The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday July 21st, 2023

richwmn

17 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Cruzin Terri I couldn't like your post, with all the injuries involved.  I read the other day that you were going to be in Ponta Delgada ? in November.  Do you know what date?  We will be there on 11/3.

Would be nice if we were both there on the same day, we could meet up a world away.  We will be in Madiera on 11/1.

Annie,  Thanks for your thoughts about Jim.  He will be all right.

We will be in Madeira on November 18.  i wish it would be the same day you were there.  it would be so much fun to meet.  We will be in Italy beginning Oct. 25.  first in Venice, then Florence and then Rome.  We board the Sirena on Nov. 13.  What is your schedule?

Terri

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I had a strange high  fever yesterday, but no shots to explain.   Better today.  

So glad you are feeling better today, Brenda 👍 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marshhawk said:

@Cruzin TerriWe arrive in Rome on the 13th of October, board on the 18th, cruising Greece, Turkey and Italy and then stay on the ship for the trip home.  We get into Tampa on Nov 12.  The first part is port intensive, the second part is sea intensive.

Too bad we will miss each other.  It would have been really nice to meet you.

Terri

• Like 13

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On our first cruise ever in 2002 DDIL set us up on the Star Princess from Anchorage to Vancouver.  I thought this photo of the Star Princess with P&O emblazoned on its hull was interesting.  What do you think of that Graham @grapau27??

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLn_d_x2_xMnqx-ZrQvTH-u?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1347119157

During the afternoon we took a tour that included a van ride up a mountain and a bike ride down the mountain.  Unfortunately it began to rain so they pulled out these lovely raincoats and pants for the riders to wear.  Sure doesn't look like they fit well, does it?

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI1K3NZlRd-jmSqHLHWAX-J?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1347119163

A stop at a waterfall along the road.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIj0VAAWbz_2-__AUTfJAPZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1347119163

Great photos huh?  LOL

Great photos.

Interesting seeing P&O Star Princess name.

My screenshot gives a reason why.

Our first P&O cruise was on Aurora in October 2003.

We were on P&O Adonia in May 2004 and on her again when she reverted to Sea Princess in May 2006.

Screenshot_20230721_203755.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We were in Skagway twice in 2009 when we took B2B cruises on Sapphire Princess Vancouver roundtrip.  It worked out well because the first week it was nice in Ketchikan but not the rest of the ports, and the second week Ketchikan was rainy and everything else was beautiful!  Best day we ever had in Glacier Bay that second week.  

The first week in Skagway a view of the train picking up people right at the ship for their excursions.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIYVbGZ4M3nTEfV0gxT9UdN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365187822

I liked the "money" store sign.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVnqCvNgdZvydPChvdg10D?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365187895

I also liked the new and improved sidewalk back to the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ0vRxwcyP1wrA77TcolOb0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365187950

The next week - sunny!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKgKgb3MqTB6795vRLt5Z6Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365188829

Back to back Princess ships, with their shopping cart handles in close proximity.  Princess cruisers know what I'm referring to.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_wfi-VSvLVpXL8B90l13G?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365188899

Checking out the aft balconies on the Golden Princess from our perch on the Sapphire Princess.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLwQ67KXiv48h7uUf6GG8EX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365188958

Another view of the Golden Princess shopping cart handles (Skywalkers Lounge).00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-3lQa7k-DTMPmWLr-tfvW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365188925

Incidentally, we celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary the second day of the 14 day cruise.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ_qZgbLm_m4T7hmUF48Qeb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365187483

Nice photos of you two Sandi and Skagway.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Skagway was always my least favorite AK port.  Then I discovered these hiking trails. A lot of fun for $0.

SkagwayMapwHiLite.thumb.jpg.4e264a0126ff9320c1e5b7723ea834f1.jpg

I tried to highlight two of the trailheads by circling them in red on this map.  My understanding is that there is another trail out by the cemetery.  The one at the top left of the map, past the airport and mover the river is fairly easy.  The one at the lower left of the map goes uphill, and, let me tell you, I am huffing and puffing by the time I get to the lake, but it is fun.

DSCF2221.thumb.JPG.5fb76515b5d21f44f26358fe674c76eb.JPG

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon. I'm back from PT. I didn't feel like going, as I was still tired from yesterday's yardwork and my stomach was a little upset. But I took a Tums and went. They don't seem to keep it that cool in there, and by the end of my exercises my hair was wet and I was sweaty. And the passive stretching they do with my legs is like doing a split, lol. 

@StLouisCruisers Did you ever figure out what the issue with posting was? Love the rain suits 😉!  And thanks for the Skagway pictures.

@sailingdutchy Great photos.

@luvteaching I'm glad you're doing ok. Speaking of saving stuff, I've been helping BFF go through his late Father's house, and there are large collections of plastic bags, plastic lids from fast food drinks, empty Ensure bottles, etc. So lots of garbage bags and recycle bins being filled.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm happy to hear DH got an appointment with the neurosurgeon. 

@kazu I hope decreasing or stopping the pain meds helps Ivan, and that he won't be in pain.

@marshhawk Not a good situation at PT. My place had more therapists than clients while I was there. 

@bennybear Nice photos.

The big doings here this weekend, is Picklesburgh, which has pickle flavored everything (beer, iced tea, ice cream 😝), contests, etc.

Picklesburgh Becoming Pittsburgh's Bread and Butter - Blue Sky PIT News Site

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Greetings all, 

Today has been a series of delays.  We are finally on the flight to Boston.  This flight left after we were supposed to be there.  Oh, well.  Safety is more impaneled we will get there and board our ship tomorrow.  

Thank you to all who have wished us a safe and fun trip. We are totally excited and even if we get to Boston at midnight, we’ll be up for seeking dinner.  So far I had a bag of chis and glass of wine for lunch. I followed that up with some pistachios.

Here’s my wine of the day:

image.thumb.jpg.8a23c4cbe1726d1fa5c4d26418adc17b.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks.  Heard back from Ivan’s vet (they are SO good and caring).  Ivan doesn’t do oops - he never has.  The first time, I thought maybe it was the guys here working and wasn’t concerned.  But yesterday everything was back to normal. He’s going off his pain meds for the weekend to see if that fixes the problem.  If he’s in serious pain of course he will get one.  But the meds are highly suspect right now.  Hoping that is all it is.  There is another reason - severe pain in his spine.  I hope he’s not in pain I can’t see.  I guess we’ll find out.

I was warned to expect one tomorrow until the meds are out of his system.  That wakes you up faster than a sip of coffee 😣 

I just hope the injection is working enough that he will not be in pain 🤞 

Jacqui, I also hope the injection is working and that reducing or stopping the pain meds helps Ivan without causing pain.  It would be nice if sometimes they could talk so they could tell us how they feel.

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@Cruzin Terri I couldn't like your post, with all the injuries involved.  I read the other day that you were going to be in Ponta Delgada ? in November.  Do you know what date?  We will be there on 11/3.

Would be nice if we were both there on the same day, we could meet up a world away.  We will be in Madiera on 11/1.

@kazuI was thinking Ivan's tummy might not like the meds.  I hope that he is doing better after this weekend.

And I think my pictures of the tourist shops might have been in Whitehorse.  It's been a while since we were there.

The therapist today was overworked! One therapist, no front desk employee, the phones dont work, and neither did their internet, so I could not schedule my second appointment for next week.  There I was the little old lady in pain, and my two companions in torture was a dancer getting ready for auditions and a 12 year old kid, who is atrophying due to lack of exercise.  The therapist threw me out after 30 minutes.  Can't wait to see Sidney again on Tuesday.

DH and I had lunch at our favorite Greek restaurant yesterday.  In the booth behind me were 4 middle aged and aging women...they were all talking about their recent cruises, and the cruises they had coming up.  They were not cruising together.  One was from AZ, one from NY, and the other two, I have no idea, but they did not have that Southern sound in their voices.  I really wanted to turn around and ask them if they were on Cruise Critic.  I of course couldn't, 1) because I am physically unable to just turn around, and 2)  DH would have told me to mind my own business...LOL

Annie, I'm not happy about what I'm reading about the place where you are getting your PT.  They seem disorganized and understaffed.  Is there another place close by that you can go to for PT?  You might want talk to Sidney about today when you have your next session.

17 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. I'm back from PT. I didn't feel like going, as I was still tired from yesterday's yardwork and my stomach was a little upset. But I took a Tums and went. They don't seem to keep it that cool in there, and by the end of my exercises my hair was wet and I was sweaty. And the passive stretching they do with my legs is like doing a split, lol. 

@StLouisCruisers Did you ever figure out what the issue with posting was? Love the rain suits 😉!  And thanks for the Skagway pictures.

@luvteaching I'm glad you're doing ok. Speaking of saving stuff, I've been helping BFF go through his late Father's house, and there are large collections of plastic bags, plastic lids from fast food drinks, empty Ensure bottles, etc. So lots of garbage bags and recycle bins being filled.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm happy to hear DH got an appointment with the neurosurgeon. 

@kazu I hope decreasing or stopping the pain meds helps Ivan, and that he won't be in pain.

@marshhawk Not a good situation at PT. My place had more therapists than clients while I was there. 

@bennybear Nice photos.

The big doings here this weekend, is Picklesburgh, which has pickle flavored everything (beer, iced tea, ice cream 😝), contests, etc.

Vanessa, that seems unusual for a therapy place to be warm.  In the past year, I've noticed almost every medical place we've been, and especially the hospitals are cold.  I think I will avoid Picklesburgh, especially since I'm not fond of pickles.

6 minutes ago, dfish said:

Greetings all, 

Today has been a series of delays.  We are finally on the flight to Boston.  This flight left after we were supposed to be there.  Oh, well.  Safety is more impaneled we will get there and board our ship tomorrow.  

Thank you to all who have wished us a safe and fun trip. We are totally excited and even if we get to Boston at midnight, we’ll be up for seeking dinner.  So far I had a bag of chis and glass of wine for lunch. I followed that up with some pistachios.

Debbie, I'm sorry about the delay getting your flight off the ground.  I hope you get there early enough for dinner and to get some rest.

@bennybear  Brenda, I'm glad you are feeling better today.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

@bennybear Nice photos.

Vanessa, the third paragraph in my early morning post had 5 emojis in it and in one spot I did something unusual - put 3 emojis in a row.  First thing I did was remove the emojis because honestly the text was so ordinary I couldn't imagine what was so bad.  When I tried submitting it again after the deletions, it went right through.  So I edited the post to tell what I had done.  I haven't checked so I assume all my posts are still here.  I won't use three emojis in a row again!

Wow on that pickle balloon!

17 minutes ago, dfish said:

Greetings all, 

Oh no on the delay!  I'm worried about cancellations and delays too next Friday.  I'm hoping the weather is okay around the country that day.  As long as I get there before boarding Saturday.  I hope everything else goes smoothly for you two from here on out!

• Like 17

While on the Thursday Donut run, I saw a flyer for a play at the place that I worked for 15 years.  I called them today to see if they still offered Veterans tickets, courtesy of Arthur Blank the owner of Home Depot.  I was told yes. so DH and I got tickets at the Hertz stage, Alliance theatre for August 27.

You usually have to do that a week in advance, but the gentleman who called me back, was one of my old co workers.  Then, I thought, well I want to go do more, so I called the Shakespeare Tavern in Atlanta, and got tickets for next weekend for a Midsummer Night's Dream.  One of my favorite Shakespeare stories.  We have tickets on Tuesday for our County's symphony, which we became patrons of last year, this is their final concert for the season, and they start back up in September.

So two concerts, and two theatrical productions And I renewed the next season with our symphony.

We got culture, DH said, and I said, yes, in the yogurt in the fridge....

• Like 21
  • Haha 3

Greetings from Boston. Despite the nasty thunderstorm we had overnight  the plane was more-or-less on time. I woke up at 3:30 am because of the storm & never got back to sleep. At 6am I was up to finish packing. I should sleep tonight!

I had the (not so) bright idea that tomorrow I would walk from the hotel to the cruise terminal with my two suitcases. I did a dry run this afternoon & realized that wasn't a good idea. Back to the taxi plan!

My friend Denny showed small signs of improvement yesterday. We're praying that it continues. Thanks for all your prayers & good wishes!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon 

We had a great time at the zoo and after picking up our oldest DGS from camp we’re resting at their house before going out for dinner. 

As many times as we’ve gone to the zoo here, I seem to see new things each time. For one thing this was the first time we were able to see a couple programs. First was the feeding of the penguins (trout) and then training a gorgeous tiger. All fascinating. We also saw Grizzlies and a beautiful Lynx. 

IMG_0833.thumb.jpeg.884ec6e805ac056352ad5ebff6c32277.jpeg

IMG_0830.thumb.jpeg.429b4f370820d0954d912cf4cee18f37.jpeg

IMG_0863.thumb.jpeg.bbe3a3dfde8325ce8f2f65997fef95ff.jpeg

IMG_0864.thumb.jpeg.8a80d57ca2c7fb885cd182dbeac2d87f.jpeg

IMG_0865.thumb.jpeg.c5c7a54e1a4eef50d125381555562282.jpeg

IMG_0858.thumb.jpeg.8e18e5bf7296c7c24032c90b2f095de7.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Good evening,

We did finally arrive in Boston just before 7 pm.  Since we didn't travel light, we took a taxi in.  We were going to try navigating the Blue Line, but we were too old, too tired, too cranky, and too hungry.  The taxi ride was no longer than what we've experienced in the past.  

We really took junk food day to heart.  Breakfast was a handful of peanuts, lunch a bag of chips, and dinner a bag of nuts.  When we got to the hotel the gentleman who checked us in gave us free drink vouchers.  That improved our mood greatly.  We also got some real food.

Tomorrow we will board the ship knowing we get to stay there for a month.  Yes!

Wishing you all a good night.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good evening,

We did finally arrive in Boston just before 7 pm.  Since we didn't travel light, we took a taxi in.  We were going to try navigating the Blue Line, but we were too old, too tired, too cranky, and too hungry.  The taxi ride was no longer than what we've experienced in the past.  

We really took junk food day to heart.  Breakfast was a handful of peanuts, lunch a bag of chips, and dinner a bag of nuts.  When we got to the hotel the gentleman who checked us in gave us free drink vouchers.  That improved our mood greatly.  We also got some real food.

Tomorrow we will board the ship knowing we get to stay there for a month.  Yes!

Wishing you all a good night.

Debbie, glad you finally made it safely to Boston.  A free drink and food sounds like a good way to end a long day.

Lenda

• Like 13

Good morning from the Baltic and our last day on board the Oceania Marina,  I have been trying to like the last number of posts but CC will not hear of it.  

So I am hoping this post will go through.

@dfish Debbie, I hope you and Sue have a wonderful time.  Glad you got to Boston and are settled in your hotel room.  Hope you got something to eat.

@NextOne Glad that there is some improvement in Dennie.  I hope it keeps up.

@JazzyV Vanessa, Hope you are feeling better after PT

and @StLouisCruisers I like the photos of Skagway.

Today we stay on the ship and pack up.  We are spending three days in Copenhagen before we go home.  Please pray it doesn’t rain for the whole time.

Terri

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good evening!  Thank you ALL for the Birthday wishes for Craig. It was an uneventful day because I was with DM for an appointment most of the day and DGD Summer is here for a few days. So we will celebrate next week, hopefully Monday. 

BTW Vanessa, you really have a knack for keeping track of all of us. I’m beyond impressed. 

• Like 10

11 hours ago, NextOne said:

Greetings from Boston. Despite the nasty thunderstorm we had overnight  the plane was more-or-less on time. I woke up at 3:30 am because of the storm & never got back to sleep. At 6am I was up to finish packing. I should sleep tonight!

I had the (not so) bright idea that tomorrow I would walk from the hotel to the cruise terminal with my two suitcases. I did a dry run this afternoon & realized that wasn't a good idea. Back to the taxi plan!

My friend Denny showed small signs of improvement yesterday. We're praying that it continues. Thanks for all your prayers & good wishes!

Edi, I'm glad you made it to Boston safely and without any problems.  That is good news about Denny showing small signs of improvement.   Sending positive thoughts for continued improvement and a complete recovery.

Lenda 

• Like 4