The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday April 9th, 2023

7 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  

I get leg cramps.  I have found that if I wear socks at night, that they are not as bad.  But sometime after 4, my feet got way too warm, and i took off the socks, at 5:45 I had cramps in both legs. so I got up and lathered Theraworks on both legs, took a low dose aspirin, drank some water and went back to sleep. Had the craziest dreams!  And woke up at 8:30 with leg cramps, at this point I figured I should just get up.

The sky is blue and clear, and my computer shows a picture of the sun with two clouds, it looks like an Easter egg.  Temperature is 42. 

I hope you all have a wonderful happy and blessed day.

I get the most awful cramps in my feet, my toes curl up, and it’s impossible to make them go down.  Walking around doesn’t help, it must be a muscle in the top of my feet.  Also occasionally, cramps in my calves.  I have to sleep with a pillow on my feet, I don’t know if it’s the weight or the extra heat, but I just know I have to do it.  Pat sometimes needs to wear socks, but for me, it has to be a pillow!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

@StLouisCruisers

Sandi

Elliott Rose is just so darn cute!

I know.  It runs in the family!  🤣

@highscar that sounds awfully painful!  I hope it doesn't take too long to heal.  It's always the dominant hand, too.🖐️

• Like 10

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

One could. "Happy Passover" is probably more common.

The most traditional would be "A sweet and kosher Passover" (said in Yiddish) but I haven't heard it in real life for a long time.

Thank you!  DS who is a Theology Student has told me some lovely prayers, and has  learned a little Hebrew.    It is  so nice to learn more.  

• Like 9

cruising sister, my dd and ds would line their treats up and count to see who had found the most, then take turns hiding them for each other to find until they were bored. I was finding treats for days after Easter. Even the dog would help me look in case he had forgotten a treat.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

It's been a long & lovely day. My church choir sang in two services today, so the alarm was set for 6am. Ugh! Made it to church by 7:30. Finished up around 11.

Came home, took a nap, then helped DS install a window AC unit in his bedroom. It was beastly hot in there last week during our brief heat wave.

DS & I went out for Easter dinner and I was thrilled to see leg of lamb on the menu. Yes please! And strawberry rhubarb crisp ala mode for dessert. It's been a VERY good day!

20230409_090848.jpg

20230408_111719.jpg

• Like 16

Good evening. It was basically a quiet day today.  We took another ride to look at bluebonnets and wildflowers.  There are even more bluebonnets and other wildflowers than two weeks ago.  The good news is we avoided all the potholes.🤣

Dinner tonight was relatively easy.  DH grilled two bone-in pork chops which were very good.  All I had to do was reheat the leftover mashed potatoes, cook the asparagus in the air fryer, make the banana salad and pour the wine.  Dessert was ice cream.

FYI. I finally found out the second  church in my last post today is in Sarchi, but I couldn't find the name.

@grapau27 Graham, thank you for your kind words about my pictures.

@Vict0riann  Ann, doing nothing  on sea days is a hard job, but I'm sure you are up to the challenge.  😉

@highscar   Ouch, about your finger.  I hope it heals quickly.

@kochleffel  Paul, a professor in college told us a couple of Yiddish words and their meanings, but neither would be the appropriate to wish you a good Passover.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

a professor in college told us a couple of Yiddish words and their meanings, but neither would be the appropriate to wish you a good Passover.

Some of the few Yiddish words that are in use outside Yiddish-speaking enclaves aren't very polite!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Two pastors who are friends of mine on "Spacenook" posted this evening about finally getting a break after all the work of Lent and Holy Week.

It reminded me of how rabbis and cantors feel when the Jewish holidays in the fall--Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, seven or eight days of Sukkot, and then Shemini Atzeret and Simchat Torah--are over. One of the daily blessings for Sukkot praises God for telling us to sit in the sukkah. Rabbis and cantors change it after all those holidays close together to "who told us to sit on the sofa."

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Finally finished reading all the posts for today.

DH's father was taken prisoner of war in Egypt and transported to Germany .......World War 2.

Thank you to everyone who acknowledged our wedding anniversary, both today and yesterday, I won't mention you all by name, but thank you.

Thank you to those posters for the multiquoting responding to posts today.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2023 at 7:21 AM, erewhon said:

Finally finished reading all the posts for today.

DH's father was taken prisoner of war in Egypt and transported to Germany .......World War 2.

Thank you to everyone who acknowledged our wedding anniversary, both today and yesterday, I won't mention you all by name, but thank you.

Thank you to those posters for the multiquoting responding to posts today.

I lurk but I am reluctant to post because I am poor with technology and I do not know how to multi quote? and feel you only like multi quoting posters.

Judy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Judypops said:

I lurk but I am reluctant to post because I am poor with technology and I do not know how to multi quote? and feel you only like multi quoting posters.

Judy.

Hello Judy,  I am not @erewhon but will give you my understanding.   It’s not a matter of liking only those who multiquote,  but if posters makes numerous single posts it makes the thread  very long.  erewhon is down under so reads at the end.   So it is really only a matter of kindness.  

if you do want to multiquote just check the little box beside quote as you read posts and it is done automatically for you.  I learned this from very kind people on this thread who try to help each other to make it a good place for all.  

Anyone is most welcome to post, we’d love to hear more about you, where you’re from, what cruises you’ve done more the merrier. 

@erewhon hoping I have explained this well enough.  I was saddened to hear about your father in law’s prisoner of war experience.   But glad you had a nice anniversary.

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Judypops said:

Judy.

Welcome to the Daily!  We all would love for you to post more!  We won’t bite, promise. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Hello Judy,  I am not @erewhon but will give you my understanding.   It’s not a matter of liking only those who multiquote,  but if posters makes numerous single posts it makes the thread  very long.  erewhon is down under so reads at the end.   So it is really only a matter of kindness.  

if you do want to multiquote just check the little box beside quote as you read posts and it is done automatically for you.  I learned this from very kind people on this thread who try to help each other to make it a good place for all.  

Anyone is most welcome to post, we’d love to hear more about you, where you’re from, what cruises you’ve done more the merrier. 

That is most kind of you to reply.

I read a lot of love story books but never use any social media but lurk here sometimes because all of the posters seem so friendly to each other.

J

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Judypops said:

I read a lot of love story books but never use any social media but lurk here sometimes because all of the posters seem so friendly to each other.

J

Welcome, we're happy to "see" you here and hope you continue to post.  

I see you live in Scotland -- we have cruised there a couple times and think it's a beautiful country.  I would love to see more of it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Judypops said:

J

Don't worry about multi quoting.  I didn't know how to do it before this thread either.  Many of us didn't.  As others have said, we'd love to get to know you better.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Judypops Welcome Judy!  I started out as a lurker too and was very nervous about making my first post.  This is one of the most positive and helpful groups that I participate in.

My father is 87 years old and just got his first smart phone last week.  We started slowly: phone calls and text messages.  I see him regularly and each time I do we add one more feature.  He is really enjoying the camera and I have been receiving frequent texts from him with pictures (maybe too many🤣). Anyway, you can learn technology too!  This thread may help you.  Just tap on it to open.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Judypops said:

Judy.

Judy

Everyone who treats others kindly and respectfully is welcome here. Especially if you love animals. 

Ann

• Like 4