Help Me Decide — Reflection or Beyond

Love the S-Class ships and have been on the Reflection numerous times (along with all sister ships); have not done the E-class.  Looking at doing a B2B2B 22-day on Reflection or a 21-day B2B on the Beyond, both in Aqua Class, same price range, same perks.  Know my preferred cabin locations on the Reflection, not a clue on the E-class.  Which one would you select and if E-class, what cabin location and why?  Thanks for the assist.

Beyond if you want to try something different as you have been on Reflection several times and her sister ships.  But no question, choose Reflection if you want a traditional balcony as others have stated vs the IV.  Beyond does have the Aqua Sky Suite for probably a lot more money, or maybe a regular sky suite.  Maybe worth it to be in the Retreat for such a long cruise!  If you choose Beyond in a regular cabin you can see if you can get a Sunset Veranda which has a real traditional balcony.  They are aft at the very back of the ship if you look at deck plans.  Maybe less expensive than Aqua class.

We have been on the Reflection 6 times and enjoyed every cruise but having been on all 3 E class ships the Beyond is our favorite Celebrity ship in the fleet. 

Is it possible timing wise to split your trip between the 2 ships.  Take 1 cruise on the Reflection which you enjoy and the other on the Beyond to experience a new ship?

I will say that Blu on the E class wasn’t as appealing to us as it is on the other ships.  With the 4 MDRs on E class you get the smaller dining room feel and more menu options. Blu also is not in a great location.  Booking on a E class we no longer consider Aqua as we don’t feel the price difference is justified vs a veranda and 4 MDRs.  So maybe save a few $ and book a veranda on the Beyond.

• Like 1

Could you possibly try out an E class ship for a shorter, cheaper itinerary before commiting to a 20+ day cruise?  We cruised on the Beyond with another couple, in Infinite Veranda cabins next to each other.  Although I loved most things about the Beyond, especially the four main dining rooms, I would not cruise on an E class ship again because I really missed having a traditional balcony.  My friend, however, loved it and the E class became her first choice of ship for future cruises.  So people have definite, but differing opinions.  There is no one right answer.

6 minutes ago, kristapb said:

Could you possibly try out an E class ship for a shorter, cheaper itinerary before commiting to a 20+ day cruise?  We cruised on the Beyond with another couple, in Infinite Veranda cabins next to each other.  Although I loved most things about the Beyond, especially the four main dining rooms, I would not cruise on an E class ship again because I really missed having a traditional balcony.  My friend, however, loved it and the E class became her first choice of ship for future cruises.  So people have definite, but differing opinions.  There is no one right answer.

Guess you won’t be traveling together again? 😉😂

Hi,

I cruised aboard the Celebrity Reflection in February 2022 and the Celebrity Beyond in February 2023. I greatly enjoyed both ships, but I would choose the Beyond. The design of the ship is stunning and it has some of the best production shows that I have ever seen. Also, I really like Eden on the E class ships.  

Chuck

Reflection is my favorite S class ship, but I love E class with the Retreat.  I have been on Edge and Apex, but am spending 21 days on Beyond in two weeks; however, since a real balcony is a must, I will be in a SS and SV, but will move just a couple cabins after the TA.  I am interested in trying the four main dining rooms, as  got tired of Luminae for our 26 days last fall on Apex. Whatever you choose, a cruise is always a wonderful way to vacation, especially overseas.   Europe is my personal favorite destination.  Maybe the itinerary, or trying something new will help your decision.  Of course, there is always the MoveUp option on either cruise if you want to place bid.  Enjoy and let us know what you decide.

Edited by Lastdance

I've not been on an E-class ship, so I cannot give a fully informed comment.

That said, I would strongly consider spending the rest of my life on board Reflection if I were given the choice.

Love both classes.  The E-class was wonderful.  We had a sky suite.  The service wonderful and the ship magnificent.  We also enjoy the Reflection.  The lawn club grill is one of our favorite restaurants at sea on the reflection and silly only- but we loved Eden on the E-class ships.!  If you could split your vacation why not do both?  We have done this before and it was fun!  

Also we were never fans of Blu, so really your choice- I would choose a sunset balcony on an e-class if I couldn't do a suite.

Enjoy your cruises.

Edited by Cruise a holic

On 4/5/2023 at 8:28 AM, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

Love the S-Class ships and have been on the Reflection numerous times (along with all sister ships); have not done the E-class.  Looking at doing a B2B2B 22-day on Reflection or a 21-day B2B on the Beyond, both in Aqua Class, same price range, same perks.  Know my preferred cabin locations on the Reflection, not a clue on the E-class.  Which one would you select and if E-class, what cabin location and why?  Thanks for the assist.

For a 22 day cruise I would do Reflection since you know your preferences.  If it was a 7 day one I would suggest trying a E Class ship.

E Class MDR is significantly better than S or M.  The interior art/design is significantly better.

But if you are getting Blu, then MDR isn't an issue.  The balcony and exterior of S class is far better than E class.  I love getting a drink and sitting on the lawn, or the middle of the ship with the view straight up the top.

Been on both. 

If you like a frosted Martini Bar and the Sky Lounge go for the Reflection 

The Martini bar on the Beyond is like being in an arena.   It is in the center of the atrium and always has a band playing there.  It is very busy and noisy.   The bar top isn’t frosted.  Not a deal breaker.  There are many other bars.   We spent more time at the World Class bar or Eden bar 

The infinite balcony is unique. Some love it others hate it 

Blu is larger because there are more AQ passengers. Still great service. 

Beyond has a lot of nice features and is totally different.  I would vote for the Beyond because you have never been on the E class and you need to experience it.   Think M class VS S class.  Both have their own personalities and pluses.  ;

You will never know until you try it  

BEYOND 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On 4/5/2023 at 8:28 AM, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

I have been on both.  The advantages of the Reflection are Murano and the Sky Lounge for me.  As for the Beyond,  the Theater is outstanding as is Eden Restaurant at night. The ship is stunning.  The production shows were great.   Beware on the Beyond because there seem to be rooms that are really noisy due to creaking.  Our room was quiet but we ran into several cruisers who had difficulties sleeping.  You may want to check out reviews of cabins.