I thought I wouldn't miss 2x a day room cleaning... I was wrong.

1 hour ago, Wineaux007 said:

Maybe I won't, but if I do, they will certainly get an earful all the way up the chain.

Be sure to let us all know how that works out for you.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, pilot said:

I chuckle everytime I see someone state that they don't use a clean towel, everyday, at home.

Really?    Bless your heart.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RB9643 said:

Be sure to let us all know how that works out for you.

It usually works out.  The squeaky wheel usually gets the grease.  

It's amazing how so many are accepting this as the New Norm and gracefully accept it.

• Like 6

On 7/3/2023 at 1:04 PM, ShillyShally said:

Thanks for sharing, I'm hoping I won't care since I've gotten used to no service in hotels unless you stay longer or request it, but I also did love the twice daily service.  I've had to hunt down additional towels at hotels too, and it's a PITA, so I'll know to stay on it if needed!

I think I'd be fine with once a day if I have a findable steward, and we are not needy, but do have some requests we appreciate and tip well for.

MSC is still 2x.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2023 at 1:50 PM, CruiseMelissa said:

1. It was one of the things that made cruising more special than land-based vacations.  

"What is it you like about cruising vs other vacations?"

Is it the entertainment all over the place? No

Is it the tons of included and specialty food options? No

Is it waking up to new ports each day? No

Is it the views of the high sea and beautiful weather? No

Is the variety you get at a great price? No

It's an empty trash can and fresh towels!!!

Some of you are just hilarious to read. It sounds like some of you hypochondriacs need to wash your behind better. Because we don't need you bringing in more fecal matter in the pools, hot tubs, doorknobs, railing, basically everywhere where everyone else's poop already is.

I honestly don't know how so many of you have overflowing trash cans unless they are emptied 2x each day. Us 2 couldn't fill ours if we tried. What are you stuffing in there? Diapers? Entire dinner plates? 12 pack of beer? 

To us, it's a silly concept that we need more than 1x a day (and would survive even without that). In fact, we really dislike is when we want to go back to the room, and we caught them in the middle of a service. 1x makes it a lot easier to plan around. I've never been denied anything I've asked for. If I needed ice, extra towels, etc. I get it. Again, imagine telling potential new cruisers this is a reason why cruising isn't special anymore.

Whoever thought of the mass-market cruises as "luxury?" I'm convinced some of you just want to consume every possible food and service you can, regardless if you actually want or need it. You have a fear of missing out. There is a baseline of what used to be and/or what you think should be. Spending your "hard-earned money" entitles you to whatever think, allows you to berate the staff and short them on tips. 

Meanwhile, the rest of us aren't looking for trivial things to be mad about. We are out having a good time.

• Like 3

On 7/3/2023 at 9:54 PM, GJustice said:

Pretty sure you can ask for, and get, Ice twice a day. They're cutting back on the 2X FULL service visits, NOT abandoning us entirely. You'll never get anything you want without asking 🙂 

We chose evening, since we're always out from a bit before dinner, through dinner, and usually something after dinner, so there's plenty of time for them to do their thing while we're out. Breakfast doesn't (usually) take long enough since we usually come back to the room to take morning meds, etc and they seem to always want to come while we're there.

Roll with it. It's a VACATION 🙂

Do you get 2X Daily "maid" service at home? I sure don't.

I am the all day 24/7 maid at home... that's why I want my room to be "shipshape" on vacation.

• Like 17

On 7/15/2023 at 4:19 PM, Joebucks said:

"What is it you like about cruising vs other vacations?"

Is it the entertainment all over the place? No

Is it the tons of included and specialty food options? No

Is it waking up to new ports each day? No

Is it the views of the high sea and beautiful weather? No

Is the variety you get at a great price? No

It's an empty trash can and fresh towels!!!

Some of you are just hilarious to read. It sounds like some of you hypochondriacs need to wash your behind better. Because we don't need you bringing in more fecal matter in the pools, hot tubs, doorknobs, railing, basically everywhere where everyone else's poop already is.

I honestly don't know how so many of you have overflowing trash cans unless they are emptied 2x each day. Us 2 couldn't fill ours if we tried. What are you stuffing in there? Diapers? Entire dinner plates? 12 pack of beer? 

To us, it's a silly concept that we need more than 1x a day (and would survive even without that). In fact, we really dislike is when we want to go back to the room, and we caught them in the middle of a service. 1x makes it a lot easier to plan around. I've never been denied anything I've asked for. If I needed ice, extra towels, etc. I get it. Again, imagine telling potential new cruisers this is a reason why cruising isn't special anymore.

Whoever thought of the mass-market cruises as "luxury?" I'm convinced some of you just want to consume every possible food and service you can, regardless if you actually want or need it. You have a fear of missing out. There is a baseline of what used to be and/or what you think should be. Spending your "hard-earned money" entitles you to whatever think, allows you to berate the staff and short them on tips. 

Meanwhile, the rest of us aren't looking for trivial things to be mad about. We are out having a good time.

It is absolutely fine to disagree with others and good for you if you are happy with once a day cleaning. But there is no need to be rude about others whose wishes and priorities may be different.

Also, if you are not looking for trivial things to be mad about - why are you ranting on here about an internet thread? Have a blessed day.

• Like 10

Cruises are a lot of money for us. It is discretionary spend. Whether it is a main stream line, a premium line, or a luxury line, a cruise is still a luxury style vacation that includes service and amenities. 

When I go on a cruise I don't live like I do at home. 

I don't exercise as often as I do at home

I eat more than when I am at home 

I lay out in the sun more than when I am at home

I don't have a 40 square foot bathroom at home that I share with my entire family 

I don't have a maid or house cleaner at my home

It doesn't cost $500-800 per night for myself and my family to stay at my home

There's a lot of things I don't need at all, but they are part of the service and amenities package and I don't feel guilty saying I enjoy them. 

On a cruise I typically may shower 3 times a day; quick shower in morning to feel refreshed, always a shower before dinner to get any sunblock/sweat/sand off, and then I never feel comfortable getting into bed without another quick shower. So, yeah, it's nice to always come back to a room stocked with fresh, dry towels to use. 

Everyone is allowed to have preferences. Those are mine. When cruise lines reduce services and keep costs same, or increase them, that's for their benefit, not mine. When they assign a single staff member 20+ rooms to work on, that's ridiculous and management being chintzy. 

I go on a cruise for a break from my daily realities of life and part of that is the service level I described. If you are satisfied with a lower level, that is for you personally. I'm a super neat/clean person. Most of the time my room doesn't look "lived in".  I don't require daily towel animals or special attention; but coming back and showering to reuse a damp towel because the other towels and robe can't dry off in the bathroom is annoying. We can all pick and choose our desires. 

Edited by LMaxwell
  • Like 17

9 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Cruises are a lot of money for us. It is discretionary spend. Whether it is a main stream line, a premium line, or a luxury line, a cruise is still a luxury style vacation that includes service and amenities. 

When I go on a cruise I don't live like I do at home. 

I don't exercise as often as I do at home

I eat more than when I am at home 

I lay out in the sun more than when I am at home

I don't have a 40 square foot bathroom at home that I share with my entire family 

I don't have a maid or house cleaner at my home

It doesn't cost $500-800 per night for myself and my family to stay at my home

There's a lot of things I don't need at all, but they are part of the service and amenities package and I don't feel guilty saying I enjoy them. 

On a cruise I typically may shower 3 times a day; quick shower in morning to feel refreshed, always a shower before dinner to get any sunblock/sweat/sand off, and then I never feel comfortable getting into bed without another quick shower. So, yeah, it's nice to always come back to a room stocked with fresh, dry towels to use. 

Everyone is allowed to have preferences. Those are mine. When cruise lines reduce services and keep costs same, or increase them, that's for their benefit, not mine. When they assign a single staff member 20+ rooms to work on, that's ridiculous and management being chintzy. 

I go on a cruise for a break from my daily realities of life and part of that is the service level I described. If you are satisfied with a lower level, that is for you personally. I'm a super neat/clean person. Most of the time my room doesn't look "lived in".  I don't require daily towel animals or special attention; but coming back and showering to reuse a damp towel because the other towels and robe can't dry off in the bathroom is annoying. We can all pick and choose our desires. 

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

On 7/4/2023 at 7:25 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

You can't, that is why the requests were not fulfilled.

Used the app on Anthem of the Seas  to have delivered  extra  bathroom  set of towels,  they were delivered  in  30 minutes.

Screenshot_20230722_085319_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

I recently sailed on Harmony of the Seas. Although I didn't mind the one time per day room cleaning, I wasn't prepared to not have a choice of morning or night. (We met the room attendant late afternoon on the first day and he told us he could only clean our rooms in the evening around 6 p.m. (our dinner time). I told him I prefer morning but was told all the slots were filled up already. Apparently we didn't run into him earlier in the afternoon so we had no choice. 

I was a little annoyed by this bc I hadn't heard of anyone being told they couldn't request a time period. We made it work but it wasn't ideal. (I made the beds myself each morning bc I like the bed made and it seemed silly to have him make our beds at 6 p.m. just for us to go to sleep a few hours later LOL )

Edited by Melrosgirl
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sowhat said:

Used the app on Anthem of the Seas  to have delivered  extra  bathroom  set of towels,  they were delivered  in  30 minutes.

Screenshot_20230722_085319_Chrome.jpg

That's great, but did you have to be there to get the towels or would they put them in your room for you?  I'm not a big fan of needing something and then having to wait for it.  I can plan ahead for later in the day, but don't want to hang around and miss something going on around the ship. Especially since I was used to already getting those things before the cutbacks.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Melrosgirl said:

I recently sailed on Harmony of the Seas. Although I didn't mind the one time per day room cleaning, I wasn't prepared to not have a choice of morning or night. (We met the room attendant late afternoon on the first day and he told us he could only clean our rooms in the evening around 6 p.m. (our dinner time). I told him I prefer morning but was told all the slots were filled up already. Apparently we didn't run into him earlier in the afternoon so we had no choice. 

I was a little annoyed by this bc I hadn't heard of anyone being told they couldn't request a time period. We made it work but it wasn't ideal. (I made the beds myself each morning bc I like the bed made and it seemed silly to have him make our beds at 6 p.m. just for us to go to sleep a few hours later LOL )

That crosses a line and I think Royal needs to rethink this. Who wants and unkempt room coming back from shore and before getting ready for dinner? How do these exes get their jobs?

• Like 3