Trauma! Can't flip booking to TA...4 days past deadline, weird

yellowhat

Is there something sacred about X bookings ? I  wanted X to flip mybooķing to my small time (non threatening)TA. The sweet gal X customer service contacted her manager who said NO.

Stay tuned..counting out business days..I was 3 days out of their law of 30 days...Yup.. 36 hours

Yes sent email to executive.this afternoon,,..stay  tuned!

Thank you CC critics

• Haha 2

There are lots of deadlines that don't seem rational to anyone asking for an exception. Taxes have penalties if late ..why can't they just let it go? Tuitions need to be paid on time, but it wouldn't kill anybody to accept it late, would it? Oh, that prescription expired? Can't it be renewed anyway?

Exception to rules cause chaos, I tell you, CHAOS!!! Give them a day (or 36 hrs) and they'll want a week! The universe's very foundations will crumble, and the sun will soon fall out of its orbit around the earth! No, no, a thousand times NO!

For another perspective, conside Ralph Waldo Emerson's famous quote: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

Good luck anyway!

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, yellowhat said:

Is there something sacred about X bookings ? I  wanted X to flip mybooķing to my small time (non threatening)TA. The sweet gal X customer service contacted her manager who said NO.

Stay tuned..counting out business days..I was 3 days out of their law of 30 days...Yup.. 36 hours

Thank you CC critics

Well, a very good option for you is to cancel the original booking and re-book with your "small time (non threatening) TA.

I Am sure your TA would be more than happy to help you do that...

Trauma healed, but not the drama, I guess...

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 5
  • Haha 6

55 minutes ago, yellowhat said:

Is there something sacred about X bookings ?

I have to say I am surprised at the number of responses that pretty much upbraid the OP for his desire to set the transfer deadline aside.

This is the same forum that is nonstop attacking Celeb for its utter disregard toward its pasengers in the Japan overbookings, the Beyond cancellations, the many cutbacks or changes in dining, and now the decision to toss the no smoking rule aside by creating a vaping exception.

All oftl those situations involved Celeb changing its policies or promises without sufficient notice. 

Thinking it might just be fair for a guy asking for a small thing to be accommodated. What upsets y'all about that? No one responding here ever asked anything of Celeb?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

I have to say I am surprised at the number of responses that pretty much upbraid the OP for his desire to set the transfer deadline aside.

This is the same forum that is nonstop attacking Celeb for its utter disregard toward its pasengers in the Japan overbookings, the Beyond cancellations, the many cutbacks or changes in dining, and now the decision to toss the no smoking rule aside by creating a vaping exception.

All oftl those situations involved Celeb changing its policies or promises without sufficient notice. 

Thinking it might just be fair for a guy asking for a small thing to be accommodated. What upsets y'all about that? No one responding here ever asked anything of Celeb?

Totally different situation all together...

bon voyage

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Well, a very good option for you is to cancel the original booking and re-book with your "small time (non threatening) TA.

I Am sure your TA would be more than happy to help you do that...

Trauma healed, but not the drama, I guess...

bon voyage

But if they booked a cruise with a nonrefundable deposit, wouldn’t they lose it if they canceled and rebooked it with their TA?

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

You ever heard of the Golden Rule?
He who has the Gold, RULES. In this case it's XX, the double cross company.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, yellowhat said:

Thank you CC critics

Not sure why you would expect to be able to do this after the deadline. Could you elaborate please

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yellowhat said:

Thank you CC critics

Executives are hip deep in vaping emails with no letup in sight.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

But if they booked a cruise with a nonrefundable deposit, wouldn’t they lose it if they canceled and rebooked it with their TA?

Max $200 and there are ways, possibly, around that...

bon voyage

5 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Max $200 and there are ways, possibly, around that...

bon voyage

I believe that’s no long the case if the NRD booking was made after 3/2/2023.

Non-Refundable Deposit Bookings (“NRDB”): To qualify for the lowest available cruise fare, guest must choose a non-refundable deposit. All deposit payments for NRDB made after 03/02/23 are non-refundable from the time of booking. NRDB are applicable to groups at prevailing rates. Not applicable to incentive, contract, or charter groups. Nonrefundable deposit offers are applicable to sailings within final payment, however full deposit is due at time of booking.

• Thanks 1

I had this issue recently where I didn't realize Celebrity had such a short window in which you could transfer to a TA (other lines will let you do it whenever). However, the thing that really irks me is that after I transferred my deposit from an Equinox 2023 cruise (that I could no longer go on) to a Beyond 2024 cruise - duly paying the transfer fee, of course - they considered that to be the same booking number and would not let me transfer the Beyond cruise to my TA. Which is absurd IMO. How is it the same booking number? It's a completely different ship and date.

8 minutes ago, allinwonderland said:

I had this issue recently where I didn't realize Celebrity had such a short window in which you could transfer to a TA (other lines will let you do it whenever). However, the thing that really irks me is that after I transferred my deposit from an Equinox 2023 cruise (that I could no longer go on) to a Beyond 2024 cruise - duly paying the transfer fee, of course - they considered that to be the same booking number and would not let me transfer the Beyond cruise to my TA. Which is absurd IMO. How is it the same booking number? It's a completely different ship and date.

When you transfer the deposit from an old cruise to a new one, the booking number stays the same. This is a useful tactic when you book a cruise on board to get the bonus OBC and you want to cancel it and book a different cruise and keep the bonus OBC (the bonus OBC is attached to the original booking number). 

When you cancel the old cruise (with the deposit refunded back to you) and you book another cruise and put down a deposit, a new booking number is generated. 

If you transfer a deposit from an old cruise to a new one, you might be able to request a new booking number. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

I had this issue last year.  I booked the cruises as we had been told to get the rooms we wanted to book rather than do a hold as I had done previously and I immediately filled out a form to transfer to our TA which she submitted and Celebrity ignored.  Our TA kept contacting them and asking when she was getting the booking so she could add my name to it as it wouldn't let me put my name on the second leg of the S2S.  Hubby laughed and said that he hadn't yet decided if he was taking me and Celebrity knew this.
After over 3 months Celebrity got back to our TA and told her she couldn't have them.  I had to refill in forms and we sent in a paper trail showing their incompetance and within 48 hours the cruises were finally back with our TA.  The main reason we wanted her to have them is because she currently has FCC from 2 cruises that Celebrity cancelled on us last year that we want to use as payment for them.

1 hour ago, allinwonderland said:

I had this issue recently where I didn't realize Celebrity had such a short window in which you could transfer to a TA (other lines will let you do it whenever).

I'm a junior cruiser compared to most here, but every line that I've done transfers on has a window.  NCL's window, for example, is only 14 days!  😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We would loose our deposit in UK, so wouldn’t be an option for me.

13 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

We would loose our deposit in UK, so wouldn’t be an option for me.

As Bo pointed out you would only loose the deposit you paid which, when you book onboard, is only $200 so it might make sense - you would have to do the maths (math). Also as you are Elite you get a free change so X might (just might) let you cancel and rebook the same cruise in a different cabin which you would immediately transfer to your agent. As different X employees interpret the rules differently it's worth a phone call to see.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, the penguins said:

As Bo pointed out you would only loose the deposit you paid which, when you book onboard, is only $200 so it might make sense - you would have to do the maths (math). Also as you are Elite you get a free change so X might (just might) let you cancel and rebook the same cruise in a different cabin which you would immediately transfer to your agent. As different X employees interpret the rules differently it's worth a phone call to see.

The OP has phoned and been told No so has written to Executive office