The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 5th, 2023

richwmn

Good hot and humid morning. It’s 76 with 89% humidity, going up to 95 then 97 tomorrow .

I’m not going out today. 
The escaped convict is still on the run, more sightings last night including one on a camera at Longwood. The garden is closed on a Tuesday regularly. Schools in the area are closed . It has to end soon.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  The tuesday that feels like monday.....worked yesterday, and will work every day this week.  I say that in hope.

Yesterday @catmando made the Beef Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce that @dfish had posted last week.  The flavor of the beef was fantastic, he marinated it for 24 hours, but the Tzatziki was a bit strange for us.  I like seeing the cucumber in the sauce, but by blending it, it made it all about the dill.  

@JazzyVJust as I was about to request removing DH's brother from the rotation, could you please add him on, again.  He had a stroke yesterday while in the hospital. SIL says he in not in great shape,  doesn't understand what is being said to him, and cannot respond. His name is Scott.

I texted my neighbor last night to let her know that I couldn't walk Hope (the dog) on Wednesday, only to find out that Hope the dog had been rushed to the animal hospital last night.  Her mom is home this morning, either waiting to pick her up, or transfer her to her regular vet.  My neighbor is very hard of hearing, so texting and being short and direct is the best way for us to talk. And it frees up her special phone in case someone needs to reach her.

I got an email from my favorite boss, but for my most unfavorite job (fund raising) for parts of October and November.  I told him I was currently working for two other people, and that I was going to be gone most of October and November.  He sent back another email that said I should really think again about turning down the offer, and I could work Novemberish.  What is Novemberish? I thought about it, and responded that if he could tell me what Novemberish was, I would come back to work for him.  Well, turns out that Novemberish will stretch out into Decemberish, and I said OK, goodish.

I realized that I will be one of the first to go, once the CA renewals will be done, so I will lock myself into a job for post cruise.

f69207e10cca10922f16466523083ade.jpg

I have to get ready for PT this morning.  I hope you all have a wonderful day!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

I guess we’re a day late for our original cruise departure date, but all is well!  We’re on the train heading into Manhattan. Very foggy! DH got carryon and totes onto the overhead rack. DGD drove us in our car to the train, keeping it for us till our return. Tough sleeping last night, thinking of the blessing of my friend who died. A wrote a card but when someone has been woven into my life, my heart, my soul and my history it’s hard to not be there. But we are all on our paths, walking along side each other in joys and sorrows. It all clicks along, Life is Good 🌈

Thanks for all the good wishes!  Blessing to you all… through struggles, doubts and celebrations!  Smooth travels…. 
Maureen

• Like 34

7 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  The tuesday that feels like monday.....worked yesterday, and will work every day this week.  I say that in hope.

Yesterday @catmando made the Beef Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce that @dfish had posted last week.  The flavor of the beef was fantastic, he marinated it for 24 hours, but the Tzatziki was a bit strange for us.  I like seeing the cucumber in the sauce, but by blending it, it made it all about the dill.  

@JazzyVJust as I was about to request removing DH's brother from the rotation, could you please add him on, again.  He had a stroke yesterday while in the hospital. SIL says he in not in great shape,  doesn't understand what is being said to him, and cannot respond. His name is Scott.

I texted my neighbor last night to let her know that I couldn't walk Hope (the dog) on Wednesday, only to find out that Hope the dog had been rushed to the animal hospital last night.  Her mom is home this morning, either waiting to pick her up, or transfer her to her regular vet.  My neighbor is very hard of hearing, so texting and being short and direct is the best way for us to talk. And it frees up her special phone in case someone needs to reach her.

I got an email from my favorite boss, but for my most unfavorite job (fund raising) for parts of October and November.  I told him I was currently working for two other people, and that I was going to be gone most of October and November.  He sent back another email that said I should really think again about turning down the offer, and I could work Novemberish.  What is Novemberish? I thought about it, and responded that if he could tell me what Novemberish was, I would come back to work for him.  Well, turns out that Novemberish will stretch out into Decemberish, and I said OK, goodish.

I realized that I will be one of the first to go, once the CA renewals will be done, so I will lock myself into a job for post cruise.

I am so sorry to hear of Scott's stroke.Hopefully prompt treatment will help recovery.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I hate being late and make a point of being at least 15 minutes early for most things.  We have friends who are chronically late and when we invite them over for dinner, intentionally tell them it's being served half an hour earlier than it is, just so they make it on time.  To me, cheese pizza is the beginning of all pizzas.  We try to support charities all year round, not just one day.

You know how we've had heat and smoke the past few days?  Well, this morning we woke to a temperature of +3 (37F)!!!  Didn't see that one coming!  The skies have cleared off, but it appears a cold front has moved in, which means we'll only be seeing a high of possibly +17 (62).  It'll be a cold start for the kids heading out to school for the first time this year - hopefully they'll have fall jackets ready, but I doubt it.

@RMLincoln Bon Voyage; enjoy your cruise, even though your dear friend's passing is weighing heavy on your heart.

@grapau27 I'm saddened to hear of Sarah's friend's DH passing.

@Crazy For Catsit's good to hear your DM has been moved out of ICU.

@Quartzsite CruiserI hope DH has good news at his neuro appointment today.

@Lady Hudsoncongratulations on your great-grandson's arrival; what a happy time!

@catmandoso good to see a photo of you & @marshhawk; good luck with the stopping smoking - it isn't easy!

@marshhawk sorry to hear about DBIL's stroke; prayers for him.

Not a lot on the agenda today - DH is heading out to get his hair cut, while I'm meeting colleagues for our monthly breakfast gathering.  It's always fun to see who shows up and find out what everyone's been up to.  The people at the restaurant now give us our own little room, as conversations can become quite lively!

I'd like to try the drink of the day, just to see what it's like, know I'd probably enjoy the wine, and definitely yes on the Margherita pizza!  Because it's so cool out, I think I'll make a warmer dinner - we're going to have hot hamburger sandwiches and corn on the cob that we can enjoy on the deck with all the windows closed tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning to All!  Thanks for the daily and fleet reports.  I am almost never late; I would tell the staff at wherever I was working that if I was not there by 5 min before the start of the day (and I had not let them know I was going to be late), someone should come over to where I was living to make sure I was ok.  Now that won't work so.......  Not a fan of only cheese pizza and while I may not give monetarily, I think I contribute to a lot of charities through my work.

The meal sounds yummy, not sure about the drink, yes to the wine and I have not been to Trieste (went to Italy but not on a cruise).  Looking at things and how change can make it better is probably one of the tenets of my life so Ghandi's quote is very important.  Cool day in history!!

It is very nice this morning.  Only about 71F and at that temp, humidity really doesn't matter.  But it is projected to get to the low 100s by the afternoon.  Feeling a little under the weather - for some reason lots of aches and pains today.  Went to the gym but came home not too soon after arriving.  I did get my second bird flu shot yesterday and I think that is why I feel so crappy.  Kind of like I felt with the second Covid shot during the Moderna trials.  So I think today will be a chill day.  

Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 29

2 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

🌹praying for Amazing for Scott!  

Fog is lifting. We’ll be in Manhattan in a hour or so. Clicking clack along the Hudson. Picture won’t load, maybe later. 

Thanks Annie! m—IMG_1780.thumb.jpeg.a66c9d9a239ba09db6e7ecdd3c44993a.jpeg

I took that train from Montreal to NY after my New England cruise in June.  I loved doing it!!  Enjoy!!

• Like 20

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Was raining earlier but did not last long.  We will be in the mid to high 90s this week. It is the way it is. The ocean temp also remains high. 

I dont like to be late and try to plan accordingly. sometime things happen and it is unavoidable.  Drives me crazy when on an excursion, it is always that same person who is always late. Love cheese pizza but not today.

Taking DD for a regular Doctor appointment today. She is well so there should not be any issues.  

Going out to dinner with friends tonite. We who live here try to avoid restaurants on the weekend.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 27

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich 🙂 

and thanks to Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie & Ann.

Good combination of days.  I”m definitely late to the Daily so I guess I am celebrating Be Late day.  Cheese Pizza day blends well with the meal suggestion.  Day of Charity should be everyday. 

IMG_1032.thumb.jpeg.16050d593f6eaa1b1a09e0700965208e.jpeg

Love the Gandhi quote - inspiring.  A Margarita Pizza in Italy is delicious.  At home, I top it up.  Nearly got to Trieste in May until I had to cancel my cruise.  We were supposed to overnight there.  I had done research and Trieste is gorgeous - if you are in the same circumstance, I’d recommend touring Trieste and area rather than trundling to Venice if you have been there.

IMG_1033.thumb.jpeg.8c535647efea1b2ba725655f503fbaf4.jpeg

Busy morning.  Lots of last minute people signing onto the roll call. It’s been hopping.   I will never understand why people wait until the last minute and expect to find a lot of availability on private tours 🤷‍♀️ 

Vet tech here this morning as well.  Ivan has been weighed and gotten his injection.  I think I am 2 hours behind already 😂 

IMG_1036.jpeg.753a166cd98191b9b99adb03220fa798.jpeg

Will try to catch up.  Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, worries & those that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

IMG_1034.thumb.jpeg.407da5d9ea5a477bb1be2d488b2b95eb.jpeg

Have a good Tuesday, everyone.

• Like 24
  • Haha 9

Good morning,

I am savoring some peace and quiet before DGS wakes up. No school today so he had another sleepover. Daycare is open for DGD.  I had the 2 of them most of the weekend. It is much easier with one. My niece is still here which helps to have another adult to keep him busy. It will be another scorcher here today with limited outdoor play. It has been a very hot summer. 

I am always amazed at all the wonderful pictures people share. I am hopeless when it comes to capturing my cruises. My DH took lots of pictures so I did not feel I needed to. Now  that I am alone I need to step up my game. 

Prayers and well wishes to all. Have a great day. 

• Like 23

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Annie, I'm sorry your DBIL Scott had a stroke.  Sending positive thoughts for a full recovery.

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

I guess we’re a day late for our original cruise departure date, but all is well!  We’re on the train heading into Manhattan. Very foggy! DH got carryon and totes onto the overhead rack. DGD drove us in our car to the train, keeping it for us till our return. Tough sleeping last night, thinking of the blessing of my friend who died. A wrote a card but when someone has been woven into my life, my heart, my soul and my history it’s hard to not be there. But we are all on our paths, walking along side each other in joys and sorrows. It all clicks along, Life is Good 🌈

Thanks for all the good wishes!  Blessing to you all… through struggles, doubts and celebrations!  Smooth travels…. 
Maureen

Maureen, I'm glad you are now on the train and headed to NYC and your ship.

46 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I hate being late and make a point of being at least 15 minutes early for most things.  We have friends who are chronically late and when we invite them over for dinner, intentionally tell them it's being served half an hour earlier than it is, just so they make it on time.  To me, cheese pizza is the beginning of all pizzas.  We try to support charities all year round, not just one day.

You know how we've had heat and smoke the past few days?  Well, this morning we woke to a temperature of +3 (37F)!!!  Didn't see that one coming!  The skies have cleared off, but it appears a cold front has moved in, which means we'll only be seeing a high of possibly +17 (62).  It'll be a cold start for the kids heading out to school for the first time this year - hopefully they'll have fall jackets ready, but I doubt it.

@RMLincoln Bon Voyage; enjoy your cruise, even though your dear friend's passing is weighing heavy on your heart.

@grapau27 I'm saddened to hear of Sarah's friend's DH passing.

@Crazy For Catsit's good to hear your DM has been moved out of ICU.

@Quartzsite CruiserI hope DH has good news at his neuro appointment today.

@Lady Hudsoncongratulations on your great-grandson's arrival; what a happy time!

@catmandoso good to see a photo of you & @marshhawk; good luck with the stopping smoking - it isn't easy!

@marshhawk sorry to hear about DBIL's stroke; prayers for him.

Not a lot on the agenda today - DH is heading out to get his hair cut, while I'm meeting colleagues for our monthly breakfast gathering.  It's always fun to see who shows up and find out what everyone's been up to.  The people at the restaurant now give us our own little room, as conversations can become quite lively!

I'd like to try the drink of the day, just to see what it's like, know I'd probably enjoy the wine, and definitely yes on the Margherita pizza!  Because it's so cool out, I think I'll make a warmer dinner - we're going to have hot hamburger sandwiches and corn on the cob that we can enjoy on the deck with all the windows closed tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, thanks for the good wishes today.

46 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good Morning to All!  Thanks for the daily and fleet reports.  I am almost never late; I would tell the staff at wherever I was working that if I was not there by 5 min before the start of the day (and I had not let them know I was going to be late), someone should come over to where I was living to make sure I was ok.  Now that won't work so.......  Not a fan of only cheese pizza and while I may not give monetarily, I think I contribute to a lot of charities through my work.

The meal sounds yummy, not sure about the drink, yes to the wine and I have not been to Trieste (went to Italy but not on a cruise).  Looking at things and how change can make it better is probably one of the tenets of my life so Ghandi's quote is very important.  Cool day in history!!

It is very nice this morning.  Only about 71F and at that temp, humidity really doesn't matter.  But it is projected to get to the low 100s by the afternoon.  Feeling a little under the weather - for some reason lots of aches and pains today.  Went to the gym but came home not too soon after arriving.  I did get my second bird flu shot yesterday and I think that is why I feel so crappy.  Kind of like I felt with the second Covid shot during the Moderna trials.  So I think today will be a chill day.  

Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!

Penny, I hope it's just a reaction tomthe shot, and that you feel better soon.

Lenda

• Like 20

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

DM was transferred out of ICU into a regular room.  The doctor will review a loop that was implanted awhile ago yo see if that reveals anything. 

that is good news!  I hope the doctors can help her and she recovers quickly 🙏 

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Today I have t o drive DH to the Dentist on Hilton Head for his six-month visit.  Since we are there we decided we will go out for a late lunch/dinner at a nice Seafood Restaurant.  For people who hardly ever eat out, we are going out twice in a week. 

You more than deserve going out to dinner another time 👍 

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Vanessa you mentioned yesterday about my workload.  It is this way at the end of our season here every year.  I could start all the cleanup earlier but we are cutting blooming plants right now and I hate to take them down so early. 

I hear you on cutting blooming plants, Nancy.  It’s always painful.  You are wise to be doing it now, though even though your flowers are so beautiful 😊

I have started deconstructing too - painful - but it has to be done before I go.  It will be too cold when I get back for bulbs to survive and it takes time to do it all.

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a warm and humid central Texas.  It is 80F out and feels like 87F already.  While there is an 11 mph wind the humidity is 84% with a dew point of 75F.  The predicted high is 104F.  I'm pretty sure I'll be skipping my walk today because of the humidity.  This west Texas girl has never gotten used to humidity.

Today may be late for something day, but for us, it is not a day to be late.  As Terry @smitty34877 said in her post, we have a very important appointment today with the surgeon to see when DH can have the much needed shunt placed.  When we saw the nurse practioner two weeks ago, she was going to try to schedule the surgery by the end of August or the first of this month.  So far, we have not heard anything from UTSW about that.  I'm just glad she advised us not to cancel this appointment.  We always try to be on time or early anyway.

Cheese pizza is okay if it is really a Margarita pizza, but we generally put more toppings on our pizzas.  We try to donate unwanted items to charities here and in Quartzsite.

The Mahatma Gandhi quote is very good.

The meal might be good and easy. We'll pass on the drink, but I think I would like the wine.

We have not been to Trieste, but not for a lack of trying.  In 2019 while on Veendam, we booked a ship excursion from Rijeka to Trieste.  The tour was canceled because the operator could not guarantee we'd be back at the ship in time due to backups and delays at the border crossing between Italy and Croatia.

The first color recording magnetic tape changed people's viewing habits.

Jake, that is good news your DM has been transferred to a regular room.  Sending positive thoughts for a quick and full recovery.  Thanks for the pictures.

Tony, I hope the weather clears and you enjoy your day in Baie-Comaeu.

Terri, you and your DH deserve another meal out after the last few weeks.

Terry, thanks for the good wishes.  We need all we can get since things move slowly at UTSW.  I hope your DH has a good PT session.

Oops!  😱  I guess I should try to only think about one thing at a time.  It's @RMLincoln who is sailing today.  Anyway, a very early BON VOYAGE.

349541494_1005281447575577_7372967389530208977_n.jpg.a60de798aa8c19559af481c14461a55f.jpg

349587183_635885868058386_6933585127471743042_n.jpg.20f79c852aa3880528b35c63fdf7af21.jpg

350137986_3439034509685222_3623191174712747357_n.thumb.jpg.c8e1863c585e8a196251f21a7d085984.jpg

351550735_1430544334387928_626042584399825958_n.thumb.jpg.1de86a46c1b66e12855d58dd025ca21b.jpg

Lenda

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Oh Annie - I am so sorry to hear about Scott’s stroke.  My prayers are with him and you 🙏 

1 hour ago, Nickelpenny said:

Feeling a little under the weather - for some reason lots of aches and pains today.  Went to the gym but came home not too soon after arriving.  I did get my second bird flu shot yesterday and I think that is why I feel so crappy.  Kind of like I felt with the second Covid shot during the Moderna trials.  So I think today will be a chill day.  

Sorry to hear you are unwell.  So glad you are going to rest and relax.  You need it.  Hopefully it is the reaction to the flu shot and nothing else 🤞 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Sending prayers 🙏 and good wishes for Scot after his stroke.

• Like 12

Good morning, everyone. A little late to the party. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

It will be a very hot week with little rain so I am doing the best I can to keep the vegetables and roses alive. Today, I am in the office to see clients. Looking forward to a shortened week. 

I have decided that since I miss cruising so much, and my cruise in 2025 is so far away, I am having my TA see what she can come up with for a cruise to Canada/New England for next October. Probably late to the game in booking but she can work wonders. I just need to be on a cruise ship. 

Bon Voyage @RMLincoln

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.jpeg.708eaaebbc33e137fcf1d62421f20522.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Haha 2