🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

Really enjoying your trip report Greg. You gave a great way with words and your videos are excellent. 

Loved hearing about your beach days and your sushi and sake lunch 😋 

Glad you all got to meet up and are having such a good time 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Really enjoying your trip report Greg. You gave a great way with words and your videos are excellent. 

Loved hearing about your beach days and your sushi and sake lunch 😋 

Glad you all got to meet up and are having such a good time 

Thank you Sue! Please stick around as I have some great videos planned but I need my video workhorse of a computer to help me at home. Hope to have the final videos finished by Sunday or Monday. I have so much good stuff I want to do it good for you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

So another funny story from last night. So Linda and I after the show went to the schooner bar to look for the gang. The Schooner was packed. Jennifer messaged through the Royal app which is a very nice feature and Linda and I met  up with Jennifer, Dave, Deb and Andy at the pub. It was too loud so we decided to go to the Champagne Bar and it too was packed. So we went down to deck 4 and Boleros. It’s nice as it’s split. There is seating on the side of the bar and band and on the opposite side a nice quiet area with chairs and couches. I don’t remember how we got started on it but we started talking about Christmas Trees. Now you know me, the “Ultimate Christmas freak” and I was truly in heaven. Talking Christmas on a cruise ship in the Caribbean.

IMG_3476.thumb.jpeg.dbecfbab13ba3e0c5a219f9127b623bf.jpeg

We started showing each our pictures of our trees. Jennifer had some beautiful decorated trees in her home. Andy showed me the tree outside his home and OMG was it impressive. It started to look familiar however….wait is that the tree at Rockefeller Plaza New York?

IMG_3478.thumb.jpeg.81ba1c44d948b8d9fe14c39fa835c34f.jpeg

We all laughed hysterically. I’m sure when the waiter came over to get our drink orders seeing us all flash pictures of our Christmas trees

He thought we must be nuts.

IMG_3477.thumb.jpeg.a2ab20c603f52ebfe026f5a0c7715ba3.jpeg

A great time with great people I am so proud and honored to call friends.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

• Like 18
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So another funny story from last night. So Linda and I after the show went to the schooner bar to look for the gang. The Schooner was packed. Jennifer messaged through the Royal app which is a very nice feature and Linda and I met  up with Jennifer, Dave, Deb and Andy at the pub. It was too loud so we decided to go to the Champagne Bar and it too was packed. So we went down to deck 4 and Boleros. It’s nice as it’s split. There is seating on the side of the bar and band and on the opposite side a nice quiet area with chairs and couches. I don’t remember how we got started on it but we started talking about Christmas Trees. Now you know me, the “Ultimate Christmas freak” and I was truly in heaven. Talking Christmas on a cruise ship in the Caribbean.

IMG_3476.thumb.jpeg.dbecfbab13ba3e0c5a219f9127b623bf.jpeg

We started showing each our pictures of our trees. Jennifer had some beautiful decorated trees in her home. Andy showed me the tree outside his home and OMG was it impressive. It started to look familiar however….wait is that the tree at Rockefeller Plaza New York?

IMG_3478.thumb.jpeg.81ba1c44d948b8d9fe14c39fa835c34f.jpeg

We all laughed hysterically. I’m sure when the waiter came over to get our drink orders seeing us all flash pictures of our Christmas trees

He thought we must be nuts.

IMG_3477.thumb.jpeg.a2ab20c603f52ebfe026f5a0c7715ba3.jpeg

A great time with great people I am so proud and honored to call friends.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

You guys play way past my bedtime. 

I at least have another week yo enjoy the videos.  Next week is our free Pinnacle week, and we will be in a room (balcony) on deck 10.  Hope the wifi works as well as it does in our current room.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

You guys play way past my bedtime. 

I at least have another week yo enjoy the videos.  Next week is our free Pinnacle week, and we will be in a room (balcony) on deck 10.  Hope the wifi works as well as it does in our current room.

My motto play hard or go home. That attitude may last maybe another year or so. I can’t do it like I used to. Congratulations on your free week that is fantastic. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I usually go just to hear The Sound of Silence... my favorite song.

I assume you are talking about the Simon and Garfunkel version.  Have you listened to the one from Disturbed?  That is the only cover of that song I have really liked, his voice just makes it so haunting.

• Like 8

My view.

IMG_3479.thumb.jpeg.f5192ba6ee4016be8f660477ddb053ea.jpeg

Breakfast in the MDR. I did find out why the Espressos that have ordered are only Luke warm. The espresso machine is broken so the crew literally has to go to the crew mess and make a espresso and have it brought back. So I decided not to get that. Instead I’m going deep.

IMG_3480.thumb.jpeg.80de973d1098c3f8f00e87b074354966.jpeg

A Spicy Bloody Mary. Good lord help me. It could be a long day.

• Like 5
  • Haha 18

Just now, jk04 said:

I assume you are talking about the Simon and Garfunkel version.  Have you listened to the one from Disturbed?  That is the only cover of that song I have really liked, his voice just makes it so haunting.

I have heard that, and many other covers. I agree that Dusturbed does a really good version. When I do the song I usually do some verses the S&G way and one or two verses the Disturbed way.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, jk04 said:

I will say the two guys that sang that song last night did a good job but I am so partial to the original. I do need to listen to disturbed version. That could be interesting.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, akcruz said:

Greg, off topic but figured this was a good place to catch you.  If you can get into your celebrity account they have are having good sales on the drink package upgrade.  Go into the drink package category in your planner.

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just did the premium upgrade for the drink package. Decent price. Upgrade on Premium Wi-Fi is still a little pricey. I’ll wait and see if it goes down.

Thanks for the heads up!

Just upgraded for under $120 total for the 2 of us for our 7 day sailing on the Apex next summer.  I wasn't going to as Vikki doesn't really drink that much but at that price why not, one less thing to think about when I'm standing at the bar ordering drinks

Greg, keep watching the internet, I booked it a while ago for $2.99 per day

• Like 5

In honor of Trainman

IMG_3481.thumb.jpeg.73317cbebadb506a996581ea16e6b30f.jpeg

Ive enjoyed reading the thread lately about Trainman the beloved Cruise Critic member who did some amazing reviews. He was known for his Trainman Breakfast Sandwich. So I decided to try it. I couldn’t remember if it was a bagel or English muffin. I got the bagel but now I think it was an English muffin . Either way I made it with cream cheese, jelly and sausage links.

IMG_3482.thumb.jpeg.f8179f3bb9790399f29a149ffbd48ba3.jpeg

You know what? It’s actually pretty good. A little labor intensive to make but I enjoyed it . I didn’t eat all of it as I ordered a back up. The Omelette.

IMG_3483.thumb.jpeg.fd07a572191949aa81ef889ccf7b8770.jpeg

Thanks Trainman. Your spirit lives on.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Lobster Night in the MDR. Does Size Matter??? 

Our last night in the MDR as we will go back to Giovanni’s tomorrow night. Of course the draw for tonight was the Maine Lobster but I also wanted to hand out tips to the dining room manager Royal, who helped get us a good table.  Also tips for a great staff Julie and Gabriel. They worked hard, talked to us a lot and were so friendly. 

IMG_3465.thumb.jpeg.088782be86c6c44d649e5ad636e3a574.jpeg

My go to Escargot.

IMG_3466.thumb.jpeg.8dadc2447c05f915546eb927c35e0208.jpeg

The Maine Lobster. Slightly bigger than Caribbean Lobster with some more meat but not by much.

IMG_3467.thumb.jpeg.466d4c7256e716f004aecafc89d9f0c2.jpeg

Hand comparison. It’s small. I could have eaten 2 more easily. Melted butter was lukewarm not good.

IMG_3468.thumb.jpeg.c57a04a07738b6b663fc23948c3b6848.jpeg

Cheese Tortellini was very good. Great cheese flavor. This helped fill me up after the small lobster.

I had their warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and it was good as I dug in before realizing I did not take a picture.

All in all the food in the Main Dining Room was fairly good but unimpressive. The portion sizes were small, hit or miss on how hot the food was. Flavors were good for the most part and service was fantastic after the second. night.

Now onto the show.

Really enjoying your review.  Looks like you're having a great cruise.

Wondering, did they let you order the lobster and the cheese tortellini at the same time?  Or you had to finish your lobster first and then you were able to order the tortellini?  I quite like their tortellini so on our last cruise in March (I think you were on the same Oasis), the waiter said he couldn't bring both at once.  Found it annoying as I really like the tortellini but its on lobster night. (In the end, he saw I was a bit annoyed and did sneak in a tortellini too)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks for the heads up!

Just upgraded for under $120 total for the 2 of us for our 7 day sailing on the Apex next summer.  I wasn't going to as Vikki doesn't really drink that much but at that price why not, one less thing to think about when I'm standing at the bar ordering drinks

Thanks Ken will do. If you see it go down before me please let me know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Really enjoying your review.  Looks like you're having a great cruise.

Wondering, did they let you order the lobster and the cheese tortellini at the same time?  Or you had to finish your lobster first and then you were able to order the tortellini?  I quite like their tortellini so on our last cruise in March (I think you were on the same Oasis), the waiter said he couldn't bring both at once.  Found it annoying as I really like the tortellini but its on lobster night. (In the end, he saw I was a bit annoyed and did sneak in a tortellini too)

Yes they do require you finish one before starting the other. I would have liked to have both served at the same . What’s the difference? You are still going to eat both of them. Are they betting you might change your mind after the first entree?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes they do require you finish one before starting the other. I would have liked to have both served at the same . What’s the difference? You are still going to eat both of them. Are they betting you might change your mind after the first entree?

Well, you know how it is on a cruise ship with everyone so conscious of their calorie intake...

• Haha 19

Enjoy that wonderful sea weather, you might need a jacket when you return home.,  The big freeze is coming in my area of northern Arkansas Sunday, projected 21* on Tuesday...brrrr. I guess winter is here!

Time for another cruise!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

But not spicy right?  I don't much like spicy rum.

No not bad at all. Just right.

4 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Out on the balcony, watching the waves go by, and what do my wandering eyes see?  From our 6th deck balcony, I think I spy with my little eye, one deck up and on the hump….a @Sea Dog GoPro ready to capture our CocoCay arrival!

IMG_4427.thumb.jpeg.cd276a6ac672b026f5f3e40a6edafa8f.jpeg

IMG_4426.jpeg

Hey that’s me!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Out on the balcony, watching the waves go by, and what do my wandering eyes see?  From our 6th deck balcony, I think I spy with my little eye, one deck up and on the hump….a @Sea Dog GoPro ready to capture our CocoCay arrival!

I hope it is firmly attached.  I hear that GoPros sometimes like to leap off, and go for a swim.  

• Haha 14

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have heard that, and many other covers. I agree that Dusturbed does a really good version. When I do the song I usually do some verses the S&G way and one or two verses the Disturbed way.

Not once did I imagine Disturbed (the band anyway) being discussed in a Sea  Dog blog. 

Down with the sickness. 🤘

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I have never been in one, but your balcony looks like the pictures of an infinite balcony on, I think, some Celebrity ships.  My sister and BIL stayed in one and loved it.  Made the cabin seem bigger.  Do you prefer your Adventure balcony or the more open ones?

The Adventure balconies like @Sea Dog has are like the Deluxe Porthole View balconies on all of Celebrity's E class ships. The Infinite verandas on the E class ships are nothing more than a windows that you can open and close. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I like a traditional balcony instead of the infinity. This balcony was nice as in protected as it was on the hump but there was not a lot of space for like a lounge chair.

Yes I agree.

I tend to agree as well.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks for the heads up!

Wish RCI would come up with those deals.

• Like 3