of Blu on the Beyond they can share with us?

I have another board going and getting mixed replies, does Blu still offer Onion soup and Cesar salad and can we choose an item that is served on the MDR menu?

Thank you all, excited to getting back to cruising 

Didn't you already post almost exactly the same question

On 1/26/2023 at 7:34 AM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

I would like to hear people's opinions regarding Blu (we are booked on the Beyond), any advice, suggestions, reference regarding the items offered on the new menu at Blu.

Likes/Dislikes of Blu

Anybody have the new seven night menus of Blu on the Beyond they can share with us?

I have another board going and getting mixed replies, does Blu still offer Onion soup and Cesar salad and can we choose an item that is served on the MDR menu?

Thank you all, excited to getting back to cruising again.

If you book a higher cost Cabin to get to dine in Blu just book the less expensive cabin and spend the money on Specialty Dining.

We found most of the time in Blu we ended up ordering from the MDR menu.

• Like 1

My view is that on M Class, where there isn't a big choice of specialty dining, then Aqua (Blu) makes so much sense.  Blu is great.  The food a decent step up from the MDR and the service is several steps up from the MDR.  I would book it for S or E class if the pricing was $30 per day per person as well.  

On 1/26/2023 at 1:13 PM, Moochi said:

For folks who generally like heavier food and red meat, opposite from “healthy” or “clean” food, do you like Blu?

There is nothing particularly healthier about the Blu menu and I've never figured out what clean means. We are meat and potatoes people generally and love Blu.

2 hours ago, rucruisn2 said:

We were on Apex a couple of weeks ago in a Sky Suite.  
We had dinner one night at Blu.  We were not happy with the menu or the food.  The other restaurants were better.  We won't pay extra for Aqua class in the future.

Well you tried it once. Not sure that meets a statistical conclusion but your cruise; your choice. More room for those of us who love it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, D. B. said:

If you book a higher cost Cabin to get to dine in Blu just book the less expensive cabin and spend the money on Specialty Dining.

We found most of the time in Blu we ended up ordering from the MDR menu.

As do a lot of people if posts on CC are believed to be at all representative. Often times, the price difference could pay for a good number of specialty restaurants. On the 5n Summit we were eyeing, Aqua was $300 more than a sunset veranda.  $60/night buys some specialty to go with a couple/few MDR meals 

I am not crazy about the Blu menu but wanted the less-crowded dining experience.  We are sailing Summit in June and it's my understanding you can order off the MDR menu on that ship.  As long as that is the case, I consider the upgrade in cost worth it.  Wasn't much more than Concierge and the drink package and tips were included.

• Like 1

We only have one experience with Blu (on our recent Beyond cruise). We were in a Sky Suite and had access to Luminae but sadly the food was less than par and we were sailing with guests who had allergies.  The staff did a poor job of taking care of them.  After the second day at breakfast we visited Blu and ended up eating there the rest of the cruise. 

The wait staff in Blu was terrific.  Food was excellent, our waiter took exceptional care of our guests with allergies and we occasionally ordered an item off the main dining room menu.  Our experience in Bu was so good, we'd book an Aqua class room to eat in Blu in the future. 

Note that experiences differ.  I expected Luminae to be wonderful and never thought about dining in Blu. So know that your experience could be different from others.  

• Like 2

We had Blu on our Transatlantic last October. Staff wonderful and got to know us all. We were on a table for 8 and most nights we all ordered lots of items from MDR. Blu was very much hit and miss, but having said all that we really enjoyed breakfast there every morning. We definitely enjoyed the more intimate experience and smaller venue but…in our opinion not worth the extra cost. Would prefer to book speciality restaurants.

• Like 1

Just back from cruise on the edge.  We have done aqua class and Blu multiple times in the past including this cruise.  We did not think that Blu was as good as in the past.  We could get other dishes from the other MDR's restaurants but it was not easy.  The service was haphazard as well.  We also ate at all 4 of the MDR restaurants and enjoyed them equally or better (especially cypress).  It seemed like the menu at Blu limited it more then expanded it!  Will make us rethink aqua class advantages in future cruises (especially edge class ships).

On 1/26/2023 at 10:34 AM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

Likes/Dislikes of Blu

Thank you all, excited to getting back to cruising again.

I have the celebrity app on my iPhone and I can see all the current menus on the Beyond for our up coming cruise. There are all sorts of info in the app including the entertainment. 

Here is how we view Celebrity's restaurants on a food quality scale:

Specialty restaurants >>>>>> Luminae/Blu >> MDRs

Service in Blu is pretty good, but menus are quite repetitive from day to day.  You will see versions of similar entrees, for example.  On the longer cruises, we get bored.  Same with Luminae.

If the premium over Concierge is small, it works fine.  Otherwise, you will have a much better dining experience if you book Concierge and use the extra money on a specialty dining package.and/or upgrade to sunset verandas.

• Like 1

we tried BLU on Beyond in Nov

For us ..It was much better than Luminae all around. Menu, Service, freshness of food (ex :  shrimp cocktail, bread) 

we liked the pre dinner spreads..better than the mystery amuse bouche in luminae

atmoshphere was bright in BLU, nice sea views!  

• Like 1

Not a fan- we are celebrity elite plus and have sailed on all classes of ships.  Blu was ok on the S and M class ships, but IMO not on the edge class ships.  Poor location in the middle of a hallway.  Food ok, not great.  I would book a well located balcony cabin and with the money saved, dine in specialty restaurants nightly.  Good packages are available.  If cc is cheap- book that and specialty restaurants.  This will give you the extra points.  We didn't use the other "amenities" of the AQ cabins.

• Like 1