Next Cruise - No more Free Champaign

Well the accountants found another cost savings……

Our FIRST stop on embarkation is always, Next Cruise, to book a sail, and typically if your the first and sometimes within the first few bookings, you can request and get a bottle of bubbly…

We did this on Seven of our Eight sails in 2022…..well, NO more, the only “give away” is a raffle ticket for $250 OBC drawing at the end of the cruise…

The new normal is changing every day…

Stay safe all…Keep Cruising…

• Haha 3

We have booked at Next Cruise within the last 2 month on 2 different ships.  We did get a bottle of Champagne on one, but on another we did receive the raffle.  It seems to be different from ship to ship.  We booked on Celebrity 2 weeks ago and we received a bottle of red wine and a travel adapter, because we were the first to book a cruise that week.

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I seem to get random bottles of wine or champagne delivered. I wish they would quit. 

Sorry you didnt get one, you could have had mine. I give them away.

We have received mystery bottles of Champagne as well on our last 4-5 cruises. They just seem to pop up mid week for no apparent reason since we have never requested any and neither of us drinks Champagne. We give them to our son-in-law. 

2 hours ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

Our FIRST stop on embarkation is always, Next Cruise, to book a sail, and typically if your the first and sometimes within the first few bookings, you can request and get a bottle of bubbly…

We did this on Seven of our Eight sails in 2022…..well, NO more, the only “give away” is a raffle ticket for $250 OBC drawing at the end of the cruise…

We just cruised the beginning of March and I got a bottle of champagne and also won the raffle!  I always go the first day and book, and always get a bottle of champagne.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I seem to get random bottles of wine or champagne delivered. I wish they would quit. 

I love getting the random bottles as I love champagne.  Bring the home with me

LOL...you are not missing anything.  That free "Champagne" is rot gut.  

And of course the old French wine makers from Champagne France are rolling over in their graves whenever we call that stuff "Champagne".   Ok...off the wine snob soap box now.  😄 

Any time we got that bottle, like others...we gave it away to one of the crew.  😉 

• Like 5

Got a bottle of Vigne Dei Conti Espumoso Vino Spumante Extra Dry last week (03/13/2023) on Adventure for booking a 4 night in 2024...

Also won another bottle at Shore Excursion/Travel Trivia... (gave it away to young couple...)

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Is it actually champagne, or is it a bottle of cheap $8 "bubbly?" Cause if it's that, they're doing you a favor by saving you the headache you'll get from drinking it. 

Get some OJ and make mimosa's.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Is it actually champagne, or is it a bottle of cheap $8 "bubbly?" Cause if it's that, they're doing you a favor by saving you the headache you'll get from drinking it. 

It's definitely NOT real champagne.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

I'm confused how this is a cost savings.  Unless they are giving out a LOT of bottles of sparking wine, $250 to one person is more than 10 bottles of low cost sparkling wine.  Especially the really cheap stuff with a plastic stopper.

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

We do too.  We don’t like champagne.  I’d rather get a voucher for a free beverage.

• Like 1