Adult Only Celebrity Cruise

shubsens

16 minutes ago, shubsens said:

Does Celebrity ever offer adult only cruises, I would book in a second .

I can think of one annual charter cruise on X that you might find blissful. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

We do music charters every year on celebrity normally on summit, they have 50’s, 60’s 70’s , 80’s , soul , disco etc , they sell out very quickly and are more expensive than normal cruises, but as already said celebrity does not attract children , definitely way more adult than other mass cruises.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shubsens said:

The charters I've been on that used Celebrity have been adults only, due to the stipulations of the chartering company.

The regular cruises I've done with Celebrity have each had few children that I could spot.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Longer cruises, more expensive cruises, and transoceanic cruises tend to have very few children.

Longer sailings require kids to miss more school, that's the primary reason, not price.  Speaking of price, TAs/TPs have very attractive per night pricing and if one is comparing for example, a TA to a Med sailing, with the TA you can save a little on airfare as you'll most likely only need one international flight

I have booked my first Celebrity and it is a 13 night transatlantic.  If you want “adults only,” I would book a longer cruise when school is in session.  There aren’t too many kids on those. I did a 16 day Hawaii cruise mid January.  We had maybe 8 kids on there.   I don’t expect to see any kids on an early November cruise.  

10 hours ago, shubsens said:

To answer your question directly, no.  Except possibly a charter cruise.  Try Viking.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shubsens said:

We sailed on a 9 night repositioning cruise (10/26/22-11/4/22) on Beyond from NY to FLL stopping in Bermuda, Curacao and Aruba. We had a great time and the ship was full.  There were a total of THREE (3) children on board.  

Edited by mfs2k

10 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Longer cruises, more expensive cruises, and transoceanic cruises tend to have very few children.

I wish. On our TA last October, there were a number of children, at least more than I would have expected. One, who was about 4-5 years old, would run screaming around the MDR while the parents ignored him. He'd roll around on the floor, slamming into chairs (the kid must have been bruised at the end of the cruise). It got to the point where you could see people holding their breath, hoping that (large) party would not be seated near them. It was quite the topic of conversation. If the dining staff said anything to the parents, it was not heeded.

Edited by xamsx
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, shubsens said:

Have you looked at Virgin? They advertise adults only.

Never tried them but they would meet your brief…Might be worth looking at a few reviews.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

We sailed on a 9 night repositioning cruise (10/26/22-11/4/22) on Beyond from NY to FLL stopping in Bermuda, Curacao and Aruba. We had a great time and the ship was full.  There were a total of THREE (3) children on board.  

We were on Beyond the week after thanksgiving, less than a dozen children on that cruise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RichYak said:

I can think of one annual charter cruise on X that you might find blissful. 

True!  

The one last November on the Reflection was Blissful indeed!

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

That would be a nice itinerary. 

11 hours ago, shubsens said:

September 2019 NE/Canada cruise on the Summit. One little kid. September 2022 NE/Canada cruise on the Summit. One little kid. Itinerary and time of year. 

• Like 3