New "crown lounge" rule

colesc15

17 hours ago, rockmom said:

agree.  Why go to the trouble to change the name and signage if they don't have an underlying plan?  There's a reason, we just don't know what that is yet.  

Maybe they are trying to be politically correct. 

40 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Exactly!  So excited to become Pinnacle next month.  

Congrats. What ship/date?  

I’m sure you’ll enjoy your benefits. They are very much like the upper tier diamond plus benefits you are currently receiving but with an extra daily drink, a few more days of internet, breakfast in a specialty restaurant (or sometimes in a special section of the MDR-like it was during the Jewel transatlantic) and $25 additional off for a balcony and above. And of course, a complimentary  seven day Caribbean cruise in a balcony (with a few restrictions) 

Don’t forget the best benefit, access to the Crown  lounge😄

• Haha 2

Just now, cruisegirl1 said:

I’m sure you’ll enjoy your benefits. They are very much like the upper tier diamond plus benefits you are currently receiving but with an extra daily drink, a few more days of internet, breakfast in a specialty restaurant (or sometimes in a special section of the MDR-like it was during the Jewel transatlantic) and $25 additional off for a balcony and above. And of course, a complimentary  seven day Caribbean cruise in a balcony (with a few restrictions) 

We will make Pinnacle on the Liberty, after our TA on the Rhapsody.  I honestly am just looking forward to the free internet.  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We just made Pinn on our current cruise (Mariner).  Some of our Pinn friends told us to expect a complimentary specialty dining meal certificate but when we asked about it, the LA said that comes when you reach 1400 points.  So I guess we will be looking forward to a comp Chops meal some time in the next 16 years !   🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

We just made Pinn on our current cruise (Mariner).  Some of our Pinn friends told us to expect a complimentary specialty dining meal certificate but when we asked about it, the LA said that comes when you reach 1400 points.  So I guess we will be looking forward to a comp Chops meal some time in the next 16 years !   🤣

Congrats!!  Never heard about the dinner thing.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Perhaps you will discover that certificate is always a mere 700 points away, LOL.

Congrats on making Pinn

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

No one wants to admit they would love to be Pinnacle, it’s simply much more fun to bash others.

We want to.  We currently have 567 points and will have 607 after our b2b starting on Friday.  DH did the math and we'll go over in spring 2025 on Adventure.  We have a b2b2b booked and I think we go over on the first leg.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Please do your homework and provide accurate information. 

First  of all, there are additional diamond plus benefits at the 525 level as well. Pinnacle of course  starts at 700. There is no benefit at 1040, however, there is a free cruise (balcony cabin on a Caribbean cruise or a trade in value)   at 1050 points.   There is a free cruise at every  350 points. There is no specific extra benefit at 1400 points except at that level, every 350 point cruise benefit changes from a balcony cabin to a junior suite.  There is  no additional level needed.

The original gap between diamond plus and  Pinnacle was intentional and created to demonstrate extreme loyalty to the company. 

Regarding your Pinnacle comment, I don’t know how you can make such a nasty sweeping remark about a category of individuals. You’re basing your  comment on perhaps something you heard on a social media site, not based on personal experience.  Pinnacle bashing is the national pastime of this group. No one wants to admit they would love to be Pinnacle, it’s simply much more fun to bash others.

Just to provide some more information to you, Pinnacles are generally not allowed in the suite/concierge lounge. While there may be a Pinnacle event held somewhere in the evening cocktail hours, Pinnacles are specifically assigned to the diamond lounge.  They have as much right to be there any D or D+ passenger. 

Get off your “new diamond level“  pedestal and BE GRACIOUS AND ACCEPTING of all fellow passengers.  

M

I'm not diamond.  I'm not anything.  I'm talking about specific behaviours I've seen discussed on this site about pinnacle members, but go off.  

Royal has alienated so many cruisers in Europe the diamond lounge is mostly empty on every cruise with just a few die hard royal cruisers still in there rethinking their loyalty. 

im amazed how royal manages to keep finding new cruisers on the UK but seeing how bad inflation cost of living pressures are getting in Europe I think royal is in for a shock in 2024

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, crazyank said:

only in your opinion

No it’s fact. C&A based events and exclusive areas are dead on UK and Euro sailings. We don’t have the same fanatical addiction to corporations and their loyalty schemes. We also have a lot more choice of holidays than you do which are both better value and also cheaper. 

what do you have? Mexico? Carribean? And cruises which go to the same places. 

Within a 2 to 3 hour flight we have so much choice that people rarely spend enough time on a single cruise line to even care and people that do care are not happy with royals current pricing and downgrade of food and experience. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

Royal has alienated so many cruisers in Europe the diamond lounge is mostly empty on every cruise with just a few die hard royal cruisers still in there rethinking their loyalty. 

im amazed how royal manages to keep finding new cruisers on the UK but seeing how bad inflation cost of living pressures are getting in Europe I think royal is in for a shock in 2024

On Symphony in May, cruise was full but only 6-10 people in DL (CL?) for HH. 

We eat late and often skip lunch so like to pop in for a few snacks and a couple of drinks for an hour or so in the evening. Snacks weren't great (not as good as Serenade last month) and took ages for drinks to be delivered and often wrong. I would ask for a dry rose and I got sweet (yuck).

Serenade  with the lovely VC lounge next door was much better

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

On Symphony in May, cruise was full but only 6-10 people in DL (CL?) for HH. 

We eat late and often skip lunch so like to pop in for a few snacks and a couple of drinks for an hour or so in the evening. Snacks weren't great (not as good as Serenade last month) and took ages for drinks to be delivered and often wrong. I would ask for a dry rose and I got sweet (yuck).

Serenade  with the lovely VC lounge next door was much better

Its been like that most cruises. I was on Anthem and there was maybe 20-30 in tops at peak time when the food come out

3 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

No it’s fact. C&A based events and exclusive areas are dead on UK and Euro sailings. We don’t have the same fanatical addiction to corporations and their loyalty schemes. We also have a lot more choice of holidays than you do which are both better value and also cheaper. 

what do you have? Mexico? Carribean? And cruises which go to the same places. 

Within a 2 to 3 hour flight we have so much choice that people rarely spend enough time on a single cruise line to even care and people that do care are not happy with royals current pricing and downgrade of food and experience. 

Before you make statements like "what do you have?"  maybe you should take a look at where we live.

and, when you say things like "we don't have"  "we have so much choice" you are only speaking for yourself. We are quite sure you don't speak for everybody in Europe.  Our experience with C&A events and exclusive areas on European sailings is exactly the opposite of yours. Can't speak for the UK because we've never sailed from there.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, crazyank said:

Before you make statements like "what do you have?"  maybe you should take a look at where we live.

and, when you say things like "we don't have"  "we have so much choice" you are only speaking for yourself. We are quite sure you don't speak for everybody in Europe.  Our experience with C&A events and exclusive areas on European sailings is exactly the opposite of yours. Can't speak for the UK because we've never sailed from there.

I cant see your location from the mobile site. I assumed you were a crazy yank as per your username. 

Ive sailed from the UK, Barcelona, (many times) Rome and all main ports over the last 10+ years. 

My point was recently there seems to be less loyal cruisers in this exclusive areas because royal has alienated much of these types of cruisers. 

If you sail on an OAP floating retirement home voyage though you could find more diamond and above are on the ship than normal but the clientele has changed a lot since inflation and pandemic etc  

1 minute ago, Pandamonia said:

I assumed you were a crazy yank as per your username. 

🤣🤣🤣

To be fair, a reasonable assumption. Speaking for the crazy yanks, we have plenty of places to go on vacation (holiday) with a 2-3 hour flight, they just don't involve leaving the country.

I get why you say you have more options because you can hop a flight to various countries in Europe, which is cool, but we both have options, just different ones due to the size/location of our countries.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Please do your homework and provide accurate information. 

First  of all, there are additional diamond plus benefits at the 525 level as well. Pinnacle of course  starts at 700. There is no benefit at 1040, however, there is a free cruise (balcony cabin on a Caribbean cruise or a trade in value)   at 1050 points.   There is a free cruise at every  350 points. There is no specific extra benefit at 1400 points except at that level, every 350 point cruise benefit changes from a balcony cabin to a junior suite.  There is  no additional level needed.

The original gap between diamond plus and  Pinnacle was intentional and created to demonstrate extreme loyalty to the company. 

Regarding your Pinnacle comment, I don’t know how you can make such a nasty sweeping remark about a category of individuals. You’re basing your  comment on perhaps something you heard on a social media site, not based on personal experience.  Pinnacle bashing is the national pastime of this group. No one wants to admit they would love to be Pinnacle, it’s simply much more fun to bash others.

Just to provide some more information to you, Pinnacles are generally not allowed in the suite/concierge lounge. While there may be a Pinnacle event held somewhere in the evening cocktail hours, Pinnacles are specifically assigned to the diamond lounge.  They have as much right to be there any D or D+ passenger. 

Get off your “new diamond level“  pedestal and BE GRACIOUS AND ACCEPTING of all fellow passengers.  

M

Perfectly stated...thanks.  🙂 

16 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The free unlimited internet is my favorite perk!  🤗

• Like 5