Just Curious. How Many Times........

Ret MP

How many times will you visit CoCoCay before you get tired of it?  Looking at the upcoming itineraries, ALMOST every embarkation from Florida and in the future, Galveston is making a stop at CoCoCay. 

I'm in the one-and-done camp unless we have our grandkids with us.  I got burned out on Cuzomel after about 5 or 6 consecutive cruises stopping there.  

So, put me in the "Been there, Done That, Not Gonna Do It Again" column, if I can help it.  

NOTE:  I'm only looking for your opinion/desire.  It is your opinion/desire and I'm not trying to change that.  I'm also trying to get a feel as to why they've (RCCL) invested so much of their cruiser's time into CoCoCay.  

• Like 1

We have been to CocoCay at least a dozen times and never tire of it.  Great pool, always able to find a chair with shade or an umbrella, and good food at the grills and snack shacks.  It really is a perfect day as far as we are concerned. 

• Like 7

I don’t think I’ll get tired of it.  I like a nice day at the beach.  Throw in food being included and drinks when you want them and it is hard combo to beat.  I think a trip to one or both of royal beach stops makes the itinerary more attractive.  My wife loves them too.  So for us they are a plus.  But good for others who might enjoy an empty ship.  I can relate with Cozumel, but I’ve probably been there at least 50 times.  Probably more like 70+.   

• Like 5

As of now, never. We went on a 3 & 4-night B2B last July just to go twice & otherwise stay on the ship. Then we did the same 4-nighter in October (although the GGG price also played a role).

Everyone falls somewhere on the spectrum of cruising for the ship or the ports. We are much closer to the ship side & Coco Cay feels like an extension of the ship to us, being able to use our D vouchers and excellent food included.

Different strokes…

• Like 5

I agree its a nice day at a sandy beach. Depending on the wind direction I go where there is less wind. At 9-9:30 you can get a front row lounge chair with an umbrella. Put on a mask at any of the beaches and you will see some fish. On the south side this past week I saw jacks, barracudas, grunts and rays. Food is good at lunch. I put some ear buds on and listen to music and enjoy the peace. I prefer Columbus Cove and Labadee in general but the same points apply.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RJ257 said:

I agree its a nice day at a sandy beach. Depending on the wind direction I go where there is less wind. At 9-9:30 you can get a front row lounge chair with an umbrella. Put on a mask at any of the beaches and you will see some fish. On the south side this past week I saw jacks, barracudas, grunts and rays. Food is good at lunch. I put some ear buds on and listen to music and enjoy the peace. I prefer Columbus Cove and Labadee in general but the same points apply.

I like Labadee too, but have to admit the food was better at CC than Labadee the last time we were at each (in the last year).  But Labadee food was good enough and didn’t make or break the experience.  Still had a great beach day.  

• Like 3

I think I'm just getting older.  Haven't been there and don't really want to go.  We like quiet, relaxing places.  Prefer staying on the ship.  We usually cruise when schools are in session.  Yes, we've passed that line.  Let the families enjoy.  Been there, done that too.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Since we sail multiple times a year, we mostly just go to the beach when in port (or stay on the ship). For us, CocoCay is a free beach day which is a bonus. No additional cost for loungers, umbrellas, food, drinks. Bonus!

I agree, it’s a great day for us.  It will be a long time before I’m tired of a free beach day.

• Like 5

Been a few times and don't care to go back. Not many good deals out there right now either. They go to Coco Cay, Haiti or Jamaica, all undesirable ports for us. Just came back from Cozumel but booked to go back although it's played out as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

How many times will you visit CoCoCay before you get tired of it?  Looking at the upcoming itineraries, ALMOST every embarkation from Florida and in the future, Galveston is making a stop at CoCoCay. 

I'm in the one-and-done camp unless we have our grandkids with us.  I got burned out on Cuzomel after about 5 or 6 consecutive cruises stopping there.  

So, put me in the "Been there, Done That, Not Gonna Do It Again" column, if I can help it.  

NOTE:  I'm only looking for your opinion/desire.  It is your opinion/desire and I'm not trying to change that.  I'm also trying to get a feel as to why they've (RCCL) invested so much of their cruiser's time into CoCoCay.  

11 Cruises coming up, only one the Florida-Boston Repo goes there. Havent been to Coco Cay in over 2 Decades

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

It is a pure beach day and travelers who do not live near a beach will go as often as they can. RCCL gets all the revenue from this stop so it will always be part of future itineraries.  This private island thing is picking up steam with most lines now having at least two!  For example: Carnival has Princess Cay, Half Moon Cay, Disney- Castaway Cay and Lighthouse Cay, Royal-Labadee, Coco Cay, NCL- Great Stirrup Cay, Harvast Caye. This is the future of cruising...whether we like it or not. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

As long as I continue to crave another beach day with pretty water and food that I didn't have to cook, I won't be done.

Teddie

• Like 2

We live in the Midwest and usually cruise over Spring Break when we are ready for winter to be over. We’ve been to Labadee a few times and NCL’s private island, but definitely prefer Coco Cay. We’ve only been to Coco Cay twice, so, it will be awhile before we are tired of it.

• Like 1

We were just there in mid-March. We didn't get off because it was cold, super windy and raining off and on. Many of the passengers who did, had to come back and get warmer clothes. 

We didn't get off before it was developed either, because I am not a fan of tender ports. Maybe next time. ☺️

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

But it doesn't have to be.  But, that's for a different time and place.  

Your right, it doesn't have to be but it is an integral part of Royals business model and profitability.  In fact if you look at the other mainstream cruise lines you will find they all have private islands.  There are other lines out there for those that seek something different.

• Like 3

Free beach day with free food, free beach access, 4 diamond drink vouchers, free loungers and umbrellas that are already set up and pool. Sign me up every time. I love CC. My hubs is not a beach person. He enjoys it for a couple of hours and lunch and then heads back to the ship. He feels safe leaving me to enjoy my beach day. Win win for us! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1