🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

45 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Arrrrrgggg!

This Pirate Dog is not happy Apparently YouTube/Google thinks I’m uploading too much to YouTube so my identity has to be verified. They asked for a screen shot of my drivers license. Not so sure how I feel about that but did it anyway. May take a day to verify so I apologize if I can’t post as much video. I’ll try and upload directly from the phone but I don’t like that some with non Apple phones may have trouble viewing.

https://gopro.com/v/9mrWDB5zMXMKL

Tortola Sail Away

Link opened fine on my Samsung Tab. Thanks 

• Like 1

@Sea Dog  What a great day you all seemed to have. Great choice and from what I figure well worth what you all did. 

Great that you and MoandFran hooked up. 

Hopefully the weather and seas aren’t too bad today. 

Great write up and videos 😀😀

Thx

Cheers!

Edited by #55worktoplay

Breakfast in the MDR

IMG_3339.thumb.jpeg.9f947b36aa925dea2bc1477eec80d0fc.jpeg

Nice window seat watching the swells as we are still rocking and Rolling. I went with my favorites.

IMG_3337.thumb.jpeg.2e1a474a26b0cb5ef836888e932a8a9c.jpeg

Eggs Benedict. This was the worst order I’ve had all week. No hollandaise sauce and eggs over cooked. Razor thin Canadian bacon and a tiny weeny hash brown.

IMG_3338.thumb.jpeg.99196595eb6f713e65655e1368cab0f8.jpeg

French toast was good.

not pictured was my espresso served Luke warm. I forgot to go to the Diamond lounge first and get it there. It comes out nice and hot out of the machine.

IMG_3335.thumb.jpeg.69533dc7d78244f6d4b6436bdb3845f3.jpeg

Other interesting note. Remember when the waiter used to come around with a tray full of donuts, danish and muffins. Now you practically have to ask for them. Also no mention of donuts. So I asked them if they still made the chocolate donuts and they said yes and asked me if I would like one. “Of course” I said. I wonder why they don’t just bring them around….oh yeah I know….cost cutting. Out of sight out of mind philosophy. Helps with their bottom line of food cost. Kinda sad it’s gotten to this.

IMG_3336.jpeg

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Let’s Get Caught Up

A few more things from yesterday. Captain Jaret came into the Diamond Lounge and talking to us. He showed me a nice app that he uses on his phone to track weather and seas. He told us the ship would be rocking and rolling last night and boy did it. Luckily I don’t get sea sick but I bet some other passengers did. The app is called “Windy.”

IMG_3323.thumb.png.ae47d35df8f9bb388a1855d3261fb6bc.png

The Captain and the Dog

IMG_3322.thumb.jpeg.31717b400b3fa4c11901b2894c9a8602.jpeg

Take off the sunburn and glasses and you could be twins!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

“Of course” I said. I wonder why they don’t just bring them around….oh yeah I know….cost cutting. Out of sight out of mind philosophy. Helps with their bottom line of food cost. Kinda sad it’s gotten to this.

You don’t want them spending more than $16.91 per person, per day on food do you?  Me, borrowing that number from CC’s #1 bean counter, @harryfat1 in his recent report on Navigator.   

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That  hot sauce was like dragon's breath, leaving a fiery trail that even volcanoes would envy. 🌶🔥

My eyes started to tear up, I started to cough. I tried to make it better by taking a napkin and wiping some of it away. Then I learned a very valuable lesson. Do not and I mean do not after getting maybe a little of that sauce on your fingers, rub your eyes. “Yeeeeowwww!” Then go to the bathroom to pee. OMG, now my family jewels were on fire.

Growing up in Buffalo and eating wings slathered in hot sauce, I've learned this same lesson, including eyes and jewels.  For your mouth, dairy products (e.g. milk, yogurt) and bread helps.  I substitute beer for the milk because...we'll because it's beer and not milk.  Beer doesn't work nearly as well though.  You're on your own for the other body parts.

Sounds like you all had a fantastic day.  I'm so glad that it all worked out for you to enjoy each other's company, and that the private charter gave you enjoy extra time there.  I kept checking the webcam and the weather looked great.

My first Painkiller was at a now defunct Pusser's restaurant in Cruz Bay on St. John in the early 90s.  It was so good that I took home a drink coaster with the recipe.  I've used this recipe ever since and will sometimes make a pitcher full of the pineapple/orange/coconut so that I just put rum in a glass with ice, top with the mix, and grate some nutmeg on top.  Very easy and very delicious summer drink.

IMG_0886.thumb.jpg.d8567a64d2dc011889fdb76700f0deed.jpg

IMG_0887.thumb.jpg.a63fb2e9d984743be6f29325086066e0.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And, of course, one of those non-Apple phone users would be.... me.

You were the first person I thought of. I was able to upload to YouTube on my other account.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

For me those mini croissant sandwiches in the wee hours are my highlight. They probably don’t have them anymore. 

I could easily eat a 4 or 5 of those in one sitting.  Now that I know it's $16.91 per day to feed me, I'll make sure to eat more to get my money's worth.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Growing up in Buffalo and eating wings slathered in hot sauce, I've learned this same lesson, including eyes and jewels.  For your mouth, dairy products (e.g. milk, yogurt) and bread helps.  I substitute beer for the milk because...we'll because it's beer and not milk.  Beer doesn't work nearly as well though.  You're on your own for the other body parts.

Sounds like you all had a fantastic day.  I'm so glad that it all worked out for you to enjoy each other's company, and that the private charter gave you enjoy extra time there.  I kept checking the webcam and the weather looked great.

My first Painkiller was at a now defunct Pusser's restaurant in Cruz Bay on St. John in the early 90s.  It was so good that I took home a drink coaster with the recipe.  I've used this recipe ever since and will sometimes make a pitcher full of the pineapple/orange/coconut so that I just put rum in a glass with ice, top with the mix, and grate some nutmeg on top.  Very easy and very delicious summer drink.

IMG_0886.thumb.jpg.d8567a64d2dc011889fdb76700f0deed.jpg

IMG_0887.thumb.jpg.a63fb2e9d984743be6f29325086066e0.jpg

Thanks for the recipe Bob. The bartender at Heidi’s Hideaway said they use:

Goya or Bluebird Pineapple Juice

IMG_3352.png.a4b2d3c71858e84f02236a40f53b6a20.png

IMG_3354.png.a1da3833b0e6d9ff3e45ae5fced177c3.png

Goya Orange Juice

IMG_3355.jpeg.323e079f6a6730580c844f98687da484.jpeg

And Coco Lopez Coconut Cream

IMG_3356.png.94d87755943729227b55e1de65e23d31.png

The Pusser’s was a lot stronger but was really better than the Soggy version. The Soggy was perfect for drinking a lot. Pusser’s for the flavor and enjoyment.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

IMG_3257.MOV

Now that's what I'm talkin about!  Hope you don't mind but I saved this to my Cruisin Icon file so I could sit back and enjoy from time to time...Big Blue....just can't top perfect!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 3

Greg, off topic but figured this was a good place to catch you.  If you can get into your celebrity account they have are having good sales on the drink package upgrade.  Go into the drink package category in your planner.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

White Rum right?

What Bob said. It’s dark.

4 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Greg, off topic but figured this was a good place to catch you.  If you can get into your celebrity account they have are having good sales on the drink package upgrade.  Go into the drink package category in your planner.

Thank you April I will do that.

22 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Just did the premium upgrade for the drink package. Decent price. Upgrade on Premium Wi-Fi is still a little pricey. I’ll wait and see if it goes down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sounds like you all had a fantastic day.  I'm so glad that it all worked out for you to enjoy each other's company, and that the private charter gave you enjoy extra time there.

+ 1 , Greg @Sea Dog , Deb @Momof3gurlz, Jen @jmh2006 & Larry @Husky1987

Glad you got to meet up with Francis too @mo&fran

• Like 15