Coffee Machine in Diamond Lounges

5 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Actually called cafe promenade.  They are the snack area on the promenade. They have a cappuccino and expresso machine for upgraded coffee—-for a fee of course!

Yes, I know.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Odyssey had issues this past February. New ship, new machine.

The new machine was great, but too many brain dead D's who couldn't understand the pictures.  They had an attendant there from 7-10am doing it for you.  😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

The new machine was great, but too many brain dead D's who couldn't understand the pictures.  They had an attendant there from 7-10am doing it for you.  😁

Now so easy to use, at airports and other places.    Hope all old machines have been replaced now!  

On 6/9/2023 at 10:13 PM, Airbear232 said:

Maybe given the vouchers everyone has they don’t feel a need to repair

On Odyssey, both lounges espresso machines were substandard and the Diamond concierge said they'd been trying to fix for weeks. All the crew can do is clean them, which they did every morning. They don't have the expertise to fix the problem. The problem was it wasn't heating the milk at all, so cold milk in your espresso for Cappuccino wasn't acceptable.  I also suspect the temp was too cold to brew the coffee correctly.  Suite lounge the same.  They just needed the vender expert on the machine to come in and that takes time apparently.  Don't think vouchers has anything to do with it.  That was in December Ocean Boy so you're saying nothing improved for at least 3 months!  WOW

Todd just told me she did give us a voucher for Promenade espresso, didn't realize it. Seriously considering bringing my Aeropress (Amazon-5 stars) next cruise and some espresso preground...BUT still need to go run down some really hot water!

Aeripress espresso maker.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

I am so lucky.  All these problems with coffee machines have escaped me.  

I drink my coffee black and have never had issues in any lounge. 

Having said that I have probably doomed my next cruise coffee experience. 

• Haha 4

Even before the change in happy hour beverages, about the only use we had for the Diamond Lounge was to get very early morning coffee while waiting for our room service order to be delivered. 

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Odyssey had issues this past February. New ship, new machine.

Well, obviously a machine can go down at anytime.  Likelihood is much less when the machine is newer.   Only machines I recall having regular issues when I sailed were Freedom class ships and that was a solid 10 years ago when we rotated between those and oasis class.  Now we almost always sail oasis class.  Never experience a DL or SL coffee machine down on oasis class.  

On 6/11/2023 at 7:57 PM, Wineaux007 said:

The issue has nothing to do with brain dead D's that can't understand pictures and everything to do with non-functioning machines.🙄

• Like 2

New machine (for me at least) in the SL on Wonder last week. Was very easy to learn. My favorite so far b/c you can increase the size of your beverage by hitting a +1 button. Setting a cappuccino (my drink of choice) to +2 fills it to the top of the paper to-go cups. Even my technically challenged in-laws learned how to make their plain coffees without my help. Only issue was the grounds tray would throw a “needs to be emptied” error often (the grounds pile up in one spot & trigger the sensor before it’s actually full) but that’s an easy fix you can do yourself. Just open the door, dump the basket in the trash, and replace it.

Didn’t get the chance to check but hoping/assuming the DL has the same machine as suite access is the exception not the rule for us.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 11:16 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Some machines have that feature, some do not.  
m

Hello,

Some muppet on the Indy, when I pointed out that he had put 'regular' beans in the 'decaf' hopper, said it made no difference as when you pressed the 'decaf' button, the machine would do the decaffeination of the beans.

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, cublet said:

Some muppet on the Indy, when I pointed out that he had put 'regular' beans in the 'decaf' hopper, said it made no difference as when you pressed the 'decaf' button, the machine would do the decaffeination of the beans.

Magic beans! If you plant them maybe you can grow a beanstalk that grows into the sky?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

And that is another reason why I use a daily drink voucher and often get the coffee at the coffee bar. I want decaf coffee. OR-to be sure, I often just take a decaf tea bag (either I bring my own or get them on board, and have a cup of  decaf tea. That way, I know what I’m getting. 

m

11 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

And that is another reason why I use a daily drink voucher and often get the coffee at the coffee bar. I want decaf coffee. OR-to be sure, I often just take a decaf tea bag (either I bring my own or get them on board, and have a cup of  decaf tea. That way, I know what I’m getting. 

m

Of course, you are assuming that the same muppet from the DL is not also working at the coffee bar.😊

• Haha 1

Boarded Navigator and dropped by the SL to say hello to the conceirge.  A maintenance person was there working on the coffee machine.  

This morning it worked fine.  Not sure what he did, but the SL and the DL machine are working fine.   In the DL now as it serves other DL guests as I am typing this.  

• Like 2

On 6/10/2023 at 11:08 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

It is common for me to  use a drink voucher for a speciality coffee.  I want speciality (espresso ) decaf and often the lounge  machines don’t have decaf. 
m

For me, no way I'm using a $14 drink voucher for coffee.  A nice martini or Manhattan every time!

• Like 2

On 6/10/2023 at 10:34 AM, loudbmw said:

The Oasis Diamond lounge coffee maker was great.  Its a new machine and available 24/7.  We get up very early and only on one occasion was the machine was out of beans. 

I wish I could say the same for the Oasis suite lounge coffee machine.  They removed the grounds container at night and didn't turn the machine until 6:00am.

Looking forward to trying that machine on the Oasis soon.  When we sailed Oasis in March, the Diamond Lounge was shut for the week, so we were sent to the juice bar who made specialty coffees all week long for us.  Just had to present our seapass to get the free coffees.  Kept the juice bar very busy that week.

Good machine on Vision last week, and no breakdown issues.  I did see a couple of people start pushing buttons before reading the screen, but at least I didn't see anyone pounding it or otherwise maltreating it, as I did on Grandeur and Enchantment in the past.