The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday May 18th, 2023

richwmn

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for today's daily fleet reports and Daily Rich.

It is 13°C and cloudy at the moment.

We always use an electric dishwasher.

Most of our relatives have died or live a distance away from us.

Today's quote sounds right.

Thin based flatbread pizza sounds good.

We stayed pre and post cruise in New York in January 2098 when we sailed down to the Caribbean and back on Liberty of the seas.

We visited a lot of the sights including ground zero where the world trade buildings had been.

Good healing thoughts to all who need them.

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful day.

January 2008.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

This is what I posted the other two times NYC has been the port of the day.

We have been to NYC many times beginning in 1966 when a college journalism professor took a group of students to NYC to visit various media outlets and related businesses.  Four of us even got to sit in the studio during a broadcast of the Huntley, Brinkley Report, which was done without an audience.  While we were waiting to go into the studio, we were standing near the dressing rooms for the Tonight show.  We did not see Johnny Carson or Ed McMahon, but the actor Stephen Boyd stopped to talk to me.  He wanted to know if I was a model.  

Starting three years later, DH and I made many day trips to the city while he was stationed at Picatinny Arsenal in Dover, NJ.  On Sunday mornings, we were 45 minutes from Times Square by car, but we'd park on Governors Island as it was still an active military facility.  NYC was the only place I could show DH around.  

We've sailed out of NYC three times, once on the Rotterdam, once on the old Regal Princess and once on Tahitian Princess.  The first two were also roundtrips, so we've sailed into NYC twice.   In 2011, It was a port on our Prinsendam TA.  I'll check my pictures to see what I have that is different.

These are some pictures of Manhattan taken from the various ships as we sailed in or out of the harbor.

In 2003, the Rotterdam sailed from NYC the day after the blackout that covered a lot of the northeast.  Because of delays and cancellations of flights, the ship did not sail until early the next morning.  These pictures were taken while the ship was docked, one before sunset and one at night of the same scene.

IMG_1606.thumb.JPG.572e4c99524628cc6695f7728c30ce34.JPG

IMG_1613.thumb.JPG.ffdaab8fdf0b14e010e7683e43d5730e.JPG

These were taken on the very early morning return to NYC on the Rotterdam.

IMG_2430.thumb.JPG.6f6a66dd7ba34a1fbc5b695e6cd62ca9.JPG

The sunrise behind lower Manhattan

IMG_2435.thumb.JPG.9c42ca7594af611b20a6b01d00456a75.JPG

Ellis Island and the sun just beginning to brighten the New Jersey side of the river

IMG_2439.thumb.JPG.51497c6b6b4b62884479103fed164bc9.JPG

IMG_2441.thumb.JPG.2caaa80b25641adf01f9b817630c0bed.JPG

In 2004, we sailed on time and these are from that sail away. The first is the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum.  In the foreground of the second are the ventilation towers for the Lincoln Tunnel.

IMG_3686.thumb.JPG.17332fabe86aeedc0f8a16db6dba1312.JPG

IMG_3692.thumb.JPG.5dff35101c27c8f13dcdbe17cdc30679.JPG

Sailing from Brooklyn around lower Manhattan with Battery Park in the foreground.

IMG_6011.thumb.JPG.b8bc8cd87c0cfe7ce29035792a04db4c.JPG

The Staten Island Ferry

IMG_6026.thumb.JPG.3f1966c507d1ad8ebcbfaeda58b66184.JPG

The next pictures are from our port day in 2011 on the Prinsendam.  We spent most of our time in lower Manhattan to see ground zero and the new construction.

A Subway station

P1010822.thumb.JPG.673946ddd3f8cf2d91b02df79f42c0b1.JPG

A fountain in lower Manhattan

P1010823.thumb.JPG.8189ddc92e5831627c02db56eef9d6ed.JPG

St. Paul's Chapel

P1010828.thumb.JPG.be525b469613ab82c5796303e83a77cc.JPG

P1010832.thumb.JPG.fa7726c28d1c891a1ade7c39ab52b948.JPG

P1010833.thumb.JPG.3d34ab5c18b8471c64fddfd710f39f1a.JPG

The new construction from an observation room which accounts for the distortion

P1010839.thumb.JPG.32dc164ac7c91365279d128f10b3b4e0.JPG

Times Square on a cool, rainy day.

P1010840.thumb.JPG.227fd40ad48ad4178428919732a8db60.JPG

Tad's where we often ate when DH was in the Army.  It was cheap.

P1010844.thumb.JPG.1f8e6cfbaf0a10f9fb7549076119f762.JPG

A street on the way back to the Prinsendam

P1010845.thumb.JPG.dd68df1d72df15f250c75343416c7c8f.JPG

Sailing under the Verrazano Bridge 

P1010877.thumb.JPG.40f30dde4b8ba7be4a36436c69243adf.JPG

Lenda

Superb photos Lenda.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

May 18 is also the anniversary of the day I met DH (1968) and the first eruption of Mt. St. Helens in 1980.  We lived in Portland, OR then and had 2 small children.  That time the sound wave went over us and we didn't know about the eruption until my sister called me that morning to see if we were ok.  We didn't even get ash that time, but later eruptions we got a lot.  I still have a bag of ash I've kept all these years.

Like Gerry @ger_77, one of my top favorite museums would be the Museum of Antiquities in Cairo.  My second favorite would be the Louvre, and third the Hermitage as Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserposted.

Right now there are no dirty dishes in the sink thanks to the dishwasher.  We'll be seeing relatives this weekend at the DGSs birthday party.  The drink sounds very good, will pass on the wine and the meal sounds good.  We've sailed in and out of NYC once, photos below.

This morning I'll see the Nephrologist for the 2nd time.  It had to be postponed when I got Covid last month, and then I was traveling.  So my lab results that we'll be discussing are a little dated now, I'm sure she'll send me for more.  But those results were much better than previously, and I'm hoping she'll say good work!

Vanessa @JazzyVI'm glad the Covid tests are negative, but hope your head colds pass quickly.

Dixie @summer slopeI hope Bailey has a good check up.

Debbie @dfish Funny that the previous owner would think anything would still be there after all this time.  

We've been to NYC a few times and once on a cruise.  We and Rich @richwmntook the hop on hop off that day and had what we all agreed was excellent pizza near the 9-11 memorial.  

695044600_StatueofLiberty2017.jpg.9b71669cd79dd2d2d2a2695f03a2b560.jpg

NYC.jpg.6d3784201644e4f1376f9fce986875d0.jpg

995203777_HardRock.jpg.3f0ea0a7a6bcef25a7554135e9ba0dd4.jpg

One World Trade Center

781881757_OneWorldTradeCenter2017.thumb.jpg.701cf3ca7b0c1f93dc9f74975c767df3.jpg

Spot where John Lennon was killed at the Dakota Building

83105424_whereJohnLennonwaskilledatDakotaBuilding.jpg.0b093487501964580a3ef9622c9d9321.jpg

Times Square

1894101265_TimesSquare.thumb.jpg.1d63965f9de107f9ff951acbcbfbde1b.jpg

Metal cross at the 9-11 Memorial

2048921495_Metalcross9-11Memorial.thumb.jpg.b20f25a520ed0e7139fe6c0ded97f786.jpg

Nice photos and congratulations on your 55th anniversary of meeting your DH.

Good luck with your appointment today.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good morning again.  I'm back from my errands and haircut.  My hair now looks like it should instead of standing straight up when she finished cutting it.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, today we go to the community nurses' office for Pat to have a "bag-change" and hopefully learn better how to do it himself.  He also needs an appointment to take out stitches.  But I think he can now come off the Celebrations list, as we are pretty much back to normal.   We will be having relatives visit us on the weekend - DD and her BF are arriving from Gander and will be around until sometime in June.   Today the sky is a light grey-blue, a little bit better than yesterday, so hopefully the smoky smell will be gone.

It will be a holiday weekend here, so things will be very busy, I have an appointment for a haircut tomorrow, but then I hope we will stay in and have a quiet few days.   Airport Saturday morning to pick up DD.  Pat is driving again, but not allowed to lift for a while.  

Best wishes for all the Dailyites, and their cats and dogs!

Ann, I hope the visit to the community nurse's office goes well.  It's good to hear things are pretty much back to normal. 

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

May 18 is also the anniversary of the day I met DH (1968) and the first eruption of Mt. St. Helens in 1980.  We lived in Portland, OR then and had 2 small children.  That time the sound wave went over us and we didn't know about the eruption until my sister called me that morning to see if we were ok.  We didn't even get ash that time, but later eruptions we got a lot.  I still have a bag of ash I've kept all these years.

Like Gerry @ger_77, one of my top favorite museums would be the Museum of Antiquities in Cairo.  My second favorite would be the Louvre, and third the Hermitage as Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserposted.

Right now there are no dirty dishes in the sink thanks to the dishwasher.  We'll be seeing relatives this weekend at the DGSs birthday party.  The drink sounds very good, will pass on the wine and the meal sounds good.  We've sailed in and out of NYC once, photos below.

This morning I'll see the Nephrologist for the 2nd time.  It had to be postponed when I got Covid last month, and then I was traveling.  So my lab results that we'll be discussing are a little dated now, I'm sure she'll send me for more.  But those results were much better than previously, and I'm hoping she'll say good work!

Vanessa @JazzyVI'm glad the Covid tests are negative, but hope your head colds pass quickly.

Dixie @summer slopeI hope Bailey has a good check up.

Debbie @dfish Funny that the previous owner would think anything would still be there after all this time.  

We've been to NYC a few times and once on a cruise.  We and Rich @richwmntook the hop on hop off that day and had what we all agreed was excellent pizza near the 9-11 memorial.  

695044600_StatueofLiberty2017.jpg.9b71669cd79dd2d2d2a2695f03a2b560.jpg

NYC.jpg.6d3784201644e4f1376f9fce986875d0.jpg

995203777_HardRock.jpg.3f0ea0a7a6bcef25a7554135e9ba0dd4.jpg

One World Trade Center

781881757_OneWorldTradeCenter2017.thumb.jpg.701cf3ca7b0c1f93dc9f74975c767df3.jpg

Spot where John Lennon was killed at the Dakota Building

83105424_whereJohnLennonwaskilledatDakotaBuilding.jpg.0b093487501964580a3ef9622c9d9321.jpg

Times Square

1894101265_TimesSquare.thumb.jpg.1d63965f9de107f9ff951acbcbfbde1b.jpg

Metal cross at the 9-11 Memorial

2048921495_Metalcross9-11Memorial.thumb.jpg.b20f25a520ed0e7139fe6c0ded97f786.jpg

Carolyn, I hope the Nephrologist is happy with your results and that things are still heading in the right direction.

1 hour ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! After 220 days at sea and a post cruise stay in Florida, we are HOME!
The yard missed me, and has a long to do list ready. Today’s chore is tackling the tent caterpillar nests, which are just starting to hatch.

I have no idea what time zone I’m in, or why the land keeps moving underfoot, but it was sure nice to sleep in my own bed last night!

Happy Thursday, everyone! (At least, my iPad claims it's Thursday!)

Welcome home.

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning!

One of our favorite museums is the Alaska State Museum in Juneau. Have visited both the old and the new one a few times. Also love the Royal BC Museum in Victoria. Dirty dishes are in the dishwasher but it takes a while to get the dishwasher filled with only me at home. Will visit DH today for several hours as I have paperwork to sign. 

DH's wheelchair has been located and will be delivered to us tomorrow. In all the kerfuffle on Monday with two transport companies arriving to pick him up, the first company being told no-way and then second one the one to transfer him, and the first company removing him from his chair and putting him in theirs, his got left at the facility. Tomorrow the daughter of the Director of Nursing is coming up to Bellingham so she'll bring it to us either at the current facility or I'll be nice and meet them at a Starbucks right off the freeway to save them a bit of time. 

DH is adapting well and I'm so glad we got him moved. The last two days I've arrived right about 11:00 AM to find him up, dressed, in the chair, and at PT. He's working on standing each day (only a short amount of time but it's standing) and he's been doing the bike attached to his chair. He's staying up a good portion of the afternoon and I'm leaving about 4:30 to head home. That's a lot more time up and engaging with others and more being done for PT and OT. 

We're supposed to be in the mid-70s for the next few days. Have a lovely day! 

Karen

Karen, thanks for the good report on your DH.  It sounds like he is in the right place.  I'm glad they found the wheelchair and that it will be delivered to you.  I can't help wondering why the service transferred him out of his chair.

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Superb photos Lenda.

Thank you Graham.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, today we go to the community nurses' office for Pat to have a "bag-change" and hopefully learn better how to do it himself.  He also needs an appointment to take out stitches.  But I think he can now come off the Celebrations list, as we are pretty much back to normal.   We will be having relatives visit us on the weekend - DD and her BF are arriving from Gander and will be around until sometime in June.   Today the sky is a light grey-blue, a little bit better than yesterday, so hopefully the smoky smell will be gone.

It will be a holiday weekend here, so things will be very busy, I have an appointment for a haircut tomorrow, but then I hope we will stay in and have a quiet few days.   Airport Saturday morning to pick up DD.  Pat is driving again, but not allowed to lift for a while.  

Best wishes for all the Dailyites, and their cats and dogs!

Good evening Ann.

I hope everything goes to plan for Pat today.

I hope your tension headache has gone away.

Best wishes to you both.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Bailey's check-up was great.  She has gained 1/2 pound.  She has basil cell cancer of the colon.  We were going to put her on chemo pills the beginning of April but all the requirements for us to keep us safe and her age, 17.5 years, we decided after one to stop it.  Her blood work today was super and the Dr. said to see him again in 4-6 months.  She is doing great and doesn't know she is sick.  Thank you all for your prayers and concerns.

• Like 24

Blending Museums and New York, in the Aviation Museum in Gander, NL, there is a piece of the twin towers that has been donated to the museum, along with a large binder of thank you letters and an  ATC  screen of the flights converging on the airport.

IMG_0156.thumb.jpeg.7deacb5a33947b780441670954820a42.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening Ann.

I hope everything goes to plan for Pat today.

I hope your tension headache has gone away.

Best wishes to you both.

Graham.

I still have the headache, but it should go in a week or two.  I've had it since we were in Ireland, must be 4 weeks ago now, so it is time for it to start dissipating!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Wonderful photos of NY. Great memories!  I was born in Brooklyn, moved to Staten Island at 12. Went to multiple colleges of the NY City University, then Rutgers Newark branch for grad school. I took the ferry most every day for 2 years for classes at Hunter College. Never took any pictures, was too busy running for buses, trains and ferries. Grew up going to the NY museums!  I cruised out of NY at 16 on the Home Lines Oceanic. In 2013 DH and I cruised into NY returning from LA around the Horn. It was February, pre dawn, 30F. We were packed to disembark but had light jackets, needed parkas with the wind at the bow!  @JazzyV captured the sights beautifully!  

Besides the NY Metropolitan and NY Museum of Modern Art which had Picasso’s Guernica and Monet’s Water Lillies back then each in their own rooms! I think my favorite museums we’ve visited are the archeological museums in Athens, Naples and Santorini. I’m sure I would love Cairo’s but doubt I’ll get ever get there. 

I have copied down the recipe for Flatbread!  Thank you @dfish 

Were making progress working with the eye pressure device (tonometer). The software isn’t sending the data to the eye doctor; the company apparently needs to update an account for her. So far DH sends it via her email. The readings have been good to high so far. We hope it’ll all stay ok until August 1 surgery. Thank you for your continued good thoughts and prayers, always the best!  

Blessings for all the needs and concerns posted, I keep you all in my heart!  And to all in need of healing, comfort or hope near and far. Happy for all those celebrating 🥂 Life is Good!  

On the more somber side:  My NM fire chief asked me to write the Last Call for our department members memorial Saturday. I’m honored and grateful to be asked!  But it is so hard!  I wish I could be there but we won’t be traveling until well after surgery. The Last Call is put out over the 911 radio from Dispatch. It calls out twice for the departed member (by his Man Number) to respond, then acknowledges that he has made his Last Call. There’s a very brief mention of name, rank and departments where they served, acknowledgment of their years of dedication and the sacrifice of their family. It ends stating that he is now a Guardian of all responders. Then the radio traffic pause is released. After Last Call, the Four Fives are rung at the memorial:  the memorial bell is struck 5 times by 4 people each, remembering how fire companies used to announce call alarms long before radio dispatches, and the 4 Fives was to announce the death of a company member. Writing a personalized version was hard. I can never get through a memorial without a flow of tears. I’ve lost several chiefs, one in the line of duty, and many friends, with more to come. Sorry for my somberness but this too is part of our journey together. The department member being remembered Saturday was a firefighter, his wife was also EMS and we all worked side by side, day or night for 19 years as volunteers. People don’t realize that in the US ~70% of EMS and firefighters are volunteers covering the rural communities. Thanks for your support here.  

This is my Chief and me in 2017. IMG_1599.thumb.jpeg.a82b09bd8393cd685f595c39e14a567f.jpeg
m—

• Like 17
  • Thanks 13

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I still have the headache, but it should go in a week or two.  I've had it since we were in Ireland, must be 4 weeks ago now, so it is time for it to start dissipating!

I get an occasional tension headache and a couple of paracetamol and a neck massage/tickle from Pauline works every time after an hour or so.

I'm so sorry to hear how long your headache lasts Ann.

• Like 8

Just a quick hello.  Busy day - too many people in and out and now the lawn is treated so I have to keep Ivan off the grass for 24 hours - so I’m a busy girl.  - walks, etc.  LOL.

I’ll try to catch up later when I can put my feet up if that happens.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Wonderful photos of NY. Great memories!  I was born in Brooklyn, moved to Staten Island at 12. Went to multiple colleges of the NY City University, then Rutgers Newark branch for grad school. I took the ferry most every day for 2 years for classes at Hunter College. Never took any pictures, was too busy running for buses, trains and ferries. Grew up going to the NY museums!  I cruised out of NY at 16 on the Home Lines Oceanic. In 2013 DH and I cruised into NY returning from LA around the Horn. It was February, pre dawn, 30F. We were packed to disembark but had light jackets, needed parkas with the wind at the bow!  @JazzyV captured the sights beautifully!  

Besides the NY Metropolitan and NY Museum of Modern Art which had Picasso’s Guernica and Monet’s Water Lillies back then each in their own rooms! I think my favorite museums we’ve visited are the archeological museums in Athens, Naples and Santorini. I’m sure I would love Cairo’s but doubt I’ll get ever get there. 

Were making progress working with the eye pressure device (tonometer). The software isn’t sending the data to the eye doctor; the company apparently needs to update an account for her. So far DH sends it via her email. The readings have been good to high so far. We hope it’ll all stay ok until August 1 surgery. Thank you for your continued good thoughts and prayers, always the best!  

Blessings for all the needs and concerns posted, I keep you all in my heart!  And to all in need of healing, comfort or hope near and far. Happy for all those celebrating 🥂 Life is Good!  

On the more somber side:  My NM fire chief asked me to write the Last Call for our department members memorial Saturday. I’m honored and grateful to be asked!  But it is so hard!  I wish I could be there but we won’t be traveling until well after surgery. The Last Call is put out over the 911 radio from Dispatch. It calls out twice for the departed member (by his Man Number) to respond, then acknowledges that he has made his Last Call. There’s a very brief mention of name, rank and departments where they served, acknowledgment of their years of dedication and the sacrifice of their family. It ends stating that he is now a Guardian of all responders. Then the radio traffic pause is released. After Last Call, the Four Fives are rung at the memorial:  the memorial bell is struck 5 times by 4 people each, remembering how fire companies used to announce call alarms long before radio dispatches, and the 4 Fives was to announce the death of a company member. Writing a personalized version was hard. I can never get through a memorial without a flow of tears. I’ve lost several chiefs, one in the line of duty, and many friends, with more to come. Sorry for my somberness but this too is part of our journey together. The department member being remembered Saturday was a firefighter, his wife was also EMS and we all worked side by side, day or night for 19 years as volunteers. People don’t realize that in the US ~70% of EMS and firefighters are volunteers covering the rural communities. Thanks for your support here.  

This is my Chief and me in 2017. IMG_1599.thumb.jpeg.a82b09bd8393cd685f595c39e14a567f.jpeg
m—

Nice photo Maureen.

Good wishes and condolences to your departed friends and their families.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Blending Museums and New York, in the Aviation Museum in Gander, NL, there is a piece of the twin towers that has been donated to the museum, along with a large binder of thank you letters and an  ATC  screen of the flights converging on the airport.

IMG_0156.thumb.jpeg.7deacb5a33947b780441670954820a42.jpeg

IMG_0164.MOV 20.25 MB · 0 downloads  

I would LOVE to visit that museum.

Roy

• Like 15

Feeling the heat in Vancouver, was a shock coming off our wonderful and cool Alaska cruise.  Decided to take the day off and get stuff done, instead I'm on the phone.

Mrs Lobsternight just had to have this gazebo and its big.  It only made sense to expand our concrete patio, so been working on that.  Well one thing led to another, I decided I would treat myself to a small spa, and found a great deal on line.  Had a hell of a time ordering it, would not process.  Today I awoke to discover I now have 4 spas on the way.  Think I may have it resolved.

• Like 12
  • Haha 11

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photo Maureen.

Good wishes and condolences to your departed friends and their families.

Thank you Graham. You are always here for all of us!  Please pass along any news you might hear at church about Fr David!  m—

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

m—

What an honour but very difficult too. I had tears reading it, I can imagine your emotions!

• Like 16

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Bailey's check-up was great.  She has gained 1/2 pound.  She has basil cell cancer of the colon.  We were going to put her on chemo pills the beginning of April but all the requirements for us to keep us safe and her age, 17.5 years, we decided after one to stop it.  Her blood work today was super and the Dr. said to see him again in 4-6 months.  She is doing great and doesn't know she is sick.  Thank you all for your prayers and concerns.

Go Bailey! Great news Dixie!

• Like 15

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Excellent news on Bailey.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! After 220 days at sea and a post cruise stay in Florida, we are HOME!
The yard missed me, and has a long to do list ready. Today’s chore is tackling the tent caterpillar nests, which are just starting to hatch.

I have no idea what time zone I’m in, or why the land keeps moving underfoot, but it was sure nice to sleep in my own bed last night!

Welcome home!

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photos and congratulations on your 55th anniversary of meeting your DH.

Good luck with your appointment today.

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, I hope the Nephrologist is happy with your results and that things are still heading in the right direction.

Thank you Graham and Lenda.  The Nephrologist is very pleased and said I'm doing great!  That was music to my ears!  No more tests and appointments with her for 6 months.  My primary care physician will most likely do tests in August, so we'll see how I'm doing then.  On another note, another thank you to Gerry @ger_77for the tip about taking a photo of my at-home bp.  I showed it to her today (of course it was higher there as always thanks to my white coat syndrom).  And she put my at-home reading on my after-care paperwork. 🙂  

Wonderful news Dixie!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Thank you Graham. You are always here for all of us!  Please pass along any news you might hear at church about Fr David!  m—

Thank you for your kind sentiments Maureen.

Hopefully we will hear all about Father David's pilgrimage on Sunday.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Laura, you really have been gone a long time!  We have missed having you here, and I hope to see you here often (like daily) once you get back into the swing of things at home.  ☺️

4 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning!

One of our favorite museums is the Alaska State Museum in Juneau. Have visited both the old and the new one a few times. Also love the Royal BC Museum in Victoria. Dirty dishes are in the dishwasher but it takes a while to get the dishwasher filled with only me at home. Will visit DH today for several hours as I have paperwork to sign. 

DH's wheelchair has been located and will be delivered to us tomorrow. In all the kerfuffle on Monday with two transport companies arriving to pick him up, the first company being told no-way and then second one the one to transfer him, and the first company removing him from his chair and putting him in theirs, his got left at the facility. Tomorrow the daughter of the Director of Nursing is coming up to Bellingham so she'll bring it to us either at the current facility or I'll be nice and meet them at a Starbucks right off the freeway to save them a bit of time. 

DH is adapting well and I'm so glad we got him moved. The last two days I've arrived right about 11:00 AM to find him up, dressed, in the chair, and at PT. He's working on standing each day (only a short amount of time but it's standing) and he's been doing the bike attached to his chair. He's staying up a good portion of the afternoon and I'm leaving about 4:30 to head home. That's a lot more time up and engaging with others and more being done for PT and OT. 

We're supposed to be in the mid-70s for the next few days. Have a lovely day! 

Karen

Karen, it's great to hear how well your DH is doing at his normal PT facility.  Sounds like he will do much better there.  And I'm glad you got the wheelchair debacle straightened out.  Nice someone will bring it back tomorrow.  

More good news about Bailey doing better.  I hope she never feels she's sick and continues to soak up your love.

2 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

m—

Maureen, that is very sad listening to the Last Call comments.  It's the same feeling I get when at the graveside of my loved ones and the military personnel take the flag off the casket, fold it in its 13 Folds triangular shape, then drop to one knee to present it to the closest relative.  The thanks they give from a grateful nation always has me in tears.  I can feel the tears welling now.

DH checked out the treadmill belt.  Then he called the manufacturer to find out when our extended warranty expires.  Jan. 11, 2024 so we are completely covered for a new belt and the service technician who will come out to install it.  We will also be able to extend our warranty again if we wish before it expires in January.  Meanwhile, we can walk outside (weather permitting), or use the treadmills at our nearby fitness center.  

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, thank you for the offer to post the links for the port of the day, and my photos, if any, when we travel.  I will let you know what days I will need you to cover.  We haven't decided on travel days yet.  Nice of you to offer!

I've been working hard today on the Amazon cruise photo book and have 4 pages finished already.  I can either take it easy this evening or try to finish another page.  Today I finished Bridgetown, Barbados, and I still have 6 days left with stops in Aruba, Jamaica and Half Moon Cay.  There usually aren't a lot of photos on sea days unless there's some interesting event happening.  Back to work I guess.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good day and thanks all!  Love museums,  from a smaller jewel in Lisbon, the magnificent Hermitage seeing the treasury on our second visit,  and the delightful Musee de Cluny and Marmottan in Paris.  

NYC is one of our favourite places.  Great museums, the Met, the amazing Frick,  the MOMA where  DS had some of his work displayed. We have seen Julia Roberts and Helen Mirren on Broadway, DH worked in NYC with the NYPD after 911.  Celebrated st Patrick’s day at the parade, lunch where Harry met Sally.  We left our heart there. 

IMG_1609.jpeg

IMG_1662.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg

IMG_1628.jpeg

IMG_1636.jpeg

IMG_1582.jpeg

IMG_1663.jpeg

IMG_1592.jpeg

IMG_1686.jpeg

IMG_1604.jpeg

IMG_0489.jpeg

IMG_1573.jpeg

IMG_1574.jpeg

IMG_1614.jpeg

IMG_1586.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Well the mother and daughter cleaning ladies turned out to be originally from Sao Palo, Brazil and have been going strong since 8 AM. This is a deep clean and they are definitely doing that: everything has been moved,  cleaned underneath including large items like dressers, appliances and even the fridge fridge and it’s vents. The daughter is married to an active duty USAF pilot and Air Force Academy graduate.

Our house will be spic and span tonight and they will definitely be hired for two cleanings a month. We hit the jackpot with this great team.

• Like 24

Good sunny afternoon. I’ve sailed out of NYC many times over the years and day trips by bus and train as a child.

Fluff is still doing Okay and seems comfortable. The vet appointment is at 7:20.I pray for the best outcome possible.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1