Improving the experience and making X money!

chemmo

Another vote for an escape room type thing. Tbh they could just leave one of the pointless shops as they are, lock me in and hide the key, and I guarantee I'd be out of there in record time. 

Something I'd also be interested in would be dinner with captain/senior crew maybe. However, I'd imagine that would sell out very quickly so how about having tickets for that raffled off instead. Might have to limit that to cruises longer than 7 days or something - can't expect the captain/senior crew to be doing that every 3 nights when they turn Reflection into a booze cruise short trip only ship next year. 

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Take out one of the underutilized expensive shops.  Replace it with a true, well stocked pharmacy.  Maybe not a pay extra but Celebrity would make good money on this.

You would have to staff with a real pharmacist (or 2) if wanting to sell meds ( antibiotics, COVID-19 meds, etc.) and there would go 1/2 of your profit margin...

3 minutes ago, padgman1 said:

You would have to staff with a real pharmacist (or 2) if wanting to sell meds ( antibiotics, COVID-19 meds, etc.) and there would go 1/2 of your profit margin...

Hello,

You would be amazed at what you can buy from vending machines outside the medical room on P&O!

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, padgman1 said:

Just OTC meds and sundries.  No prescriptions.  I spend time on or before every cruise looking for a pharmacy.  Things I forgot, or things that are liquids that I cannot take on a plane or are too heavy.

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, JFontaine said:

Open an adults only area with padded sun loungers, well spaced,  that are reserved for the day or the cruise, with shade if desired.  Have waitstaff and occasional passed treats (fruit skewers, ice cream sandwiches, mini hot dogs), with pop up entertainment.   No chair hog problem.  

So duplicate NCL's Vibe Club or Princess's Sanctuary? Both are popular but that would equally cause outrage among the people that think the Retreat Sundeck already creates too much pay to use space. 

5 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Just OTC meds and sundries.  No prescriptions.  I spend time on or before every cruise looking for a pharmacy.  Things I forgot, or things that are liquids that I cannot take on a plane or are too heavy.

I wholeheartedly agree ! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JFontaine said:

Open an adults only area with padded sun loungers, well spaced,  that are reserved for the day or the cruise, with shade if desired.  Have waitstaff and occasional passed treats (fruit skewers, ice cream sandwiches, mini hot dogs), with pop up entertainment.   No chair hog problem.  

That sound like our first cruise on Azamara 😁

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

So duplicate NCL's Vibe Club or Princess's Sanctuary? Both are popular but that would equally cause outrage among the people that think the Retreat Sundeck already creates too much pay to use space. 

I'd put this in rarely used spaces - like outside the back doors on the Edge - and remind people who don't care to pay for it that there would be __ number of passengers not competing with them for space around the pool.  Outrage?  Making/keeping cruise lines profitable should be a desire of every cruiser, because if the line is not profitable it is sooner or later gone, often with little warning.

5 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

When was that as I've missed it?

The only afternoon tea I've had (available to those in 'steerage') was a 'once and once only per cruise' Afternoon Tea in Murano with a three/four piece music ensemble.

I happily pay €39 for Afternoon Tea in Reid's Hotel in Madeira each and every time we stop there.

A Daniel Boulud cooking session would not interest me as, reading his book, I got to page 300 before I found anything I would want to eat! BUT I would be interested in a 'knife skills' class.

Combining 'drive the ship' and Escape Room, we could have a room set as a dummy bridge and the 'captain' has to save the ship from dangerous situations. Maybe 'chief engineers' and 'mates' could play supporting roles. Who remembers "Left hand down a bit"?

Regards,

Cublet

Only the Brits and even then I suspect we are now in the minority.

For our American friends try googling "The Navy Lark" although I am not sure that the humour (sorry humor) will translate too well 

But I forgive my American friends as you gave us the world's best ever TV Comedy - episodes available every morning on at least one TV channel when we visit Dallas.

Which one I hear you cry?

The one and only "Mr Ed".😂😀😊

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OysterD said:

Another vote for an escape room type thing. Tbh they could just leave one of the pointless shops as they are, lock me in and hide the key, and I guarantee I'd be out of there in record time. 

Something I'd also be interested in would be dinner with captain/senior crew maybe. However, I'd imagine that would sell out very quickly so how about having tickets for that raffled off instead. Might have to limit that to cruises longer than 7 days or something - can't expect the captain/senior crew to be doing that every 3 nights when they turn Reflection into a booze cruise short trip only ship next year. 

We have been lucky enough to dine with officers on occasions. Always interesting…I agree it probably would have to be cruises longer than 7 nights.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Take out one of the underutilized expensive shops.  Replace it with a true, well stocked pharmacy.  Maybe not a pay extra but Celebrity would make good money on this.

Oh, I agree, add in a few basic toiletries too…On long haul flights to cruise, especially, it would be so nice not to take the long list of ‘just in case’ over the counter stuff with you…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

1 hour ago, JFontaine said:

I'd put this in rarely used spaces - like outside the back doors on the Edge - and remind people who don't care to pay for it that there would be __ number of passengers not competing with them for space around the pool.  Outrage?  Making/keeping cruise lines profitable should be a desire of every cruiser, because if the line is not profitable it is sooner or later gone, often with little warning.

I can see both sides…However, if you look most ships there are quiet areas that could be better utilised. Whilst for many guests it is the poolside location they want. If it is peace and quiet, a nice sun bed and perhaps a bit more attentive service then location is not important…The pool side guests would have less folks looking for spots and the ‘luxury bed’ guests would get what they want too.

• Like 1

On one of the NCL cruises I went on, a bar crawl was organized in the roll call. I'm not sure who took the lead but it was a blast. Group of 20 or so and NCL had it organized ahead so that when the group got to a bar, a platter of drinks were pre-made and ready to go. And the bartenders really had fun with it and played it up. I would pay extra for that. 

1 hour ago, JFontaine said:

Making/keeping cruise lines profitable should be a desire of every cruiser, because if the line is not profitable it is sooner or later gone, often with little warning.

You know, I think you have expressed exactly what I was trying to ‘get at’ when I started this thread.

Companies are driven by profit. They can either up their profit margins by making cuts (room service, menu items, butler service) or by upping their prices (with a real risk of out pricing themselves) or by offering extra facilities/services that their guests would feel were an enhancement to their cruise experience and a price they were comfortable with…Personally, I do prefer this last option….

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Islander500 said:

I hope I'm staying on topic but I would love for BLU breakfast to be open later.  Especially on sea days.  Would I pay extra, yes.  I think I already do but charge me a few bucks more if needed, please.  

Perhaps on sea days Blu could be the venue from 10.30 - 2pm for the brunch several of us think could go down well. No impact on Aqua guests…It may also encourage guests who haven’t considered Aqua Class before to consider looking at it for the next cruise after experiencing the venue. A sales plug as well as a dining earner for Celebrity!

14 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Perhaps on sea days Blu could be the venue from 10.30 - 2pm for the brunch several of us think could go down well. No impact on Aqua guests…It may also encourage guests who haven’t considered Aqua Class before to consider looking at it for the next cruise after experiencing the venue. A sales plug as well as a dining earner for Celebrity!

I like your thinking!  It's a shame that such a beautiful venue is empty on sea days. 

15 hours ago, RTShaker said:

You can never be sure where or who had a hand in starting the implementation of these changes. It could be the new CEO taking the hit for things started by her predecessor.

I hear you but from my angle the timing is suspicious 

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

This is a great idea.  I wouldn't even care if they charged a bit extra.  I bring so many toiletries and OTC meds and most of the time don't need any of them.  This would save a lot of space in our carryon.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

I like your thinking!  It's a shame that such a beautiful venue is empty on sea days. 

I don’t understand why Blu isn’t open for Aqua guests on sea days or embarkation. Would make for a more pleasant experience for the guests.

Oh & yes why is Blu & Luminae not open till at least 10 on a sea day? Don’t get that. Thank goodness for Elite breakfast. 

EDIT: a pharmacy is a great idea. 

Edited by wineoclock
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, wineoclock said:

I don’t understand why Blu isn’t open for Aqua guests on sea days or embarkation. Would make for a more pleasant experience for the guests.

Oh & yes why is Blu & Luminae not open till at least 10 on a sea day? Don’t get that. Thank goodness for Elite breakfast. 

EDIT: a pharmacy is a great idea. 

So the staff can have some time off 😉

• Like 1