Sorry Princess

NMTexaco

I'm sorry Princess, we strayed. Just back from an 8 day on Royal Carribean Enchantment of the Seas. Took this trip last minute as we were in Baltimore. This ship needs to be scrapped. Its Old, Stinks, has beds that would make sleeping on the floor almost preferable. Food in main dining room was very good however in their Horizon its cold and boring. Children were let into the Adult Solarium all day long. Trivia games were held daily however their PA system need work done on it also. The best prizes they could give was a Free Bingo ticket. Toiletries in the bathroom consisted of a single bar of soap. No cheap shampoo or lotion. Embarkation and Disembarkation went smoothly. So sorry again Princess, no matter what city we find ourselves in, it's you all the way or stay home. 

• Like 15

On 2/13/2023 at 4:31 PM, Mike45LC said:

Not wanting to be disloyal to Princess, but if you can get a great price on Celebrity, you should try it.  Princess and Celebrity are our two favorite cruise lines (now that Crystal is no more).

DO NOT go on the Celebrity Millennium.  Or any of its sister ships.   --- that's from my experience.  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CruiseSter1ing said:

DO NOT go on the Celebrity Millennium.  Or any of its sister ships.   --- that's from my experience.  

This thread and your post is exactly why we would book or not book a cruise line, ship, itinerary and etc. based on others positive or negative experiences or opinions. I find all interesting but never influenced. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, CruiseSter1ing said:

Sailed on Summit, sister of Millie, numerous times and loved all of them.  Granted, Millie has not been “Revolutionized”  like the other M class older ships and I have never sailed on her.  If you want awesome Celebrity ships, then either S class or Edge class would give you the real Celebrity experience.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Sailed on Summit, sister of Millie, numerous times and loved all of them.  Granted, Millie has not been “Revolutionized”  like the other M class older ships and I have never sailed on her.  If you want awesome Celebrity ships, then either S class or Edge class would give you the real Celebrity experience.

I would like to try the Edge Class.  Just not a ship with a single 3 story roof in the dining room, where I can barely hear my own thoughts, let alone have a conversation.  I never considered that an issue, or even knew of it possibly, until I was on the Celebrity Millennium.  And I won't even start about the lack of service in the Dining room.  So bad, that we simply got up and walked out twice.  And many that were around us that we saw.  So NO, no-one should judge simply because of one person, but I would do more research before I got on any ship.  We loved the route we were on, it was the Japanese Islands, Korea, ending in Shanghai.  

Edited by CruiseSter1ing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiseSter1ing said:

I would like to try the Edge Class.  Just not a ship with a single 3 story roof in the dining room, where I can barely hear my own thoughts, let alone have a conversation.  I never considered that an issue, or even knew of it possibly, until I was on the Celebrity Millennium.  And I won't even start about the lack of service in the Dining room.  So bad, that we simply got up and walked out twice.  And many that were around us that we saw.  So NO, no-one should judge simply because of one person, but I would do more research before I got on any ship.  We loved the route we were on, it was the Japanese Islands, Korea, ending in Shanghai.  

Given those parameters, scrap all Celebrity ships except Edge class or their Explorer Galapagos ships..  Solstice class and Millennium class both have the multi-tier dining rooms (2 story, but same difference - it's loud).

And, scrap plans for the new Sun Class on Princess as their MDR will be multi -tiered, 3 tiers if memory serves.. big change for them going from the smaller 2-5 dining rooms to one large MDR spread over 3 tiers with vaulted ceilings.. gonna be loud!

Happy sails elsewhere... 

1 hour ago, CruiseSter1ing said:

I would like to try the Edge Class.  Just not a ship with a single 3 story roof in the dining room, where I can barely hear my own thoughts, let alone have a conversation.

Maybe bring along a Bose Bluetooth speaker and play music that will drown out the intolerable noise created by others??  🤣

• Haha 5

On 2/13/2023 at 6:24 PM, NMTexaco said:

I'm sorry Princess, we strayed. Just back from an 8 day on Royal Carribean Enchantment of the Seas. Took this trip last minute as we were in Baltimore. This ship needs to be scrapped. Its Old, Stinks, has beds that would make sleeping on the floor almost preferable. Food in main dining room was very good however in their Horizon its cold and boring. Children were let into the Adult Solarium all day long. Trivia games were held daily however their PA system need work done on it also. The best prizes they could give was a Free Bingo ticket. Toiletries in the bathroom consisted of a single bar of soap. No cheap shampoo or lotion. Embarkation and Disembarkation went smoothly. So sorry again Princess, no matter what city we find ourselves in, it's you all the way or stay home. 

I mean, to be fair, that's one of their very smallest, oldest ships. The newer ones are MUCH nicer.

We like to sail all of the different lines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

Given those parameters, scrap all Celebrity ships except Edge class or their Explorer Galapagos ships..  Solstice class and Millennium class both have the multi-tier dining rooms (2 story, but same difference - it's loud).

And, scrap plans for the new Sun Class on Princess as their MDR will be multi -tiered, 3 tiers if memory serves.. big change for them going from the smaller 2-5 dining rooms to one large MDR spread over 3 tiers with vaulted ceilings.. gonna be loud!

Happy sails elsewhere... 

I happen to like the multi tiered dining rooms. The ones Princess has had on their ships for decades feel closed-in in comparison. The Sun class will be a welcomed step forward in grand dining room designs. 

As for Celebrity, I have never had a bad cruise of the dozen or so we have taken with them. We've been on all the Millennium class ships, some multiple times, and enjoyed them all. They are "old school" with a more traditional feel to them. Lots of dark wood colors and cozy areas to lounge in. They just fell comfortable.

But our favorite ship of all time is the Celebrity Reflection. We were on it's 2nd cruise after being launched, the first being a short 5-day repositioning cruise for the press. I still remember walking aboard and smelling that "new ship" smell. Everything was brand new, clean and barely used, nothing worn or broken. That cruise was the closest to perfection, with everything on the ship working perfectly. 

Princess is our 2nd favorite line, and they come in a close second. A great line for itineraries, but a bit shy on amenities. We have sailed a similar number of times on each. 

Edited by PTMary
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

Happy sails elsewhere... 

The new three story dining room on the Sun doesn't look the traditional three stories vaulted; it looks to be more "cascaded", with some floors being spread out more...😊

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 7:24 PM, NMTexaco said:

Don't judge Royal Caribbean by that one ship (there is a reason it is sailing from Baltimore).  Their newer ships are actually very nice and have lots of innovative features...obviously much busier and noiser than a Princess cruise so not for everyone.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 6:31 PM, Mike45LC said:

Not wanting to be disloyal to Princess, but if you can get a great price on Celebrity, you should try it.  Princess and Celebrity are our two favorite cruise lines (now that Crystal is no more).

Crystal is back! They started taking reservations just recently. I can't wait.

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, malba2366 said:

Don't judge Royal Caribbean by that one ship (there is a reason it is sailing from Baltimore).  Their newer ships are actually very nice and have lots of innovative features...obviously much busier and noiser than a Princess cruise so not for everyone.

I’ll judge them for them forcing you to navigate a gauntlet of their photographers on the pier even when not cruising with them 😜

I was on the RC Navigator of the Seas last month.  I did not care for the layout of the ship and limited included dining options. I did like the loveseat in our Oceanview cabin (but not the junky nightstands). The ice skating show was phenomenal,  a definite highlight of the trip.

20 hours ago, CruiseSter1ing said:

That's one of the (many) reasons we dislike the Edge class.  4 nondescript, nothing-special restaurants instead of the more grand dining room.  We were equally unimpressed with the dining rooms on the Regal, which is standard across that class as I understand. 

On 2/15/2023 at 1:43 PM, CruiseSter1ing said:

I would disagree - I like the Celebrity Summit a lot. I’ve been on it several times 2011, 2014, and 2021. I enjoyed it every time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justafem said:

I strayed to (gulp) carnival.  Definitely the walmart of cruises. 

We've had a couple very nice cruises on Carnival. Just have to go when kid season is low and stay away from the 3-5 day booze pick-up cruises. Our worst experience was on A NCL ship we nicknamed "The Ghetto Boat". We'd like to try Celebrity but am not interested in their new edge balconies.

• Like 2