The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 19th, 2023

richwmn

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Hello Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  I’m late to the party today.  We were woken up at midnight by the detectors.  Two of the breakers flipped off and one was the source of power for the detectors.  When I got into the office I called the electrician and they offered a 1:30 appointment to determine what went wrong.  After my morning meetings ended I went home.  Turns out two of the breakers went bad so they replaced them for a nice fee.  I happily paid the bill since I’d rather not face a worse fate.

DM is home and very happy to be there.  DS saw her on Sunday and let me know that she looks like her old self.

@smitty34877 my deepest sympathies and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

@dfish thanks for today’s recipes they look good to me.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

image.thumb.png.b94b7492667387f8446e817cb6c965a9.png

Jake, I'm glad they got the problem fixed, even if it was for a "nice" fee.  I'm happy your DM is home and doing well.  You are very lucky tp still have her.

1 hour ago, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

Hi all

i have been following this thread for a while, and being a huge Talk Like a Pirate Day fan, thought that THIS is the day I finally posed the question that has been rolling around in my mind. (By the way, I am Deadman Creeper Swashbuckler)

actually, it’s several questions wrapped up in one…

How did this thread start - do all of you “core” people actually KNOW each other (ie meet onboard?   How did the “daily assignments “ (Days, quotes, food and drink, ports, care lists, etc) come about: did it just evolve into what it is or a conscious decision? 
how long has it been going?

it’s been very intriguing to me (first HAL trip was in Aug, so have been searching for info for a bit before that…. Still reading).  I hope you don’t feel like I am intruding into up your group.   Love looking forward to the daily lists (and @RedneckBob‘s daily levity).

just a curious question…

Good thoughts go out to all.😀🙏

ps… I will take the wine any day.  

Welcome to the Fleet Report/Daily.  New contributors are always welcome, and many of us were new at one time.  As Debbie @dfish so elegantly said, thanks to Rich @richwmn,  the Daily was a lifeline to us during the dark days of Covid.  Over the course of time, this site has evolved into a caring and supportive group of friends, many of whomhavenevermetinperson -- yet.  We hope you will join us whenever you feel like.

31 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Beautifully said Debbie. 

So true, Joy.

13 minutes ago, richwmn said:

To be honest, credit for the concept of the Fleet Report (the original title) must go to Lisa @LAFFNVEGAS . She did a ship listing for many years. When she could no longer do it, another member continued it for a while and their source went away at the end of 2018. A couple of months later (Roy @rafinmd has the date) I found a place to get the itineraries from and posted it in case someone wanted to start it up again. A couple of days later I went ahead and posted that days list and have been doing so since.

As Roy mentioned, other things were added to get us thru the pandemic and have remained. Everyone chips in when needed, @kazu and @StLouisCruisers have taken on the task of posting when I can't, but the information is prepared in advance and is also available at halfacts.com/daily.

It has been a lot of fun over the years for me, and I hope everyone else.

Rich

Rich, a sincere thank you for keeping this thread as it evolved over the past few years.  It is still an important place for many of us each day.

Lenda 

• Like 24

Welcome @AroundWithMAPTravels!  Nice to see you posting and hope to see you back again soon.

I'm happy to meet my fellow Chum Buckets - my name is Mad Cackle Chum Bucket.  That was fun!

We're just hanging out here in Texas and finally saw Ren around 6:30 pm.  He spent the day in bed sleeping.  We've plied him with fluids and he ate mostly fruit until this evening.  He says he has an appetite but still has a headache.  He plans on going to practice in the morning though.  We will take DDIL to the airport first thing in the morning.  She's off to L.A.   During the day we can use the gym, walk to a restaurant for lunch, do pretty much whatever we want.  Trying to get used to central time tonight as we are both pretty tired.  Hope to have a good night's sleep and see you all here again tomorrow.  

• Like 24

2 hours ago, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

Hi all

i have been following this thread for a while, and being a huge Talk Like a Pirate Day fan, thought that THIS is the day I finally posed the question that has been rolling around in my mind. (By the way, I am Deadman Creeper Swashbuckler)

How did this thread start - do all of you “core” people actually KNOW each other (ie meet onboard?   How did the “daily assignments “ (Days, quotes, food and drink, ports, care lists, etc) come about: did it just evolve into what it is or a conscious decision? 

it’s been very intriguing to me (first HAL trip was in Aug, so have been searching for info for a bit before that…. Still reading).  I hope you don’t feel like I am intruding into up your group.   Love looking forward to the daily lists (and @RedneckBob‘s daily levity).

just a curious question…

I started reading CC in preparing for my first ever cruise in Jan 2022.  I would read the daily but never really posted because I felt like I would be intruding.  When I finally did post, I was welcomed with open arms.  I have been lucky to meet some of the regular posters on the subsequent cruises I have taken though I don't think when we met they knew I was NickelPenny ( @kazu and @seagarsmoker comes to mind).  Now reading the daily is part of my morning ritual.  The people here are great!!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Well, for better or for worse I closed up the bag that goes to Luggage Forward.  Still time to chicken out until the deed is actually done, and then it would be a mess to try to cancel the delivery to the ship.

Roy

You've been in my prayer book for so long (since before your brother passed), you are on the top of my list! I pray you are stronger and healthier and have a fabulous time on your cruises.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Well, for better or for worse I closed up the bag that goes to Luggage Forward.  Still time to chicken out until the deed is actually done, and then it would be a mess to try to cancel the delivery to the ship.

Roy

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Yay! 

go and follow your luggage.  It will lead you to good things 🤩

• Like 15

55 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy, I hope you can make the cruise. As to what happens if you can't... I had a friend whose luggage did an Mediterranean cruise without her after she had to cancel the day of departure. She said it had a wonderful time.

Susan

Edited by durangoscots
  • Like 5
  • Haha 13

55 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Yippee!  Go and enjoy.  Rest and relax all you want and rebuild that strength!  I'm glad you've taken that step.

• Like 17

Mad Bones Silver here. I am sure the students I had in physical anthropology would agree with the mad bones part.

Off to give the dogs one final outing for the night.... I had to wait for bear to finish trying to open our dumpster (the bear bar really works). He tipped it over but the bar held and he has wandered on. Hopefully someone from one of the other units will put it upright but if not several of us will wrestle it up tomorrow morning.

Susan

• Like 13
  • Haha 3

Good evening!  Welcome to the Fleet Report and Daily @AroundWithMAPTravels. Glad you posted today and hope that you post again and often. 

I’m Mad Rat Jackson. Wow what a name. 

Debbie @dfish, I use this when a recipe calls for lemongrass. 

26519B7F-26CB-4160-AE49-DE5874663CCB.thumb.jpeg.306c8220cd658f598f9ad0cc860aea6e.jpeg

You can find it in the produce area near the fresh herbs (that’s where it is at my nearby Safeway). Thank you for the recipes today.  We ended up having a Jersey Mike’s sub today. Tomorrow I’m making a new recipe from Cook’s Country for baked drumsticks with sun dried tomatoes and herbs de Provence. It’s marinating in the fridge right now. I hope the Herbs de Provence are fresh enough, I bought it from Pike Place in 2019. 

Have a good evening!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 18

I turned out to be Captain George Holystone, and DH is Squidlips Cackle Jones.  I can just hear the romance in that.  He can call me Captain, and Chuck is Squidlips.

It is almost midnight, one more minute-Welcome @AroundWithMAPTravels!  These are the nicest people in the world here.  I wanted info about Holland because my friend was taking me on a Holland cruise.  I read for several days, and then one day there was a port that I had been to, that I could talk about.  It isn't just the ports, it's the humor, the family and friends.  We start out as distant cousins, and we ended up being sisters and brothers.  So welcome!

Enjoyed the symphony tonight.  We changed our seats from last year.  Turns out an elderly gentleman's doctor told him if he can't see,  to move closer, so his seats in the back with the better sound became our seats, and he got our old seats, 5 rows from the stage.  Attached to back of the seats was a small thank you gift, and when we left, we got a little bag of candy.  Kind of like Halloween, DH wanted to exchange a fruit strip for the Caramel.  No problem!  

The second half of the concert was A New World Symphony. I have heard it many times live when I was working for the ASO, but this rendition was fantastic!  Dh says that they beat that theme to death, but to see it played in one part with just the first violinist and the first chair cello was so personal and intense.  Our next concert will be in a church at the Emory Campus, they want the organ, for Saint Saens Symphony # 3 -the Organ symphony(probably got the composer's spelling wrong. )

@mamaofamiI am so happy to read that Sam had a successful surgery, and that there is the chance he may be coming home soon!

• Like 18

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

IMO I think you have done the right thing and hope  you have 2 wonderful cruises and the opportunity to relax and be pampered on board.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

Hi all

just a curious question…

Good morning from a wet North East coast of England in the United Kingdom.

Sending you a big welcome from myself.

I have posted our Vicar Father David's sermons on here on a Sunday for over 1 year 

Although we have had 64 cruise's we have not been on HAL yet sailing primarily on Carnival brands P&O and Princess as well as Royal Caribbean.

We like to sail from Southampton England and

Rotterdam is sailing from Dover UK in 2025 so hopefully we will get an opportunity to meet some of the lovely Dailyites who have welcomed me for over 2 years on here.

I hope you become a regular poster.

Graham.

• Like 11

IMG_1338.thumb.jpeg.a77c2a04f5d488584d96f9f8194029ed.jpegIMG_1366.thumb.jpeg.5821c3e628cccbdce87a64d4478caeba.jpeg

Hello everyone. It seems I’m too late for Tuesday but still too early for Wednesday.  We’re in Taormina today and have just begun tenderingIMG_1414.thumb.jpeg.9f2c5a1a1c709e8a6b0fd071c7d98802.jpegIMG_1427.thumb.jpeg.13e024fb1e57e84855964943cef8ca58.jpegIMG_1459.thumb.jpeg.a5e62b56f1fdc2156bc50829d5d21e32.jpegIMG_1461.thumb.jpeg.241508458d42f8e851b26940154c1737.jpegIMG_1478.thumb.jpeg.46a22ef0fb6510331f95e74d3a56e579.jpeg

IMG_1479.thumb.jpeg.4a7f04c7f2229ebb314e9862a85defdc.jpegIMG_1481.thumb.jpeg.123a35751573d7b6d0f99eba05119b83.jpeg

. We plan to take the ship’s transfer to Taormina and tour the Grecko Roman theatre. Pompeii and Naples were fascinating topped off with pizza and beer in Naples. The weather has been warm and slightly overcast which makes it nice for sightseeing. Well it’s time to start preparing for our visit, I’ll leave you with a few photos of yesterday and this morning. Cheers. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

IMG_1338.thumb.jpeg.a77c2a04f5d488584d96f9f8194029ed.jpegIMG_1366.thumb.jpeg.5821c3e628cccbdce87a64d4478caeba.jpeg

Hello everyone. It seems I’m too late for Tuesday but still too early for Wednesday.  We’re in Taormina today and have just begun tenderingIMG_1414.thumb.jpeg.9f2c5a1a1c709e8a6b0fd071c7d98802.jpegIMG_1427.thumb.jpeg.13e024fb1e57e84855964943cef8ca58.jpegIMG_1459.thumb.jpeg.a5e62b56f1fdc2156bc50829d5d21e32.jpegIMG_1461.thumb.jpeg.241508458d42f8e851b26940154c1737.jpegIMG_1478.thumb.jpeg.46a22ef0fb6510331f95e74d3a56e579.jpeg

IMG_1475.mov 57.49 MB · 0 downloads  

IMG_1479.thumb.jpeg.4a7f04c7f2229ebb314e9862a85defdc.jpegIMG_1481.thumb.jpeg.123a35751573d7b6d0f99eba05119b83.jpeg

. We plan to take the ship’s transfer to Taormina and tour the Grecko Roman theatre. Pompeii and Naples were fascinating topped off with pizza and beer in Naples. The weather has been warm and slightly overcast which makes it nice for sightseeing. Well it’s time to start preparing for our visit, I’ll leave you with a few photos of yesterday and this morning. Cheers. 

Great photos.

• Like 5